IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that explains one thing I've noticed. Many of the RSO I have noted on CVM FB page shows many moves and I was puzzling over how some have an address in Evansdal, then move to Waterloo, then back to another address in Evansdale, then two in Waterloo, and so forth.

So these guys could actually be moving around within a mile or so area but depending on where they land, it has an Evansdale or Waterloo Address.

I realized the towns were close, I guess I just didn't realize they literally run (meld) from one directly into the other.

Feel just the opposite.Its been very quiet with no local coverage from newspaper or television. No more advertisement from crimestoppers for help. Maybe they know who it is but need more solid evidence to seal the deal.Hoping and praying.

They are separate....went to the site awhile back.

http://www.evansdale.govoffice.com/

thanks for the link hollyblue :)

I imagine we all discussed this way back in the initial days. But at that time I was like a bloodhound, on the scent, and the governmental municipal nuances didn't really hold much interest to me.

Perhaps they should have I am now wondering.

cindersoot, I have noticed how very close the two towns are and that prompts a question that you may be able to answer.

Did the two towns slowly grow closer to one another over time as they sprawled outward? If so, has there been any talk of annexing one into the other or them combining to become one township? As you say, they pretty much bleed into one another from the look of it.

Do they have separate city councils, agencies, etc or are some services combined like the school district thing because of the proximity?

Any other local who may know the answer is free to chime in as well. TIA
Regarding how the two ended up directly adjacent to each other, I asked that early on when our verified local Ollipop was around and he didn't know for sure. It's always been my guess that due to its industry, Waterloo is the city that did the expanding, not Evansdale, except insofar as it served as a bedroom community for Waterloo.

In Iowa, townships are pretty much for organizational purposes on the map. As far as the two city governments merging, that's probably not likely. Even in Des Moines, the capital with several suburbs of its own that are in much the same positions as Waterloo and Evansdale, efforts at streamlining and creating a unified metropolitan/county government have never gotten very far.

It's important to remember that public school districts are separate entities with their own sources of revenue.

Smock said police still receive about three to four leads a day. Those numbers spiked last month after the girls’ bodies were discovered.

Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers is offering a $150,000 reward for information leading to a conviction in the case. Late last year they raised another $20,500 for a separate reward to be given to anyone with information that results in an arrest.

Will that take another six months?

“I certainly hope not,” Smock said. “We do have some direction. We’re waiting on a lot of information to come back, continuing to follow up and not closing the door on any possibility. We’re not going to disregard anything.”

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...fter-girls-disappear?Frontpage&nclick_check=1

I wish we knew what the heck that meant.

So Smock is taking some action...hope he has more energy than Abben..

Love all folks in positions of action and responsibility...and energy counts...

Regarding how the two ended up directly adjacent to each other, I asked that early on when our verified local Ollipop was around and he didn't know for sure. It's always been my guess that due to its industry, Waterloo is the city that did the expanding, not Evansdale, except insofar as it served as a bedroom community for Waterloo.

In Iowa, townships are pretty much for organizational purposes on the map. As far as the two city governments merging, that's probably not likely. Even in Des Moines, the capital with several suburbs of its own that are in much the same positions as Waterloo and Evansdale, efforts at streamlining and creating a unified metropolitan/county government have never gotten very far.

It's important to remember that public school districts are separate entities with their own sources of revenue.

For those interested, I found a brief history on the incorporation of Evansdale.

thank you justamama. That actually was very interesting.

thank you justamama. That actually was very interesting.

Yes, thank you! It was very interesting. I cannot imagine holding any sort of meeting in an abandoned chicken house?! Just keep thinking there must have been a stench. The Elk Run Hotel sounds like it was the hot spot back in its day with a large ballroom. :great:

The farm buildings that were checked, were they anywhere on the route from the lake to seven bridges? Just curious.

I'll say no again, but.......

Guess who I ran into tonight? Yup. He mentioned the Vineyard Church there in Evansdale and how they had a free food giveaway from a refrigerated truck that fell over yesterday, or the day before. I forgot he goes there for the free meal and free food pantry. You get it if you listen to the sermon I believe. That must be why they questioned him. Heck, they probably questioned everyone that goes there on a regular basis for the free meal there, not just him. :waitasec:

I have often wondered and pondered over the fact it was in July , Friday the 13th this happened to the sweet girls . Who was not at work that day ? Who may have taken off early to do this horrible deed . I hope the LE checked that out . Friday during the day at the hours the girls went missing it a hard time to get off work with out notice. Then again if the girls were in the wrong spot at the wrong time . ;( I pray everyday for the girls that their abductor gets caught real soon and soon we will have a suspect that did the crime . It's true people do talk .Let's hope they talk a lot . Miss you Elizabeth & Lyric RIP We can't let this case ever go cold . We will have Justice for these girl's !

Yes..the guy police think killed the girls. That man is in jail right now. I get mixed up too with the little quotes people ask me to answer to. i don't know if they are reading too fast or skimming posts because lately I end up answering the same questions over and over. me posting on my phone last night really messed everyone up because my phone posts words i don't want it to type... sorry for that everyone.

Oh shoot I am way behind. Sorry to probably repeat questions but do you have a link or something? I'm sorry, I'm sure it is difficult on your phone...so if anyone else could help please do. I'm so confused.

The guy the police said they think did it is definitely IN jail now, and not getting out for at least 40 years no matter what anyway. :jail: Anybody else could be an accomplice I guess.

I'm confused, too. I looked through your past posts, Chelsea, but am not following . . . who, who, who? (Is there one of those fancy little emoticons for an owl?)

Heads up, everyone. I'm working on a new thread, and will close this one up when it opens. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Speaking of links, I see we're missing a few. Please take a minute to find them before you post again in the next thread. Just a general reminder for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877