IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Well, I made it up to Seven Bridges today to take video of the park and I'm in the process of trying to convert the video to a file I can upload as my stupid cell phone took the video SIDEWAYS!

Anyway...apparently great minds think alike because you guys are not going to believe this, but I ran into a fellow sleuther while there! Cindersoot!!!:seeya:

It was actually hilarious because my husband was with me, and I saw her go down the path immediately coming into the park with a camera and I said to my husband "I'll bet you $100 bucks that's another sleuther". He says "whatever...what are the odds".

Well, when we were walking back to the car we ran into her coming back from the path she took (which was the same way the older gentleman had taken, which is actually the opposite direction of the bodies) but anyway, she stopped us to ask if we were from Evansdale. I said "no...we're just here taking some video of where the girls were found". She asked if we knew where the area was as she wasn't able to find it. I then asked if she was from Evansdale and she CAUTIOUSLY :floorlaugh: said "uh...no...I follow the case online". I started laughing and said "Websleuths?" She squeals "OMG YES...WHO ARE YOU?" I told her my username and she started screaming OMG OMG! We were so loud at our shock her husband literally jumped out of the vehicle thinking something was happening to her. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: She had to yell back "I'm FINE...don't worry"!

My husband just stood there laughing saying "Oh for God's sake...are you KIDDING ME?"

I was SO excited to see a fellow sleuther there! My husband just laughed on our way home and said "wow...you two were just in your own little world out there trying to put the pieces together". :floorlaugh:

I'm going to be posting the videos as soon as I possibly can so everyone can see the terrain and how stinkin far it is from the turnabout back to the area where the girls bodies were found (I'm guessing a good 150 yards probably!)

That is simply wonderful and truly meant to happen Wow another W/S and to top it off " Cindersoot " Wow ! That made my sleepless night God Bless you both. Pat:great:

Here are some additional renderings of the park:

EvansdaleMeyerLakeIsland2-1_zpsa76cf82c.jpg

EvansdaleMeyerLakeIsland2-2_zps53a11a83.jpg

EvansdaleMeyerLakeIsland23_zps2d58cfb7.jpg

EvansdaleMeyerLakeIsland2-4_zps0f59ce76.jpg

EvansdaleMeyerLakeIsland2-5_zpsb19ed6fb.jpg

Wow Otto! :seeya: You are amazing! These images make me wonder. Will parks and rec possibly earn revenues from gazebo rentals for parties, etc?

Whose heart's are quite hurt and disturbed regarding all this gibberish about a Memorial Park? To destroy the Island tree's is so very sad . They should put every dime into hiring someone that work's in the perp chasing business and just put a bench or Stone to their memories. Most of us have been with this case from the beganing and to see it turn into this is very hurtful to our heart's .Lyric & Elizabeth deserve a respectful memorial not a glitzy upped Gazebo . I agree with Otto the tree's at Maiden lane should be thinned outto make it safe for children. Let's get the perp that did this to these two beautiful Soul's . I never thought it would turn into this . I hope Wylma is doing ok . Sad so very sad and a mother that does not want to know what happened to her child does not make sense .Someone is in de nial and I don't mean the river in Egypt. God be with them all and us to.

WOW! :great:

I'm an early bird, so just reading updates. Kudos to our sleuthers!
Looking forward to the pictures.

:yourock:

Otto your renderings are great! :gthanks:

Welcome back SS. :seeya:

Fund Details
Name: Angels Memorial Fund
Type: Special Projects Fund
Comments:
The Fund was established to benefit the City of Evansdale, IA, for the benefit of the Angels Memorial project, a special project to remember the lives of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook.

http://www.cfneia.org/give/listofestablishedfunds/646-angels-memorial-fund

Angels Memorial Fund
The Angels Memorial Fund, a special project fund, has been established with the Community Foundation
of Northeast Iowa to collect donations for the Angels Memorial project at Meyers Lake in Evansdale,
Iowa, which will remember the lives of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook.
The Evansdale Park and Recreation Board has approved plans to construct a walkway linking the island in
Meyers Lake to Angels Park, located on the North side of the lake. The Angels Memorial will be located
on the island where a gazebo or park shelter will be
constructed, along with landscaping and some concrete
work to enhance the area. Preliminary estimates for the
project have been over $100,000.
Additionally, if more funds are raised than necessary
to complete the project, it has been discussed that a
permanent endowment fund could be set up with the
Community Foundation to provide grants for future
upkeep and maintenance of the Angels Memorial.

http://www.cfneia.org/content/funds/646/Angels Memorial Brochure.pdf?1362070805

You guys...I am gonna SCREAM!! I can NOT get these videos converted to a format that will let me upload! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My dang flip cam's battery was dead, so I took the video with my Droid Razr - which films in MP4.

I have downloaded a converter, but I have no idea what format I can use to get it to upload to an acceptable format that will also not have the video going sideways.

URGH...this is SO frustrating.

Any techie help would be wonderful!:blushing:

I can't get the pictures of the place where the bodies layed to down load off my phone, every time I try my phone freezes up. I'm taking it to us cellular today. UGH!

securedownload.jpg This was taken 4/7/2013 from the north looking south.

@ Cinder & 3crazy kids

Thanks so much for your efforts.
I am horrible with technology so understand your frustrations.

I do trust you will both work it out. Many are here to help.

Take a deep breath.................

:blowkiss:

I really don't see what the problem is with us discussing the memorial. Is it better for this case to become like Baby Lisa or Isabel Celis or Kyron Horman where the forum goes days without any posts? The park project is still part of the case. It is also pretty obvious by now that LE is not releasing any information about the case. It's not unrealistic to think that it might be months before we have something new to discuss. I would much rather talk about the park than just have a topic where every few days someone posts "Bumping for the girls!" and that's it.

I think nursebeeme's post, right above your's is just a reminder that we can talk about certain things (the memorial) but leave the snark at the door. And you are right there is not much to talk about, so the memorial talk does keep the thread going.

Fund Details
Comments:
The Fund was established to benefit the City of Evansdale, IA, for the benefit of the Angels Memorial project, a special project to remember the lives of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook.

Angels Memorial Fund
The Angels Memorial Fund, a special project fund, has been established with the Community Foundation
of Northeast Iowa to collect donations for the Angels Memorial project at Meyers Lake in Evansdale,
Iowa, which will remember the lives of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook.
The Evansdale Park and Recreation Board has approved plans to construct a walkway linking the island in
Meyers Lake to Angels Park, located on the North side of the lake. The Angels Memorial will be located
on the island where a gazebo or park shelter will be
constructed, along with landscaping and some concrete
work to enhance the area. Preliminary estimates for the
project have been over $100,000.
Additionally, if more funds are raised than necessary
to complete the project, it has been discussed that a
permanent endowment fund could be set up with the
Community Foundation to provide grants for future
upkeep and maintenance of the Angels Memorial.

Couldn't they include other children who are lost or deceased in order to help fund the project. I know that Lyric and and Lizzie are close to our hearts, but I am sure that there are at least a few other children in neighboring towns that could also be included in order to make the memorial happen. JMO

Couldn't they include other children who are lost or deceased in order to help fund the project. I know that Lyric and and Lizzie are close to our hearts, but I am sure that there are at least a few other children in neighboring towns that could also be included in order to make the memorial happen. JMO

I think there are other families involved from the MSM articles along the way. I believe the gal who was recently shot by her boyfriend....her family is also involved, and possibly another. I think that is why it's called "Angels Park", as it's more than just Lyric and Elizabeth's memorial.

I think that is where the granite benches came into play...for other people who have lost loved ones in the community.

Wow Otto! :seeya: You are amazing! These images make me wonder. Will parks and rec possibly earn revenues from gazebo rentals for parties, etc?

With five gazebos, a main building and paddleboat rental, it sounds like the park intends to generate some income ... so there will also be the cost of employees.

I'm still working to figure out how to get the videos to a format that Websleuths will let me upload.

I'm at work today and we have softball tonight (unless it doesn't stop raining) so hopefully within the next couple of days I can get this figured out.

Otherwise, I will take my flip cam back up there and re-do the videos. :(

I need to figure out how to get it converted from MP4 to a video player that will allow me to rotate the video. Quicktime won't let me unless I pay for Quicktime Pro. Windows Movie Maker will, but I don't know what acceptable format it will take to even open the file...I've tried AVI, WMV, WAV, etc. and it won't open the file at all.

Even if I was going to upload it sideways :banghead: I still have to convert it to a format that Websleuths will allow. I tried to just upload them sideways last night and it won't upload straight from the MP4 format. :(

Clearly I didn't plan this trip out very well (it was a last minute decision to head up) otherwise I would have had my SD card in my good camera and full batteries on my flip cam.:blushing:

Fund Details
Comments:

Angels Memorial Fund
The Angels Memorial Fund, a special project fund, has been established with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa to collect donations for the Angels Memorial project at Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa, which will remember the lives of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook. The Evansdale Park and Recreation Board has approved plans to construct a walkway linking the island in Meyers Lake to Angels Park, located on the North side of the lake. The Angels Memorial will be located on the island where a gazebo or park shelter will be constructed, along with landscaping and some concrete work to enhance the area. Preliminary estimates for the project have been over $100,000. Additionally, if more funds are raised than necessary to complete the project, it has been discussed that a permanent endowment fund could be set up with the Community Foundation to provide grants for future upkeep and maintenance of the Angels Memorial.

The clear cutting and illustration layouts go well beyound a walkway, gazebo or shelter, landscaping and concrete work.

City Council can't exactly claim that they didn't know about the clear cutting since the company that did the clear cutting has a connection to City Council and has done work for the City of Evansdale in the past. At the same time, I have read that some of the City Council members were surprised at what was done, as they expected that any trees that had to be removed would be tagged by Drew. It sounds like City Council expected one shelter in the form of a gazebo - like we did. Concrete work may have referred to a retaining wall, like the retaining wall that is on the parking lot side of the lake - to prevent erosion.

I don't think that $100,000 is enough money to repair/restore what has happened to the Island so far, and it is not enough to convert the Island into a park like we have seen in the illustrations. It seems that there has been a serious breakdown in communication between City Council and the organizing group ... but that doesn't make sense since it's a small town and there is crossover between the organizing group and city council. City Council meetings should be very interesting these days!

I'm still working to figure out how to get the videos to a format that Websleuths will let me upload.

I'm at work today and we have softball tonight (unless it doesn't stop raining) so hopefully within the next couple of days I can get this figured out.

Otherwise, I will take my flip cam back up there and re-do the videos. :(

I need to figure out how to get it converted from MP4 to a video player that will allow me to rotate the video. Quicktime won't let me unless I pay for Quicktime Pro. Windows Movie Maker will, but I don't know what acceptable format it will take to even open the file...I've tried AVI, WMV, WAV, etc. and it won't open the file at all.

Even if I was going to upload it sideways :banghead: I still have to convert it to a format that Websleuths will allow. I tried to just upload them sideways last night and it won't upload straight from the MP4 format. :(

Clearly I didn't plan this trip out very well (it was a last minute decision to head up) otherwise I would have had my SD card in my good camera and full batteries on my flip cam.:blushing:

If you're trying to upload a video directly to WS, that would most likely be the problem. You'll need to upload it somewhere else and then link it. Photobucket accepts .avi video. Youtube would be another option.

If you're trying to upload a video directly to WS, that would most likely be the problem. You'll need to upload it somewhere else and then link it. Photobucket accepts .avi video. Youtube would be another option.

I'm going to try again tonight if we don't have softball. I may just have to try to upload it to YouTube and create an account there...hopefully it will take MP4 format.

It may be sideways but I suppose that's better than nothing. And not to mention the fact that I'm trying to talk, walk, and record at the same time. I should have worn a "Today is my hot mess day" shirt while I did the recordings...that would have been the icing on the cake. :floorlaugh:

I'm going to try again tonight if we don't have softball. I may just have to try to upload it to YouTube and create an account there...hopefully it will take MP4 format.

It may be sideways but I suppose that's better than nothing. And not to mention the fact that I'm trying to talk, walk, and record at the same time. I should have worn a "Today is my hot mess day" shirt while I did the recordings...that would have been the icing on the cake. :floorlaugh:

We don't mind turning our laptops sideways to view the video. I am very interested in seeing the area. The media photos didn't give as much information as I would have liked. What you are doing is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver