IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats her the one with tatoo's on her body and on her wrist .I hope the Iowa LE zooms in on this and the FBI? MOO I think this woman is connected to our Girls ;(

Is there a connection to Iowa that I'm missing? How is she connected to these girls?

Agree. Me either. I'm stumped.

I always suspected someone possibly overheard something said or discussed that they were not supposed to hear or they heard something that was interpreted the wrong way and it was reported to LE. Thinking it may have been recorded.
NOT accusing Misty or Wylma...just maybe a comment they made about someone else or something relative to their disappearance in someone else's opinion.
JMO

The only thing I picked up I could question was when she said they haven't found anything in Cedar Valley. "They haven't found that yet." and then goes on to talk about expanding the search. Basically she was saying LE is on their arse because they haven't found anything yet, are frustrated and so they are coming down hard on her and Dan because of their criminal history.

This was discussed early too that LE may have thought something was going on in the hotel room or as little to prove Misty and Dan were in fact together when they really were not suppose to be around each other except when talking to media or with LE. This is because of the stipulations of Misty's release/supervision, etc.

http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...=6&o=348&_suid=135734467420702305379002723692

The subpoena stated that KWWL “may have knowledge, regarding a criminal offense which occurred in Black Hawk County, Iowa, on or about July 13.”

No matter how many times I view the video, I can't figure it out. Misty talked about being at the hotel room and LE coming in at an early hour, and that she and Dan had seen an attorney who told them they shouldn't speak any more to LE.

For whatever reason, that video was significant to LE. Maybe LE heard something on the video that contradicted something they were told, and subpoenaed the video in case it was ever needed for evidence.:waitasec:

I tried three times today to respond to a particular post, and deleted it each time. I can't say what I want to say without violating TOS. There is just something in the family dynamics that seems strange to me, and I'm not pointing fingers at Misty and/or Dan by saying this. JMO

I completely disagree. Every time a child is abducted, and one parent has some involvement with drugs, social media websites get completely derailed by trying to twist that drug use into every theory about the abduction. Victoria Stafford is an excellent example of this. Her mother abused pharmaceutical drugs, and the majority of people commenting on the case tried to find a way to hold the mother responsible for her daughter's abduction and murder. Everything she did and said was twisted to imply guilt. Two other people have been arrested and convicted for the murder. The mother had absolutely nothing to do with the murder of her daughter.

I'm 100% confident that this case is no different. It's truly unfortunate that the parents have some history of drug abuse, but the system intervened and one of the children of the drug users was placed in a safe environment. Presumably the other child was placed in a different safe environment.

If this had anything to do with drugs, then I would like to hear any explanation about why Elizabeth was abducted and murdered, and why other children of the drug using parents were never put in any type of protective custody.

Regarding the family dynamics ... are there 7 or 9 siblings in the Cook family? We know about three of the daughters ... what about all the rest of the siblings? Two of the siblings lost their children to a predator. A third sibling, Tammy, has spoken on behalf of Misty and Heather. That's her only involvement in this case.

What I see happening is what often happens when a case goes cold ... people turn on each other, or they turn on the family. This case doesn't add up properly because the perp covered his tracks very well ... in my opinion ... it has nothing to do with the family of the victims.

Is there a connection to Iowa that I'm missing? How is she connected to these girls?

I linked an article earlier about a massive arrest of child sex abusers, and the article included photos of John and Jane Doe, two unidentified abusers. From there the conversation switched to Jane Doe, who has tattoos that could be similar to those on a woman who allegedly tried to abduct a boy in Iowa shortly after Lyric and Lizzie went missing. And the conversation went on from there.

Totally agree. And I think I can answer too. But I'm not allowed to. :banghead: :furious: :notgood::hand:

Seems to me a lot of time was wasted draining the lake they had time to get out of town with our gir.Fro what I readThe lake is loaded with Blood sucker so why would they thing the girls would swin in that water infested like that .Know what you mean thanks Pat

I completely disagree. Every time a child is abducted, and one parent has some involvement with drugs, social media websites get completely derailed by trying to twist that drug use into every theory about the abduction. Victoria Stafford is an excellent example of this. Her mother abused pharmaceutical drugs, and the majority of people commenting on the case tried to find a way to hold the mother responsible for her daughter's abduction and murder. Everything she did and said was twisted to imply guilt. Two other people have been arrested and convicted for the murder. The mother had absolutely nothing to do with the murder of her daughter.

I'm 100% confident that this case is no different. It's truly unfortunate that the parents have some history of drug abuse, but the system intervened and one of the children of the drug users was placed in a safe environment. Presumably the other child was placed in a different safe environment.

If this had anything to do with drugs, then I would like to hear any explanation about why Elizabeth was abducted and murdered, and why other children of the drug using parents were never put in any type of protective custody.

Regarding the family dynamics ... are there 7 or 9 siblings in the Cook family? We know about three of the daughters ... what about all the rest of the siblings? Two of the siblings lost their children to a predator. A third sibling, Tammy, has spoken on behalf of Misty and Heather. That's her only involvement in this case.

What I see happening is what often happens when a case goes cold ... people turn on each other, or they turn on the family. This case doesn't add up properly because the perp covered his tracks very well ... in my opinion ... it has nothing to do with the family of the victims.

otto, I respectfully point out that I did not say anything about drugs. I spoke about family dynamics. You assumed I meant drugs. I did not.

So if you are going to "completely disagree" with me, please do me the courtesy of knowing what I said before doing so. Thank you.

otto, I respectfully point out that I did not say anything about drugs. I spoke about family dynamics. You assumed I meant drugs. I did not.

So if you are going to "totally disagree" with me, please do me the courtesy of knowing what I said before doing so. Thank you.

Thanks ... I'm reacting more to the numerous comments I've read in the last few days implying that the family is involved ... particularly comments like "I know the answer but the TOS prevent me from answering". It's like a backdoor comment used to impugn the family's integrity. It doesn't sit well with me.

This was discussed early too that LE may have thought something was going on in the hotel room or as little to prove Misty and Dan were in fact together when they really were not suppose to be around each other except when talking to media or with LE. This is because of the stipulations of Misty's release/supervision, etc.

My first thought at hearing about the hotel situation was that they may have needed a private place to talk and maybe they feared their homes were bugged. I could be wrong, but I think they had been seen in public together at that point, because honestly, who would put parents in jail for violating a no contact order when their child was missing?

I linked an article earlier about a massive arrest of child sex abusers, and the article included photos of John and Jane Doe, two unidentified abusers. From there the conversation switched to Jane Doe, who has tattoos that could be similar to those on a woman who allegedly tried to abduct a boy in Iowa shortly after Lyric and Lizzie went missing. And the conversation went on from there.

I saw the initial article before it was posted on this thread, but I didnt see any connection to this case.

I'm just responding in general, not trying to argue.

Alleged abduction by a tattooed woman in Iowa doesn't automatically correlate to tattooed woman in LA who was photographed 11 years ago in child *advertiser censored*, in my opinion.

If the girls were still missing? Then maybe I could see the speculation, since we could assume the girls were taken for human trafficking. But we know that isn't the case. They were murdered shortly after being taken.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

I went back to the July threads, somewhere around the 14th, I didn't realize there had been that many attempted abductions.

I wonder if the schools have cameras, I wondered if someone was watching one of the girls. One the day they went missing its possible someone followed them to the lake, just waiting for that moment that they were in a secluded spot.

I know some on here think it was drug related, I don't, I think it was some sicko with ugly fantasies.

I do know one thing for sure, I am glad to be apart of this community on here that feels passionate enough to state their views and question each others views. It forces me to use my brain and my individual talents what ever they may be.

Great bunch of people here and I hope/pray they find who did this SOON!!

I saw the initial article before it was posted on this thread, but I didnt see any connection to this case.

I'm just responding in general, not trying to argue.

Alleged abduction by a tattooed woman in Iowa doesn't automatically correlate to tattooed woman in LA who was photographed 11 years ago in child *advertiser censored*, in my opinion.

If the girls were still missing? Then maybe I could see the speculation, since we could assume the girls were taken for human trafficking. But we know that isn't the case. They were murdered shortly after being taken.

You're right - I think this is just one of those WS things where one post leads to another and before you know it, the intent of the original post gets lost. JMO.

I don't think there is any connection at all. I guess it's possible but highly unlikely as far as I'm concerned. This arrest was in California

We ate at that restaurant behind it one day, and there was a truck with the missing poster in the back window or tailgate, I don't remember which. The BIG poster, full length. Anyway, I wondered if it was the owner's truck. Wouldn't it be horrible if that's where they were abducted from.

Sure would. :(

I think it is wrong to falsely accuse any members of the family because we have nothing to go on. I also think it is equally wrong to close our minds to any possibility. It could be family, it could be a family friend, it could be an acquaintance, it could be a stranger, it could be planned, it could be random. It could be because of revenge or spite or anger or jealousy. It could be sexually motivated or simple psychotic cruelty. It may be for no reason at all. We may never know or we may in fact find out. If we do ever find out, we may be shocked or we may be validated. Some of us may be right and some of us may be wrong or we may all be wrong. I wouldn't throw myself on the sword for or against any theory at this point. I really don't know how everyone does this day in and day out. I have the utmost respect for all of you. I'll stick around this time and hang in there with you as long as I can.

Sorry I'm just reading old transcripts to see what I might have missed. I never thought about what everyone did after they involved police, and after the bikes were found. I assumed they kept looking, calling the girls' friends, driving around town looking for them, etc.

Here is the transcript from the interview:

BROUSSEAU: OK. So then we watched the investigators put the crime scene tape up. They were down there for a very long time. I would say approximately three hours, maybe more, you know, doing their investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

So they just sat and watched? Did everyone or just part of the family? Surely at that point there was still hope that the girls were alive, why not look for them, why watch to see what police dug up?

BBM When my 2 grandchildren went 'missing' from my home LE had me on their PA system calling for the kids. My husband was searching though.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

I went back to the July threads, somewhere around the 14th, I didn't realize there had been that many attempted abductions.

I wonder if the schools have cameras, I wondered if someone was watching one of the girls. One the day they went missing its possible someone followed them to the lake, just waiting for that moment that they were in a secluded spot.

I know some on here think it was drug related, I don't, I think it was some sicko with ugly fantasies.

I do know one thing for sure, I am glad to be apart of this community on here that feels passionate enough to state their views and question each others views. It forces me to use my brain and my individual talents what ever they may be.

Great bunch of people here and I hope/pray they find who did this SOON!!
That's a really great idea IMO. I've had so many opions since July, but I always come back to thinking it has something to do withy when Lyric was late with the other cousin or an adult became interested in one of the girls through church, school, or extra curricular activities. Taking both girls was either unplanned or a bonus in IMO. When there is an arrest I think everyone may be very surprised with the suspect. This may be an "oh they would never do that kind of deal" & so nobody would suspect them even if they did have a relationship with one of the girls.

BBM When my 2 grandchildren went 'missing' from my home LE had me on their PA system calling for the kids. My husband was searching though.

That makes sense, I had honestly never thought about what anyone was doing once the bikes were found. I guess I assumed they'd be doing driving up and down every street and back and forth, etc trying to find the girls.

Thanks ... I'm reacting more to the numerous comments I've read in the last few days implying that the family is involved ... particularly comments like "I know the answer but the TOS prevent me from answering". It's like a backdoor comment used to impugn the family's integrity. It doesn't sit well with me.

I dont think drugs were involved, I don't think Dan & Misty or Drew & Heather were involved. I do think police spent a lot of time investigating those scenarios even before they ruled it an abduction on day 7.

Yes there is a link her and her partner tried to abduct a boy from Cedar Falls the father was with the boy and the woman went back into the vechicle Some where in La she is in Jail . back a few posts they gave a web connection regarding her . She graps kids and sells them to perps that have sex with them and nmaybe when there done they dump the kisds off in the state they are from the perps she was living with at the time of arrest were using these poor inocent angels in a sex inviorment .Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combfish-mclisa