IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CVM = Cedar Valley Mugshots, a FB site with a page for Chad Fitz, the RSO we've discussed on and off for a couple of days. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...58819775.56489.279285502183184&type=1&theater

I finally ventured in there. Nice public board, anyone can read.

For those who are concerned about a FB account and don't want to set one up, it is quite easy to do and remain very anonymous.

Get a new email account and don't give it out. (google, hotmail, yahoo, etc).
Create a name (Cinder Soot or Dr Know, names of your pets, just for example)
Put your privacy on 'only me', don't allow others to search for you by email, etc.
Lurk away

(Or you could be like me and play farmville way too much...)

Just my opinion, but if one perp can't gain control over two victims, then how do bank robberies happen with one perp and multiple victims? How does this perp gain control over a whole room full of adults?
It would take much less to gain control over two little girls by themselves on a secluded part of a walking trail. Again, MOO.

I think it is a lot easier to control 2 people than we think. Fear, threat of weapons, age of victim, all play into how someone will react.

Then don't temp as you have it is not nice. If you have info, then great. But flaunting it. Not cool.

Lol..."tempt?" I have info. It is the same info that many of you have. I didn't think I was "flaunting" anything.
I'm just confirming that the RSO mentioned here was also mentioned by family, and I, too, am interested in watching that FB activity play out. The family member we spoke to is VERY eager to bring SOMEONE to justice, so they may be jumping to conclusions that LE has yet to confirm.

The tweets & I believe the news stated the LE were checking for meth related offenders and RSO's right off the bat. Standard procedure since finding the girls in a whole different county. It opened up a wider range to maybe connect it all for an arrest.

CVM (Cedar Valley Mugshots), is putting all the child molesters on their site. Whether it's quarterly reviews or a coincidence that they all molested children 0-13 is curious. CF sure is winning though.

jmo

JMO. This perp is a newbi and not a RSO. JMO. signed......honeybadger. ( ;

Lol..."tempt?" I have info. It is the same info that many of you have. I didn't think I was "flaunting" anything.
I'm just confirming that the RSO mentioned here was also mentioned by family, and I, too, am interested in watching that FB activity play out. The family member we spoke to is VERY eager to bring SOMEONE to justice, so they may be jumping to conclusions that LE has yet to confirm.

And I'm sure that the more people get on FB and discuss this guy, the easier it is to jump to conclusions.

The old saying "slow and steady wins the race" certainly applies here. Let LE take their time and do everything by the book. That way, when they do get the right guy, we won't have to hear months down the road that he got off because the police didn't dot every "i" and cross every "t". JMO

The tweets & I believe the news stated the LE were checking for meth related offenders and RSO's right off the bat. Standard procedure since finding the girls in a whole different county. It opened up a wider range to maybe connect it all for an arrest.

CVM (Cedar Valley Mugshots), is putting all the child molesters on their site. Whether it's quarterly reviews or a coincidence that they all molested children 0-13 is curious. CF sure is winning though.

jmo

I tend to doubt the timing is a coincidence. What bothers me a bit, tho, is that such means LE perhaps wants people to see these faces, jog memories, call in tips... because maybe they are now forced to go back to the beginning? IOW, I'm less concerned with what LE isn't sharing as what LE doesn't know.

Does anyone here believe that maybe the POI is not a RSO?

I'm embarrassed to say how long I have followed true crime.

I've been dead on from day 1 (Scott P, Susan Smith and many more), dead wrong (never would have guessed Austin Sigg, BTK and a few others), and usually I'm pretty good at a guess of the type who is arrested.

This one is more complicated because of the family lifestyles and entanglements. I really have no idea. But I keep thinking I am going to be surprised.

And I'm sure that the more people get on FB and discuss this guy, the easier it is to jump to conclusions.

The old saying "slow and steady wins the race" certainly applies here. Let LE take their time and do everything by the book. That way, when they do get the right guy, we won't have to hear months down the road that he got off because the police didn't dot every "i" and cross every "t". JMO

And if it turns out that this person is not the perp, an innocent man will not have been dragged through the mud. Yeah, I know he's an RSO but if he didn't have anything to do with this case, he should not be punished in any way for it.

I think there are a lot of coincidences here, an awful lot. But almost every difficult to solve case has at least one red herring (something thought to be evidence that turns out not to be relevant) and at least one really weird but unrelated coincidence.

Does anyone here believe that maybe the POI is not a RSO?

That's always been my theory, but I've kept my mind open to other options.

Regarding CMF, the most compelling point against him in my mind is that his birthday was one day before the girls were abducted. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I know that some criminal behavior is triggered by meaningful dates such as birthdays, holidays, etc.

So while I'm not convinced he is the guy, I certainly wouldn't rule him out at this point.

Maybe he intentionally left his cell phone at whatever location that he claimed to be. In that scenerio, he wouldn't need to turn it off and if LE became suspicious of him and checked his cell phone pings, it would appear that he was where he said he was. For example, perp has an interview with LE for some reason and tells LE that on July 13 between the hours of 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm, he was in Waterloo shopping at the Billionaire-Mart and the adjoining Doghouse Depot and when he finished shopping, he went next door to the Howdy-Doody Bar. When LE checks his cell phone pings, the pings show his cell phone as being right in the area that he claimed. Perp wasn't there, though. Instead, perp went into the Billionaire-Mart around 1:00 pm, put his phone on mute, hid it in a restroom, and then, left to drive to Seven Bridges Park. He returned to Billionaire-Mart to retrieve his phone around 4:00 p.m.

BBM
:beersign:
Okay, I'm in for the Howdy-Doody Bar ....

I just think it's kind of ridiculous that a bunch of Facebookers think they are doing a better job at investigations than the Police.

And if it turns out that this person is not the perp, an innocent man will not have been dragged through the mud. Yeah, I know he's an RSO but if he didn't have anything to do with this case, he should not be punished in any way for it.

I think there are a lot of coincidences here, an awful lot. But almost every difficult to solve case has at least one red herring (something thought to be evidence that turns out not to be relevant) and at least one really weird but unrelated coincidence.

From what I'm reading his family needs to stop commenting too. Out of control facebookers. They aren't helping him at all...

I won't comment anymore on him or the CVM facebook but I'll sure keep a watchful eye for a while.

I do not believe the perp is an RSO, I don't even think the crime was sexually motivated, I'm not quite sure how everyone has suddenly made this leap with exactly zero information released.

That's always been my theory, but I've kept my mind open to other options.

Regarding CMF, the most compelling point against him in my mind is that his birthday was one day before the girls were abducted. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I know that some criminal behavior is triggered by meaningful dates such as birthdays, holidays, etc.

So while I'm not convinced he is the guy, I certainly wouldn't rule him out at this point.

Well, I will agree with your post. And I do believe the date did have some significance. In fact, I have quite a number of such "meaningful" aspects, I just can't post them here.

I just think it's kind of ridiculous that a bunch of Facebookers think they are doing a better job at investigations than the Police.

The same thing has been said of WS and a lot of other true crime blogs/sites. IMO, people need an outlet when they are afraid and frustrated, the fb site is filling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor