IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the video then lined it up with google maps. The old guy Takes them up the road to the left, stays left and goes up by a field. At the point where he points to where the bodies were found the river is to the RIGHT of where the bodies were. In real life the river was to the LEFT of where the bodies were. As you walk from where the police parked to where the bodies were found the river ran along their left side. The old man takes them clear north of where the bodies were found, even at the end of the tape the woman (presumably camera woman) says or maybe somewhere else. She obviously was not convinced that the old man was right. He had hunted the before the bodies were found with a buddy.

I'm sure the guy was just trying to be helpful and thought he knew where the bodies were found. But he didn't really have any thing to back up his claim.

Something's been circled, not sure by whom.

You can see the little dead end road I am talking about up to the left.

The old guy said it was just in there.

The road LE are on in the photo doesn't appear to me to be a "turnaround". It appears to be a definite maintained road that runs straight then stops dead. Just like the dead end road on the map.

The circled area just looks like a clearing. There is no maintained road visible.

If you've spent a lot of time driving around the bush you know that the local council go out there and regularly maintain roads. There is a difference in the appearance, one is graded and has a prepared surface and an informal track does not.

LE look like they're standing on a maintained road not a clearing.

In the clearing that is circled in that picture you can clearly see the road the police parked on.

Just for everybody's reference, I went and pulled links to some of the photos of the Seven Bridges scene from Amandareconwith's case archive. I didn't pull everything, just the ones that showed the location where LE was working. I also didn't include the ones that showed LE searching the roads and fields.

News helicopter view of the area where the trucks gathered -- the farthest point where a car or truck could drive:-
http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...y -IA-/121012confirmed.jpg.html?sort=6&o=112

I think this is near the entrance to the park:
http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...rissey -IA-/120712site.jpg.html?sort=6&o=123

Note the white marks at the very top right of this photo: http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...ssey -IA-/120612wapsi3.jpg.html?sort=6&o=150
Closer view of the white marks, which appear to be tarp or vinyl and are quite large.
http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...ssey -IA-/120612closer.jpg.html?sort=6&o=152
Another view: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/...- Lyric Cook-Morrissey -IA-/120612wapsi1.jpg
This one shows where the white marks are relative to the river: http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...ssey -IA-/120612wapsi5.jpg.html?sort=6&o=154

The above locations marked on an aerial view map by one of our members:
http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...rissey -IA-/7bridges11.jpg.html?sort=6&o=124

Thank you a million times. I was just going to go hunting for these. You are awesomesauce.

In the clearing that is circled in that picture you can clearly see the road the police parked on.

If you go to the next picture, a close up, you can clearly see the maintained road which goes straight then stops dead.

Just like the dead end road marked out on the map.

The "clearing" you are referring to is not a dead straight road, and is not maintained or it would be visible from above as maintenance includes clearing dangerous tree branches overhead.

Maintained roads don't just appear and disappear.

If you go to the next picture, a close up, you can clearly see the maintained road which goes straight then stops dead.

Just like the dead end road marked out on the map, the exact same angle alongside the river, the exact same curve of the river.

The "clearing" you are referring to is not a dead straight road, and is not maintained or it would be visible from above all year, as maintenance includes clearing dangerous tree branches overhead.

Maintained roads don't just appear and disappear. LE are on a maintained road with no overhead growth.

Just like the dead end road marked out on the map, the exact same angle alongside the river, the exact same curve of the river.

The "clearing" you are referring to is not a dead straight road, and is not maintained or it would be visible from above all year, as maintenance includes clearing dangerous tree branches overhead.

Maintained roads don't just appear and disappear. LE are on a maintained road with no overhead growth.

I think you may be applying a standard of road maintenance that doesn't exist in US farm country.

http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...rissey -IA-/7bridges11.jpg.html?sort=6&o=124

In this picture the road that heads north above the S is where the old guy takes the videographer. He is not on the road north of the K.

Sorry I can't edit pics on here. But in that video they park along that field the that you can see that is to the west of road. They walk in through there. The river at the point where he says the girls bodies were found, was to the right of them as they were walking. The river ran to the left of where the girls bodies were found.

It's understandable that the guy was confused, he saw a couple of ariel maps, he hunts out there and saw a bend in the river and just assumed he knew the spot. The lady in the video pointed out there was no tape or flags. But in pics that amanda posted in photobucket you can see there is clearly still crime scene tape laying on the ground, apparently left behind.

Hopefully when the weather clears up a local can go do a walk through video for us taking us to the correct location and see if that crime scene tape is still there. Have there been no flowers or memorial left where the bodies were found? I guess I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of marker left where their bodies were found.

I wonder how many times we have crossed paths driving around Evansdale looking for clues? :floorlaugh:

Probably at least once! I haven't been there in a while, but in the beginning....

I think you may be applying a standard of road maintenance that doesn't exist in US farm country.

So where did the overhead growth and the dead straight road disappear to?

The trees would still be right up in the informal turnaround, according to the photo. They almost obscure it from above in summer, so they would still exist in winter even if they are bare.

There are no trees in the spot LE is parked which match the canopy cover indicated on the map.

There is also no dead end road in that area.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

You can't see the road though.

This would indicate to me, it's the wrong spot. A road is pretty distinct on a map no matter how much undergrowth is around.

Which map are you referring to?

So where did the overhead growth and the dead straight road disappear to?

The trees would still be right up in the informal turnaround, according to the photo. They almost obscure it from above in summer, so they would still exist in winter even if they are bare.

There are no trees in the spot LE is parked which match the canopy cover indicated on the map.

There is also no dead end road in that area.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm clearly not looking at the same spot you are. I see plenty of trees.

I'm also not sure what this dead-straight road you keep referring to is.

Just like the dead end road marked out on the map.

The "clearing" you are referring to is not a dead straight road, and is not maintained or it would be visible from above as maintenance includes clearing dangerous tree branches overhead.

Maintained roads don't just appear and disappear.

There is a clearly marked road on the West side of 7 Bridges Park that leads to a house ... not a dead end road.

There is also no road next to the park on the 25 acre property.

The thread is really long, working on a new one. Will be closing this one shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV