IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the statements of Lyric liking wrestling mean that she liked to WATCH IT on TV or went to WWE matches for entertainment? For instance, my husband "loves football", but it absolutely does not mean he plays it!

I think it means that she liked to 'rough house' or be a bit boisterous.

Am I mistaken, or did Wylma drive around by herself looking (for an hour?) when she thought the girls were overdue? How does that fit in? Anyone have a possible timeline for who did what and when?

Check out our posts from yesterday. We've been kicking this around trying to figure out a timeline. I'm still confused!

Check out our posts from yesterday. We've been kicking this around trying to figure out a timeline. I'm still confused!

I have read the transcripts and interviews multiple times. I have found that the timelines all seemed to make sense for everyone in the family until the cctv came into play. That is when everything changed and became unclear.

I think it means that she liked to 'rough house' or be a bit boisterous.

Me too, it never occurred to me that Dan and Misty meant Lyric actually liked to wrestle in the traditional sense.

But chelsea6 has a theory which might involve wrestling, or watching neighborhood kids wrestle, so the comment "clicked" with her differently than it did with me.

Do we actually know how much time the kids spent with relatives in Evansdale? I've never heard or read how much time they spent there. I've never heard it mentioned that Lyric's brother was ever in Evansdale although I'm sure he was at times. Lyric lived in Waterloo and went to school in Waterloo. She had been going to Heather's house with Wylma for only five days (the week of the abduction) because that was when Misty started her job at Casey's.

I'm catching up with the overnight threads, so pardon me if this has been answered already.

Lyric lived with in Evansdale with the Collins family while Misty was in prison, IIRC. After Misty got out, she and Lyric began living with Wylma in Waterloo.

As to Dillin, Lyric's only sibling, I'm not sure what his situation was. I thought I'd read that Wylma had temporary custody of Dillin and Lyric, but that might be conjecture and not fact. I'm not sure where Dillin lives, but I think he and Dan were living with Dan's mother in Waterloo when the girls disappeared.

IMO, while this was Lizzie's neighborhood, Lyric had lived there and visited there often enough to be familiar with it.

Hello everyone! I've been following the posts here for quite some time and I just decided to join here recently. This is my first post on this sight. I'd like to be a more frequent poster to ask questions and to put all our thoughts together so maybe we as a group could figure out what happened to these two girls. However from what I've read in other posts, that is unable to be done here as we're not able to talk about so many different things it appears.

I see TG joined and was verified and his daughter I think, but I don't see only but 2 or 3 posts from him? was he able to provide any helpful insight?

Are there any other forums like this where you can follow and/or discuss things that don't have so many limitations?

Since we can't talk about the things that I've mentioned, what's the weather like in Australia, Sapphire, it's 16 degrees Fahrenheit here!

BBM

There are other forums where there are less limitations, but I have never joined them. I've "lurked" before on one of those sights and came away feeling glad I'm here on WS. JMO

I'm catching up with the overnight threads, so pardon me if this has been answered already.

Lyric lived with in Evansdale with the Collins family while Misty was in prison, IIRC. After Misty got out, she and Lyric began living with Wylma in Waterloo.

As to Dillin, Lyric's only sibling, I'm not sure what his situation was. I thought I'd read that Wylma had temporary custody of Dillin and Lyric, but that might be conjecture and not fact. I'm not sure where Dillin lives, but I think he and Dan were living with Dan's mother in Waterloo when the girls disappeared.

IMO, while this was Lizzie's neighborhood, Lyric had lived there and visited there often enough to be familiar with it.

Lyric went to live with Wylma after Heather developed her heart problem. Also, I do not think Lyric had just been going over to the Collins' since Misty started working. Wylma was going over to the Collins' daily to help with the house and younger children. Lyric had been going with her if not in school. I don't know what the arrangements were after Misty was released in Jan? until she started her job, but seems she was taking Lyric over to the GY lake in Waterloo to meet up with Tammy and her daughter almost everyday since Lyric got out of school. jmo

was there ever two people fishing that came forward

Not that we know of. Tammy said she saw a boy fishing, but police have never acknowledged him.

Did you see anyone fishing?

Did you see a paddle boat?

Thanks again so much for joining us!

Lyric went to live with Wylma after Heather developed her heart problem. Also, I do not think Lyric had just been going over to the Collins' since Misty started working. Wylma was going over to the Collins' daily to help with the house and younger children. Lyric had been going with her if not in school. I don't know what the arrangements were after Misty was released in Jan? until she started her job, but seems she was taking Lyric over to the GY lake in Waterloo to meet up with Tammy and her daughter almost everyday since Lyric got out of school. jmo

I think Misty was actually released May 30. She had only been out 6 weeks when Lyric went missing.

Not that we know of. Tammy said she saw a boy fishing, but police have never acknowledged him.

Did you see anyone fishing?

Did you see a paddle boat?

Thanks again so much for joining us!

did see two people fishing on nw corner of the lake no paddleboat

did see two people fishing on nw corner of the lake no paddleboat

I'd be interested to hear your theory of who did this. Do you think it was a sex crime? Serial killer? Drug related retribution? Family?

Thanks!

i have had many but the more i read on here the more i get so. i had one about the car and the two fisherman, but doing some checking first

Didn't Lyric live with Wylma while Misty was in jail?

http://www.facebook.com/events/396656427033250/

" Impact Pro Wrestling: Waterloo, Iowa. Friday, July 13, 2012!

Friday, July 13, 2012.
7:00pm in CDT.

Impact Pro Wrestling will be having a pro wrestling show at the Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center in conjunction with the annual George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame Induction weekend in downtown Waterloo, Iowa on Friday, July 13th, 2012!

The Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center is located at 200 W. 4th St. in Waterloo, Iowa 50701."

Didn't Lyric live with Wylma while Misty was in jail?

Lyric stayed with Heather and Drew when Misty first went to jail. Then Heather had severe health issues so Lyric went to live with Grandma in Waterloo. I do remember reading an article about Heathers survival being a miracle but I do not remember the date and can not link to it and I do not remember how long Misty was in jail.

I think Misty was actually released May 30. She had only been out 6 weeks when Lyric went missing.

And...IIRC, per Misty, she iterated something about spending days at George Wyth lake/beach with Lyric during the weeks following her release in May. It sounded as though they did a lot of swimming/ fun, etc.

When she started her job in July, Wylma began taking Lyric over to Heather's house to help out/ clean...and had only been doing so for a handful of days before Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared.

To me this means the girls normally had the freedom to be riding bikes til whenever. But not that day because the girls knew Wylma had plans and was leaving soon. IMO

I know it has been debated time and time again but I feel if Wylma did not give the girls that much freedom then she would have been more worried/upset/angry. It all sounds so nonchalant. No big deal that the girls haven't come home yet and that I (Wylma) have searched everywhere for them. You take over so I can go do my thing (whatever that may have been). It feels like the girls or just one of them had done this before. So often that Wylma didn't get bent out of shape about it anymore. IMO

Thinking in the context of my own 12 year old daughter, time doesn't mean a whole lot to her, especially if a clock is not in front of her face. If she were outside with her friends, and I said to be home in 15 minutes, she would still be outside until I called her. Ive had to go find her many times, and of course would entirely identify with Wylmas anger. Also, it would not have occurred to me that she would have been abducted, because that just doesn't happen around here, ESPECIALLY IF THE TWO GIRLS WERE TOGETHER. My first thought would have been that they met with some other friends and lost track of time. And that kind of bothers me. The first places I would have checked would have been friends houses, and there is no mention of this happening at all by Wylma or any other family members. And that's my #1 theory on what happened to the girls - they stopped at a friend or neighors house and were abducted from there.

From info ive heard from a friend of the family Dillin did live with Heather and Drew for at least a short time. I don't know when or for how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay