IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wait a MINUTE: This group has promoted Saving Able as their lead band performance from the very beginning but it wasn't until YESTERDAY that they actually committed to it. SMH
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Concert-for-the-Angels/134193863421953?fref=ts

SAVING ABEL WILL BE AT THE CONCERT FOR THE ANGELS!!!!!
Their Sturgis Falls performance was canceled. Jared(Singer) and his wife are "expecting" around the time of that show and so they cannot commit at this time. BUT THEY WILL BE PERFORMING AT THE CONCERT FOR THE ANGELS!!!!!

I didn't take that announcement to read as the Concert for the Angels was a last minute commitment. I took that to read, we can't be at Sturgis Falls due to the impending birth of our child, but you can catch us at the Concert for the Angels.

I'm going to render a couple of more views of the bridge as it appears in the illustration, and then I'm going to re-build the model based on one gazebo, a retaining wall, three benches ... something more in line with our earlier understand of what would happen on the Island. Since money is obviously an issue, the park design will most likely have to be done in stages ... with the first stage restoring the stability of the land.

I didn't take that announcement to read as the Concert for the Angels was a last minute commitment. I took that to read, we can't be at Sturgis Falls due to the impending birth of our child, but you can catch us at the Concert for the Angels.

oooooooooooh well thank you for the clarification Didn't understand what Sturgis Falls had to do with anything. And specially since that concert isn't until June from what I have been told. :banghead:

I'm going to render a couple of more views of the bridge as it appears in the illustration, and then I'm going to re-build the model based on one gazebo, a retaining wall, three benches ... something more in line with our earlier understand of what would happen on the Island. Since money is obviously an issue, the park design will most likely have to be done in stages ... with the first stage restoring the stability of the land.

Otto are you on the little committee?

Otto are you on the little committee?

I'm not on any committee, but I have understood that the project started without a plan ... and now there needs to be a plan, with renderings (media reports were that the committee needed someone to volunteer to do the renderings), such that everyone can understand what is going to happen next. I have the software and the skills, so I'm putting together the renderings that everyone seems to need. If the committee wants to use them, they are welcome to them ... if not, then it still serves the purpose of allowing us to understand the organizing committee's vision ... and to think through the project a little (additionally, I need to practice software skills from time to time, and Revit is a software that I haven't used for a bit and need to practice - so I benefit too).

Regarding the renderings, the committee has produced some illustrations, but that is quite different from renderings that are typically used by urban planners, landscape architects, architects, interior designers and environmental designers when proposing projects.

Is it just my computer, or does the larger image not work?

What is the world coming to when my PC readily opens an image to full screen and yours (or anybody's) doesn't!?!? :great:

What is the world coming to when my PC readily opens an image to full screen and yours (or anybody's) doesn't!?!? :great:

I just tried again and it worked just fine! My computer must have still been half asleep.

Thanks to Cindersoot for the attached photo ... I'm wondering how the tree I've circled is going to manage in a strong wind. Looking at this photo, I'm of the opinion that the trees were removed not because they were sick, but because they didn't fit with the Island plan. The trees that remain appear to be located where trees are planned in the propsed illustration.

meyersclearcut_zpsafd65d3b.jpg

I'm not on any committee, but I have understood that the project started without a plan ... and now there needs to be a plan, with renderings (media reports were that the committee needed someone to volunteer to do the renderings), such that everyone can understand what is going to happen next. I have the software and the skills, so I'm putting together the renderings that everyone seems to need. If the committee wants to use them, they are welcome to them ... if not, then it still serves the purpose of allowing us to understand the organizing committee's vision ... and to think through the project a little (additionally, I need to practice software skills from time to time, and Revit is a software that I haven't used for a bit and need to practice - so I benefit too).

Regarding the renderings, the committee has produced some illustrations, but that is quite different from renderings that are typically used by urban planners, landscape architects, architects, interior designers and environmental designers when proposing projects.

That is very generous of you Otto. Do you have contact information for the group(s) so they know of your offer? If not, holler and I'll see what I can find, since I live in the area.

I haven't stayed up to date on this case but I see that posters are looking for more pictures of where the girls were found. I shared these a while back when they were first found but thought I'd repost them in case they help with what everyone is looking for now. They are just different views of the exact location they were found from different angles and different times of the year. I hope they help with the research that's going on now in the case.

50c0f1d060081preview-620_zps2642ba44.jpg

7bridges4_zpsd7f15237.jpg

7bridges3_zps70e21bb1.jpg

7bridges2_zpsbdb1d884.jpg

7bridges-1_zps7d6df815.jpg

Just bumping these great images of 7bridges (as a reference) in anticipation of what supersleuths, 3CKs and Cinder, are planning to share! <fox w/fingers crossed>

I stopped at the Hy-Vee grocery store on my lunch hour and the local entertainment magazine put out by the Courier named "Pulse" was on the rack. The cover story is about the concert for the girls. Here is the online edition:

http://issuu.com/cvpulse/docs/pulse-april2013-2?mode=window

The body of the article says this about the park:

"The park at Meyers Lake is now called Angel's Park and the Concert for the Angels, a fundraiser for the project, will raise money for new gazebos, a rose garden, and a picnic area there."

securedownload.jpg

Here is a picture I took yesterday 4/7/2013 at seven bridges. It is the opposite side to where the girls were found. When I took this I was alone and searching for the crime scene.

I keep going back to the witness who said Liz was seen often in the neighborhood. I wonder if she had friends there, or friends of friends.
That just keeps nagging at me.

Now with this project it seems strange, like a distraction or something.

Maybe the family feels guilty because they did let Liz ride quite far on her bicycle. Ths island project is like maybe they are trying compensate for letting her wander so far unattended. By now, though, I would have definitely have figured out the girls' route to the lake. I would have asked her friends when you guys rode to the lake which way did you go. I'm like Dr. Know, I would want to know everyone one Arbitus, Lake, etc. in that area. Why didn't the family tackle the Maiden Lane area and the hidden spot the girls were likely abducted from? Is that private property? Would they had to have gotten permission to clean that area up by cutting some trees down and cleaning undergrowth and removing the fence. Whose jurisidiction does that area fall under? Why the island? No one claim the island as their's?

Heather Collins said she would like to see the handprints of Lyric's and Elizabeth's classmates incorporated into the design.

She said on Easter Sunday she and her family drove to Meyers Lake.

"I imagined us going to that island and just being able to sit there," she said. "Right now, it's ugly and it's a mess, but we'll get there."

Board members and volunteers will meet next at 6 p.m. April 22 at Meyers Lake.

Heather's health probably prevented her from walking to Meyers Lake, but what if all the family members and friends had gotten together and walked and biked to the lake on Easter Sunday. Maybe traveled the route they believed the girls took on that fateful day. Maybe send a message to the perp that the family is still looking for the person who took and killed their girls?

View attachment 31685

Here is a picture I took yesterday 4/7/2013 at seven bridges. It is the opposite side to where the girls were found. When I took this I was alone and searching for the crime scene.

Still looks well-used... well traveled. Thanks for going for us! You and 3CK both! :blowkiss:

you're brave!

She is! I told my husband there was NO WAY I was going up there alone...let alone into the park by myself. :)

When we got to the gate and it was closed for traffic I hesitated to even walk into the park on foot.

She's brave :) She was armed with her camera and was on a mission. Not me. I'm a chicken. :floorlaugh:

One thing I will mention (and you will see in the video once I can get it posted) is that there is a deer cam cabled to a tree facing right in the area of where the bodies were found. :great: Maybe they can catch someone coming back to the scene of their crime??

On the other hand...it almost makes me wonder if they don't have any idea of who did it and are hoping to find a link via the deer cam. Maybe I will get brought in for questioning as to why I was there. :what: Oh well...I've got nothing to hide.

I highly doubt that though...there was a beaten path from the turnabout all the way to where the bodies were found...as well as wreaths and flowers placed right where the sheets were that we saw in the aerial pics so it appears lots of people have been there to visit the site. :(

I'm sure there are other cam's I didn't happen to see (probably at the entrance of the park...and along the path that I didn't notice)...but I was happy to see they are watching the area of where the girls were found.

If they DO question me as to why I was there, they are opening a whole can of worms because I'll be more than happy to share my thoughts (as well as everything else we've discussed) on this whole case. I'm taking you all down with me. They are gonna really think I'm a nutcase when I start questioning THEM on everything we've haggled over for the last 9 months. :floorlaugh:

Public burial set for Elizabeth Collins

EVANSDALE (AP) --- A public burial service has been scheduled for one of two slain Iowa cousins.

Heather Collins, the mother of Elizabeth Collins, says a service for her daughter will be held May 4 at Waterloo Memorial Park Cemetery. She says in an online post that the service will be part of the healing process.

Didn't they have a celebration of life service for Elizabeth after the girls' bodies were recovered? Is is SOP to have a second event for a burial service? Will this also be an event to keep donations for the island gazebo park flowing? Just curious. May 4 is still a little less than a month away. I do hope this will help in the Collins' healing process.

:tyou: You go girl! They'll wish they never ever opened that :worms:. :floorlaugh:

That is very generous of you Otto. Do you have contact information for the group(s) so they know of your offer? If not, holler and I'll see what I can find, since I live in the area.

Thanks! At this point, I'm still refining the 3D model and renderings but I'll let you know if I need help when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13