IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T, Two attempted abductions happened in Fairfax per the fb for the girls. One was at Community College, a student who described the same older people with a rusted mazda or dark blue car. The woman was driving. The notice came from the campus officals. Not sure if MSM picked it up but it was before the two little girls were approached. Posted about 8 hours before the girls on fb yesterday. fwiw

I also don't think they made it to the lake, but it has still become a gathering place to honor them. And I don't think the park even had a name before. I think Angels Park is perfect.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I don't know if the girls made it to the lake or not, and I certainly don't believe it is where they were murdered. It is a nice gathering place to honor their memories and hopefully make the trail a "lighter" place.

Still praying the kidnapper (s) murderer is found and punished for taking these little girls lives.:please:

Ok, so if its true that there has been two more abduction attempts, then I think it's at least fair to kick this around a little in regards to our girls. We've all discussed how odd it was that they disappeared without any apparent struggle. Given the girls' close relationship with their grandmother, they may have a special love or respect for older people. I know my daughter does. We've lived with my parents since my daughter was born and stayed here with my father after my mother died of breast cancer in 2007. My daughter and her grandfather have a very close relationship, as he has helped raise her. She loves him to pieces. Because of this, she absolutely adores most all older people as well. I know we've talked here about how the term "stranger danger" isn't adequate anymore. Is it possible that this couple approached the girls and because of their older age they didn't raise any red flags with the girls? Also, I know the sighting where the girls asked directions to the lake was never confirmed for us but I could see them trying to be helpful and going in the store to ask directions for the couple. I don't know, just throwing things out there again.
This would go against my current theory a little but it's at least worth exploring on here.
Question for locals: it's warmed up here in the last week or so. Have temps eased up a bit in your neck of the woods, too? Older people are notorious for not being cold natured. Maybe they were keeping warm during their "cooling off period." They could have also switched vehicles.

Whoops!! Guess I'm a little late!!

"Elderly couple", and the description .... Now that is interesting. Ill bet they get their suspects pretty quickly.

I highly doubt it's an elderly couple. I have seen 20 yr. olds that look 50. Depends on their alcohol and drug usage.

Not one word that I heard on KCRG. (Post above says it was on KWWL).

They dropped Operation Quickfind. What we need now is Operation Attempted ABDUCTION!

I agree, because say on a Tuesday afternoon an attempted abduction is reported to the local LE, than not reported to the public till Weds. If the public knew that some perps were sighted trying to pick up kids, than the community would be vigilant.

But, the community not knowing, gives the perps a chance to abduct without notice. Things have got to change.

Question for locals: it's warmed up here in the last week or so. Have temps eased up a bit in your neck of the woods, too? Older people are notorious for not being cold natured. Maybe they were keeping warm during their "cooling off period." They could have also switched vehicles.

Yes, it's in the 30's now. :cool2: You're right older people seem more trustworthy, and the girls probably wouldn't think anything bad would happen. And yes, they could have switched vehicles. :yes:

I like that the park will be called "Trail of Angels" and anything to keep the girls' names in the news makes me happy. It makes me think of Lyric's and Elizabeth's bright, shining faces and tells me that the girls are at the forefront of this community's thoughts. If I was their mother I would call the lead investigator once a week at least even if it meant years. I would never give up that the killer would not be caught. Life would go on, but I could never be at peace until the killer was brought to justice.

It seems like naming a park after children that were abducted at the park is not only a fitting tribute, but a normal thing to do. It certainly goes a long way to making a statement that the abduction and murder of the children will never be forgotten by anyone (including investigators) in Evansdale. Maybe there will also be a community garden at the park like the garden planned for Jessica Ridgeway.

"Chelsea Park being re-named Jessica Ridgeway Memorial Park ...
The new Jessica Ridgeway Memorial Park sign has been installed! ... The park remodel will begin next year."

http://www.jessicaridgeway.com/2012/12/jessica-ridgway-memorial-park-sign-is-now-up/

This is what I wish the police would provide here:

http://content.met.police.uk/Event/...13927455/1257246745828?scope_id=1257246764348

Those Brits sure know how to go about solving crimes!! :websleuther:

The difference is that in that case, a suspect has been arrested.

"It is not allowed to discuss the details of the specific attacks for which a man has been charged as that would prejudice court proceedings; however, there will be an opportunity for the community to question the police and council on general safety issues that this case has brought to the attention of the public."

http://content.met.police.uk/Event/...13927455/1257246745828?scope_id=1257246764348

O/T Correction on my post about an abduction attempt at Community College. It's the name of the school district so it was not a seperate attempt. My apologies.

It seems like naming a park after children that were abducted at the park is not only a fitting tribute, but a normal thing to do. It certainly goes a long way to making a statement that the abduction and murder of the children will never be forgotten by anyone (including investigators) in Evansdale. Maybe there will also be a community garden at the park like the garden planned for Jessica Ridgeway.

"Chelsea Park being re-named Jessica Ridgeway Memorial Park ...
The new Jessica Ridgeway Memorial Park sign has been installed! ... The park remodel will begin next year."

http://www.jessicaridgeway.com/2012/12/jessica-ridgway-memorial-park-sign-is-now-up/

What other murdered children have parks named after them besides Jessica and Elizabeth and Lyric? Just thinking of high-profile child murder cases...Caylee, JonBenet, Jessica Lunsford, Carlie Brucia, Samantha Runnion, Polly Klaas, Danielle Van Dam...None of those girls have parks named after them. I don't think it's a normal thing to do, at all. I doubt any of those cases have been forgotten by their communities, despite not having a park named after the victim.

ETA: Oops, I see you meant naming a park after a child who was abducted at the park is a normal thing to do. My bad. I still don't know if I would call it normal though, but I don't know too many examples of children abducted at parks.

If the girls were seen cycling near the park at 12:30-ish and the cyclist was leaving the park along the same roads at 12:30-ish, it's surprising that he saw two bikes at the SE tip of the lake at about 12:20 or 12:27 but that he did not see the children ... just bad luck, I suppose.

Evansdale bike trails and cyclist's route.

evansdalebiketrails.jpg

The difference is that in that case, a suspect has been arrested.

"It is not allowed to discuss the details of the specific attacks for which a man has been charged as that would prejudice court proceedings however, there will be an opportunity for the community to question the police and council on general safety issues that this case has brought to the attention of the public."http://content.met.police.uk/Event/...13927455/1257246745828?scope_id=1257246764348

I realize that, Otto. :poke: :waiting: It's obvious in our case it would be changed from It is not allowed to discuss details of the specific attacks for which a man has been charged as that would prejudice court proceedings to It is not allowed to discuss (fill in the blank) I am referring to the BOLD type from above...this would be nice to see them provide.

What other murdered children have parks named after them besides Jessica and Elizabeth and Lyric? Just thinking of high-profile child murder cases...Caylee, JonBenet, Jessica Lunsford, Carlie Brucia, Samantha Runnion, Polly Klaas, Danielle Van Dam...None of those girls have parks named after them. I don't think it's a normal thing to do, at all. I doubt any of those cases have been forgotten by their communities, despite not having a park named after the victim.

ETA: Oops, I see you meant naming a park after a child who was abducted at the park is a normal thing to do. My bad. I still don't know if I would call it normal though, but I don't know too many examples of children abducted at parks.

Seeing two recent high profile cases where parks were renamed in memory of children abducted at the parks may be the new trend. I'm okay with it. Memorial benches are common, memorial trees and gardens are fairly common, so taking it one step further and renaming parks in memory of children last seen at the parks seems like a natural progression ... a fitting tribute. It may make a difference in terms of reminding children to be more conscientious of their safety at parks.

I realize that, Otto. It's obvious in our case it would be changed from It is not allowed to discuss details of the specific attacks for which a man has been charged as that would prejudice court proceedings to It is not allowed to discuss (fill in the blank) I am referring to the BOLD type from above...this would be nice to see them provide.

I understand that you're suggesting that police should hold a community meeting to remind everyone to lock their doors, tend to their children and be aware of the fact that the world is not one big happy place filled with good people. Like the meeting that you linked, nothing about the abduction of the children, or the ensuing investigation, can be discussed.

Public safety is an important issue and, if the people of Evansdale want that sort of community meeting, I see no reason not to organize it and request that a spokesperson from the police department speak about public safety. Sounds like a great idea. The local community association would probably be the best contact for that sort of meeting.

I understand that you're suggesting that police should hold a community meeting to remind everyone to lock their doors, tend to their children and be aware of the fact that the world is not one big happy place filled with good people. Like the meeting that you linked, nothing about the abduction of the children, or the ensuing investigation, can be discussed.

Public safety is an important issue and, if the people of Evansdale want that sort of community meeting, I see no reason not to organize it and request that a spokesperson from the police department speak about public safety. Sounds like a great idea. The local community association would probably be the best contact for that sort of meeting.

Good idea! Maybe the police that show up would be more likely to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV