IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention, that LE indicated it would have been very easy for the hunters to have missed them altogether, which would be unlikely if they had been...attached to trees.

Oh, my initial speculation was because I thought the perp was the one who cut down the trees, see. To hide evidence of the entire crime. I wasn't thinking they'd still be chained, although certainly that's how some victims are found.

BTW, about all the pig stuff: ROFL! One of my favorite foods ever is wild boar, so if y'all see any, send them my way :D Four words: White Wild Boar Chile! Yum.

I am amazed at the close to the vest, no leaks and no info yet.
Usually we get tidbits to work with.
JMOO, LE knows or has a good idea on COD & TOD and when the bodies were dumped by now.
So they have reasons for keeping things so quiet.
They are not asking for publics help at all.
Any ideas???

Very interesting show on history2 right now regarding decomp and the body farm in TN featuring Dr. Vass.

Those who followed the Anthony trial may remember him. Not for those with week tummies.

ETA show is Modern Marvels and was subtitled "corpse tech". Also gave info on autopsy practices.

Is that river deep enough to walk through while carrying something fairly heavy? If so the perp may have entered the water quite a ways downstream and carried the bodies, this way to leave no tracks or hints as to a point of entry or exit.

Let me clarify, if the water was more than waist deep a 145 pound or so body would be MUCH lighter to carry that far.

Very interesting show on history2 right now regarding decomp and the body farm in TN featuring Dr. Vass.

Those who followed the Anthony trial may remember him. Not for those with week tummies.

TY, tlcox..
For those that don't have access to the history channel:

The Body Farm & Beyond - YouTube
Noted forensic anthropologist and author, Dr. Bill Bass, takes us on a tour of the world-famous Body Farm in Knoxville, TN.

I truely admire someone like Dr. Bill Bass and the body farm scientists.
Anyone who helps put criminals behind bars.
And special thanks to the brave souls that donate their bodies for science.
Medical schools need cadavers also.

BBM.
Perhaps, he wanted to be close to the water in order to wash any evidence off of the girls' bodies (and off of himself).

I haven't been able to follow much since the finding of the bodies due to long work hours lately so I am sorry if this has been discussed but I wondered if perhaps the bodies were brought in by canoe or kayak??? is that river in the area deep enough to support that? It doesn't take much water for either one? Just a thought since I read it would have been difficult to walk in???

I added a couple of addresses to the map I made last night. Info is mostly from the Iowa Sex Offender Registry and Hollye's map.

a) Readlyn is where CMF was convicted on charges related to kidnapping a young girl

b) Greenbrier area, which doesn't seem to be very close to any other data point.

c) An address CMF is associated with (http://www.iowasexoffender.com/locations/16095/?lastname=FITZ&firstname=CHAD&type=simple#Locations)

d) Wylma Cook's house (grandmother)

e) CMF's current address according to http://www.iowasexoffender.com/locations/16095/?lastname=FITZ&firstname=CHAD&type=simple#Locations

f) a different website listed this as one of CMF's addresses, but I don't remember where it came from. Anybody?

g) Another address associated with CMF (from http://www.iowasexoffender.com/locations/16095/?lastname=FITZ&firstname=CHAD&type=simple#Locations)

h) Lake and Gilbert Ave -- Lawn Watering Man's location

i) Meyers Lake (general area)

j) Shoes found -- one of several entries for shoes or sandals

k) Seven Bridges County Park

I just got back from taking my inconsiderate BF to the ER due to back problems. And he KNEW I was busy on WS!!

Anyway, here's something you may or may not want to include on the map. CMF works for Tyson Foods in Waterloo. I found this in the public records where payment of $30 per month is taken out of his paycheck for fines/restitution, and the info was current as of 9/2012.

Here is the address I found: 501 N Elk Run Rd, Waterloo, IA, 50703-9471

And to appease our wonderful mods, here is a link to the public record:

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

ETA: At the top of the page there are several options, if you click on "Filings" you'll find this info.

I don't think that area was remote enough for him to chain the girls to the trees. JMO

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Whats-Next-in-Missing-Girls-Investigation-182603861.html
(snipped)BBM

What's Next in Missing Girls Investigation?

“... but Martin said finding DNA evidence of the killer will be tough in this wooded swampy area." :waitasec:
huh? looks like grassy, sandy, it has been a drought! hmmmm

The person speaking was not at the actual scene, from what I can tell, so perhaps he just saw a photo and thought it was swampy.

I just got back from taking my inconsiderate BF to the ER due to back problems. And he KNEW I was busy on WS!!

Anyway, here's something you may or may not want to include on the map. CMF works for Tyson Foods in Waterloo. I found this in the public records where payment of $30 per month is taken out of his paycheck for fines/restitution, and the info was current as of 9/2012.

Here is the address I found: 501 N Elk Run Rd, Waterloo, IA, 50703-9471

And to appease our wonderful mods, here is a link to the public record:

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

ETA: At the top of the page there are several options, if you click on "Filings" you'll find this info.

That address is L on the map.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...01+N+Elk+Run+Rd,+Waterloo,+IA&mra=ls&t=m&z=11

cluciano63, guess due to the silence in this & many other investigations; hold back info/evidence. We all have different visions & theories of how the bodies were disposed/hidden. Normally when shallow graves are used or the bodies are left on the ground. The perp will attempt to camouflage or conceal them with limbs & brush, etc.

Somewhere I read that "there was no attempt to conceal the bodies", and i believe that was from the hunters. That they were out in the open on the ground.

He was initially charged with kidnapping, but apparently plea-bargained down. I suppose it could be two different incidents, but I don't think so. I summarized it as "charges related to kidnapping," but maybe I could have phrased it better.

I think "charges related to kidnapping" is appropriate. I believe the other sex-related charges came later, and the kidnapping was either dismissed or, as you said, there was a plea bargain. JMO

Somewhere I read that "there was no attempt to conceal the bodies", and i believe that was from the hunters. That they were out in the open on the ground.

Link? Sorry, but that is important info and if it appeared in MSM I definitely overlooked it. Thanks.

WOW! First time I'm hearing about the guy found under a bridge. SUPER CREEPY as wasn't it the Craigslist poster (?) who had initially said something about checking bridges for the girls??

Could be a connection.

Or it could be that bridges are a common icon or theme in western literature and art. Sometimes to the point of being cliches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole