IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all cases the timeline is so important, and the timeline in this case is so insane. What day did Mr.P come forward with his camera evidence?

IIRC, July 16, 2012.

Wondering why, if a person has a VSC that is focused on the very street
one of the girls lived on, you would wait three days to come forward with it.

This has always puzzled me, as imo, it would be the first thing you would think of (to check the VSC), and call authorities immediately.

Paraphrasing: JP stated ... will it lead to a conviction ... probably not.

How does JP know? At that point in time, how would JP know what LE were looking into on Brovan Blvd.

Not trying to bash JP, good for him, he alerted LE regarding the video, but imo, some of his comments were strange (for lack of a better word).

JUST IMO

They need to find the killer or killers first before any child or person will feel safe in that park again or at Seven Bridges. They can make all the beatifications they want to the park, but it isn't going to change the fact that they have a killer or killers out there that can strike again. Maybe they ought to devote their efforts and energy to finding out who did this rather than having another fund raiser.

It's a case of the cart BEFORE the horse. :moo::moo::moo:

Where is the intensity to find the girls' killer(s)?

No one employed by the police department has time to read what is written here. If they did, this is how it would play out ... hypothetically

Police: people on the forums really want us to release some information. Let's give them an update on the time line and let them know that the family is not considered suspects so they can get past the cyclist's story and leave the family alone.

July: police release statement that family is not considered suspects
September: police release information about timeline that confirms cyclist story is unrelated to missing children

End result: nothing changes in the forums ... people discussing case find reasons to ignore police statements (eg: not considered a suspect isn't good enough, the cyclist's story must be related to the missing children simply because)

Police don't have time for that.

There are many, many cases posted on WS, all together there are probably thousands of LE who have worked on WS cases, and I don't buy that none of them have read about their case online. I don't see why you are saying LE doesn't have time to read online about a case; Most cases don't have LE working 24/7 on them past the first week or two, if at all. Many LE use Twitter and FB to communicate, and I'm not sure why the person who runs those accounts couldn't also read what people are saying online. Heck, even just curiosity might cause them to google their assigned case.

And no, I don't believe that LE would ever release information to satisfy people online. I would say that people online would put zero pressure on LE because LE just has to not google the case, and there goes any pressure. It's easy to escape from.

I would like to share with you the email I recieved today from Tony Thompson responding to my email to him last Saturday.

Sorry D...rah...I completely understand the frustration and the "need" for information. I have the same "need" to ensure that this investigation is not compromised by giving out information that would jeopardize the effective pursuit, apprehension and conviction of the person/s responsible. I can tell you that we continue to pursue leads and conduct interviews and searchs......in fact, these efforts continue every day with new details presenting themselves.

If that little bit of information is enough to keep you motivated and helps to ensure that we are working, I pledge to you nothing but our genuine best efforts everyday. We are committed to ensuring justice in this case, and it is for this very reason that you won't hear a lot from us. I further assure you that everyone has been so helpful, if/when we have details that could be consumed publicly with even a slight hint of furthering a lead by releasing it, we will certainly will do just that. Tony

I would like to share with you the email I recieved today from Tony Thompson responding to my email to him last Saturday.

Sorry D...rah...I completely understand the frustration and the "need" for information. I have the same "need" to ensure that this investigation is not compromised by giving out information that would jeopardize the effective pursuit, apprehension and conviction of the person/s responsible. I can tell you that we continue to pursue leads and conduct interviews and searchs......in fact, these efforts continue every day with new details presenting themselves.

If that little bit of information is enough to keep you motivated and helps to ensure that we are working, I pledge to you nothing but our genuine best efforts everyday. We are committed to ensuring justice in this case, and it is for this very reason that you won't hear a lot from us. I further assure you that everyone has been so helpful, if/when we have details that could be consumed publicly with even a slight hint of furthering a lead by releasing it, we will certainly will do just that. Tony

Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

To my bolded...it sounds like they have nothing else to release that would generate any more leads from the public. Kind of disappointing. :(

I am a lurker...been reading here for quite a while. I found this site by googleing the girls because of lack of “conversations/posts” on newspaper/TV News stories.

I live in Waterloo, just north of Evansdale, I drive through Evansdale everyday to get to work.

FYI, I have a theory or two, I just don’t think I am able to discuss it here due to TOS. Also I’ll just be honest....I don’t KNOW what happened.

I will say that I find it hard to believe that I can not really recall an abduction recently of 1 child, and I think it would be difficult that a first time abductor would take two. I do think the abductor is local, as a person passing through would probably not be familiar with 7 bridges.

From some of the comments, it appears that some people believe that this crime is a result of a message/retaliation connected with Lyric’s parents and their drug habit/people they may be associated with. For some of the reasons people oppose this is because, wouldn’t they leave the bodies somewhere so they are found sooner, why take them 20 miles away, etc.

What if...maybe the took the girls as a message, but did not think that it would escalate the way it did, that fast. Maybe the abductor(s) didn’t think that some of the particular family members would not want to contact the police....

Once it became so big the only saw one way out, unfortunately.

Like I said....I have a few theories ...but I go back a forth a lot.

I am a lurker...been reading here for quite a while. I found this site by googleing the girls because of lack of “conversations/posts” on newspaper/TV News stories.

I live in Waterloo, just north of Evansdale, I drive through Evansdale everyday to get to work.

FYI, I have a theory or two, I just don’t think I am able to discuss it here due to TOS. Also I’ll just be honest....I don’t KNOW what happened.

I will say that I find it hard to believe that I can not really recall an abduction recently of 1 child, and I think it would be difficult that a first time abductor would take two. I do think the abductor is local, as a person passing through would probably not be familiar with 7 bridges.

From some of the comments, it appears that some people believe that this crime is a result of a message/retaliation connected with Lyric’s parents and their drug habit/people they may be associated with. For some of the reasons people oppose this is because, wouldn’t they leave the bodies somewhere so they are found sooner, why take them 20 miles away, etc.

What if...maybe the took the girls as a message, but did not think that it would escalate the way it did, that fast. Maybe the abductor(s) didn’t think that some of the particular family members would not want to contact the police....

Once it became so big the only saw one way out, unfortunately.

Like I said....I have a few theories ...but I go back a forth a lot.

Welcome, it's always nice to have fresh insight.

BBM... in order to make this email update stand out.

Thank you so much for obtaining and sharing this update !!

Underlined BM - Now that's the kind of thing I've been wanting to hear from LE. :)

<snipped>

I have the same "need" to ensure that this investigation is not compromised by giving out information that would jeopardize the effective pursuit, apprehension and conviction of the person/s responsible.

This choice of wording tells me, IMO, that the suspect is not in custody. Note that he didn't use any words indicating "figuring out" or "discovering who did this," he only used the words "pursuit" and "apprehension". This tells me they know the "who" but maybe not the "where" and/or the evidence to prove the "how" and "why". That's why they can't release anything. If the suspect was in custody, they would have no flight risk and could ask people for info about that specific person without the fear they would run. But, again IMO, they don't want to tip their hand and risk the suspect moving locations.

JMO

This choice of wording tells me, IMO, that the suspect is not in custody. Note that he didn't use any words indicating "figuring out" or "discovering who did this," he only used the words "pursuit" and "apprehension". This tells me they know the "who" but not the "where."

JMO

I noticed that. I have reread this letter many times trying to decode it's wording.

This choice of wording tells me, IMO, that the suspect is not in custody. Note that he didn't use any words indicating "figuring out" or "discovering who did this," he only used the words "pursuit" and "apprehension". This tells me they know the "who" but maybe not the "where" and/or the evidence to prove the "how" and "why". That's why they can't release anything. If the suspect was in custody, they would have no flight risk and could ask people for info about that specific person without the fear they would run. But, again IMO, they don't want to tip their hand and risk the suspect moving locations.

JMO

This could also indicate why TG is not being recognized by LE since his name is out there (and also Mr. C) as his sighting between 1 and 3 isn't included either.

Maybe they know this person is capable of killing others and won't do anything to compromise their safety.:waitasec:

We see many comments on this thread from people that want more information from the police. Police have said that they have information that the girls at Brovan at 12:15 and 12;23, and that they were at the entrance to the park parking lot, along Gilbert and near Arbutus between 12:30 and 1:00. We also have information from police stating that a jogger saw the bikes at the gate at 2:00.

It makes sense to accept this information ... so it's pretty much impossible to believe that the bikes were at the SE tip of Meyers Lake when police have said that the bikes were with the girls somewhere else.

I don't recall LE saying the girls AND their bikes were seen between 12:30 and 1:00 . Iirc only the girls were mentioned.

I know that in the beginning of the investigation there was talk of having a medium come in. I don't really believe in that stuff, but I'm kinda interested if they did had one and what they said.

On Dr. Phil today, he is talking about kids meeting perps on the internet.

I don't recall LE saying the girls AND their bikes were seen between 12:30 and 1:00 . Iirc only the girls were mentioned.

Yes exactly. They stated that the girls were last seen riding their bikes on brovan and they have information stating that the girls were seen on gilbert from 12:30-1p

Since they were so specific about the bikes and the brovan sighting, why not the gilbert sighting?

That with the Abben's statement that finding the bikes at the lake does not prove the girls were at the lake.

They must really believe and have full proof that the girls were at the lake or I wouldn't think they would erect a gazebo in their names.

Yes exactly. They stated that the girls were last seen riding their bikes on brovan and they have information stating that the girls were seen on gilbert from 12:30-1p
Since they were so specific about the bikes and the brovan sighting, why not the gilbert sighting?

That with the Abben's statement that finding the bikes at the lake does not prove the girls were at the lake.

Maybe a video captured them in a vehicle? Or maybe even them walking somewhere? Is there anywhere in that area that could possibly have a camera that could have captured them?

Nothing says they had to be on their bikes just because they were at the lake parking lot.

:waitasec:

We have to remember we are going on what little we know, I'm sure there is so much we don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett