IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Years Everybody! I'm calling it a night...I have to work today! My son said that this is the first time his county has gone through a New Years Eve without DUI/DWI or an accident. I talked to him just before midnight and he had pulled a vehicle over where the driver was going 32 miles an hour in a 65 mile an hour zone..the driver turned out to be a 85 year old taking his wife home and being cautious driving on icy roads so it looks like people are being smarter and not driving intoxicated.

Thank you! A bit of good news for the new year!

The FBI have been helping since the beginning.

And on that note, that shows me that the local LE knew it was more than just a couple of missing girls who wandered off, or drown in the lake.

I actually believe there were probably at least a dozen witnesses that talked to LE about possible sightings of the girls on their bikes that day. We just don't know about them. And that could be for various reasons. IMO, the police are not going to publicly confirm all sightings and they certainly aren't going to tell us every time they receive a tip or lead. They will hold back more info than they will announce to the public. I think that at this point, LE has their suspicions. But without proof, or something more concrete, they will remain silent. They don't want to play their hand and perhaps scare the perp(s) off. I think they want the perp to feel somewhat relaxed because that is when they make a mistake. Over-confidence has been the Achilles heel of many criminals. My friend, and LEO tells me that there is a balance to the info LE releases. LE wants to announce enough to illicit help from John Q Public because it is almost always needed, but they can't announce anything that would give away facts only the killer would know. He also says that, to be sure, the perp is VERY interested in any and all things reported pertaining to this case. It is not uncommon for the police to announce things that aren't exactly true. For example..."we have no leads." Number one priority is finding the perp, while simultaneously working to make sure there isn't a repeat.

My guess is that LE is tailing a few people right now and working from an "unofficial" profile.

The cyclist is the registered owner of two properties in the area. One in Waterloo, which I believe one of his daughters live in and his primary residence which is south of Myers Lake. If he was headed home, he most likely would have taken the trail and may not have been on any of the streets mentioned.

Interesting - I didn't know of that housing addition until I looked him up. Pretty well hidden. NOT that I'm accusing him of anything! But yes, very accessible by the bike trail.

The only bad thing is, at that early stage, what would lead police to believe 7 Bridges was the dump site? And could that have changed between now and then?

I don't know. Just too many questions and no answers. I think opinions could have changed from that early stage though.

I don't know. Just too many questions and no answers. I think opinions could have changed from that early stage though.

I agree. But suppose the girls were wrapped in something that they may have felt a perp wasn't likely to have handy in their vehicle. I'm not saying they were wrapped in anything, because we just don't know. We know nothing about how the girls placed, other than the approximate distance between them. We THINK they were likely skeletonized, but I don't believe LE ever confirmed that publicly.

My best guess at this point, with what little we know, is a sex offender. If Drew Collins believes that, it's good enough for me to go on at this point. Especially reading the comments of RSO family members on CVM that LE had already been around to question the RSO.

Maybe they are keeping this tidbit under wraps because only the killer would know they stopped there...

The rumor is not under wraps. If there was any truth to the rumor, why is it excluded from the times and sightings reported by police.

Once 7-Bridges was associated with murder, it probably became less popular. Personally, I believe the landscape/terrain is beautiful, but to a perp I'm sure they view it completely differently than I. As a non-local, I was and still am very appreciative of our local posters' perspectives of the area.

I think that the popularity of the 7 Bridges park ended when the 270 Street bridge collapsed. Prior to that, it was a popular park with organized children's programs and activites.

I feel bad for TG too. I don't/have not ever suspected him. He seemed too sure of what he saw and seemed very forthcoming to me from the beginning.

I don't think TG is guilty of anything except being incorrect about the place/time he swerved to avoid two bikes on the trail. JMO

The girls were seen on the auction house surveillance video at 12:19, and Abben said they have information that the girls were seen around 12:23 on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 on Gilbert Drive near Meyers Lake.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-missing-2-months-authorities-plead-for-help/

TG told a reporter for a local paper that he saw the two bikes on the trail at about 12:20 on July 13th, but there was no sign of the girls.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

If the girls were seen at 12:19 on surveillance video, and at 12:23 on Brovan, how could they bike to Meyers lake, leave their bikes on the trail, and be nowhere in sight when TG came by at 12:20? Even if those times are off by a minute or two in either direction, I don't think it is possible that TG saw Lyric and Lizzie's bikes at that place, at that time, on that day. JMO.

There was someone who tried to abduct a 10 year old in Rochester, MN. PD had released an artist sketch of the suspect. I believe Rochester is two hours north.

I'm so bad with geography that I never realized before this how close the girls are/were to Minnesota. I'm over 4 hours from there, but that's still not so far. They're almost the same distance as what I drive to visit my older son. Maybe I should have tried to join in some of the searches. I couldn't physically go out, but could have helped with things at the command post or something.

My best guess at this point, with what little we know, is a sex offender. If Drew Collins believes that, it's good enough for me to go on at this point. Especially reading the comments of RSO family members on CVM that LE had already been around to question the RSO.

RSBM RSOs should have been questioned long before the bodies were found. They are typically investigated and cleared alongside the family in these cases.

The rumor is not under wraps. If there was any truth to the rumor, why is it excluded from the times and sightings reported by police.

Because maybe there were details in that conversation that gave them clues? I don't know. I do know that the poster on FB stated that LE specifically asked them NOT to speak to any reporters about the questions LE asked or disclose their conversation details. LE asked that they only state that the girls had stopped and asked for directions.

This mother said she wouldn't give any details about the questions her son was asked but could confirm that they were indeed questioned not once but twice to confirm the details of what the girls asked and what directions the people on break gave them to get to the lake.

My guess is that IF the girls followed exactly the directions given to them the police know where the girls were and when. What is released to the public is to nail down a possible exact time of a sighting somewhere along the way.

I strongly believe that there are pieces LE is intentionally leaving out...whether or not it will land them an arrest is a different story.:banghead:

It's nice to see the community hasn't just moved on and forgotten about the girls and this case. The CVM facebook page still keeps up with the story which is good!

Only the killer - and anyone on Facebook!:what:

Well I think the details of the time, or the directions given to the girls etc. is what I meant. Obviously there are people in the town who KNOW who has been questioned, or other sightings that MSM or LE isn't disclosing but the people in town KNOW because locals talk.

I wish I had more answers...but if that were the case the killer/killers would be behind bars.:jail:

We know RSOs in the evansdale area were looked at but I wish I knew if RSOs in waterloo were as well. I still wonder if the root of this whole thing dont lead back to waterloo and someone already somehow familiar with Lyric in a pasing way.

Because maybe there were details in that conversation that gave them clues? I don't know. I do know that the poster on FB stated that LE specifically asked them NOT to speak to any reporters about the questions LE asked or disclose their conversation details. LE asked that they only state that the girls had stopped and asked for directions.

This mother said she wouldn't give any details about the questions her son was asked but could confirm that they were indeed questioned not once but twice to confirm the details of what the girls asked and what directions the people on break gave them to get to the lake.

My guess is that IF the girls followed exactly the directions given to them the police know where the girls were and when. What is released to the public is to nail down a possible exact time of a sighting somewhere along the way.

I strongly believe that there are pieces LE is intentionally leaving out...whether or not it will land them an arrest is a different story.:banghead:

These people were instructed by police to not discuss their statements with media, so they went on social media and discussed it?

It's nice to see the community hasn't just moved on and forgotten about the girls and this case. The CVM facebook page still keeps up with the story which is good!

I agree. I have been a fascinated follower of the CVM simply for the plethora of information provided regarding the ciminal element in the area. Particularly the SOs.

The tier three offender in waterloo with the initials RLJ for example. Lascivious acts with child 0 to 13, weapon used, knife

*shudder*

So many predators, its a wonder any of us keep our children safe with a pedo practically hiding under eery rock in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd