IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, how do we even know for sure this is where the girls were abducted? Losing focus here people.

I am focusing on what is going on now, and why this bizarre project has been proceeding so quickly with out plans and a detailed budget behind closed doors. IMHO there's more to it than meets the eye. :twocents:

All this money(How much?) would be well spent on a PI. :moo:

Is there any public accounting of all these funds?

Flood cleanup continues in Evansdale, Cedar Terrace - July 9, 2010
In Evansdale, reports varied from five to seven inches of rain falling during a three-hour stretch Wednesday morning. Cleanup for many homeowners will take much longer than the storm that caused the problems. Black Hawk County was named a state disaster area as a result of the flash flooding.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/fl...cle_5a525ad8-8b63-11df-9351-001cc4c03286.html

Thank you. Huge flood and lots of damage!

I wonder how well LE questioned friends of the girls. Someone in their age group may have a good idea of who took the girls, or even have seen something that day, but is scared to come forward, even to their parents. I still think a PI would be a good idea.

Exactly. Goes along with my theory that they were abducted by a family member of a friend.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I understand your point. I wish there was more info to discuss, but as you know things have been very quiet regarding the investigation. The latest news we have is that Lizzie's funeral has been scheduled. No word yet of Lyric's funeral service.

In lieu of any other topic of discussion, I don't mind discussing the memorial. At least this topic keeps the girls' thread active.

There are a lot of topics I'd love to discuss but, without any new information, all we can ask are the same old questions that have no answers. JMO.

I don't think there are any more plans for a funeral for Lyric. They had a memorial service, and she was going to be cremated. Elizabeth's service is based around the burial, from what I understand.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I wonder where they went? Was the Island clear cut and the trees taken for firewood? I would hope so ... that the trees were cut for firewood. The suggestion was that the Island trees were top heavy, meaning good firewood. If that is what happened, I wonder what the profits were and where that is on the books.

bbm - I can't answer those questions, but your post reminds me of an idea I had yesterday and adds to that idea.

I was thinking that perhaps the island plans should have included a 6th gazebo as a memorial to the lost trees.

Now I'm thinking it would have been a nice touch for that 6th gazebo to have been constructed from the remains of the trees. <tongue in cheek thoughts>

bbm - I can't answer those questions, but your post reminds me of an idea I had yesterday and adds to that idea.

I was thinking that perhaps the island plans should have included a 6th gazebo as a memorial to the lost trees.

Now I'm thinking it would have been a nice touch for that 6th gazebo to have been constructed from the remains of the trees. <tongue in cheek thoughts>

E & L Memorial firepit. Wood pre-stocked.

I don't understand what all the arrows mean. Are they just pointing to the trees that they are planning to plant? There are a total of 28 trees in their Island plan.

LOL I guess the arrows are necessary to see the trees :fence:

IIRC, there will be scores of new trees.

LOL I guess the arrows are necessary to see the trees :fence:

IIRC, there will be scores of new trees.

Good point. Maybe they're thinking that people don't realize that the round green symbols represent trees.

A score is 20, so 28 trees would be about 1.4 scores.

I would like to know how much this park is estimated to cost. They should be realistic about how much money they can raise since they claim they won't use taxpayer money. Get some idea of what businesses will donate money.

For the Jessica Ridgeway park renovations, 300k is from taxpayer money, about 60k from three local businesses, and 100k from personal donations. I know that these are two different cases in two different communities, but as you can see, in the Ridgeway case, they were "only" able to make about 160k from personal and business donations. Unless the people behind Angels' Park are significantly better at fundraising than the ones behind JR Park, I don't see them getting *that* much more in donations. Also, the people behind JR Park were only able to get a few businesses to give any money to the park renovation, so I don't see Angels' Park doing a whole lot better.

So like I said...two different cases...but I would be very surprised if Angels Park is able to get significantly more than JR Park did in donations, or is able to get significantly more businesses to donate money. Especially since JR Park seems to be way more organized in what exactly is happening.

I would like to know how much this park is estimated to cost. They should be realistic about how much money they can raise since they claim they won't use taxpayer money. Get some idea of what businesses will donate money.

For the Jessica Ridgeway park renovations, 300k is from taxpayer money, about 60k from three local businesses, and 100k from personal donations. I know that these are two different cases in two different communities, but as you can see, in the Ridgeway case, they were "only" able to make about 160k from personal and business donations. Unless the people behind Angels' Park are significantly better at fundraising than the ones behind JR Park, I don't see them getting *that* much more in donations. Also, the people behind JR Park were only able to get a few businesses to give any money to the park renovation, so I don't see Angels' Park doing a whole lot better.

So like I said...two different cases...but I would be very surprised if Angels Park is able to get significantly more than JR Park did in donations, or is able to get significantly more businesses to donate money. Especially since JR Park seems to be way more organized in what exactly is happening.

I understand what you are saying but we can't even compare this case to Jessica's because THEY FOUND THE KILLER. :banghead:

I keep going back to the witness who said Liz was seen often in the neighborhood. I wonder if she had friends there, or friends of friends.
That just keeps nagging at me.

Now with this project it seems strange, like a distraction or something.

Also, the people behind JR Park were only able to get a few businesses to give any money to the park renovation, so I don't see Angels' Park doing a whole lot better.

I was not aware of this, maybe that was the inspiration?

I understand what you are saying but we can't even compare this case to Jessica's because THEY FOUND THE KILLER. :banghead:

Yep, but wouldn't that mean that people and businesses would be more likely to donate to Jessica Ridgeway Park? That's one reason why I would be shocked if they are able to raise more $$ than JR Park raised. Also, I believe that most of the 100k in personal donations for JR Park were donated when Jessica was missing. So I think the amount of money that came in that was specifically donated to fund the park is not all that high. Consider that Jessica's case is solved, the park has not received any bad publicity so far, and the people behind it are much more organized...I would be shocked if Angels Park is able to raise more money.

I was not aware of this, maybe that was the inspiration?

It wouldn't surprise me. I have a feeling that anyone who is extremely involved in Angels' Park probably follows high-profile cases of missing/murdered children very closely. Plus, I think Jessica's case is the only case in the past six months that made national news that was somewhat similar to Elizabeth and Lyric's case; (All three girls were kidnapped when walking somewhere and they were all found murdered X miles away).

Yep, but wouldn't that mean that people and businesses would be more likely to donate to Jessica Ridgeway Park? That's one reason why I would be shocked if they are able to raise more $$ than JR Park raised. Also, I believe that most of the 100k in personal donations for JR Park were donated when Jessica was missing. So I think the amount of money that came in that was specifically donated to fund the park is not all that high. Consider that Jessica's case is solved, the park has not received any bad publicity so far, and the people behind it are much more organized...I would be shocked if Angels Park is able to raise more money.

I bet when the Jessica Ridgeway people offered up the idea they actually had blue prints in hand. They let the community know what was up before hand and didn't slide into a Council meeting on a Saturday. IMO No way no how was that Mayor gonna sit there and shoot any type of suggestion made by supporters of a grieving mother down. plans in hand or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves