IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we only have to look as far as the bicyclist and the lawn-watering guy and Mr. P and what happened to them when they came forward and were
publically identified
to assume what might happen to the family that owned the land where the girls were found (assuming it is privately-owned). I think only 8 people went to the meeting because they were scared of being shown on TV and identified and then being suspected of being involved in the girls' murders. I think neighbors are looking at neighbors in Evansdale and wondering if their neighbor could be the killer. FBI announced that the killer is "someone who lives among you." Good way to traumatize a community. You only have to watch a few of the detective shows where a child is killed in a community where everyone starts suspecting everyone else! :moo:

BBM exactly! If I were in this situation I think I'd be hiding like crazy from anything public at this point - media, public meetings, any of it. And not because I'm guilty, but because I wouldn't want myself or my family to be treated badly or in danger because of some perception that I am/we are, or might be, somehow connected.

Also agree it's got to be so traumatic for the community. I can't even imagine.

Yes, B4igo... really good photo and my fave of all the photos which just show 1/2 of the 7bridges scene.

This photo is so much lighter/brighter than any others and makes the water stand out beautifully from the land.

I so wish that the same media source had included a photo of the "sheet" 1/2 of the scene because imo that's the 1/2 of the scene that most needs some "light" shed on it... so that we would have one that makes any water nearby stand out from sand, dead grass, etc.

I agree. A very good photo. It made me realize how much water actually was in the river as opposed to some of the others that made it looked almost dried up.

I appreciate your differing opinion, eileen, and literally gave thought to everything you said.

I still stand by my opinion, however, and hope that doesn't cause you to "cringe a little" every time you see my nic here in the future. :seeya:

Why would I cringe whenever I see that you posted something?

I think we only have to look as far as the bicyclist and the lawn-watering guy and Mr. P and what happened to them when they came forward and were
publically identified to assume what might happen to the family that owned the land where the girls were found (assuming it is privately-owned). I think only 8 people went to the meeting because they were scared of being shown on TV and identified and then being suspected of being involved in the girls' murders. I think neighbors are looking at neighbors in Evansdale and wondering if their neighbor could be the killer. FBI announced that the killer is "someone who lives among you." Good way to traumatize a community. You only have to watch a few of the detective shows where a child is killed in a community where everyone starts suspecting everyone else! :moo:

I thought that speculation was just by people posting on the Internet. I didn't realize that they were being harassed or getting death threats or people calling them, saying they are murderers, in real life.

Uh not sure what I can say without TOS issues, but to keep it short and hopefully ok, from what I've read the cyclist at minimum has been harassed - property trespassed, photos of his home and family, etc. Lawn-watering guy seems to have been scrutinized a lot related to the time he saw the girls (which IMO makes sense for LE but he shouldn't have to answer to anyone else).

ETA: I WISH we had this info, I just don't think he techincally owes it to anyone other than LE.

I haven't stayed up to date on this case but I see that posters are looking for more pictures of where the girls were found. I shared these a while back when they were first found but thought I'd repost them in case they help with what everyone is looking for now. They are just different views of the exact location they were found from different angles and different times of the year. I hope they help with the research that's going on now in the case.

50c0f1d060081preview-620_zps2642ba44.jpg

7bridges4_zpsd7f15237.jpg

7bridges3_zps70e21bb1.jpg

7bridges2_zpsbdb1d884.jpg

7bridges-1_zps7d6df815.jpg

once all the leaves are out on the trees, if a local has the time, it would be interesting to see how the area looks. From photos above it appears quite dense, I would like to see a few photos of the area from a walking perspective.
Thanks ahead of time if someone is willing to visit the site and post photos.
If it is as dense as it appears, that person(s) has to have been there prior to the crime. They have to be somewhat familiar with it.
It cannot be that many people that are familiar with it; it is too remote.
Just frustrating we all cannot figure out who that is.
I hope LE has more clues than us and gets to the bottom of this.
Makes me ill as the days go by and no arrest(s).

I agree. A very good photo. It made me realize how much water actually was in the river as opposed to some of the others that made it looked almost dried up.

I spent most of my posting time here today back on Thread 28, P.65, studying all the photos of 7Bridges area provided in Carbuff's post #1610.

Great collection of photos compiled by Crankycranker! As usual I ended up w/more Qs than answers. I'm pooped from trying to write out comments and questions by hand and write out a description of each pic I want to address in order to come back here and share my thoughts/questions...whew. (Maybe tomorrow I'll do that...)

For today, I will only address one of the thoughts that struck me about the Light/Bright aerial photo you referenced above which shows LE vehicles parked in the little circular drway type road near where bodies were found.

Am I the only one here who has ever wondered why that little area seems to be so well maintained in spite of the ?state/county not having maintained the park for several years?

The area is free of fallen limbs, trash, etc. The grass seems to have been nicely maintained... even protective rip-rap at the waterfront.

Why would I cringe whenever I see that you posted something?

Because this is a discussion group and I didn't feel up to taking the time and energy to counter each point you made as good members here would have done... instead, I went off to Thread 28 which is how I had looked forward to spending today.

I don't know about you, but I have my fave posters here and I have my least fave posters here. All too frequently these days I'm on my own least fave list! :)

I literally cringe at some of the things I say and do here. I guess I thought you might look at me that way too.

Because this is a discussion group and I didn't feel up to taking the time and energy to counter each point you made as good members here would have done... instead, I went off to Thread 28 which is how I had looked forward to spending today.

I don't know about you, but I have my fave posters here and I have my least fave posters here. All too frequently these days I'm on my own least fave list! :)

I literally cringe at some of the things I say and do here. I guess I thought you might look at me that way too.

I am so confused. When did I say that you have to counter every point I make? I simply replied to your post...

I spent most of my posting time here today back on Thread 28, P.65, studying all the photos of 7Bridges area provided in Carbuff's post #1610.

Great collection of photos compiled by Crankycranker! As usual I ended up w/more Qs than answers. I'm pooped from trying to write out comments and questions by hand and write out a description of each pic I want to address in order to come back here and share my thoughts/questions...whew. (Maybe tomorrow I'll do that...)

For today, I will only address one of the thoughts that struck me about the Light/Bright aerial photo you referenced above which shows LE vehicles parked in the little circular drway type road near where bodies were found.

Am I the only one here who has ever wondered why that little area seems to be so well maintained in spite of the ?state/county not having maintained the park for several years?

The area is free of fallen limbs, trash, etc. The grass seems to have been nicely maintained... even protective rip-rap at the waterfront.

Thanks for your research, Foxbluff! You're a big help. :). I hope I have not annoyed anyone here with my tenacity about the dump site. :blushing: I am often wrong. To me, the dump site is way more important than the abduction site...wherever THAT is. I believe that I know exactly where the girls bodies were found. It is outside park boundaries. Jmo.

I haven't stayed up to date on this case but I see that posters are looking for more pictures of where the girls were found. I shared these a while back when they were first found but thought I'd repost them in case they help with what everyone is looking for now. They are just different views of the exact location they were found from different angles and different times of the year. I hope they help with the research that's going on now in the case.

Thank you soooo much! These pics are great.

Would an inmate try to sell someone else's daughter?
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2013/03/30/20698001.html

"A Tennessee man is accused of trying to sell his daughter, 6, for $1,500 to bail his girlfriend out of jail.

Shawn Wayne Hughes, 32, was arrested in Kingsport, Tenn., on March 27, in a credit union parking lot where he had allegedly agreed to meet a buyer.

Earlier he'd allegedly repeatedly offered over the phone to sign over custody to the child’s 75-year-old great grandmother."

Ohhh how I do wish I had stayed on this thread yesterday so I would have seen your post here rather than spending (5) l-o-n-g frustrating hours on Thread #28 coming up w/more questions than answers. whew...

Little did I realize yesterday that (at least in my life) the part of the Easter Bunny this year was being played by a Princess and the part of the Eggs played by links/Aerial Vws which show the 7Bridges locations in the exact perspective for which I've been hunting.

One view even showing the beginning of the little Drway type road w/grass for a center line! Ty so much.

:loveyou:

Ok, without me going back and rereading every post.... where exactly were the bodies found??? To the right of the entrance?????

The park by Greenbriar, has it been made public why Lyric was late coming back from that park when she finally came back to Tammy's?

The park by Greenbriar, has it been made public why Lyric was late coming back from that park when she finally came back to Tammy's?

I know we've speculated about it, but I don't believe much was made public about that visit to the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean