IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Evansdale last August and rode my bike from Collins house to Lafayette street to the bike trail straight to the back side of the lake where the bikes were found in 9 minutes. I'm middle aged and not a youngster.

But did you also get off your bike and walk to the water's edge and then walk back to your bike in that time? The dogs followed the girls' scent to the edge of the the lake. I think that means the girls were at the edge of the lake. Even if the cyclist passed the bikes moments after the girls were forced or coerced into a vehicle and driven away, I think the timeline is too tight. I think the girls absolutely had to be at the lake that day. How often do dogs make up scents?

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that someone injected themselves into a crminal investigation.

I have suspicions that, for whatever reason, our cyclist is full of it. I think he was on the trail and did pass the the site where the bikes were found. I think he came through before the bikes were there though. I don't think he saw anything at all. I think he wished he saw something. I think after he heard a few facts he realized how close he might have been to seeing something. I think he felt a need to be involved so he made the bike sighting up. He probably thought it wouldn't really matter - that he wasn't reporting anything extraordinary. LE already knew the bikes were there close to that time.

It makes the timeline way too tight. It doesn't fit. I don't buy it.

But did you also get off your bike and walk to the water's edge and then walk back to your bike in that time? The dogs followed the girls' scent to the edge of the the lake. I think that means the girls were at the edge of the lake. Even if the cyclist passed the bikes moments after the girls were forced or coerced into a vehicle and driven away, I think the timeline is too tight. I think the girls absolutely had to be at the lake that day. How often do dogs make up scents?

I have suspicions that, for whatever reason, our cyclist is full of it. I think he was on the trail and did pass the the site where the bikes were found. I think he came through before the bikes were there though. I don't think he saw anything at all. I think he wished he saw something. I think after he heard a few facts he realized how close he might have been to seeing something. I think he felt a need to be involved so he made the bike sighting up. He probably thought it wouldn't really matter - that he wasn't reporting anything extraordinary. LE already knew the bikes were there close to that time.

I'm curious about when he first mentioned swerving around the bikes ... whether it was during the phone call at 12:28 with his daughter, or whether it was later.

I'm curious about when he first mentioned that he saw the bikes ... whether it was during the phone call at 12:28 with his daughter, or whether it was later.

Even if he really did see the bikes, I doubt he would have mentioned in his phone call to his daughter. What would be significant about that? Kids leave their bikes places all the time.

Suggested what ... that it was very hot, very humid, very muggy and too uncomfortable for anyone to be outside? I've read that often on this forum ... to the point where I thought it important to check the facts.

The fact is, that a 90 degree heat index (83 degrees & 74% avg humidity) means this girl from Nebraska stays indoors! Plus I don't like to get sunburned and bit by mosquitoes. :moo:

Even if he really did see the bikes, I doubt he would have mentioned in his phone call to his daughter. What would be significant about that? Kids leave their bikes places all the time.

Mentioning swerving around two bikes at the SE tip of the lake to his daughter during their phone call at 12:28, right near the spot where the bikes eventually found, would be significant. It would mean one of two things ... two other children's bikes were at that location at 12:20, or it was an amazing premonition.

Mentioning swerving around two bikes at the SE tip of the lake to his daughter during their phone call at 12:28, right near the spot where the bikes eventually found, would be significant. It would mean one of two things ... two other children's bikes were at that location at 12:20, or it was an amazing premonition.

I understand that any mention of the bike during the phone call would be significant. That would completely verify his story. I just doubt that he would mention the bikes during his phone call even if he really did see them. If I was cycling down a path and had to swerve around two bikes, I would not make mention of it in a phone call I placed minutes later. There wouldn't have been anything significant about the bikes. Kids leave bikes lying around all the time. The bikes didn't become significant to him until he heard of the girls' disappearance. The fact that they found their bikes at the lake was all over the news by that evening.

We live on a street with lots of kids. They run rampant through all the yards. Last Spring a bike was left in our front yard for days. We had no idea who owned the bike. Never once was I concerned about it. Never once did I mention it to anyone. I did complain to my husband that it was annoying me after a couple of days, but then it disappeared. Kids really do leave their bikes all over the place.

I understand that any mention of the bike during the phone call would be significant. That would completely verify his story. I just doubt that he would mention the bikes during his phone call even if he really did see them. If I was cycling down a path and had to swerve around two bikes, I would not make mention of it in a phone call I placed minutes later. There wouldn't have been anything significant about the bikes. Kids leave bikes lying around all the time. The bikes didn't become significant to him until he heard of the girls' disappearance. The fact that they found their bikes at the lake was all over the news by that evening.

We live on a street with lots of kids. They run rampant through all the yards. Last Spring a bike was left in our front yard for days. We had no idea who owned the bike. Never once was I concerned about it. Never once did I mention it to anyone. I did complain to my husband that it was annoying me after a couple of days, but then it disappeared. Kids really do leave their bikes all over the place.

I think the point here, is that the cyclist claimed (if I'm correct) to have told his daughter about the bikes during his phone call to his daughter at 12:28.

If the girls didn't reach the area of the lake until between 12:30-1:00 (per police timeline) his swerving of the bikes at 12:20 (with the girls seen on Brovan within 1 minute of this time) would make it impossible for the bikes to be the girls.

This timeline is going to be the death of me.:banghead:

I think the point here, is that the cyclist claimed (if I'm correct) to have told his daughter about the bikes during his phone call to his daughter at 12:28.

If the girls didn't reach the area of the lake until between 12:30-1:00 (per police timeline) his swerving of the bikes at 12:20 (with the girls seen on Brovan within 1 minute of this time) would make it impossible for the bikes to be the girls.

I don't believe for a second that there were two other bikes there before the girls came through with their bikes. I think the cyclist is full of it.

IIRC, he simply made a call to his daughter, hence the time stamp per the call.
I don't think he mentioned the bikes during the call.

I'm curious about when he first mentioned swerving around the bikes ... whether it was during the phone call at 12:28 with his daughter, or whether it was later.

It was later - he didn't mention the bikes to his daughter during the 12:28 phone call. The only reason the phone call was mentioned is that TG used the time of the phone call to extrapolate when he supposedly saw the two bikes.

It was later - he didn't mention the bikes to his daughter during the 12:28 phone call. The only reason the phone call was mentioned is that TG used the time of the phone call to extrapolate when he supposedly saw the two bikes.

Ok...my error...I thought it was said that he told his daughter about the bikes being on the path in the initial call....sorry about that.

Additionally, TG did not even know two little girls were missing when he saw/swerved around two bikes, so at that time, it would not have been anything relevant at the time he swerved. IMO

Great Q, IMHO, perhaps we can get him to come back onbrd to answer it!

temperature, dewpoint, and rainfall are all very measurable.

A person's reaction to and feeling about how hot or humid a day is is subjective and tied directly to that person's tolerance or liking of same.

What seems normal or not terribly hot and humid may feel unbearable to another.

Given those facts I fail to see how debating a third party's recollection of how they felt about the weather in Evansdale on July 13, 2012 accomplishes anything except being argumentative.

MOO

Very true, ....the only point I can make on that subject is I'm hoping it was sooo hot for the perp that he shed tons of skin cells on the girls cloths.

Yes I did.

:toastred: It's posts like this that keep me coming back for more...

Additionally, TG did not even know two little girls were missing when he saw/swerved around two bikes, so at that time, it would not have been anything relevant at the time he swerved. IMO

Sorry Ashley, I didn't mean to repeat what you just said, I just missed it!:blushing:

Jumping off your post:

Thank you, I was thinking that way also. Just a thought here don't even know its possible. What if the girls got to the lake, before 12:20, laid their bikes down, went into the woods, adult riding his bike does not see girls if they are in the woods and swerves his bike around the their bikes. Girls come out of the woods and decide to ride back down the street, seen between 12:30 and 1:00, that's a half hour time frame. Then for whatever reason they decide to go back in the park again, maybe Elizabeth remembered she forgot her purse, or maybe someone asked them to help them look for something? Just some random thoughts here don't even know if its possible, trying like heck to get the time line to come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member