IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Heather said in an interview that they purchased the puppy in Kansas & Elizabeth was all excited that they would go all the way down there to get the puppy.

Thank you so much. That is a long way to go to get a puppy. I know she loved him.

Awesome!!!!

It's so great that you have offered to be our direct line into the locals! Thank you so much! :great:

I would be asking everyone generally what they thought, and listening to gossip.

All though most of it is rubbish, there is almost always a kernal of truth somewhere.

It would be very interesting to confirm the fb rumour regarding the girls asking directions to the lake.

I'll keep my ears open, and ask around for this one!! :websleuther:

If I were I local and really interested in snooping, I'd probably start attending the same church as the Collins family. :blushing:

(FYI: We had an RSO attending my church for awhile.)

I actually did think about it....lol :giggle:

I'm not saying any of these people are anything other than salt of the earth, especially in this case where I think a lot of innocent people are being muddied) BUT -

people always say XYZ was a really good guy, until he up and kills his family or something equally horrific. :(

You just can't tell who's a genuine good guy, and who's a psycho playing a game. Sometimes even their spouses have no idea of their other side.

:cow:

I was actually thinking the same thing as I typed that. But, I just hate when good people are dragged through the mud. They aren't any more likely to run a pedo ring than any other Joe Blow on the street. The Bertches started Bertch cabinets from scratch, built the waterpark, and have taken considerable risk to do these things. When they are badmouthed, it just rubs me the wrong way. Especially for something so horrible and without merit.

I would be asking LE about the posters that were but up by volunteers, the ones that say "the girls were seen near the lake between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m."
Doe's the family make the posters or LE, did only one person see them or several? They don't have to give you names just tell you if the siting if fact or not. Thanks for asking this question.

You are very welcome, and I will ask. :)
http://www.evansdalesearch.com/

From the above link: 4:00 P.M. News Conference - The police have zero leads and are at a standstill. They will continue to drain Meyers Lake but no idea how long it will take. Several girls did come forth and witness seeing both girls that afternoon.
It doesn't say where several girls witnessed seeing the girls.. (Maybe the LE won't give that information out?) :waitasec: But here's a link with Rick Abben confirming that information, still he doesn't tell us who saw them. It must be important, private information, maybe they will use use them as witnesses in the future?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-missing-2-months-authorities-plead-for-help/
From the above link: “Today marks two months since the disappearance of 11-year-old Lyric Cook and 9-year-old Elizabeth Collins,” Rick Abben, chief deputy at the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office, said in a statement Thursday. “Both girls were last seen on July 13 at 12:15 p.m. riding their bicycles away from the Collins residence in Evansdale. We have information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert DR. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.”

Off Topic Update – but IMHO, very interesting none the less…

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...ls-daily-news-links?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001

Man Found Dead in Car Convicted of Sex Trafficking
Alison GowansJanuary 29, 2013
Daron Jungers, 42, the man found dead in a car in Cedar Falls last week, had been convicted of commercial sex trafficking, the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reported. He had been scheduled to appear in court the following day for a detention hearing. <snipped>

I think undercover LE should FILL backpage.com with ads and take these guys out one by one.

I'm not saying any of these people are anything other than salt of the earth, especially in this case where I think a lot of innocent people are being muddied) BUT -

people always say XYZ was a really good guy, until he up and kills his family or something equally horrific. :(

You just can't tell who's a genuine good guy, and who's a psycho playing a game. Sometimes even their spouses have no idea of their other side.

:cow:

Also, I think brilliant Ms. Gypsy has the family relationships messed up. If I remember right, Tammys father was a Bertch. Misty and Heather are her half sisters. Russell Bertch is her brother? Gypsy said that the Bertches are Tammys ex's relatives. Not true.

I have a couple different theories as who is responsible for what has happened to these two young girls.
I have been going back over interviews, news articles, etc. and I just can't help but think now that the girls being abducted on Friday, July 13th may have very well been done to make it appear it was related to other things happening at the time. This would take the spotlight off of some and put it right on others.
Most of the people who have been questioned, interrogated, interviewed etc. have been able to provide, at the least, somewhat of a timeline as to where they were and what they were doing. <modsnip>

I tell ya what...every day I find some article that boggles my mind as to what the hell is the truth in this case.:banghead:

http://ankeny.patch.com/articles/da...e-missing-cousins-of-evansdale#photo-12504522

Note...this article is from Dec 9, 2012.

A Summer Bike Ride

The girls left Elizabeth&#8217;s house in Evansdale early on July 13 for a bike ride on the warm summer day. Neighbors saw a familiar sight as the girls pedaled by and headed over to Meyers Lake. It wasn&#8217;t until hours later, when the girls didn&#8217;t return, that concern grew. A full-scale search ensued after a firefighter discovered the girls&#8217; bikes abandoned by the lake.

From this article it sounds like this was a common activity for the girls (to go to the lake)!! Yet, the family says they'd never go and likely didn't know the way.

And it also sounds like neighborS saw the girls pedal off.

But it could also mean that it's common to see the girls bike riding together.

How common would it be though if Lyric had only been going there for a week?

SBM
Authorities have received thousands of tips, and they are still searching the Seven Bridges woods for clues.

If they were still searching the woods for clues, does that mean they have no clear evidence at the immediate scene where the girls bodies were found? What makes them think they are going to find clues all over those woods?

I don't believe this person traipsed all over the woods at Seven Bridges. I think they got in and out as fast as possible to avoid any detection.

Could be the reporter exaggerated for the purpose of the article, but who knows.

I have always wanted to see this movie, but last week I lost my horse, he was old and I knew the time was soon but it still hurt like heck.

I'm so sorry Cinder :( - losing a pet is so difficult...they become true members of the family. Prayers to you - I'm sure you gave him the best possible life a horse could ever ask for. :)

Cinder, I am sooooo sorry to hear about your horse. :-( That makes me so sad.

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

I tell ya what...every day I find some article that boggles my mind as to what the hell is the truth in this case.:banghead:

http://ankeny.patch.com/articles/da...e-missing-cousins-of-evansdale#photo-12504522

Note...this article is from Dec 9, 2012.

A Summer Bike Ride

The girls left Elizabeth’s house in Evansdale early on July 13 for a bike ride on the warm summer day. Neighbors saw a familiar sight as the girls pedaled by and headed over to Meyers Lake. It wasn’t until hours later, when the girls didn’t return, that concern grew. A full-scale search ensued after a firefighter discovered the girls’ bikes abandoned by the lake.

From this article it sounds like this was a common activity for the girls (to go to the lake)!! Yet, the family says they'd never go and likely didn't know the way.

And it also sounds like neighborS saw the girls pedal off.

But it could also mean that it's common to see the girls bike riding together.

How common would it be though if Lyric had only been going there for a week?

SBM
Authorities have received thousands of tips, and they are still searching the Seven Bridges woods for clues.

If they were still searching the woods for clues, does that mean they have no clear evidence at the immediate scene where the girls bodies were found? What makes them think they are going to find clues all over those woods?

I don't believe this person traipsed all over the woods at Seven Bridges. I think they got in and out as fast as possible to avoid any detection.

Could be the reporter exaggerated for the purpose of the article, but who knows.

Threecrazykids, all I can say is that I hope the perp/s are more frustrated than we are. I mean, that is LE's point, right?

I need input from all of you!! :thewave:

Ok, if you were a local like me, or maybe you are a local, but just don't happen to be me, :giggle: what would you be asking other locals that could hopefully lead a path to finding out more about the case, and/or possibly finding the killer? :websleuther:

I'm pretty outgoing, so no question is off topic. I'll ask anybody anything pretty much. :woohoo:

Chels, this is a super fab idea, not to mention a generous one!

If I were a local, I would ask people if they happen to have any friends who were questioned by LE; and, if so, did the friend mention any of the questions LE asked?

Chels, this is a super fab idea, not to mention a generous one!

If I were a local, I would ask people if they happen to have any friends who were questioned by LE; and, if so, did the friend mention any of the questions LE asked?

I would really like to know that, too.

I think undercover LE should FILL backpage.com with ads and take these guys out one by one.

Just in case we take a vote on this, my vote is YESSSSSSS !!

I am always thrilled to see articles such as subj one which remind me that, unknown to general public, LE is busy working undercover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarleyMahem