IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't post often on this thread but read it daily.
Cindersoot,
Didn't you post the link to this picture a few minutes ago? Is this a true satellite image taken from the time the girls went missing? It says the photo has been altered? Was the red vehicle and tire tracks added to the picture? This is intriguing.

Hi Pearl, I know the photo shocked me at first, but it is to show how satelites could help in finding or helping in a case. The vehicle was put there to show how it could of maybe helped. But still, the photo was very creepy to me, because it could of really looked like that I'm sure.

I keep expecting to see cindersoot or TCK here:

I Solved a Murder

1000509261001_2161089671001_BIO-I-Solved-a-Murder-0-I-Solved-a-Murder-Episode-0-Preview-Clip-SF-small.jpg

I Solved a Murder is a breathtaking new series about regular people who have gone to extraordinary lengths to solve violent crimes. Dramatic re-creations and first-person accounts tell the captivating stories of these everyday heroes and their determination to discover the truth.

I love that show.:great:

Anybody watch "Dark Minds" last night? Blonde, blue-eyed and gone. Janice Pockett, Holly Piirainen, Lisa White and Molly Bish. Guy attempts to link them to a serial killer. The Raven part of the show is a little hokey, but I'll play along. http://madison-ct.patch.com/article...-girls-to-be-featured-on-dark-minds-wednesday

Providing Information
Phelps said that his aim is not to solve cases, but to rekindle interest, hoping that someone remembers something and the information that is uncovered helps law enforcement move one step closer to identifying a strong suspect.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Pockett or White and would like to pass it along, please call the Connecticut State Police Missing Persons tip line at 800- 367-5678. In the cases of Bish and Piirainen, please contact the Massachusetts State Police at 413-505-5993. If you would like to contact Phelps with any information about these cases, or other cold cases, please e-mail him at mwilliamphelps@comcast.net.

We definitely seem divided into different tribes regarding if the girls made it to the lake or not, bikes staged vs. not staged. It would be nice to have a complete outsider come in with no expectations and investigate. I don't know if this guy would consider the girls' case cold or not. . .

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Minds/192493800815468

I love that show.:great:

me too! :rocker: Didn't you love the episode where the soccer player solved the murder of the "homeless" woman by Red Coat? OMG! He did all the investigative work. He went through every piece of paper in her apartment. It was amazing!

Then the lady who had to literally solve her mother's murder and niece's rape to save her husband!!! It was the freakin' neighbor's husband. Crazy!!!

Just to make it all the more confusing, does anyone else remember Evansdale PD saying something like "we are the only ones to listen to", implying perhaps that dodgy information had come out of other agencies?

:dunno:

Maybe this is what you were thinking of:

Smock says if they make an arrest in the case they will notify the girl’s parents and the public through official means, as they did when their bodies were discovered.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Arrests-in-Missing-Cousins-Case-a-Rumor--183812791.html

me too! :rocker: Didn't you love the episode where the soccer player solved the murder of the "homeless" woman by Red Coat? OMG! He did all the investigative work. He went through every piece of paper in her apartment. It was amazing!

Then the lady who had to literally solve her mother's murder and niece's rape to save her husband!!! It was the freakin' neighbor's husband. Crazy!!!

I know, it just proves that you really never know.

Maybe this is what you were thinking of:

Smock says if they make an arrest in the case they will notify the girl’s parents and the public through official means, as they did when their bodies were discovered.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Arrests-in-Missing-Cousins-Case-a-Rumor--183812791.html

No.

IIRC it was earlier than that, back when the FBI were giving pressers too, and there was some conflicting information somewhere.

I'll see if I can find it. Or maybe I'm thinking of Jessica Ridgeway too.

Tonight I'm watching the movie called, Citizen X, which covers the investigation of the soviet serial killer Andrei Chikatilo, who was convicted in 1992 of killing 53 women and children.

While searching I found this little snippet, from a Verified Insider who says she got the following email from Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock -

The email from Kent Smock

At this time I cannot give specifics on the investigatios timeline other then what is already public. Releasing information that would be known only to the person who has the girls could jeopardize our investigation.

There is a video from Corn Belt Auctions that shows two girls on bicycles riding on Brovan at 12:11 pm. The girls were reported missing by Elizabeth's mother shortly before 3 and the bicycles were found near Meyers Lake shortly before 4pm.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

Smock's last seen is 12.11.

Which widens the time frame considerably.

He also conveniently explains the perceived vagueness of police timelines.

But then the VP is daughter to the witness who is being dismissed as "mistaken" so I guess it's as reliable as your faith in the verification process of WS.

While searching I found this little snippet, from a Verified Insider who says she got the following email from Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock -

The email from Kent Smock

At this time I cannot give specifics on the investigatios timeline other then what is already public. Releasing information that would be known only to the person who has the girls could jeopardize our investigation.

There is a video from Corn Belt Auctions that shows two girls on bicycles riding on Brovan at 12:11 pm. The girls were reported missing by Elizabeth's mother shortly before 3 and the bicycles were found near Meyers Lake shortly before 4pm.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

Smock's last seen is 12.11.

Which widens the time frame considerably.

He also conveniently explains the perceived vagueness of police timelines.

But then the VP is daughter to the witness who is being dismissed as "mistaken" so I guess it's as reliable as your faith in the verification process of WS.

No portion of that "quote" provides a link in google. In the original post that you linked, the remarks are not in quotation marks and there is no link.

Do you have a link and a date for comments you have attribute to Smock?
Is that from July, before other information was known?

No portion of that "quote" provides a link in google. In the original post that you linked, the remarks are not in quotation marks and there is no link.

IIRC it was a personal email that was copied and posted by the user.

Once again, the document you keep linking is out of the Governor's Office of Drug Control Policy.

www.iowa.gov.odcp

Follow it yourself. The wording of your screen dump begins "The Iowa Departent of Criminal Investigation is requesting you take a few minutes to read this" eg, an INTERNAL MEMO being forwarded by the OCDP on behalf of LE, not the other way around.

Also, Abben has stated the "last seen" time. 12.15. This is indisputable and means all other "sightings" are unconfirmed.

I don't know why you would be relying on a second hand screen dump from the ODCP rather than the actual official statement from the Sheriff's office...:waitasec:

Further, we know gramma went out looking at 12.30, including Meyers Lake. If the girls were on Brovan or anywhere in between, I believe she would've found them.

Or, they would've come when she yelled for them, like they did every other day. The fact that they didn't come when she yelled implies that they were out of earshot - either already abducted, or far away from Brovan.

:cow:

I get it ... you would prefer that this official government of Iowa document did not exist.

IIRC it was a personal email that was copied and posted by the user.

Surely the email had a date on it ...

If the information is not publicly available it is an unreferenced rumor.

The link I provided is a link to a personal email recieved by a Verified Insider, Skylar, TG's daughter.

If you do a search of all of her posts you see that she is quite genuine, as is her father, and also very regretful for ever getting tangled up in this in the first place.

I understand that you can't get past the "official document" you have, and don't believe a word either TG or his daughter says, but I do. It's fine if we disagree.

Elaboration from Skylar on the source of the email -

The email came after I went and personally talked to him about helping with all the accusations online about my dad. He was never short with me, he actually gave me all the time I needed to discuss it, he mentioned timing can be off for so many reasons, from a person remembering a tv show being on at that time, or a videos time being off, he says there could be many reasons.

I get it ... you would prefer that this official government of Iowa document did not exist.

It's totally irrelevant to me if it exists or not....:waitasec:

What is relevant is that the last confirmed sighting of the girls per Smock was 12.11, and per Abben was 12.15.

I can't understand why you feel the information contained in the screen dump of an email of a completely different section of the government is more reliable than actual statements directly from LE, but that is your prerogative.

even if posted by a verified insider?

So Smock wrote "investigatios" and called the Cornbelt Auction "Corn Belt"?

Should we forget everything and believe only a forum comment from someone that lives in the area?

Let's assume that it is authentic.

"There is a video from Corn Belt Auctions that shows two girls on bicycles riding on Brovan at 12:11 pm."

That statement is true, we know that. Many other things are also true about the timeline.

So Smock wrote "investigatios" and called the Cornbelt Auction "Corn Belt"?

Should we forget everything and believe only a forum comment from someone that lives in the area?

It makes about as much sense as harping on an unconfirmed bunch of sightings.

Frustrating that no arrests have been made. Doesn't look like they have any leads either. I hope they are onto something but just not sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV