Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what they've told Heather.

“They have talked that they are looking for some people, but they can't give us the exact, because they don't want to leak anything out. But there are people that they are looking at,” said Collins.

Also, it seems as though Abben is frustrated with the lack of information they are getting -

“For no one to not see anything, it's very frustrating,” said Abben

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...17814122/-/12p6p9g/-/index.html#ixzz2MtTqMWTd

:cow:

I keep expecting to see cindersoot or TCK here:

I Solved a Murder

1000509261001_2161089671001_BIO-I-Solved-a-Murder-0-I-Solved-a-Murder-Episode-0-Preview-Clip-SF-small.jpg

I Solved a Murder is a breathtaking new series about regular people who have gone to extraordinary lengths to solve violent crimes. Dramatic re-creations and first-person accounts tell the captivating stories of these everyday heroes and their determination to discover the truth.

I haven't heard of this. Perhaps I should my check my local listings!

Are you referring to TG? Wasn't it determined that the street itself is actually private property? Cuz he pays to have the street plowed?

We pay taxes (property taxes/real estate taxes) on our property clear to the middle of the highway in front of our house, so does that mean we have say of who drives down the highway, and does anyone but us mow and maintain the grass, weeds etc from the middle of the highway back to where our actual lawn/grass starts?? The answers to both of those questions is NO! :rocker:

The link I provided is a link to a personal email recieved by a Verified Insider, Skylar, TG's daughter.

If you do a search of all of her posts you see that she is quite genuine, as is her father, and also very regretful for ever getting tangled up in this in the first place.

I understand that you can't get past the "official document" you have, and don't believe a word either TG or his daughter says, but I do. It's fine if we disagree.

Elaboration from Skylar on the source of the email -

The email came after I went and personally talked to him about helping with all the accusations online about my dad. He was never short with me, he actually gave me all the time I needed to discuss it, he mentioned timing can be off for so many reasons, from a person remembering a tv show being on at that time, or a videos time being off, he says there could be many reasons.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

:banghead:

I don't think two threads separating those who feel one way from those who feel another is the answer. That would be pretty boring, everyone sitting round their respective threads patting one another on the back for being the smart, logical ones and implying the other thread occupants are less intelligent, etc.

JK two threads as described would never be allowed, nor should they be.

We might need an emotional toll thread tho. Or maybe a :banghead: timeout thread where people can go to :banghead: when frustrated by this case or the posters whose opinions differ.

I keep coming to this thread because I refuse to give up on justice for our girls but I cringe everytime I visit to check for updates because the same old right fighting continues to dominate.

I don't know which is worse, a thread that falls of the front page list due to lack of posting or one that stays on page one simply because all that is going on is the same stupid arguments over and over and over.

I myself have fallen victim to the urge to indulge in right fighting in this thread. I don't like how it feels.

that is simply my :twocents:

We pay taxes (property taxes/real estate taxes) on our property clear to the middle of the highway in front of our house, so does that mean we have say of who drives down the highway, and does anyone but us mow and maintain the grass, weeds etc from the middle of the highway back to where our actual lawn/grass starts?? The answers to both of those questions is NO! :rocker:

We have a similar system here, strata title, where the owners of the houses in a cul de sac or apartment building also own and share responsibility for the private road that leads up to it. My own brother tried to organise his neighbours into replacing a fence they all shared, it took months for everyone to agree on what sort! :p

This is what TG is referring to - a private road owned and paid for by those who reside there.

Apparently someone came onto this private land right up to his gateway and began taking photos.

I don't think two threads separating those who feel one way from those who feel another is the answer. That would be pretty boring, everyone sitting round their respective threads patting one another on the back for being the smart, logical ones and implying the other thread occupants are less intelligent, etc.

JK two threads as described would never be allowed, nor should they be.

We might need an emotional toll thread tho. Or maybe a :banghead: timeout thread where people can go to :banghead: when frustrated by this case or the posters whose opinions differ.

I keep coming to this thread because I refuse to give up on justice for our girls but I cringe everytime I visit to check for updates because the same old right fighting continues to dominate.

I don't know which is worse, a thread that falls of the front page list due to lack of posting or one that stays on page one simply because all that is going on is the same stupid arguments over and over and over.

I myself have fallen victim to the urge to indulge in right fighting in this thread. I don't like how it feels.

that is simply my :twocents:

I'm trying to eradicate the bickering over the timelines/witnesses because it's something that is black and white and indisputable.

Snarking about unconfirmed sightings and witnesses is not helpful. We really can only rely on what's come out of the horse's mouth, and by horse I refer to Tony Thompson, Deputy Abben and Kent Smock.

I understand SS, but Otto is equally entrenched in his own reasoning for why he is so adamant in his stance regarding the timeline.

MOO no agreement or consensus will be reached but it is not for me to tell anyone how to post or what about. I was just sharing my own viewpoint on this thread in general and the divisiveness I have noted becoming more pronounced as the months continue to pass.

I'm trying to eradicate the bickering over the timelines/witnesses because it's something that is black and white and indisputable.

Snarking about unconfirmed sightings and witnesses is not helpful. We really can only rely on what's come out of the horse's mouth, and by horse I refer to Tony Thompson, Deputy Abben and Kent Smock.

What is "black and white and indisputable" to you may not appear so to others.

IMO, the only black/white/indisputable thing is Lizzie and Lyric were abducted and killed.

I understand SS, but Otto is equally entrenched in his own reasoning for why he is so adamant in his stance regarding the timeline.

MOO no agreement or consensus will be reached but it is not for me to tell anyone how to post or what about. I was just sharing my own viewpoint on this thread in general and the divisiveness I have noted becoming more pronounced as the months continue to pass.

Thanks for your usual clear perspective.

No one is going to be able to "out-argue" someone whose opinion is unshakable. Presenting a differing viewpoint is fine, but trying to force it upon others by denigrating their ideas accomplishes nothing except to make people decide to avoid this thread. JMO.

While searching I found this little snippet, from a Verified Insider who says she got the following email from Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock -

The email from Kent Smock

At this time I cannot give specifics on the investigatios timeline other then what is already public. Releasing information that would be known only to the person who has the girls could jeopardize our investigation.

There is a video from Corn Belt Auctions that shows two girls on bicycles riding on Brovan at 12:11 pm. The girls were reported missing by Elizabeth's mother shortly before 3 and the bicycles were found near Meyers Lake shortly before 4pm.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

Smock's last seen is 12.11.

Which widens the time frame considerably.

He also conveniently explains the perceived vagueness of police timelines.

But then the VP is daughter to the witness who is being dismissed as "mistaken" so I guess it's as reliable as your faith in the verification process of WS.

Yes I've been going through previous threads and saw that, it was a post by Skyler, the e-mail was dated 9/25/2012 which is several months into the investigation. Thread #25, date 1/3 post, post number #970, page 39. I didn't know she was TG's (seriashelby) daughter, I though TG's daughter was Sere-nity?

No one is going to be able to "out-argue" someone whose opinion is unshakable. Presenting a differing viewpoint is fine, but trying to force it upon others by denigrating their ideas accomplishes nothing except to make people decide to avoid this thread. JMO.

I agree. All this came about because I stated the official last seen time per LE is 12.15.

You initially disagreed then acknowledged that.

I really thought we had gotten somewhere but it seems not.

If anyone chooses not to believe the statement of Abben who straight out stated 12.15, <modsnip>.

<modsnip>.

I would just like to have a general consensus once and for all that the official last seen time is in fact 12.15, and that in fact TG's sighting of the bikes actually does make sense in view of this.

Yes I've been going through previous threads and saw that, it was a post by Skyler, the e-mail was dated 9/25/2012 which is several months into the investigation. Thread #25, date 1/3 post, post number #970, page 39. I didn't know she was TG's (seriashelby) daughter, I though TG's daughter was Sere-nity?

No I am no relation to anyone with no inside information about anything. I live in MN.

I agree. All this came about because I stated the official last seen time per LE is 12.15.

You initially disagreed then acknowledged that.

I really thought we had gotten somewhere but it seems not.

If anyone chooses not to believe the statement of Abben who straight out stated 12.15, then it follows they can't believe anything from anyone else either, including other LE.

I guess we are all are free to go ahead and make it up as we go along without letting facts get in the way if we so choose.

I would just like to have a general consensus once and for all that the official last seen time is in fact 12.15, and that in fact TG's sighting of the bikes actually does make sense in view of this.

Yes, if the 12:15 time is accurate than the sighting of the bikes at the lake at around 12:20ish is plausible.

It's totally irrelevant to me if it exists or not....:waitasec:

What is relevant is that the last confirmed sighting of the girls per Smock was 12.11, and per Abben was 12.15.

I can't understand why you feel the information contained in the screen dump of an email of a completely different section of the government is more reliable than actual statements directly from LE, but that is your prerogative.

Thread #26, page 9, post #215 Shy Violet provided a link to a statement Smoke made with the 12:30 to 1:00 pm time, sorry I don't want to go back and pull it over to this post, wrote the info down though :)

So true and I know that is not what we want. We all want the killer/killers found and justice served.

My theory does not involve the family. That is the #1 rule here, correct? Don't sleuth the family ?

I don't see the need to involve TG at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16