Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU!!!!!!

I really wish I could give details and examples, but I can't. There are trials coming up, and even after the trials, there is still a REAL concern for the safety of relatives and close friends of "the witness". I will say that when my relative reported findings to LE, they did not know the extent, dynamics, or extenuating circumstances of what they witnessed. They were just doing what every law-abiding good citizen does, which is report their findings to LE and help a person in need!

I am in no way implying that any of what I have said pertaining to my personal experience is occuring with the murdered girls. While there are a few similarities, there are many differences. I am just pointing out what people are stating DOES NOT happen, actually can and did happen in my relative's case!

Let me see if I understand the analogy. Did this relative provide a tip pertaining to the whereabouts of a missing person prior to an abduction, did this tip have no connection to the perp, did this tip result in failure to identify the perp, did this tip result in failure to identify the location of the victim, and did this tip fail to solve the crime?

If not, then it sounds like an entirely different set of circumstances.

BBM

That is simply not true. There is no question that the disappearance was immediately considered suspicious.

Friday, July 13, 2012

7 p.m., Iowa State Patrol airplane with forward-looking infrared joins the search. Authorities begin interviewing local people listed on the state Sex Offender Registry.

8 p.m., Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children notified. FBI brought in. STAR-1, an Iowa search and rescue group, is contacted.

8:30 p.m., NCMEC begins emailing and faxing photos and descriptions of the girls to truck stops, stores and public places within a 100 mile radius of Evansdale.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...tml_c8ef29ca-d077-11e1-8635-001a4bcf887a.html

Regarding personal stories, I would like to know all of the facts before believing that police "doctor" the day of disappearance timelines for kidnapped persons.

Who said they did this?

I haven't seen any posts accusing LE of "doctoring" the timelines of the day of the kidnapping or the timelines for the kidnapped children regarding this case.

In fact, it appears that most posters (me included) agree with your time lines (from LE statements), maps, etc.

“I feel like I’m in here for a Class A murderer,” Morrissey said.

Was this a mis-print?
Why would he be there for a "murderer"??????????????
Is he taking the rap for someone else, who is the "murderer"?
Did he mean to say "murder", indicating he feels like his charges and pending sentence is as severe as someone who comitted murder?

Am I just nit picking his statement?

I think this is the WCF Courier's reporting at it's finest again.

I'd bet my house on it that he SAID "murder"...and they reported it as "murderer".

Oh, whoops...our error. Riiiiigggght.:furious:

They also had to throw in:
“I’m tired of fighting ... I just want to take responsibility for what I’ve done,” said Morrissey, who is the father of Lyric Cook-Morrissey, who disappeared in July and was found dead in December with her cousin Elizabeth Collins.

Not just Dan Morrissey - who notibly has been charged in the past with MULTIPLE drug charges.

This paper can't print a report without finding SOME way, shape, or form to associate, and almost implicate the parents in these girls abduction.

There isn't a person in the Cedar Valley who doesn't know who Dan Morrissey is.

265 years for drug charges? Wow, is that normal?

That would be the max if they ran concurrent. It's several felonies he's facing. The article also states he could be released with only probation as well...I believe it's the last sentence in the article.

I got to thinking that the killer is probably not feeling too much empathy, especially for Lyric. He might think he helped her not have to live a life around drugs. Because of her father.

Who said they did this?

I haven't seen any posts accusing LE of "doctoring" the timelines of the day of the kidnapping or the timelines for the kidnapped children regarding this case.

In fact, it appears that most posters (me included) agree with your time lines (from LE statements), maps, etc.

We are discussing timelines and whether police have monkeyed with the timeline information to protect witnesses (in case their lives are threatened) that reported seeing the children prior to the abduction.

Post # 1411:

"We also have a poster here who shared her first hand experience with LE tactics in an investigation, confirming that they [police] do indeed doctor the information they release."

265 years for drug charges? Wow, is that normal?

The judge must believe that he will live to be a very, very old man.

ETA: ... so that's just the possible ... thank goodness. I think it's nuts to put someone in jail for the rest of his/her life because of a serious drug problem.

Let me see if I understand the analogy. Did this relative provide a tip pertaining to the whereabouts of a missing person prior to an abduction, did this tip have no connection to the perp, did this tip result in failure to identify the perp, did this tip result in failure to identify the location of the victim, and did this tip fail to solve the crime?

If not, then it sounds like an entirely different set of circumstances.

Let me answer all of those questions with one answer...The entire story and role my relative had as a "witness" has not been made public, nor has my relative's identity been released publically. During the trial is when it will be revealed what my relative saw and heard and their identity. This testimony will be much different and more extensive than what has been released through the media or by LE. This has been done to protect the integrity of the investigation and prosecution as well as the safety of my relative.

Sorry I can't answer your questions directly. And I agree, they are an entirely different set of circumstances with a few possible similarities however.

Let me answer all of those questions with one answer...The entire story and role my relative had as a "witness" has not been made public, nor has my relative's identity been released publically. During the trial is when it will be revealed what my relative saw and heard and their identity. This testimony will be much different and more extensive than what has been released through the media or by LE. This has been done to protect the integrity of the investigation and prosecution as well as the safety of my relative.

Sorry I can't answer your questions directly. And I agree, they are an entirely different set of circumstances with a few possible similarities however.

Police do release false information to draw out guilty people, but it would be counter-productive to release false information about the timeline of a missing person prior to the disappearance.

We are discussing timelines and whether police have monkeyed with the timeline information to protect witnesses (in case their lives are threatened) that reported seeing the children prior to the abduction.

Post # 1411:

"We also have a poster here who shared her first hand experience with LE tactics in an investigation, confirming that they [police] do indeed doctor the information they release."

That I will agree with, based on my personal experience, but not directly related to this case and definately not pertaining to the timeline of this case!

I got to thinking that the killer is probably not feeling too much empathy, especially for Lyric. He might think he helped her not have to live a life around drugs. Because of her father.

I understand what you're saying...but in all fairness, that poor little girl couldn't visit hardly anyone in her immediate OR extended family without being around drugs. :( Very sad situation all around.

Police do release false information to draw out guilty people, but it would be counter-productive to release false information about the timeline of a missing person prior to the disappearance.

I agree. This scenario doesn't fit into my relative's situation. The victim was kidnapped and murdered without being reported missing. I believe there is a timeline of the victim's activity prior to the crime (with connection to the suspects), but it has not been made public by LE (in my relative's case).

Was this a mis-print?
Did he mean to say "murder", indicating he feels like his charges and pending sentence is as severe as someone who comitted murder?

That jumped out at me too, then i thought maybe a typo?

I haven't been on here for years so I am catching up. Was on another site but I just can't take the horrible things being said and speculated about the family. Needed a break and some new perspective than the same 6 posters with the theory du jour and no evidence whatsoever. Sorry for the rant!

:welcomeback:

Was this a mis-print?

I think your last statement is what he meant.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I'm finding myself watching true crime movies a lot lately.

I used to watch them more than I do now. I think this does it for me, somewhat. My husband rolls his eyes when I watch The First 48!! Actually the narrator puts me to sleep!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That jumped out at me too, then i thought maybe a typo?

I suspect he said "I feel like I am in here for a Class A Murder" and the reporter either misheard, or it was a screwup missed in editing (most likely to me)

Point being he feels as if his sentence is unusually heavy, like the sentence someone who had committed murder would get.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member