IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to LOL today when I saw the bomb threat in the Waterloo court house today. Cedar Rapids Airport, 50 miles south, had someone try to bring a loaded handgun in their carry on. Come on people use your brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss something? Why was it funny that there was a bomb threat?

Did I miss something? Why was it funny that there was a bomb threat?

Thank you for bringing that up to me, I didn't realize it came across that way and can't modify it now. I found "funny" more or less interesting how few people seem to have common sense about getting caught in these situations. They seem to be happening more and more frequently.

Again I apologize, in NO WAY did I mean that I thought the bomb threat was a positive thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will try to find the link, but I read that L had a little stuffed dog on her bedpost at WC's home.

Does anyone know the breed of the dog (stuffed animal) L had?

TIA

:what: now this really gives me the creeps and I believe you are so right here!

I hope Heather never thinks this way. It would be horrible for her to think this. There is something about her that rubs some the wrong way obviously, but I read her plea at face value. I am sure she was coached by the FBI on what to write. The main thought I got from it was they just want their daughter back safely and are reassuring the perp he would not be caught. Nothing more than a creepy coincidence IMO.

Ty for this link, Ayms... very interesting.

I'm confused by it, however. Was he only arrested this past Monday for a threat made in Feb. to the school? I'm wondering if he is, also, the person who called in the bomb threat to BHC Ct. House on Monday??

Quote From Link which appears to have been posted by wcf (3) hours ago:
CEDAR FALLS HIGH STUDENT ARRESTED FOR ONLINE BOMB THREAT
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — A Cedar Falls high school student was arrested Monday for making an online threat to blow up Cedar Falls High School.

Kale Joshua Clay, 18, of 5018 Millenium Drive, was arrested for threats to commit arson, a Class D felony.

Clay allegedly posted on the social networking site Twitter on Feb. 19 that, “When I blow up the Cedar Falls High School I will be doing everyone a favor.” Police were called and interviewed him.

According to court documents, Clay told police that he was upset at the time but never intended to carry through on the threat. No bomb or explosives were found either in the home or at the school

I hope Heather never thinks this way. It would be horrible for her to think this. There is something about her that rubs some the wrong way obviously, but I read her plea at face value. I am sure she was coached by the FBI on what to write. The main thought I got from it was they just want their daughter back safely and are reassuring the perp he would not be caught. Nothing more than a creepy coincidence IMO.

BBM. Sorry I don't agree. :twocents:

Since there is so much being done at Meyers Lake to memorialize the girls, IMO Heather and Drew believe this is where Lyric and Lizzie were abducted on July 13th. Please don't ask me for a link - this is just my "take" on why Heather and Drew are so active in getting the girls memorialized at the lake. IMO it's more than just the girls' bikes being found there - I feel they believe the girls vanished from there. MOO, JMO, etc.

But I'm still unsure why the island is featuring so prominently in the memorial plans. Maybe it's simply as Heather said:

One thing that can be done, she suggested, is making the lake, the park and the island a welcoming place, noting the island was always a little foreboding to young children. "Kids were scared. What we want to do is clear it out and make it look friendly," she said

Dona Frickson, who's coordinating volunteer efforts for the project and also is head of the Evansdale Chamber of Commerce, said clearing undergrowth and brush trees will give more room for the healthy trees on the island to flourish.

Heather Collins said she wants the public to look about the finished park and lake as "something joyful, in memory of the girls."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_68916e91-7a50-5c7e-8de8-c2c2c729afcc.html

I am stepping back for a moment. Waiting.....................

:fence:

Since there is so much being done at Meyers Lake to memorialize the girls, IMO Heather and Drew believe this is where Lyric and Lizzie were abducted on July 13th. Please don't ask me for a link - this is just my "take" on why Heather and Drew are so active in getting the girls memorialized at the lake. IMO it's more than just the girls' bikes being found there - I feel they believe the girls vanished from there. MOO, JMO, etc.

But I'm still unsure why the island is featuring so prominently in the memorial plans. Maybe it's simply as Heather said:

One thing that can be done, she suggested, is making the lake, the park and the island a welcoming place, noting the island was always a little foreboding to young children. "Kids were scared. What we want to do is clear it out and make it look friendly," she said

Dona Frickson, who's coordinating volunteer efforts for the project and also is head of the Evansdale Chamber of Commerce, said clearing undergrowth and brush trees will give more room for the healthy trees on the island to flourish.

Heather Collins said she wants the public to look about the finished park and lake as "something joyful, in memory of the girls."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_68916e91-7a50-5c7e-8de8-c2c2c729afcc.html

I am sorry but I want news on who murdered these two innocent kids not updates on the Meyers Lake project.

I am sorry but I want news on who murdered these two innocent kids not updates on the Meyers Lake project.

I am allowed to post what I want. If it isn't what you want to read, then just skip over it. It isn't necessary for you to comment on my post. Maybe since you are new to WS you weren't aware of that.

I wasn't giving an update on the Meyers Lake project, if you'd taken time to read the post completely. I was commenting on my opinion that Drew and Heather seem to think the girls were abducted from Meyers Lake. To me, that is worthy of discussion.

I am allowed to post what I want. If it isn't what you want to read, then just skip over it. It isn't necessary for you to comment on my post. Maybe since you are new to WS you weren't aware of that.

I wasn't giving an update on the Meyers Lake project, if you'd taken time to read the post completely. I was commenting on my opinion that Drew and Heather seem to think the girls were abducted from Meyers Lake. To me, that is worthy of discussion.

I was just speaking in general terms not on you're quote specifically, sorry.

Listening to the scanner. Where was the fire?

O/T (and w/out apology to the brd.) - bbm: Boots, while we'll at a lull here, I would be interested in knowing if you were able to answer that Q ?!? TIA...

ETA: My Q isn't limited to Boots, but rather to the Brd at large. (:

#2 ETA: O/T <see big smile icon here> thank you WS mod!

BBM

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...054/Evansdale-girls-families-speculate-killer
Lyric was living with Cook at the time of the disappearance, and her toys, artwork and belongings still spill through every room in Cook&#8217;s Waterloo home.

Max, Lyric&#8217;s black and brown stuffed dog, rests on her side of the bed that she shared with Cook. A Mason jar she used to collect loose change sits half-full on the dresser. Lyric liked to use the money for nail polish and makeup she and Elizabeth would use, Cook said.

BBM

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...054/Evansdale-girls-families-speculate-killer
Lyric was living with Cook at the time of the disappearance, and her toys, artwork and belongings still spill through every room in Cook’s Waterloo home.

Max, Lyric’s black and brown stuffed dog, rests on her side of the bed that she shared with Cook. A Mason jar she used to collect loose change sits half-full on the dresser. Lyric liked to use the money for nail polish and makeup she and Elizabeth would use, Cook said.

:tyou: - Thank you dotr, I couldn't find the link I read this on!! This has a little more information than I read and it is so sad and hard to read.

O/T (and w/out apology to the brd.) - bbm: Boots, while we'll at a lull here, I would be interested in knowing if you were able to answer that Q ?!? TIA...

ETA: My Q isn't limited to Boots, but rather to the Brd at large. (:

#2 ETA: O/T <see big smile icon here> thank you WS mod!

Fox! Sorry it took me so long to respond. . . Been away helping a friend w/pneumonia!

No, I never found out where or if there was a fire. I had just clicked on RadioReference scanner for Black Hawk county when you posted that about the bomb threat. Heard a portion of what sounded like "fire all clear." Maybe it had to do with the bomb threat, but did not hear enough of the conversation to know for sure what it was about!

I've been trying to listen to the scanner more. I can't find the current scanner thread for the girls. The link at the beginning is for the very first scanner thread back on July 13, 2012. It helps to have people listening along with you to sort out what is being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller