IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It sounded like Misty and Lyric frequented George Wyeth for several weeks. Who's to say this guy did not strike up a conversation with Misty and Lyric? Misty may have sunbathed at some point leaving Lyric and this person to talk. He may have gotten a lot of information from Lyric. He could have asked her about her friends. She could have told him about Elizabeth and how she spent a lot of time with Elizabeth. He could have asked what did they like to do? Lyric could have said "we like to ride our bikes a lot." Oh really, and where do you guys ride? Just a thought. If the perp was a stalker, it could have started at George Wyeth. I don't think we can rule it out. Thank you Marilynilpa.

Yes I had thought a lot about that also, I also wonder if the family frequented any other lake in the area? Something about this perp and water sticks out to me, IMO, and its not just Myers Lake and Seven Bridges, more like maybe he lives near some sort of body of water or creek. Rambling I know :) How close is Storm lake in relation to everything?

Is there a place where all of the maps are in one place? These are just so fantastic. Otto should work for the CIA.

I know this is probably very annoying, but could someone tell me where it was again that Lyric and a cousin (?) were when they were briefly missing and came home late? Who's house was that and where was the location? A map would be preferable.

TIA

Is there a place where all of the maps are in one place? These are just so fantastic. Otto should work for the CIA.

I know this is probably very annoying, but could someone tell me where it was again that Lyric and a cousin (?) were when they were briefly missing and came home late? Who's house was that and where was the location? A map would be preferable.

TIA

It was George Wyeth Lake/Park, and Otto would be the go to map guy for that ;)

Yes I had thought a lot about that also, I also wonder if the family frequented any other lake in the area? Something about this perp and water sticks out to me, IMO, and its not just Myers Lake and Seven Bridges, more like maybe he lives near some sort of body of water or creek. Rambling I know :) How close is Storm lake in relation to everything?

Just google maps - 164 miles west of Evansdale - 2 hours 30 minutes - US 20 W. Interesting for sure.

Just google maps - 164 miles west of Evansdale - 2 hours 30 minutes - US 20 W. Interesting for sure.

Ok maybe that lake would be to far, think this perp needed it to be convenient for him, was just looking up house's for sale on lakes and came across one that went up for sale in September, but then think that would be out of our perp's way. Will keep looking. Thanks for the info.

Look how many times the girls and the bike rider cross paths.

That's the point that has been rather perplexing all along. We have the cyclist placing the bikes at the SE tip of Meyers Lake (where they were found 1.5 hours later) when the bikes could not have been there. The cyclist then places himself, 10 minutes later, on the same streets and at the same times as the children - yet he did not see the children cycling on those same roads/trails/intersections. It strikes me as such a huge coincidence that he and the children cycled the same routes that we explored as possible children's routes (from Brovan to Gilbert) yet they managed to avoid each other. If only he had noticed other suspicious activity in the area.

Here's a map of George Wyth Park, bikes trails in the area, and locations of bikes (Meyers Lake) and Brovan (video of girls cycling). Estimating the distance, it looks like about 8-9 miles from Brovan to Wyth Lake Park.

EvansdaleGeorgeWythPark.jpg

Another theory, the perp may live very close to Maiden Lane and knew who was home in the neighborhood (around him) that day and possibly lured the kids by telling them their parent had come to pick them up and to never mind their bikes, that they could get them later. IMO

Police were canvassing homes around Meyers Lake at 5 PM on July 13. It seems to me that it would be very risky to abduct the children at the park and keep them in the area when family and police were swarming the area from 3 PM on ... but it is possible.

BBM

George Wyth Park is where they went swimming, and I've wondered if that might be where Lyric caught someone's attention.

Bingo. That's my theory and close to where my suspect lives. The girls or one of them caught someone's attention during their daily visits to the lake and I believe they may have known Tammy in some way, as she lives close to the lake as well. Maybe in talking with the girls the perp learned of their daily schedule. It would be "convenient" for the snatch in Evansdale and the perp not being a suspect because of living in north Waterloo, imo. IIRC, Misty's bf she was seeing once lived at the same addy as Tammy. Now whether he was living with Tammy....????, but my suspect may have been an aquaintance of his also because of their ages.

Police were canvassing homes around Meyers Lake at 5 PM on July 13. It seems to me that it would be very risky to abduct the children at the park and keep them in the area when family and police were swarming the area from 3 PM on ... but it is possible.

Hopefully not.

But in one case that is clear in my mind, Jessica Lunsford was kidnapped from her own bed in her own home with her grandparents asleep in the next room. Older RSO who was staying without update at another home closeby, John Couey, kept her alive for 3 days then buried her alive right outside the door.

Most of that time LE was in a mobile command center right there.

They had gone to the home while Jessica was in it, but they did not know the RSO also lived there and his despicable relatives did not tell.

It is a horrible case. Her Daddy, Mark Lunsford now advocates and has been instrumental in getting "Jessica's Law" passed in all but a handful of states.

We have assumed the girls were together when snatched. What if one,
then tracked down the other ?

Wow, that's quite a thought IMO. Maybe the girls were playing hide and seek, or just exploring in different areas. I can see one of them being grabbed, silenced with a hand over the mouth and a threat of harm, and then tracking down the other child.

But it's difficult to imagine this type of situation not attracting a little bit of attention from cyclists/joggers/walkers using the trail - it seems there would be more of a scuffle if the girls were grabbed separately, and the perp couldn't be 100% certain no one would be using the trail at that particular time. JMO.

Who knows but I doubt it.

If they were seen at that time on Brovan, why didn't they go home when grandma called? She was annoyed enough to start physically looking by 12.30.

Was it grandma who saw them at 12.23? She originally said 11.30 then changed it to 12.15, then back again.

Maybe she meant 12.30 all along.

In which case the two bikes TG saw are either the girls bikes, someone elses bikes completely there by coincidence (which I don't believe for a second) or actual staged decoy bikes and the girls never even got to the lake in the first place.

It all depends on whether or not you include the FB gossip re. supermarket workers...:dunno:

Is that the 8 minute time gap in the tape...? 12:15 and 12:23??

Originally Posted by Marilynilpa
BBM

George Wyeth Park is where they went swimming, and I've wondered if that might be where Lyric caught someone's attention.

I'm of the opinion that if Lyric was the target, there were ample opportunities for Lyric to be targeted with her grandmother/guardian near home or on her way to school. This happened at Elizabeth's house, and Meyers Lake is where she reportedly regularly cycled.

If I had to speculate on the possibility that only one of the children was targeted, I would assume that it was Elizabeth.

I waffle between which girl was targeted if one of them was. I do think there was targeting and this was not random but I still haven't landed on which was the primary.

Bingo. That's my theory and close to where my suspect lives. The girls or one of them caught someone's attention during their daily visits to the lake and I believe they may have known Tammy in some way, as she lives close to the lake as well. Maybe in talking with the girls the perp learned of their daily schedule. It would be "convenient" for the snatch in Evansdale and the perp not being a suspect because of living in north Waterloo, imo. IIRC, Misty's bf she was seeing once lived at the same addy as Tammy. Now whether he was living with Tammy....????, but my suspect may have been an aquaintance of his also because of their ages.

Yep, yep, yep! I don't think perp lives in Evansdale. You are thinking younger perp? Great theory!

I was just searching Greenbrier Road on Mapquest & I didn't realize until now just how close it is to George Wyth. It has not been confirmed that TB's daughter & Lyric were actually at that park though, has it? To get there from the Greenbrier area they would have to cross a very busy Highway 218. I thought someone also mentioned a Greenbrier Park, but I can't find that on the map.

Here's a map of George Wyth Park, bikes trails in the area, and locations of bikes (Meyers Lake) and Brovan (video of girls cycling). Estimating the distance, it looks like about 8-9 miles from Brovan to Wyth Lake Park.

EvansdaleGeorgeWythPark.jpg

What is A and D on the map? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members