IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped etc by me. Plenty more at the link.

WC And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me.

NG We are taking your calls. Out to Ms. Wylma Cook. Ms. Cook is the grandmother of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric. Ms. Cook, you were taking me through that morning. So they asked to go and ride their bikes, and that`s about what time?

COOK: 11:30.

GRACE: 11:30.

COOK: And Lyric knew that we were going to be heading for home at 1:30 because her mom got off at 2:00.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

Also Misty says -

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away.

So that would imply to me that they were expecting them sometime before 12.30, say 12 or 12.15.

I find it odd that Misty includes herself in the "we were not happy" when she was at work, oblivious. She didn't know Lyric was missing until about 2pm.

I think this link also implies that they TYPICALLY come back within an hour or so (from the same transcript):

COOK-MORRISSEY: I don`t think they have a normal bike route, but they are not allowed to just ride freely for hours or until dark. They do have a little bit of freedom, so they`re allowed to go, you know, maybe two or three blocks away and stay within those blocks. An hour, check back in is kind of the standard that we hold with them, and mostly, they stick with it.

Misty states they "mostly" stick with it. I think kids will be kids and lose track of time.

So, given that...I wonder if the girls left at 11:30...were last seen by Wylma at 12:15ish, SHE thought they'd be back by 12:30 (because that would have been AN HOUR from the time they left - at which they would typically check in).

Maybe they knew Grandma saw them ride by at 12:15 (maybe gave her a wave and checked for her to motion them back in and she didn't) and they decided they would take another ride (again...them thinking they had another HOUR before checking in again since they'd just seen her at 12:15).

I am probably not going to get my answer as to whether or not the girls themselves had been told they needed to be back by 12:30. :( I am just trying to think along the lines of what the girls may have been thinking...

Also, to corroborate my thinking along the same lines...in that same transcript Misty states:

COOK-MORRISSEY: I left for work at 8:30 AM. She gave me a hug and a kiss and told me she would text me and let me know when I got off of work where she would be, either at Heather`s in Evansdale or back at our mother`s home in Waterloo.

Does this mean she was to text her at 2:00 and let her know where she was? (Informing Misty where she needed to be picked up). Maybe Lyric thought she didn't need to be back until 2 in time to text her mom to let her know where she was?

Again...this is only trying to brainstorm the girls line of thinking. I don't think (from what I can find in the transcripts) the girls actually KNEW they were leaving before 2, possibly.??? :banghead:

I dont' believe the girls blatantly took off, ignoring their Grandma. I think there was a misunderstanding between when Grandma naturally expected them to physically come inside the house to check in and maybe the girls thought the 12:15 sighting WAS their checking in and since she didn't wave them inside thought they had another hour. :waitasec:

For the love...I hope I'm making sense here. My brain is fried.

WC And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me.

NG We are taking your calls. Out to Ms. Wylma Cook. Ms. Cook is the grandmother of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric. Ms. Cook, you were taking me through that morning. So they asked to go and ride their bikes, and that`s about what time?

COOK: And Lyric knew that we were going to be heading for home at 1:30 because her mom got off at 2:00.

Also Misty says -

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away.

So that would imply to me that they were expecting them sometime before 12.30, say 12 or 12.15.

I find it odd that Misty includes herself in the "we were not happy" when she was at work, oblivious. She didn't know Lyric was missing until about 2pm.
That was actually Wylma who said that.

I think this link also implies that they TYPICALLY come back within an hour or so (from the same transcript):

COOK-MORRISSEY: I don`t think they have a normal bike route, but they are not allowed to just ride freely for hours or until dark. They do have a little bit of freedom, so they`re allowed to go, you know, maybe two or three blocks away and stay within those blocks. An hour, check back in is kind of the standard that we hold with them, and mostly, they stick with it.

Misty states they "mostly" stick with it. I think kids will be kids and lose track of time.

So, given that...I wonder if the girls left at 11:30...were last seen by Wylma at 12:15ish, SHE thought they'd be back by 12:30 (because that would have been AN HOUR from the time they left - at which they would typically check in).

Maybe they knew Grandma saw them ride by at 12:15 (maybe gave her a wave and checked for her to motion them back in and she didn't) and they decided they would take another ride (again...them thinking they had another HOUR before checking in again since they'd just seen her at 12:15).

I am probably not going to get my answer as to whether or not the girls themselves had been told they needed to be back by 12:30. :( I am just trying to think along the lines of what the girls may have been thinking...

Also, to corroborate my thinking along the same lines...in that same transcript Misty states:

COOK-MORRISSEY: I left for work at 8:30 AM. She gave me a hug and a kiss and told me she would text me and let me know when I got off of work where she would be, either at Heather`s in Evansdale or back at our mother`s home in Waterloo.

Does this mean she was to text her at 2:00 and let her know where she was? (Informing Misty where she needed to be picked up). Maybe Lyric thought she didn't need to be back until 2 in time to text her mom to let her know where she was?

Again...this is only trying to brainstorm the girls line of thinking. I don't think (from what I can find in the transcripts) the girls actually KNEW they were leaving before 2, possibly.??? :banghead:

I dont' believe the girls blatantly took off, ignoring their Grandma. I think there was a misunderstanding between when Grandma naturally expected them to physically come inside the house to check in and maybe the girls thought the 12:15 sighting WAS their checking in and since she didn't wave them inside thought they had another hour. :waitasec:

From the transcript -

GRACE: Wylma, when you saw them right away that day what was your last image of them?

COOK: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30
. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back.

Gramma sounds like she wasn't exactly sure when they left.
:waitasec:

Does anyone still have the link to the full interview with Wylma and Misty that got subpoenaed?

If you click on the link to the report the "were spotted" is a hyperlink to the CCTV video of the girls and is implying that video capturing them is the nearby intersection...so THAT is the 12:23 time (according to this report anyway).:great:

But to me this means spotted by who? SURVAILLANCE! and nearby intersection (assuming Brovan and River Forest...is that right?)

Doesn't help by not telling us what road by the lake they were on though...

This is corner of Brovan and River Forest

Attachments

• 2013-01-02 15.08.57.jpg
    2013-01-02 15.08.57.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 30
This is corner of Brovan and River Forest

Ok...so in addition to the CCTV we've seen, are there additional cameras at this corner that could have captured which way they turned? Ones that LE hasn't released??

If they were spotted at a nearby intersection then I'm assuming this is the one...according to the prior link.

Also Misty says -

Something doesn't add up here -

Either this account is wrong, or the girls werent reliable, or somebody told
the girls to meet at the lake (would be picked up at the lake)?

Its like there is a missing communication in this scenario, or,
the abductor got to them first ...

And WHY!? go to the police so soon unless you are used to going to the
police over small things, or you know something really is wrong or could be
wrong?

Because, to my mind, this account above includes both "an abduction
with the girls in peril", and "early notice that the girls are in peril" ! HOW?
WHY? There is some missing in this account; like somebody aware that an
abduction or a serious problem could happen, might have happened, or
already had happened! So again, in virtue of what? HOW AND WHY?

Does anyone still have the link to the full interview with Wylma and Misty that got subpoenaed?

By full interview, do you mean unedited? If so, there was not one. The interview was conducted live, not taped, so there was no editing. What you see is what you get, in other words.

"In this case, Schillinger said, however, the mother and grandmother were interviewed live for a noon broadcast. There was no additional footage beyond what aired and what was posted on the station’s website."

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...subpoenas-kwwl-tv-video-in-missing-girls-case

Here's what you are looking for - you have to watch it for a minute or so before the interview begins:

http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...tySetsRecordStraight001.mp4.html?sort=6&o=348

Thanks to crankycrankerson for the video!

Something doesn't add up here -

Either this account is wrong, or the girls werent reliable, or somebody told
the girls to meet at the lake (would be picked up at the lake)?

Its like there is a missing communication in this scenario, or,
the abductor got to them first ...

And WHY!? go to the police so soon unless you are used to going to the
police over small things, or you know something really is wrong or could be
wrong?

Because, to my mind, this account above includes both "an abduction
with the girls in peril", and "early notice that the girls are in peril" ! HOW?
WHY? There is some missing in this account; like somebody aware that an
abduction or a serious problem could happen, might have happened, or
already had happened! So again, in virtue of what? HOW AND WHY?

Totally agree. And I think I can answer too. But I'm not allowed to. :banghead: :furious: :notgood::hand:

By full interview, do you mean unedited? If so, there was not one. The interview was conducted live, not taped, so there was no editing. What you see is what you get, in other words.

"In this case, Schillinger said, however, the mother and grandmother were interviewed live for a noon broadcast. There was no additional footage beyond what aired and what was posted on the station’s website."

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...subpoenas-kwwl-tv-video-in-missing-girls-case

I'm trying to find a link to the video that still works and will post it if I find it.

This is what I mean. I just want to see what aired on TV. I'm wondering once again what could have been significant. It's still the ONLY subpoena in this entire case! (I think).

The best explanation Ive read so far - :great:

Just a guess, but the thread is straying onto dangerous ground.

It's about time. :)

HINKY is right. This case stinks to high heaven. There are already too many unexplained inaccuracies for my liking.

:cow:

ITA, 'Steel, but we've got such a paltry amount of facts in this case, we're just all over the place -- myself included. It's like playing hide-and-seek with the entire US as the hiding grounds. Where do we start? Who's It?

And like so many things, timing is everything. And bicycles. And skeletons. <smh>

I certainly respect LE's reasoning on this -- I just hope they will have enuff probable cause to make an arrest SOON. Maybe then we'll be told a trickle or two more than we know now. Let's hope!

Ok...so in addition to the CCTV we've seen, are there additional cameras at this corner that could have captured which way they turned? Ones that LE hasn't released??

If they were spotted at a nearby intersection then I'm assuming this is the one...according to the prior link.

Now this is beginning to get real!

:please:

If you click on the link to the report the "were spotted" is a hyperlink to the CCTV video of the girls and is implying that video capturing them is the nearby intersection...so THAT is the 12:23 time (according to this report anyway).:great:

But to me this means spotted by who? SURVAILLANCE! and nearby intersection (assuming Brovan and River Forest...is that right?)

Doesn't help by not telling us what road by the lake they were on though...

Maybe you are correct, but if so, it makes me really frustrated with MSM because I don't think they care enough to report things accurately; or are they? Who knows what to believe.

12:23 is a new one for the CCTV. It was either 12:11 or 8 minutes fast and 12:19, but now it is 12:23. The sentence reads 12:23 at a nearby intersection, but links to a video of them in the middle of the block and not at 12:23. If the intersection is Brovan and River Forest then it wouldn't take them 4 minutes or 12 minutes to get there the way they were hauling *advertiser censored* on the video. So was the CCTV in fact the 12:23 sighting, was there a 12:23 sighting, was it a different 12:23 sighting at a different intersection?

And who is the 12:30-1pm sighting? Is that Mr C? If so, the dude lives on a corner? What street were they on, what direction were they going? Does anyone actually really know anything?

I don't know about everybody else, but I've reached the point where I can't say most of what I'd like to say...

I tried three times today to respond to a particular post, and deleted it each time. I can't say what I want to say without violating TOS. There is just something in the family dynamics that seems strange to me, and I'm not pointing fingers at Misty and/or Dan by saying this. JMO

This is what I mean. I just want to see what aired on TV. I'm wondering once again what could have been significant. It's still the ONLY subpoena in this entire case! (I think).

Did you watch it yet? I didnt see anything that stood out. Were police thinking there was more to the interview that was cut out?

I really wonder why they wanted that video.

Why was it called an interview with misty and Wylma when Wylma didn't say anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member