IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link that states when DM showed up at the lake initially on the day of the girls disappearance?

Is Evansdale Police Department in close proximity to the lake?

Here's where I think the misunderstanding comes from about the 11:30 time:

We are taking your calls. Out to Ms. Wylma Cook. Ms. Cook is the grandmother of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric. Ms. Cook, you were taking me through that morning. So they asked to go and ride their bikes, and that`s about what time?

COOK: 11:30.

GRACE: 11:30.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

So 11:30 is when the girls asked to go for a bike ride, not the last time Wylma saw them.

But . . . Aunt Tammy says something different:

When my mother and I, the grandmother who was babysitting, when my mother and I went on our search for them, and this was at about a quarter to 3 -- and keep in mind the last they were seen was at 11:30 a.m., when they told mom they were going on the bike ride. So that is the last time they were for sure seen. And now, it`s going on to -- it`s getting close to being a quarter to 3.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

LE says the last time Wylma saw the girls was 12:15, so Tammy must have been mistaken. But this kind of thing is frustrating when trying to work out a timeline.:banghead: JMO

That's what I've been saying all along. The last time that Wylma saw the girls before they got on their bikes was 11:30. The last time that she saw them riding their bikes was at 12:15 and they were heading to the parking lot in front of the old post office. She saw them last at 11:30 and at 12:15 doing completely different things.

What has been suggested on this thread is that the children were doing the same thing ... so Wylma changed her story - but she didn't.

The only other possibility is that Wylma went to Tammy's house (I seem to remember that they were getting their hair done) after she knew that the girls were missing ... not missing missing, just late coming home. That makes sense actually. Wylma said that she noticed that she hadn't seen the girls for a while at 12:30, looked around, couldn't find them, so she drove around looking for them. It sounds like she may have called Misty or Heather and told them to look for their children, and then she went on about her day. I guess Misty or Heather called Wylma at about 2:45 to tell her that they still hadn't found the girls. Then, it seems that Tammy and Wylma joined in the search ... Tammy probably asked where they had searched, and tried to think of any other place that hadn't been checked. Meyers Lake was apparently one spot that hadn't yet been checked, but which was possible.

Does that fit with everyone's whereabouts and updates regarding who knew what when? I guess that Drew went home after he heard that Wylma left and the oldest of the children looked after the others until Drew got home. Somewhere in there, Dan was contacted and a police report was filed.

My personal theory is that it was a woman, even less red flags raised.

I'm not convinced that someone didn't witness the abduction and just don't realize it. I think it could have been so relaxed and calm that someone saw it happened and never put two and two together to realize it was that day they saw two girls get into a vehicle.

Dont know the girls personally - would they fight?

Seems they come from strong parents ...

The results of the autopsy have not been released yet.

The evidence that the girls were at the lake is the bicycles, Elizabeth's purse, the FBI tracking dogs and at least one witness that puts the girls on Gilbert Street between 12:30 and 1:00 pm (Gilbert Street is very close to the lake). All those bits of evidence can be and have been extensively debated, of course.

Is this a polite way of saying "beating a dead horse"??

Does anyone have a link that states when DM showed up at the lake initially on the day of the girls disappearance?

Is Evansdale Police Department in close proximity to the lake?

Dan was at his mother's house, as was his son, napping I think. If Misty knew at 12:30 or 1:00, then Dan probably knew by 1:00 or 1:15 ... say, 20 minutes or so to pull himself together and get there? I would expect that he arrived between 1:30 and 2:00. It doesn't sound like anyone was terribly alarmed at first, but an hour later things changed.

I think it is. I've read that there's either a police or fire station about a block North.

That's what I've been saying all along. The last time that Wylma saw the girls before they got on their bikes was 11:30. The last time that she saw them riding their bikes was at 12:15 and they were heading to the parking lot in front of the old post office. She saw them last at 11:30 and at 12:15 doing completely different things.

What has been suggested on this thread is that the children were doing the same thing ... so Wylma changed her story - but she didn't.

The only other possibility is that Wylma went to Tammy's house (I seem to remember that they were getting their hair done) after she knew that the girls were missing ... not missing missing, just late coming home. That makes sense actually. Wylma said that she noticed that she hadn't seen the girls for a while at 12:30, looked around, couldn't find them, so she drove around looking for them. It sounds like she may have called Misty or Heather and told them to look for their children, and then she went on about her day. I guess Misty or Heather called Wylma at about 2:45 to tell her that they still hadn't found the girls. Then, it seems that Tammy and Wylma joined in the search ... Tammy probably asked where they had searched, and tried to think of any other place that hadn't been checked. Meyers Lake was apparently one spot that hadn't yet been checked, but which was possible.

Does that fit with everyone's whereabouts and updates regarding who knew what when? I guess that Drew went home after he heard that Wylma left and the oldest of the children looked after the others until Drew got home. Somewhere in there, Dan was contacted and a police report was filed.

IIRC, Misty called Dan once the girls' bikes were located. So that would have been around 4 p.m.

ETA: Well, that info is according to Tammy:

So when Misty had -- when they`d found the bikes and called us and told us, Misty was standing here with us, Misty immediately called Dan and Dan called his mother. She was at work. She took work off, and she hurried up and picked Dan and Dylan up and came down here and met us to start the search and all of that for the kids, yes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

When police said that Jessica Ridgeway's parents were not considered suspects, that statement was accepted and respected. When police said that Lyric Cook's parents were not considered suspects, the statement is viewed as nonsense. Why is that?

"Authorities said previously that Jessica’s parents — Jeremiah Bryant, who lives in Missouri, and Sarah Ridgeway, of Westminster — are not considered suspects."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cops-find-body-search-jessica-ridgeway-article-1.1180605

Investigators have been closely scrutinizing Dan and Misty Morrissey and have subjected both of them to multiple polygraph tests. At the same time, they say they are not considered suspects in the case and are looking into their backgrounds and associates only so as not to discount any possible leads.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_1b99fc98-d296-11e1-b0a4-0019bb2963f4.html

IMO, it should never be stated that anyone has been ruled out as suspects because as the investigation continues, maybe something else may send up a red flag or new evidence may surface or a new lead or someone has come forward with information. If something like this would happen, would LE issue a new statement that XXXX is now named as a suspect (even though they at one time were cleared)?? Just curious, as I really don't know?

We need to remember LE has had many conflicting timelines, statements, etc. as well throughout this investigation. And LE can tell us anything they want us to hear, does that necessarily mean it's etched in stone?

BBM

It could also have happened that way if the girls knew their abductor(s), which is my theory (at the moment:what:).

I don't feel this was a random abduction. JMO

Totally agree, not random....

And really, really hoping that some folks and LE have more insight than us 'outsiders'...

But please also, something, anything, directional from LE would be so helpful I believe, unless they are right on the 'hindquarters; of somebody...

My husband and I were just discussing that if our children were to come up missing and their bikes were found near a lake, the FIRST thing we'd be naturally inclined to think is they may have drowned. (We pray to God that this never happens to our children or any child). WHY would we think they may have drowned???...Because their bikes were found by a lake :waitasec:
:moo:

Drowning? Even if they were next to the 6' diameter drainage pipe of a leech invested lake and there was poison ivy in the nearby grass ... and they had to go through an 8' wide gate to get there ... no shoes ... too shallow to slip and drown. Police would need to rule out drowning, parents would know better. If they were in the lake, it would still be a suspcious situation ... so the parents wouldn't want to believe that the children were in the lake - better to believe that they're alive.

Their bikes at the gate, the purse beside the shore ... all looks like a swimming accident, but not entirely. About 1200 acres (correct me if I'm wrong ... not 100% sure about the size) were first searched. When nothing turned up, then the lake was searched.

We know that whomever abducted the children was not taking a lunch break during work. Clearly the perp was not expected to work that afternoon.

That would depend on how many were involved.

The generally accepted motives for a murder are

sexual
profit
revenge

We've spoken a lot about sexual and revenge type motives (there may still be elements!) but ask yourself this -

"who profited from this crime?"

:cow:

Exactly....just who 'profited', and that doesn't necessarily mean monetarily...cannot get my mind off of that aspect...

IMO, it should never be stated that anyone has been ruled out as suspects because as the investigation continues, maybe something else may send up a red flag or new evidence may surface or a new lead or someone has come forward with information. If something like this would happen, would LE issue a new statement that XXXX is now named as a suspect (even though they at one time were cleared)?? Just curious, as I really don't know?

We need to remember LE has had many conflicting timelines, statements, etc. as well throughout this investigation. And LE can tell us anything they want us to hear, does that necessarily mean it's etched in stone?

Jessica's parents were 100% ruled out after the backpack was found, because they were both accounted for at that time. Their status soon changed to: no question that they were ruled out. It was only a couple of days later that DNA on the backpack was matched to DNA in the park. Before that, Jessica's parents were "not considered suspects". Today, the parents of Lyric and Elizabeth are "not considered suspects". Anyone's status can change during an investigation, but if someone is not a suspect, it usually means that police are looking in different directions.

Dan was at his mother's house, as was his son, napping I think. If Misty knew at 12:30 or 1:00, then Dan probably knew by 1:00 or 1:15 ... say, 20 minutes or so to pull himself together and get there? I would expect that he arrived between 1:30 and 2:00. It doesn't sound like anyone was terribly alarmed at first, but an hour later things changed.

I think it is. I've read that there's either a police or fire station about a block North.

I remember he had to wait for his mom to get off work in order to get there. It was MSM. It was around 5 pm, iirc, that Dan showed up at Meyers Lake the day they went missing. I'll search tomorrow for it.

jmo

Exactly....just who 'profited', and that doesn't necessarily mean monetarily...cannot get my mind off of that aspect...

There was no profit here. Two children were grabbed off the street on a warm, summer afternoon. They were taken to an isolated, abandoned park 20 miles away and their bodies were found five months later, by chance.

There was no profit. This is most likely a sexual predator that hid what he did very well for half a year. This is most likely a very dangerous man that preys on women and children, and who will do this again next time there is an opportunity. There is no "profit" in a murder like this.

I remember he had to wait for his mom to get off work in order to get there. It was MSM. It was around 5 pm, iirc, that Dan showed up at Meyers Lake the day they went missing. I'll search tomorrow for it.

jmo

5 PM? Sounds like he had one sip too many and needed a very long nap, or he simply wasn't concerned ... or ... was he restricted in his movements at that time ... given that he was in the middle of a plea deal involving bad guys, drugs and jail?

IIRC, Misty called Dan once the girls' bikes were located. So that would have been around 4 p.m.

ETA: Well, that info is according to Tammy:

So when Misty had -- when they`d found the bikes and called us and told us, Misty was standing here with us, Misty immediately called Dan and Dan called his mother. She was at work. She took work off, and she hurried up and picked Dan and Dylan up and came down here and met us to start the search and all of that for the kids, yes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

Thank you. That makes sense. Misty called Dan at 4:00 PM and he showed up around 5:00.

5 PM? Sounds like he had one sip too many and needed a very long nap, or he simply wasn't concerned ... or ... was he restricted in his movements at that time ... given that he was in the middle of a plea deal involving bad guys, drugs and jail?

I think he needed a ride to the lake from what I remember. No DL or vehicle to get there but an atv? Also, the girl's missing just happened with Lryic & her other cousin, 4 or so days before. Got me what he was doing in the afternoon time. He's not old and a siesta is reserved for older people. ha ha! (I never nap in the afternoon, btw)

Thank you. I think it is just the word "destination" that bothers the heck out of me. Why not just say they "went to the park?"
I looked up the definition just to make sure I'm not stretching it in my head.

des·ti·na·tion
/ˌdestəˈnāSHən/
Noun
The place to which someone or something is going or being sent.

To me it implies there was a goal, or an aim -- a REASON they went there. And just 4 days before the abduction. SO weird!

BBM....that bothers me a lot also...

Was going to post before, but easier to quote :)

A few pages behind, but, yeah....gonna have to go re-watch the video, or maybe it's just a transcript... anyway.....

Some folks have different ways of talking, as has been seen many times in this case...

BBM....that bothers me a lot also...

Was going to post before, but easier to quote :)

A few pages behind, but, yeah....gonna have to go re-watch the video, or maybe it's just a transcript... anyway.....

Some folks have different ways of talking, as has been seen many times in this case...

Imo, if I said destination, I might not know where or forgot where they were to be at.

Here's a N.G. transcript of Misty and Wylma giving times of certain things that happened that day.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

:blush: I guess adding the link would help. Must be time for me to go to bed.

Oh, and Drew was home at 12:30 when Wylma and Kelley went out in the car looking for the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member