IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mental image of this case, I'm sorry if this offends some, but reminds me of the Ranger character in the cartoon Yogi Bear.

Really upsetting.

I wonder the same things. I am leaning towards they rode their bikes there on their own but the worrisome part for me is that Elizabeth's purse was on the other side of the fence. If they wanted to run away I would think she would take the purse with her.

Maybe someone they knew was fishing back there? This person invites them to fish with him for a little while....

then says, wow its so hot... I've got soda or ice cream at home - do you want to ride with me to grab my cooler and some drinks - we'll be right back

or, will you help me carry my fishing poles, tackle box to the car?

Didn't the guy on the path say that a bike was blocking the path? He said that he had to swerve around a bike, not that he leaned the bike against the fence. Other information is that the bikes were leaning against the fence, so it seems that the 12:27 sighting may not be credible ... especially if no one has come forward claiming to have moved the bikes. It seems to me that police need to go back to the last credible sighting at 12:15 and start again from that point.

Regarding tips from the public, so often tips come in that are not related to the missing person ... so I'm skeptical of all tips from people that didn't know the children.

I think the bikes were leaning on the fence when the spokesperson from today got there.

So this will grow legs and churn around I suppose. I don't see him clarifying it the way the pressers have been going.

I personally am thinking on the times that are reported and feeling this tightness.. much like the sommer thompson case... (tightness of the timeline)

whomever did this knows the area and was quick about what he/she did.

Makes me sick.

Kids cannot even ride their bikes anymore.

:furious:

Questions for the reporters to ask LE:

The family claims they last saw them at 11:30 but LE is still reporting 12:15 - where is the 12:15 time coming from?

Has the 12:27 bike sighting at the lake been confirmed?

Has the 2:30 sighting of the girls by man at the lake been confirmed?

Has the sighting of the girls by the man watering his lawn on Lake Ave. between 12 - 3 been confirmed?

Which direction were the bikes facing?
How were they found? Lying down on path, standing up on kickstands?

Was the purse/bag over the fence? Which fence?

Maybe someone they knew was fishing back there? This person invites them to fish with him for a little while....

then says, wow its so hot... I've got soda or ice cream at home - do you want to ride with me to grab my cooler and some drinks - we'll be right back

I agree it was someone that had reason to be at that lake.. or was doing something at that lake around the same time.

When you say biggest, do you politely mean overweight and/or tall for her
age?

I mean to say that she was nearly 5 feet tall and a sturdy girl. I'm sorry if it was insensitive, that was just the term used when we spoke. I'm an adult and only 5' 2" and she's only 3 inches shorter than I am.

Also, I went and looked up the articles about the man accused with the stabbing. It looks like as of May 24th of this year he was still awaiting trail with a potential to serve 10 years, so I'm assuming he's in custody and therefore not related to this tragedy.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/se...cle_8ddb2040-a5ee-11e1-87bf-0019bb2963f4.html

BBM. Oh no. You were not insensitive at all. I was just trying to clarify. In fact, I think the terms you used were very neutral and kind. I was just curious because weight and height can help understand activity level or how she may be perceived by others. It may also show an area of insecurity where someone could manipulate here or she could have been bullied, etc. Your post was fine...sorry if mine seemed harsh. i was just trying to get more information. :blushing:

I was thinking a similar scenario. Man says he was walking his dog and it got away. They go to help him look. Wasn't that how Somer got lured into that house, wanting to see a puppy?

The LE spokesperson said the bikes were leaning against the fence when he got there. He said one bike had a kickstand the other did not. He did not confirm how they were found.

If the girls are not found in the lake, imo the perp planned this abduction very carefully, was known to Lyric, was possibly aware of the previous incident ... no signs of a struggle, the girls went away willingly and I think the abduction occurred in the post office parking lot and bikes placed in the park in the middle of the night. The abduction is far too organized to be a decision that was made spur of the moment by some pervert/predator. Perp has FBI stumped!!

IMO

BBM. Oh no. You were not insensitive at all. I was just trying to clarify. In fact, I think the terms you used were very neutral and kind. I was just curious because weight and height can help understand activity level or how she may be perceived by others. It may also show an area of insecurity where someone could manipulate here or she could have been bullied, etc. Your post was fine...sorry if mine seemed harsh. i was just trying to get more information. :blushing:

Not at all! I just hoped I wasn't coming across insensitively. ;) That's the limits in the written word, it's hard to convey intent. I appreciate the response, you're very kind!

I'm absolutely absorbed in this right now. I took my son to the pediatrician's this afternoon and, though it's only a few blocks away, there are reminders of this case EVERYWHERE! It's scary to think that those girls were just out, riding their bikes, a few days ago not far from where we are.

The LE spokesperson said the bikes were leaning against the fence when he got there. He said one bike had a kickstand the other did not. He did not confirm how they were found.

I wonder if it was the fence on the highway side or the lake side. Not that it would make a huge difference, but if the girls were the ones that did it, it gives an idea of which way they were facing. I remember reading somewhere the bikes were on the lake side but the purse was found on the other side of the fence(on the highway side) is that right?

I'm not Jim, but I know he has covered the baby Lisa Irwin case in KC, MO. He posts on the Lisa Irwin forum here on WS.

Thanks. I didn't know that! Haven't spent much time reading baby Lisa's case. We don't have tv in our home. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.

Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

This sighting has not been verified or acknowledge by LE.

why? O/T but.....There has been a slew of attempted abductions of girls in and around the area of Peru, Illinois (north central) Here's form our local paper newstrib.com

He was not successful, but they don't stop until they get what they want, very scary. The van has no windows except up front.

Yes, I had read about the case in Peru a few days ago. She was riding a bike too.

I guess it's prime picking for pedos because everyone is outside. It's now a few months into the warm/summer season and people may be letting their guards down a little. Not to mention the extreme heat helping the brain melt a little. Everyone keep their antennas up!!! But watch that lightning..:what:.LOL

I see no problem with LE finding the bikes leaning against the fence. If the first gentleman had to swerve to avoid them, there were several hours for a Samaritan to wander by, notice a dangerous situation, and correct it.

Now, if that person would come forward.....

Does anyone local know anything about grandma's neighborhood? drugs? couples or singles? criminal activity? housing developement? anything that might indicate a problem? A house kids hang out allot? A man like David Westerfield?
Someone posted that her front yard was directly next to the parking lot of a men's big and tall store. (I don't know if that is a fact.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx