IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From KCCI news today. The Linn county sheriffs office recieved a complaint of an attempted child abduction Tuesday afternoon. Two girls ages 10-12 say an older man and woman tried to lure them to their vehicle.

That's odd when we were just talking about it.

Ty, Squeeze, for coming up w/something new in this sad case.

I personally am not receiving this news graciously as I am a firm believer in NOT changing the history of an area on what I see as a current emotional whim/need.

And, let's admit, I'm additionally influenced by my personal opinion that these poor little girls did NOT ride their bikes to Meyers Lake that day...

What's everyone's opinion on this?

Just curious as it seems kind of premature to me especially since there has been no COD released and do we even know that the girls were at the lake for sure?? :waitasec:

BBM and Wow... thank you, NWLady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... and here I was thinking I would be the only one who saw it this way.

Thank you!

I like that it is called Angels' Park instead of using their names ala Jessica Ridgeway Park. I just feel like a park is for children, and they shouldn't have to be reminded (or find out about) about another child who was brutally murdered, kidnapped near that park, every time they go there. Plus Angels' Park can really apply to anyone who is no longer with us, instead of singling out one person who gets a park named after them.

(I was a bit nervous that they re-named it: "Cousins' Park")

BBM - Thank you for this... I totally agree!

And, IMHO, changing the name of the park is pre-mature.

I don't understand it either. :waitasec:

The only way I can understand it is to view it from an emotional "human nature" point of view" (which I, btw, personally consider to be both "short sighted" and pre-mature).

Even if one accepts that these (2) little girls were abducted from Meyers Lake, then why haven't we renamed every bridge in the world whereby someone has jumped to their death?????

I mean, really... how many of you believe we should have renamed every bridge???

:banghead: :banghead:

I need to see progress in this investigation or I am gonna scream.

If someone in local govt is suggesting it, it's probably because their constituents have asked them to.

I think it's a nice gesture but kind of creepy. That pathway will be considered "haunted" now it's renamed after the girls, especially by kids. It will possibly stop families from going there at least short term because it's just too uncomfortable and people go to parks to feel good, not bad.

I think I would've preferred to see an Angel fountain in the Lake or a lovely statue with a plaque (heck, a park bench somewhere even) but these things are expensive. Renaming the trail costs virtually nothing.

:cow:
I believe Casey's where Misty works is raising the money for a bench in memory of the girls for the park.

Donna Frickson of the Evansdale Chamber of Commerce said the Parks Board in Evansdale approved the re-naming of the park at Meyers Lake on Monday night. Frickson also said the trail around the park will now be called, "Trail of Angels," in memory of the girls.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20971014/2013/02/05/meyers-lake-renamed-in-memory-of-evansdale-cousins

I like that the park will be called "Trail of Angels" and anything to keep the girls' names in the news makes me happy. It makes me think of Lyric's and Elizabeth's bright, shining faces and tells me that the girls are at the forefront of this community's thoughts. If I was their mother I would call the lead investigator once a week at least even if it meant years. I would never give up that the killer would not be caught. Life would go on, but I could never be at peace until the killer was brought to justice.

Just thought I would post this for everyone - maybe look back over the prior ones and see if there is anything we missed.

http://www.bhcso.org/UserFiles/docs/Press_Cook_Collins.pdf

In this one, I find it interesting that not only are they looking for anyone who was in Evansdale between noon and 6pm:what: BUT it kind of clears up for me a bit on the timeline when this release states:

They were last seen riding their bicycles in Evansdale on Friday July 13th at
approximately 12:15 PM. IMO that is the video time. Why, if there were CONFIRMED sightings after this time wouldn't those be the "last seen" time? Why wouldn't they say "last seen at X time" instead of the video time?

Makes me wonder if ANYTHING after that video was ever 100% confirmed...

I'm off to look at earlier dates to see what else pops out at me.

Nothing like :deadhorse:

If someone in local govt is suggesting it, it's probably because their constituents have asked them to.

I think it's a nice gesture but kind of creepy. That pathway will be considered "haunted" now it's renamed after the girls, especially by kids. It will possibly stop families from going there at least short term because it's just too uncomfortable and people go to parks to feel good, not bad.

I think I would've preferred to see an Angel fountain in the Lake or a lovely statue with a plaque (heck, a park bench somewhere even) but these things are expensive. Renaming the trail costs virtually nothing.

:cow:

BBM - ITA !!

And, jumping off SS's post, I even went so far as suggesting (back when) that a proposed bench at Meyers Lake in our little girls' names was pre-mature.

For what it's worth, I well remember the reception that opinon generated... :)

Caveat: Please let us all remember that this is, IMHO, a discussion board...

Just thought I would post this for everyone - maybe look back over the prior ones and see if there is anything we missed.

In this one, I find it interesting that not only are they looking for anyone who was in Evansdale between noon and 6pm:what: BUT it kind of clears up for me a bit on the timeline when this release states:

approximately 12:15 PM. IMO that is the video time. Why, if there were CONFIRMED sightings after this time wouldn't those be the "last seen" time? Why wouldn't they say "last seen at X time" instead of the video time?

He is what chelsea posted on the last thread
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Whoops!! Guess I'm a little late!!

"Elderly couple", and the description .... Now that is interesting. Ill bet they get their suspects pretty quickly.

Ty, Squeeze, for coming up w/something new in this sad case.

I personally am not receiving this news graciously as I am a firm believer in NOT changing the history of an area on what I see as a current emotional whim/need.

And, let's admit, I'm additionally influenced by my personal opinion that these poor little girls did NOT ride their bikes to Meyers Lake that day...

I also don't think they made it to the lake, but it has still become a gathering place to honor them. And I don't think the park even had a name before. I think Angels Park is perfect.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Now let's throw this into the mix - it comes from the first paragraph of the article about renaming the park:

The cousins were last seen alive riding their bikes by Meyers Lake on July 13, 2012.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20971014/2013/02/05/meyers-lake-renamed-in-memory-of-evansdale-cousins

BBM

I wonder if this is Mr. C's sighting?:waitasec:

OT

These are the types of things we need to be seeing in the papers and on the news!!

Just not enough IMO, its not like everyone has the time to search down every fugitive or offender in their state or neighboring states that they might flee to! Why LE & FBI dont push things in the news on a continual basis is beyond me!

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=25820

AND

View Larger Cops released this new photo to AMW, after they learned Carroll had been hiding in Springfield, Mo. for the better part of a decade.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=25820

MOO
Artzy

From KCCI news today. The Linn county sheriffs office recieved a complaint of an attempted child abduction Tuesday afternoon. Two girls ages 10-12 say an older man and woman tried to lure them to their vehicle.

The same pair as last summer? At least they are consistent! :furious:

Dark blue sedan with rust on the side. What gets me is why in the hell do they wait till the next day to let the public know???

Not one word that I heard on KCRG. (Post above says it was on KWWL).

They dropped Operation Quickfind. What we need now is Operation Attempted ABDUCTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV