IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here we are... I knew we would be here eventually but it's still very hard seeing "Found Deceased" next to our girls' names. :(

Otto, I recall the same thing about the cousin being Tammy's 11 year old daughter, but can't find anything to confirm that.

Found it ... in the NG transcripts. The cousin that Lyric was with when she was late returning home (4 days prior to abduction) was Tammy's daughter, who was 11 years old. There are several references to that cousin being 14 years old, but that is a mistake.:

BROUSSEAU: I`m so convinced because, like you said, their shoes should have been there. They would have kicked their shoes off. They knew that they should have been home at a certain time. They knew, you know, at this hour, it had been too long. They had been gone from home too long.

Just a week prior to this incident, my 11-year-old and Lyric out in my neighborhood had taken off, and my daughter knows that I only allow her to go a few blocks. We have a popsicle lady out there who hands out popsicles...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

At the 2:00 mark, Misty definitely says K...who I believe is the 14 yr old, was with her when they were late getting back.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/07/17/iowa-girl-went-missing-days-earlier

I always thought that the cousin that was with Lyric that day is the key to solving this crime. Whatever the reason is that they were late and not in the park where they said they would be -- I believe is the same reason for what happened to Lyric and Lizzie. I really hope LE have questioned her and know where they were that day.

Large and close family!

I believe the cousin you're asking about is KB, a girl who was 14 at the time of the incident with Lyric. So far as I know, KB had had no drug arrests, you're thinking of a different cousin.

The cousin with Lyric, when they were late, was 11 years old. Lyric was 10 and Elizabeth was 8. The cousing with the drug arrest was 21 years old at the time of the arrest at the end of July 2012 and the drug she had was a prescription for anxiety - but it was not her prescription. At the time of the arrest, she was driving without a license.

I don't recall, but wouldn't Lyric be in an adult size?

She was 4'11" and the size of her feet would have been proportional to her height. She would not be wearing adult size shoes.

Maybe the fetish part is simply the fact that it is easier to rape a person with a cast because its harder for them to fight back. :moo:

I know a bit about this subject, and the cast fetish, like so many others, is completely harmless.

The definition of a fetish is that it is illogical...it makes no sense to anyone except the one who has it.

Maybe the guy's first crush, his pretty kindergarten teacher, broke her arm and appeared in a cast, and forever more changed his ideal of beauty. He probably doesn't even remember this as an adult and can't understand why he finds any girl in a cast insanely sexy...but he does, so there you have it. One fetish.

The definition of a fetish is it's illogicality, which is the opposite of coldly selecting victims based on a disability making it easier to rape.

That is criminality, with a logical payoff, an entirely different behaviour.

PS> some of the fetishes I've heard of! Absolutely bizarre! Think of the unsexiest scenario possible in your mind, and you can be sure, it's someone elses dreamdate!

:moo:

Well, here we are... I knew we would be here eventually but it's still very hard seeing "Found Deceased" next to our girls' names. :(

As sad as it is, its better that the parents and family can have closure instead of wondering and worrying the rest of their lives. My heart and prayers go out to the families. This has got to be the hardest Christmas they've ever experienced but at least they have the girls home. Prayers for Elizabeth and Lyric!

I cannot remember...was anyone ever named as a POI by LE? Was anyone ever officially cleared? I ask because sometimes, new evidence is brought to light that takes the focus back to someone who was already cleared. I think that was the case with respect to the Green River Killer. He had been in the police files from the very beginning. He had been interviewed and cleared. It wasn't until many years later that they discovered he was the perp.

"Investigators have been closely scrutinizing Dan and Misty Morrissey and have subjected both of them to multiple polygraph tests. At the same time, they say they are not considered suspects in the case and are looking into their backgrounds and associates only so as not to discount any possible leads."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...faces-possible-trial-amid-search-for-cousins/

When you enter the person's name and click on search, it takes you to a page of charges, if there are any. You click on the case number and it comes up. Across the top to the very right, one heading says "Criminal Charges/Disposition - if it is not a criminal charge ie a traffic ticket, go back a few headings and it will say "Filings" - this will show a description of the charges or if it was a civil case, etc. Going to Filings in a criminal case will also give you the history in reverse order of when the crime was committed, any motions filed, things of that nature.

Hope that helps. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain further.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

A huge THANK YOU!!! :):dance:

As sad as it is, its better that the parents and family can have closure instead of wondering and worrying the rest of their lives. My heart and prayers go out to the families. This has got to be the hardest Christmas they've ever experienced but at least they have the girls home. Prayers for Elizabeth and Lyric!

Yes, there is some closure, although the next step will up upon them, finding out who did this, prosecution, etc. We can only hope. The Collins family did not celebrate Thanksgiving, as this was one of Elizabeth's favorite holidays, when her mother would prepare a huge meal. So this year, I believe Heather handed out candy with the girls' picture on it. She didn't prepare a meal. I hope that they can celebrate Christmas for the sake of their other 3 kids. Of course, it will not be the same, but those kids deserve a Christmas for all they've gone through.

This is sad, Elizabeth and Lyric were cousins, friends, kidnapped and died together. It would be so nice if everything could be for both of them.
There must be allot of blame or tension between the sisters now. :(

I, too, had hoped everything would be for both our little girls... if only as a kindness to the remarkable, loving community which has rallied in support since day one... giving time, effort, money, and devotion to the cause of bringing little Lyric and Lizzie back home where they belong.

I know I'm poorly expressing this. What I'm trying to say is, due to all the above, I didn't want to see this community have to go through double events.

What confuses me is, Heather and Dan actually raised Lyric for a good chunk of time.

I would consider my niece as my daughter...in fact I pretty much do.

I would wish them to be together even in remembrance.

Lyric was raised by the entire family, it seems strange that she is excluded from the celebration...to me, anyway.

I actually understand the desire of Heather and Drew to hold a celebration of LIFE for Lizzie only. She will forever be linked with Lyric in death. They will always be known as "the cousins who went missing" or the "cousins who were murdered"....etc...Maybe just this one last time, she wants to pay tribute to her daughter, as an individual. And I think she is right to do it. No matter how special Lyric was to Heather...Lizzie was her daughter.

Found it ... in the NG transcripts. The cousin that Lyric was with when she was late returning home (4 days prior to abduction) was Tammy's daughter, who was 11 years old. There are several references to that cousin being 14 years old, but that is a mistake.:

BROUSSEAU: I`m so convinced because, like you said, their shoes should have been there. They would have kicked their shoes off. They knew that they should have been home at a certain time. They knew, you know, at this hour, it had been too long. They had been gone from home too long.

Just a week prior to this incident, my 11-year-old and Lyric out in my neighborhood had taken off, and my daughter knows that I only allow her to go a few blocks. We have a popsicle lady out there who hands out popsicles...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

Was the "popsicle lady" the one in Greenbrier addition? I know one woman there that has been handing out popsicles to children for over 30 years.. and also lives only 2 blocks from the child molester living on Golden Valley (the one I was wondering was friends with Chad) . They could have easily passed him/them on their bikes to get to her house. How many "popsicle ladies" could there be in that area anyway?

I actually understand the desire of Heather and Drew to hold a celebration of LIFE for Lizzie only. She will forever be linked with Lyric in death. They will always be known as "the cousins who went missing" or the "cousins who were murdered"....etc...Maybe just this one last time, she wants to pay tribute to her daughter, as an individual. And I think she is right to do it. No matter how special Lyric was to Heather...Lizzie was her daughter.

My thoughts exactly. But it would be nice if this were for both girls, and they had a private ceremony for each, separately. But its completely their decision.

I am pretty new here, but can't believe it that the bodies found in Iowa were theirs. I am so saddened and was hoping it was a different outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member