IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here it is:

MISTY COOK-MORRISSEY, MOTHER OF 10-YEAR-OLD LYRIC COOK: From my understanding, they do not know that area. Maybe Elizabeth and some friends had ridden down there at one time.

BROUSSEAU: One time.

COOK-MORRISEY: But no, it's not an area that they frequented. They didn't go far from home, either of the girls. They mainly stayed around the Evansdale area that my sister lives in, so it's just not kind of like them to go that far.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/cnr.03.html

I thought I'd seen a more detailed comment from Tammy, but so far I haven't found it.

Thanks so much for yôur efforts Marilyn,.

ETA. So it sounds as if Misty is speculating on a way her niece MIGHT have been to the lake IF she she had perhaps ridden there once with friends.

Misty's comment, combined with statements made by Wylma and Heather about the girls being not in the habit of straying far from home and the Fareway rumor all make me more confident than ever that Elizabeth was not a frequent visitor to the lake, the bike trail or the skate park.

How on earth did these darlings and/or their bikes end up there on THIS day?

This bit of information is key. If we can ever answer this question I sincerely think it will lead directly to killer's identity

Tammy DID say that. I remember the interview.

Again not doubting the veracity of anyone's recall, but I had missed that or disrembered it. Without being able to hear or read exactly what aunt Tammy said (and boy did she say a lot) and without knowing the exact question that comment was in response to I am left to wonder.

Did Elizabeth visit the lake with friends? Did they bike there? Did they do so from Elizabeth's house or the friends? Where did the friends live? How often did this ocur? What route was taken if from friends home to lake.

I just do not see Elizabeth at 8 Prompting an impromtu visit to that area when it is so far from home and there was a time constraint.

I'm on a link quest, because IIRC Tammy did say Lizzie had biked to the lake with some neighbor girls. I've been looking for half an hour, no luck yet but I'll keep searching.

That's what I recall as well ... that, once or twice, Elizabeth biked to the lake with two friends that live in her neighborhood, not that she rode her bike alone to the lake to visit two friends.

Okay, here it is:

MISTY COOK-MORRISSEY, MOTHER OF 10-YEAR-OLD LYRIC COOK: From my understanding, they do not know that area. Maybe Elizabeth and some friends had ridden down there at one time.

BROUSSEAU: One time.

COOK-MORRISEY: But no, it's not an area that they frequented. They didn't go far from home, either of the girls. They mainly stayed around the Evansdale area that my sister lives in, so it's just not kind of like them to go that far.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/cnr.03.html

I thought I'd seen a more detailed comment from Tammy, but so far I haven't found it.

Thank you for taking the time to look for the link and clarify that, according to the family, Elizabeth did not ride to the lake to visit friends, but that she may have she ridden her bike to the lake with some friends one time.

That's what I recall as well ... that, once or twice, Elizabeth biked to the lake with two friends that live in her neighborhood, not that she rode her bike alone to the lake to visit two friends.

My recollection of posts here at WS as well. Behind my posts is this
thinking: kids learn and do as their parents model. If the parents take
chances that to some degree will determine the extent of chances kids
are likely to take, and feel comfortable going in. Its partly in a person's
genes.

As a parent I always downplayed the risks I knew (and later confirmed)
my kids were probably taking - it balanced out however - there was a
whole list of things my kids were NOT doing, thank God. As parents today
my children are setting the same example.

As much as we care about these two girls and their families, we still must be realistic.
There is just so much a person can do on flimsy information -

IF the girls were going to meet someone at the lake, it would have to be an arrangement made in person. They took family computers, so I would rule out online contact there or perp would have already been caught. Lizzie's cell phone didn't work. And iirc, lyric didn't have one on her. Didn't she share one?

Now, what kind of person would entice two young girls to break the rules and head to the lake? IMO, either someone at least a bit familiar to them...or some younger, non-threatening male(s) that just maybe the girls thought was cute? Late teens or early twenties? Girls could have been flattered. All just speculation and MOO

I cannot speak for other posters fox, but Lyric is very much in my thoughts today. I have made a conscious decision not to discuss Lyric's service because I do not wish to inadvertently reopen the discussion of people's opinions about her parents, what they should or should not be doing, how they should or should not be acting, etc.

I do this out of respect for their grief.

Any discussion I am having about Lyric's service is happening in closed FB groups.

I feel cerain that many feel as I do and am frankly a bit hurt that you would think otherwise. :(

Lyric and Elizabeth have been in our hearts since they dissapeared and when they were found and especially DEc 13th and Dec 29th and today and everyday from here on out .Now lets find the monster that did this .Those girls had a right to life this is so sad . Web /Sleuths hearts are broken over this . Please let us grieve in our own way TY

IF the girls were going to meet someone at the lake, it would have to be an arrangement made in person. They took family computers, so I would rule out online contact there or perp would have already been caught. Lizzie's cell phone didn't work. And iirc, lyric didn't have one on her. Didn't she share one?

Now, what kind of person would entice two young girls to break the rules and head to the lake? IMO, either someone at least a bit familiar to them...or some younger, non-threatening male(s) that just maybe the girls thought was cute? Late teens or early twenties? Girls could have been flattered. All just speculation and MOO

Maybe someone they didn't know asked them if they were heading to the lake for the big party ... where there would be boat rides and fire works. Who knows what may have been said, but I think someone, even a stranger, could have said something to the children that caused them to want to check it out.

Maybe someone they didn't know asked them if they were heading to the lake for the big party ... where there would be boat rides and fire works. Who knows what may have been said, but I think someone, even a stranger, could have said something to the children that caused them to want to check it out.

Well they went to the lake for some reason and once there, according
to the scent-dog post(s), they did some exploring into the woods.

Not the profile of two girls with rules uppermost in their minds ?

We may never know how the girls got to the lake, but I'm hoping some foreign DNA is found at the crime scene at Seven Bridges. Maybe some from the bike or purse, but they could have been lured and the perp(s) didn't touch them.

Anyone remember the lake area being closed off at night...way back? Any thoughts on that?

Lyric and Elizabeth have been in our hearts since they dissapeared and when they were found and especially DEc 13th and Dec 29th and today and everyday from here on out .Now lets find the monster that did this .Those girls had a right to life this is so sad . Web /Sleuths hearts are broken over this . Please let us grieve in our own way TY

I agree and assume you used my post as a jumping off point for your thoughts on the matter and not because you think the intent of the quoted post was me telling anyone else how to grieve. The quoted post was my attempt to explain to another poster my own personal decision to avoid discussing the service out of respect for Lyric's parents, who I felt somewhat protective of. It was in response to my hurt feelings about the suggestion that WS ws giving Lyric short shrift in the grief and attention department.

Emotions were runnin high yesterday, my own included.

That can of worms is closed now. Rightly so.

I was in a rush putting up the videotape of trail and discovered after hearing the "child" say said she worked last night, other things ...... surprise it's an adult!! :blushing:

The only reason I can think of for Lizzie being allowed to ride that far would be if she was visiting a friend. But Mr. C never mentioned seeing Lizzie stop at any particular house, just that she rode her bike on his block. So it doesn't sound to me like she was visiting anyone in particular.

Maybe Mr. C was mistaken about it being Lizzie who regularly rode on his block.

It could be, as well, that if he saw her that often, he could simply have confused what day he last spoke with/saw her. And the timing could have been correct for a different day.

I certainly could have done such a thing -- I retired early (please note "early") and the week days are tuff to distinguish -- when every weekday is nearly the same, it's easy to confuse Tuesday with Wednesday, etc., etc.

Same person, ( adult :blushing: ) must be video 1 of bike trail? She has lots of thoughts on possible places of abduction and shows them along the way. Very interesting and informative as well!

Evansdale bike trail - YouTube

We here on WS have spent many, many hours trying to put together the missing piece(s) to the puzzle of what happened to these two innocent girls so that this killer(s) can be arrested and convicted for what he/she/they have done. Last night I couldn't go to sleep because I was trying to rack my brain on just what happened here (once again). A few thoughts/ideas came to mind that I thought I'd share as maybe someone may pick up on something in it and from there then maybe something else will come off of it. I don't know, but I am more than willing to give it a try. These are just my own theories/ideas on what may have happened, only my opinion. My intentions are not to place blame on anyone and not to make accusations or hurt anyone's feelings and I hope no one takes it that way. If so, I do apologize as that is the last thing I want to do.
I do feel that Lyric and/or Elizabeth knew the perp(s) prior to the day they went missing (probably more so Lyric) as I feel that the person or persons that Lyric and TB's daughter were at the park with (when they were late getting home) shortly before the girls went missing, AND the 20-year-old male who had some connection with TB's other daughter but can't dwell on this as I can't find the link as to whether it was confirmed by LE or MSM, AND the fact that Wylma mentioned in one of her interviews that shortly before this, Lyric was upset with her dad and was wanting to leave. I'm quite sure all of this has been checked out by LE; however, my fear is that maybe purposely something has been withheld by those questioned as to who was at the park, why they were at the park, why really Lyric was so upset, etc.
Also, I think Lyric was quite mature for her age in terms of development, probable attraction to boys and may have even seeked out attention somewhat from males as it doesn't sound as if she had a “father figure” in her life much as it seems as if Wylma has had custody of her and cared for her for quite some time. I feel so sorry for Wylma, my heart goes out to her...God only knows what she has been thru, not only since the girls went missing but prior. She has not only lost Lyric but also another granddaughter at same time and has all the family issues/disagreements/turmoil etc to deal with besides.

I think that shortly after Elizabeth and Lyric were seen by Wylma close to house and seen on surveillance video, that they were approached by perp(s) (who knows where, and maybe perp(s) had it planned or maybe it was spur of the moment). But either way, I wonder if the perp(s) didn't say something like, hey, why don't you girls meet me/us at Meyers Lake and we will go for a boat ride, go for a ride to park, ice cream, or whatever it may have been. At this time, it doesn't occur to girls to ask for directions, as the meeting was probably rushed for time as to not attract any attention. The perp(s) may have told the girls that he/she/they would watch for them once they got close to Meyers Lake and tell them where to go from there and in turn, the perp(s) led them to Maiden's Lane to the wooded/secluded area, where the girls either forcibly or willingly then got in a vehicle and taken to 7 Bridges Park. Once there, the perp(s) may have had intentions of sexually assaulting them (which is even difficult to type as it's so sad), and perp(s) then met resistance and uncooperativeness from the girls, which is more than understandable, which in turn then angered the perp(s) so he/she/they then murdered them and left them lay. This may or may not have been the perp(s) intentions, (to murder them), which is so hard to even type as I can't imagine what type of sick, twisted individual it must take to carry out something like this. However, I do have a hard time believing that the perp(s) took these two girls to sexually assault them only and to then turn them loose, as I would think they would be afraid of being identified by one or both of the girls which could more than likely then lead to their arrest.
Again, these are only my ideas and opinions, in hopes that somehow it could prove to be helpful.
All of us here on WS have spent many, many hours racking our brains trying to figure out what happened to these two girls and why and who, etc. It has been quite frustrating, I think we sometimes say things we don't mean to, and/or it may be misinterpreted by others the wrong way, or maybe even said something about someone or something that was uncalled for. We all deal with grief, stress and frustration differently and we are all entitled to that and we are all entitled to our own opinions as well. It's a great group to be a part of. God Bless You All!

I was in a rush putting up the videotape of trail and discovered after hearing the "child" say said she worked last night, other things ...... surprise it's an adult!! :blushing:

It is still very useful child's POV or not. Thank you.

The 'rumor' of them asking directions from people at the Fareway is no
'rumor' but fact. That trumps all other conjecture -

Do you have any MSM links to support that though? Web sleuths is the only place I have ever heard this mentioned and I'm local to the case. I searched and know several people well who are very closely involved with support and fundraising efforts and have never heard it mentioned outside of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21