IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the time Lyric and Elizabeth have been missing, they were in the news often, there were vigils, fundraisers, etc. The killer had to have seen that these girls were people, not objects, IMO.

Someone capable of abducting and killing Lyric and Lizzie probably doesn't have the ability to be filled with guilt - if so, I doubt he would have remained silent for five months. JMO.

But I sure hope I'm wrong . . .

He might confess after being arrested, if it benefits him to do so.

Hopefully he/they will feel guilty, but they may just feel oddly proud of the sense of power they have over the family, the community and LE.
They may even find it hard to resist bragging about it to someone, somewhere, sometime...

God is the one who instituted the Death Penalty (Genesis 9:6) and He has never withdrawn it.

The way I feel about it is not PC at all. I would like to see the perp suffer EXACTLY what the victim suffered, meet the exact same fate they dished out.

I'm not sorry to feel this way and make no apologies for it. Kill them. But first torture them if that is what they did to the girls. Then they stay out in the open for 5 months.

The way I feel about it is not PC at all. I would like to see the perp suffer EXACTLY what the victim suffered, meet the exact same fate they dished out.

I'm not sorry to feel this way and make no apologies for it. Kill them. But first torture them if that is what they did to the girls. Then they stay out in the open for 5 months.

Well, that is certainly one interpretation of an eye for an eye!

I watched the Elizabeth memorial/party. It was very touching. I can't help but think that FBI wanted this memorial to happen.

#1. Get the killer there.

#2. Fill him with guilt and maybe he will confess.

#3. If he sees that Elizabeth was a person and not an object, he will confess.

Do you have any plans to photograph the area in 7 Bridges Park?

I think most people are very far removed from the scum and evil of society. Unless, you work with them in prison or on the outside, some will be preaching love for life and try to understand them. What you hear on the news, regarding the crime, is generally the tip of the iceberg. Most of had many many arrests and warning signs of what was to come.

In this very liberal country, the defense attorneys will rigorously defend them and take the chance a soft hearted jury will release them. It happens.

I have seen the files of many many perps. It ain't pretty. The evil that exists in this society is growing. When you look evil in the eye, your opinion will change regarding the DP. The public doesn't ever hear the full story but it is in the files and it would shake you to the ground if most knew what some have done to babies and children. Think the Petit Killers! .... And there is worse.

California is such a bleeding heart state and most never know what the perps have done who are sitting on death row. You just hear about the celebrity cases. They are usually the mildest as far as the murder goes. There is evil and if people really knew what many perps really do to their victims, I'm pretty sure they may change their minds on the DP. There are many NOT on death row that should be. Correctional Officers in the Third Level and above prisons have a very dangerous job.

We have over 700 death row inmates. People say it is barbaric to give them a needle. Good grief! How silly is that reasoning? If the people who were against DP were left for a day with the little darlings on the tier, read the files, they may whistle a different tune about the DP!

:cheers:
The sky is pink and purple EVERYWHERE tonight! This pic is from PA. My husband is in CA and he says the sky is pink and purple there too.

:welcome:

Ella82

We're glad you're here!!

:rollercoaster: :thewave:

The problem is that when you take away someone's freedom, restrict their personal relationships and remove the vast majority of their personal possessions, you've just created someone who has nothing to lose.

People who have nothing to lose are incredibly dangerous. They will try anything because, really, what have they got to lose?

Grainne, I couldn't have said it better myself. My spouse and I have both said from the very beginning that there is only one person (in our opinion) that has nothing to lose and is the only one who has anything to gain (at least in that person's sick, twisted mind, they have "something" to gain). For example, things being rescheduled, postponed, etc. Maybe if individuals who are already quite sure they are going to prison weren't still out on the streets amongst the public, that other(s) may then feel safe to possibly tell what they may know.
I do feel strongly that there are others (at LEAST ONE other person) who also knows exactly who committed this crime; however, they do not feel safe to express their thoughts/opinions/gut feelings, etc. for fear of putting themselves and/or their family members (and possibly friends, neighbors, colleagues, etc) lives in jeopardy. After all, there is someone out there who murdered two children and is still walking amongst us, when in all actuality, as far as I'm concerned should not have even been out on the streets as this wasn't their first rodeo and as their life progresses, it seems the nature of his/her crimes/charges worsens as it goes on. And if and when LE has enough "evidence" to charge someone(s) with this crime, I sure hope and pray they don't continue to delay the process.

I always say - why be nervous if you have nothing to hide?

Thanks also to Marilyn and all others who have answered questions and been so supportive on here for those of us still learning our way around.

I always say - why be nervous if you have nothing to hide?

Thanks also to Marilyn and all others who have answered questions and been so supportive on here for those of us still learning our way around.

~respectfully snipped for space...

I'm in big trouble if I were to EVER be questioned about ANYTHING!

If the is even a police car driving behind me in traffic I PANIC shake and sweat and want to cry!
I have only gotten 2 tickets in my life and not to brag but...
obey traffic rules etc!

God Forbid I were put in an interrogation room!

Then again... I guess police can tell the difference???

If I am guilty of nothing...
When I am being pulled over... I stop to see why???
(stupidity!!! both times expired tag on July 3rd
and crossing a solid white line)
I don't start a 100 mile an hour car chase through
small neighborhoods!

I must have been threatened that if I didn't behave
the policeman would "get me" when I was young! lol

seriously only dentists scare me more!

*************any way...
you are right

Hi, If the parents of Elizabeth do not wish to know how she died,
would the Autopsy be sealed until there is a trial?
When the person is found first.
Or will they release the autopsy anyway?
I understand the family may not want to know.
Only there could be clues in Cause of death
to help find a killer.

Amandareckonwith, thank you so much for all you do. Not just this case, but all the others you keep archived.

Such testing is already being done. There's several projects, for instance, that use single scan brain scans to check prisoners' brains for abnormalities.

I think that judging whether experimentation on any population, not just prison inmates, has to be done on a case by case basis. It's pretty easy to say that single scan brain scans are ethical because they are relatively noninvasive: the subject lies on a cot with their head surrounded by this big machine, they are given instructions to look at pictures or to think of certain things, then there's a loud clanking noise and it's done.

Doing surgery is clearly extremely invasive; I believe the anticipated benefits would have to be high and the potential side effects low before such an experiment could be called ethical.

And in between are a whole bunch of tests and potential treatments.

Truthfully, I would rather see the time, effort and money put into programs like this used for more productive things. There are children suffering from disease in this country or are in homeless shelters with their families and teens who are prostituting themselves because they are 'throwaway kids'...help them, not the criminals. There are homeless veterans in their 20s and 30s returning from the Middle East who are homeless; do something to help them, as well, not criminals. IMHO

I believe that child molesters who murder a child during the commission of their crime should get the Death Penalty, not 20 years later, but soon after their crime. IMHO

I agree with mental illness awareness, correcting laws & no 20 years plus on the death penalty to be executed. Death isn't an easy subject to some. Eye for an eye. If it were mine, well, hands down.

I just read this, it's the Chicago Tribrune. Take it for what it's worth. I hope this isn't a normal day but do read the news there on twitter. smh. smh.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...cember-14-december-15-20121214,0,912168.story

This has been an emotionally hard time to absorb. My middle gd came over and she asked a lot of questions as the school alerted them. We are in the SW, far away, it's a wake up. Mental illness observance, maybe responsibilities added to the doctors or something to advise the families & tougher laws. No more In and Out.

jmo

eta, her and I went through the shooting in Tucson together. She's 15. We also debate who should be president and who shouldn't have. lol

I think most people are very far removed from the scum and evil of society. Unless, you work with them in prison or on the outside, some will be preaching love for life and try to understand them. What you hear on the news, regarding the crime, is generally the tip of the iceberg. Most of had many many arrests and warning signs of what was to come.

In this very liberal country, the defense attorneys will rigorously defend them and take the chance a soft hearted jury will release them. It happens.

I have seen the files of many many perps. It ain't pretty. The evil that exists in this society is growing. When you look evil in the eye, your opinion will change regarding the DP. The public doesn't ever hear the full story but it is in the files and it would shake you to the ground if most knew what some have done to babies and children. Think the Petit Killers! .... And there is worse.

California is such a bleeding heart state and most never know what the perps have done who are sitting on death row. You just hear about the celebrity cases. They are usually the mildest as far as the murder goes. There is evil and if people really knew what many perps really do to their victims, I'm pretty sure they may change their minds on the DP. There are many NOT on death row that should be. Correctional Officers in the Third Level and above prisons have a very dangerous job.

We have over 700 death row inmates. People say it is barbaric to give them a needle. Good grief! How silly is that reasoning? If the people who were against DP were left for a day with the little darlings on the tier, read the files, they may whistle a different tune about the DP!

You are absolutely correct about everything you said Whisperers! The public doesn't have the slightest idea of what these people are really like and what they are capable of doing. We just had a 63 year old Correctional Officer here murdered by two convicts trying to escape. It happened to by RJ's 63rd birthday that day. They beat him with a pipe and wrapped shirk wrap around his face to to suffocate him and then they put on his clothes. Luckily they didn't succeed in escaping. They were brought down climbing the gate. The majority of the inmates here loved RJ and were extremely upset over what had happened. I believe 2 of the 3 were sentenced to death, one of which has already been executed and before he was executed he stated publicly that he deserved it because if he wasn't executed he'd kill again and he'd kill anyone who got in his way as he put it. As you and I have talked, working in the prison is extremely dangerous. I still remember my son telling me that an old guy up there had told him he'd get him and one night when my son did a shake down of that guy's cell he found piano wire and the guy looked at my son and told him that was meant for him. The guy wasn't joking and to this day we don't know how this inmate had gotten his hands on piano wire. I'm just grateful my son is a Deputy now and no longer working at the prison. And you are absolutely right, if people were able to read these inmates' case files they'd think twice about the DP.

So much sadness, so many innocent children are gone.

Here's an article about our two girls:

Chief Smock told KWWL sex offender teams from the state Division of Criminal Investigation are helping interview people of interest, but he says no one has been detained and those interviewed are not any closer to being suspects than anyone else.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20351247/...chief-squashes-rumors-of-arrest-in-girls-case

BBM

I wonder if they are re-interviewing RSO's, or if someone new is on their radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling