Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T

Investigators are coming closer to capturing a prolific child *advertiser censored* distributor who has evaded authorities for more than a decade - and still can only be identified through this one, blacked-out photograph.
'John Doe' is being hunted by the Department of Homeland Security's Cyber Crimes Center using the latest technology which hones in on tiny clues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-arrest-decade-hunted-Homeland-Security.html

I just cannot help myself thinking that THIS is related to our girls.

That is what I am wondering too. Elizabeth had a birthday coming up soon. In interviews with Heather, it was clear Elizabeth and her mother had been making plans for the birthday party. Maybe Elizabeth had thought having her BD party on the island would have been the most awesome BD party EVER! Heather probably had discouraged the idea, but Elizabeth was determined to check the island out. The girls might have been Survivor fans and it would be really cool to have a BD on an island! I just think with all the focus on the island now, it had to play a part somehow, somewhere in how and when the girls went missing.

I think you have some really good ideas. I am thinking more and more of the island now. Wondering if the island was covered with enough scrub vegetation to hide the 2 girls, if they were taken to the island and overpowered there? While everyone is searching onshore, maybe the girls were lying bound and gagged on the island? Again, the Purloined Letter idea, hide something in plain sight.

I wonder if the island was searched at all the first day? Some of us had wondered if the girls were taken to a nearby home, or building, and kept there during the search. Maybe they were on the island until dark, then spirited away to another location?

Perhaps a later search of the island turned up clues pointing to the girls indeed being there, and that is a reason why the island is being cleared of brush and scrubby trees? What a terrible thought, if the girls were bound and gagged on the island, listening to all the folks calling their names and searching around the lake for them. If this did happen, there must have been planning involved, not an impulse grab. IMO.

Thank you, Considering. :seeya: I think I need to clarify. I am not the excellent mapper that Otto is, but on the map I linked, the red marker shows Seven Bridges Park. I do not know exactly where the girls' bodies were found, but I would like to.

I'm just saying that if you zoom in to the park on "map" mode, you can see where the river makes some zigzag turns. I thought the girls were found somewhere in that area, but it seems to lie outside park boundaries. ?

I must be missing something. Oh well. :blushing:

This article describes the area where the girls were found:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_eb5c81b6-42db-11e2-b39a-001a4bcf887a.html

I'll try to post an excerpt. Hard to do from my iPad.

I have read somewhere that the exact location has not been released by LE. Trying to find that article.

O/T

Investigators are coming closer to capturing a prolific child *advertiser censored* distributor who has evaded authorities for more than a decade - and still can only be identified through this one, blacked-out photograph.
'John Doe' is being hunted by the Department of Homeland Security's Cyber Crimes Center using the latest technology which hones in on tiny clues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-arrest-decade-hunted-Homeland-Security.html

Thank you, Marilyn, that's a very interesting article.

I did find another article about the female involved in this as well and it shows that releasing information and asking for the public's assistance sure was valuable in her arrest.

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1301/130104losangeles.htm

Fox! Sorry it took me so long to respond. . . Been away helping a friend w/pneumonia!

No, I never found out where or if there was a fire. I had just clicked on RadioReference scanner for Black Hawk county when you posted that about the bomb threat. Heard a portion of what sounded like "fire all clear." Maybe it had to do with the bomb threat, but did not hear enough of the conversation to know for sure what it was about!

Boots, I always know that you'll get back to me. bbm - thanks so much for letting me know. Jumping off your post here:

I highly suspect that the teenager arrested Mon. for making a bomb threat in Feb. against an area high school (or setting a fire at some time or another??) is the same person who made a bomb threat on BHC CT HSE on Mon. And, if so, is there any reason not to mention that in the reporting?

I do not suspect this teenager of having anything to do w/our little girls. I think what's really bothering me is the possibility that when our perp is finally arrested, the report will be as confusing as the link below, and we might not recognize what crime he's being arrested for. Gads...

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ced...9bb2963f4.html

I think you have some really good ideas. I am thinking more and more of the island now. Wondering if the island was covered with enough scrub vegetation to hide the 2 girls, if they were taken to the island and overpowered there? While everyone is searching onshore, maybe the girls were lying bound and gagged on the island? Again, the Purloined Letter idea, hide something in plain sight.

I wonder if the island was searched at all the first day? Some of us had wondered if the girls were taken to a nearby home, or building, and kept there during the search. Maybe they were on the island until dark, then spirited away to another location?

Perhaps a later search of the island turned up clues pointing to the girls indeed being there, and that is a reason why the island is being cleared of brush and scrubby trees? What a terrible thought, if the girls were bound and gagged on the island, listening to all the folks calling their names and searching around the lake for them. If this did happen, there must have been planning involved, not an impulse grab. IMO.

BBM

Crews dragged the lake, walked through an island in the lake, and did at least two searches by air - including one using infrared sensors.

They also went door-to-door in the surrounding neighborhood.

https://www.facebook.com/seeking.thelost.news/posts/323511071074797

A guilty person may become involved with the fundraising/memorial for the girls to initiate small chit chat to see if they can learn of any new developments and see if LE has any leads/suspects/POI. The guilty person(s) may use this as an opportunity to "blend in" to reduce any suspicions and/or prove to theirself just how smart and manipulative they were to be able to pull this thing off while not becoming a POI (God forbid if this is the case ... it could build up their confidence and encourage them to do it again :furious:)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/10/lyric-cook-morrissey-elizabeth-collins-found_n_2250043.html
BBM

"The girl's bodies were found by hunters at about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday. Authorities were still searching the area for clues last week, and the exact location of the discovery has not been released.
"Preservation of that scene is paramount," Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben said."

Thank you so much, Dotr! Now I'll sleuth the exact location on my own. Thanks for the help. IMO, the only "forks"in the Wapsipinicon River seem to be outside the park boundaries. Jmo

A guilty person may become involved with the fundraising/memorial for the girls to initiate small chit chat to see if they can learn of any new developments and see if LE has any leads/suspects/POI. The guilty person(s) may use this as an opportunity to "blend in" to reduce any suspicions and/or prove to theirself just how smart and manipulative they were to be able to pull this thing off while not becoming a POI (God forbid if this is the case ... it could build up their confidence and encourage them to do it again :furious:)

I believe the perp has participated in searches, vigils, fundraisers, etc., and IMO he blends in well. I don't have any suspect in mind, this is just my general opinion.

Much as we hope this is not the case, it certainly is plausible. For that matter, an unsub may lurk on message boards like this one for the same reason. Another reason for LE to keep details on the down low. Especially since LE initially said that the perp/s 'lives and works among us'.

:tears: "It'd be a great welcome-home celebration for a talkative, almost-9-year-old who loves to be the center of attention, Drew said.

"She would just love to see that. I can see her now, looking at them and saying, 'Is that all for me?'" :tears:

Can a person take a paddleboat from Meyers Lake to Seven Bridges? Had LE ever found out who that was on the paddleboat? Did the guys that were fishing know this person? How many paddleboats are seen at Meyers Lake ... often, rarely?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...elizabeth-collins-paddleboater_n_1694893.html

There is no way to paddle boat from Myers lake to Seven Bridges.

There has been nothing from LE that indicates they ever identified the paddle boater.

If you look at google maps, there are 2 (IIRC) paddle boats that you can see on the shore of the lake at residences.

I am still confused as to exactly where the girls' bodies were found in Seven Bridges Park. I know Otto has posted excellent maps in the past. However,on a regular map when I look for the rounded outlet w/ sandbar(where they were found) I do not find it within the borders of the park. I click from "map" to "satellite" to differentiate.

http://itouchmap.com/?d=461508&s=IA&f=park

Zoom into the park. TIA. :blushing:
:moo:

BBM - Ohhh, Rev... you and me both, Kiddo... so please don't feel rained on!! lol

You probably already have this aerial-photo-vw of 7Bridges Wildlife area which shows the little "drwy turnaround" and the (2) white sheets in the same photo!

I'm hoping that those of you who have printers which are currently working (grrh..) can print this photo out, along w/different mapvws and others photos of the area in order to define the exact location of bodies (or at least the location of the 2 white sheets we surmise to be body sites).

From The Gazette - 12/06/2012 - Aerial View of Seven Bridges, IA

http://thegazette.com/wp-content/ga...-bridges-recreation-area/aerialsearch680f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop