IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the perp is someone known by the family, maybe not close friends but in the same circle of friends. The perp could be someone from church, or an acquaintance of a family member, or a neighbor - someone who would appear non-threatening to most people, and someone the girls wouldn't consider a dangerous stranger.

I also feel there is someone who has suspicions about this person, but is afraid/unwilling to follow up on those suspicions. Perhaps he/she provided the perp a vehicle on July 13th, or gave a friend an alibi for a certain time period. There is something IMO that keeps this person from coming forward with info.

I'm still not 100% certain of the motive - I tend to think if there was a sexual component, it was a secondary motive. JMO

I cannot imagine the burden of guilt someone could be carrying if they believe they allowed the perp to use their vehicle or gave an alibi for the perp whom they now believe murdered Lyric and Elizabeth! It must be terrifying, especially if this person believes the girls were murdered in their vehicle!!! I mean. . . what a dilemma! By incriminating your "friend" you also incriminate yourself!! Horrors of horrors! :please:

Another mystery.

Tammy said she spoke to a boy.

TAMMY brousseau, AUNT OF MISSING GIRLS: Absolutely not. There was nothing that seemed terribly out of the ordinary. There was a little boy fishing, and he had been there a long time. I asked him as well, when I first approached and started asking random people. I said, "Did you see two little girls on a bicycle? He said "No". I said, "How long have you been here?" He said, "A long time."

So when I told you a man said that he had seen them going east on the bike trial, whether that was true or not, yes, they have his name, they know who he is. But it appears what he said was true because like I said the lake wraps around and the bikes were found on the south side. And that`s where the girls --

BBM - Has Tammy been challenged as to the truth of her account? That sentence implies that she has in my opinion. :waitasec:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

That is kinda strange that Tammy would say, "whether that was true or not". You would think a young boy would surely notice two young girls on bikes. Unless, the girls never rode around the lake from the lakes entrance, but came in from the back side, where the bikes were found. I know they rode past Mr. Carpenters house, but they might have been going east not west towards the lake entrance.

The last official, confirmed sighting remains 12.15.

Would LE hide/alter that purposely?

I don't have a clue.

Tammy's reference to "the truth" means that there is something hinky about what the cyclist told her.

The fact that LE do not refer to this sighting at all tells me that the sighting, for whatever reason, is false.

On the Nancy Grace website in an interview with an FBI spokesperson. "Bloodhounds were even brought in during the pond search and they picked up the girls scents. The scents went as far as a mile away from the trail where the missing girls would have been riding their bikes".

There has been so much discussion about the dogs first I've seen of this.
Do you have a link? Who said it? Is it hearsay or from LE?
TIA

Excellent theories here. I believe the perp is a local due to the locations. I cannot decide if he knew the girls, but he probably knew of them. I have always believed this is a crime of impulse and opportunity. It is amazing to me how lucky these guys are in not getting caught, I don't believe he is a mastermind. I don't think it has anything to do with Dan or anyone in the immediate family.

Dare I add. . . Beginner's luck? I don't believe he is a mastermind either.

That is kinda strange that Tammy would say, "whether that was true or not". You would think a young boy would surely notice two young girls on bikes. Unless, the girls never rode around the lake from the lakes entrance, but came in from the back side, where the bikes were found. I know they rode past Mr. Carpenters house, but they might have been going east not west towards the lake entrance.

Officially confirmed sightings -

12.15 on Brovan.
The bikes at the lake at 4.

Unconfirmed mentioned by LE -

Lake Avenue/Gilbert 12.00-3.00
TG's sighting at 12.20

Not mentioned by LE at all -

The boy at the lake who saw nothing
The cyclist who said he saw the girls on the path.

Have I got it right?

TG said there were two men fishing when he rode by, Tammy said that she approached men that were fishing. We're these the same men? If TG missed seeing the girls by mere seconds, then surely the fishermen saw them, right? I wonder how their account of the afternoon goes?

IMO, LE will not "tip their hand". Someone brought it up in the last thread, some witnesses may need protection and asked to remain silent. Sounds very plausible to me.

At some point this spring/summer I am going to make a day trip to both Meyer's Lake and also 7 Bridges. I want to see for myself the lay of the land.

Even though we've seen lots of pictures posted, even from locals, it's different to see it for yourself. Maybe even take a video. Video's seem to help people get a visual of the area even better than still shots.

I'd like to go up in the spring before all the vegetation gets thick so everyone can see roads, trails, etc...but I'd also like to get video of when the area is in full vegetation as well to see how it could affect the area.

I believe though, that the city has removed the vegetation on the area of the trail where the girls bikes were found. If I remember correctly, they had cut down all of the thick viney growth that prevented seeing the trail all the way through (in essence eliminating the creepy spot).

And I'm sure LE cleared out a lot of the area where the bodies were found. However, I'm sure I can find a full grown area as well to demonstrate how thick the grass/brush was in a similar area to see how well hidden the bodies would have been.

I just want to see it all in person. I think it may help me see what I feel is feasible and what is a more or less likely scenario.

For those of us who cannot be with you in person ThreeCrazyKids, know that we are with you in spirit! Be safe! Know that the force of WebSleuths is with you! :cheer: :thewave: :grouphug:

I don't think I'd seen this link before:

http://www.bhcso.org/UserFiles/docs/CVCS Reward.pdf

Note - this was released AFTER the girls bodies being found.

What caught my attention was the wording of this paragraph:

Cedar Valley Crimstoppers believe someone out there, other than the person(s) responsible, knows information about this case, and knows that their information is relevant. We would like this person to know that we will pay out immediately upon an arrest or arrests in this case.

This reads to me that that they KNOW there is someone out there who knew what happened to the girls and that this person was fearing to come forward.

Why else would they note "we would like this person to know that we will pay out immediately upon an arrest or arrests in this case".

This just sounds too much like an "I'm speaking to you" release, than a general "we need anyone's help" type statement IMO.

:waitasec:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Have you taken you -- have you taken your own dogs out? I don`t know if this is scientific, but I know that my dogs know where I am, like, practically when I`m two blocks away. Have you taken your own dogs out to see maybe if they react to anything?

M. MORRISSEY: We don`t have any animals of our own for Lyric, OK?

We have two dogs -- well, we actually have four dogs at Heather`s house. Two small dogs, two large dogs, and to my knowledge we haven`t taken any of them out. I`m not sure if we need permission to do that, but we haven`t -- I don`t think that`s been a suggestion yet.

I know they have the K-9 units out. They have some other dogs out. They`ve taken plenty of property to use for the smell. Clothing, shoes, with trained professional dogs. So we really trust that, you know, that they`re using the appropriate measures in that respect.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

still revisiting this JVM interview with family. Thanks to SS for posting the link upthread. Just passing the time with no new leads or info to chew on.

Way back towards the beginning of this, didn't someone say one of the mothers was concerned and told her daughter not to talk to some teenager that was older than her? Why is that in my head?:waitasec: And then when the girls were found, and we were talking about the hunters, a new person posted something about a friend of hers knew one of the hunters, and the girls remains were described as grotesque. How grotesque can a bunch of bones be?

I've been searching for both of these, but there are way too many posts, so I'm asking if anyone remember seeing either of these?

Oh WOW! I don't remember those posts either... :moo: what might be grotesque to an average person, perhaps even me, could be what is seen in normal decomposition of a body not preserved. I mean I never knew about the O factor of the jaw and mouth until the Caylee Anthony case. I looked at the picture of her remains and even though it was basically bones, the skull and position of the jaw were shocking. In death, your jaw relaxes and your mouth forms the "O", correct? I assume the girls were not totally decomposed. I think there had to be some skin and connective tissue remaining. And, being in the shade the bones were not bleached white yet. My apologies. I had sushi for lunch and have had a couple of shots of Makers 46. I could never think of our girls as being grotesque though, even in death. Were they bound in some way? Was there a ligature around the neck area? :furious: I hope to h-e- hockey sticks LE finds who did this to Lyric and Elizabeth! No one deserves to be murdered and discarded like trash!

Officially confirmed sightings -

12.15 on Brovan.
The bikes at the lake at 4.

Unconfirmed mentioned by LE -

Lake Avenue/Gilbert 12.00-3.00
TG's sighting at 12.20

Not mentioned by LE at all -

The boy at the lake who saw nothing
The cyclist who said he saw the girls on the path.

Have I got it right?

If you're including TG's sighting (bikes only), you might want to add the jogger's sighting (bikes only) at 2:00. The only difference is when TG went by the gate was closed, and open when jogger came by (per TG).

The last official, confirmed sighting remains 12.15.

Would LE hide/alter that purposely?

I don't have a clue.

Tammy's reference to "the truth" means that there is something hinky about what the cyclist told her.

The fact that LE do not refer to this sighting at all tells me that the sighting, for whatever reason, is false.

No, I don't think LE would hide or alter the last official confirmed sighting of the girls. Did Aunt Tammy speak to a cyclist? I missed that too. The fact that LE does not refer to the cyclist's sighting makes me think it is a falsehood. I think he inserted himself into this case or he is guilty as sin. :jail: I'm sorry! I think this guy put himself in the limelight. I think he is lying. I don't think he saw anything. :moo:

what I recall about the hunters who found bodies is that it turned out to be one of our already posting locals knew them. The poster said one was male, one was female. I do not recall the word grotesque being used but do recall our local member describing how upset the hunters were to have found the girls and what a truly disturbing experience it was. Unsettling, etc.

If I am remembering right, our member did not want to probe or ask any questions of these hunters because they were so obviously upset by their find and it seemed a rude thing to probe any further.

I have spent some time this afternoon trying to look for that post and hoping to recall the local poster's username, but I could not do either :(

If you're including TG's sighting (bikes only), you might want to add the jogger's sighting (bikes only) at 2:00. The only difference is when TG went by the gate was closed, and open when jogger came by (per TG).

Under what heading?

Under what heading?

:floorlaugh:

I'm going to say Unconfirmed, mentioned by LE. Only because it was the bikes and not an actual sighting of the girls themselves.

Technically, LE mentions this sighting...but only of the bikes. I am not aware of ANY confirmed sightings (mentioned by LE) of the girls AT ALL after the 12:15 sighting.

I'm sure someone is sure to disagree with my category...I'm almost certain of it. But that's ok...we can keep busy nit-picking it for a few hours. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV