Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Seven Bridges Site

After LE finished searching the area/roadsides, but before releasing the scene to the public, would they have brought in search dogs do you think?

Yes.

I have no msm source, just information from a personal friend who handles an HRD trained dog and who was called out last week. So treat this as a rumour.

I have no idea, but I have a vision of a police man in uniform doing a drive thru of the park and not getting out and walking out to the area where the girls were found, unless he had on boots. That's just me. Nothing against LE. :moo:

Hopefully that was only a Florida thing.

Yes.

I have no msm source, just information from a personal friend who handles an HRD trained dog and who was called out last week. So treat this as a rumour.

TY. I had expected to be laughed off the brd for my question.

I hope the rumor that HRD trained dog was brought in before LE released the scene proves true. It had simply come to me that that would be a darn good idea.

Now I'll go back out on the same limb: Does anybody think that SAR dogs would have been brought in, also???

My thoughts now are that, obviously, the perp was alive going into the scene and alive leaving the scene. IMHO, perp would have left his scent on the bodies, girls' clothing(if applicable), the pathways through the grasses/brush, and possibly on any trash he might have tossed out of the vehicle. ???

Is it possible that a SAR dog, being started off at the body sites, could pick up perp's live scent and know to follow it????

What if this person that did this is someone everyone knows? What if there is a meth connection in this case, a big meth connection, and the person that did this knows every detail of buying/selling drugs in the Cedar Valley and beyond, with innerconnections we can't even begin to imagine?

Bottom line is if someone is dead, there is nothing to bring back that person. And to expose this person would be risking everything. Nobody involved is going to turn him in no matter how close they are, or hurt they are. He may be what everyone thought was a nice guy that is hurting, and he did this for whatever reasons. Turning him in would mean the risk of exposing their own drug activity, putting themselves in jail.

If he does get arrested or turns himself in, he is going to talk in order to recieve a plea bargain, and we all know that.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but we need to find a killer that has devastated our community. There may be a lot more going on here than the public is aware of, and if it involves drugs, it could explain a lot.

Bear in mind, even in late fall, with much of the foliage died off, the hunters could have missed their bodies being five feet away. One can assume that in the summer, with the foliage in full swing, even if an officer walked six inches away from them, they could have missed them. The smell might have given it away, but in the height of summer, that might only have applied within the first few days or the first couple weeks, and LE cannot physically search every possible location, especially in a rural area within the first few days or even the first couple weeks. I can't fault LE for not finding them when it was only by chance that they were found when they were.

In this particular case, I would have to agree. I also think that it is a random abduction and there is no connection to meth. I agree that the police did not grasp the situation fast enough to act quickly and treat the bike location as a crime scene, and that they have always been "behind the 8 ball". Locating the children was as random as locating the bikes ... that is, no evidence led to either discovery.

I just want to be clear here:

I am not being critical of the police in this case. I have seen cases in which LE officials looked as confident as TV Detectives in the final act, and cases in which the police seemed as clueless as Inspector Clouseau, and I have learned that how they come across has absolutely no bearing on the job they are doing or the likelihood of the case being solved. That's what I was really saying when I wrote that last night. That is: don't draw conclusions based upon how confident and in control the guy giving the press conferense acts.

My opinion of the police in this case has been that they have moved heaven and a whole lot of earth trying to save these girls. And I believe, based upon what I have seen, that if it is possible to catch the monster who did this, if ANYONE can do it, they will. That's what I believe.

Bear in mind, even in late fall, with much of the foliage died off, the hunters could have missed their bodies being five feet away. One can assume that in the summer, with the foliage in full swing, even if an officer walked six inches away from them, they could have missed them. The smell might have given it away, but in the height of summer, that might only have applied within the first few days or the first couple weeks, and LE cannot physically search every possible location, especially in a rural area within the first few days or even the first couple weeks. I can't fault LE for not finding them when it was only by chance that they were found when they were.

I agree w/everything you said.

BBM - I would like to add that, from my experience, you can catch a strong ordor of decomp while walking through fields over grown with high brush, weeds, and small trees. You can search around and around the areas where scent is strongest and find nothing.

You can happen to be walking through that general area later, and w/out noticing an ordor, accidentally walk right up to a dead deer/cow...

Now, IMO, anybody searching for human remains would, of course, keep looking for source of decomp ordor until they found it!

Heather and Drew are giving a live interview on KwwL, it won't come up for me? Anyone

I agree with Chris_Texas, as much as I wish that wasn't the case. Did anyone follow Celina Cass? LE acted confident, it was assumed there would be an arrest within a week. 1.5 years later there still hasn't been an arrest.

I do think the police have worked hard and followed all leads, but they really might be completely clueless about the perp. I really hope I'm wrong and they have had this under their hat all this time and were just waiting for the bodies to sweep in and make an arrest.

Even in the Jessica Ridgeway case, the police basically had nothing until his mom turned him in. How long would it have taken to solve that one without her help?

Police really do need the public's help in these cases. I really hope they get a tip soon that will help solve this case, these girls need justice.

This poor dad. Watching Drew, I am balling while trying to work. I can't even imagine

I tryed everything. You guys hopefully will update me. Please : )

When asked if they thought the girls knew the person who took them, Drew paused for a second and then said it was likely, but that they really don't know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat