IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Concert for the Angels is over, and Lizzie is buried, and the Meyers Lake Memorial Island of Evansdale is complete, I wonder what Heather will find to keep herself busy.

I'm not being snarky, by the way. I really think that Heather keeps herself immersed in all the fundraising and memorial plans, etc., to keep from being still long enough to understand that Lizzie is forever gone. JMO.

bbm & gads... until you added that one, I thought I might know the answer which would have been: She will with her deep faith in the beyond, and w/her loving flair for planning things, throw herself into planning a gravesite/tombstone for Lizzie which will reflect her joy that her dau is in a better place. You know... a kind of Celebration of Death ???...IMHO...

After the Concert for the Angels is over, and Lizzie is buried, and the Meyers Lake Memorial Island of Evansdale is complete, I wonder what Heather will find to keep herself busy.

I'm not being snarky, by the way. I really think that Heather keeps herself immersed in all the fundraising and memorial plans, etc., to keep from being still long enough to understand that Lizzie is forever gone. JMO.

Some people, when faced with stressful events, bury themselves in their work. If I had to guess, Heather might fall into that category. By keeping busy, she's probably able to slowly process what has happened. By the time the Island is complete, she will have had time to process her loss and quite likely she will move on to other things that are meaningful to her.

snipped from: December 13, 2012 8:45 am •
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_0aa203df-f03c-5322-87b6-194cb70a60a1.html

"Lyric will not be forgotten," Cook said. (Wylma)

The way they were: At the beginning of summer, Misty Morrissey and Lyric showed up at Brousseau's home every morning. Kaley, 11, and Lyric often went jogging and swimming, or did cartwheels with neighborhood children. "We did everything together," Tammy said. "Every day. We spent sun up till sun down together. I have been so blessed. I got to spend a lot, a lot of precious time with Lyric." Kaley treasures the memories of her cousin in their makeshift clubhouses, playing Zelda on their Nintendo DSi game systems and pushing each other around on a luggage cart through a hotel hallway. "I love Lyric," Kaley said. "She's, like, my best friend." Lyric especially enjoyed playing with American Girl dolls and once cut one's hair to match her own. "They're, like, $100 dolls," she added.

Lyric and Elizabeth also were close. Cook, their grandmother, said they loved painting their nails. "They were constantly changing colors," she said. "We've got so many pictures. And Lyric loved to pose."
... "Like in the morning when she got up, she'd run into my arms, 'Good morning, Grandma, I love you.' "And at bedtime, her and I would hold hands, we'd talk about the day, and we'd pray," she added.

Later on the evening of Dec. 5, (the day the news came the girls' bodies had been found) the group moved to Countryside Vineyard Church. Brousseau knelt at the altar with her daughter, Kaley Bertch, and Misty Morrissey. Heather and Drew Collins were on the other side.
--------
Countryside Vineyard Church - Posted July 14, 2012
"As many of you, we are heartbroken for these two wonderful girls, and their families. We are praying as a church for their safe return. Lyric has been a wonderful addition to my class (Pastor Joe). To Misty, Dan, Drew, and Heather, we are praying for and helping in the recovery process where possible. Misty, Jeff, and Lyric have been coming to church here for most of this year, and have been such a blessing to our family. Our hearts go out to you. "
https://www.facebook.com/CountrysideVineyard

I find this discouraging:

"This was a very unique situation with those two girls, and hopefully one that will come to resolution here shortly -- and I don't know that (it) will, but we are certainly hopeful," said Smock.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/21941711/...f-says-stranger-danger-conversation-important

BBM

I can't seem to shake this statement from Smock.
This statement speaks volumes. LE has been EXTREMELY meticulous about their statements in regards to this case. Keeping everything extremely close to the vest.

I really hope this isn't LE's way of slowly, gently, easing these types of statements to the public that LE isn't going to be able to make an arrest and it's best to look forward and not back. :please:

snipped from: December 13, 2012 8:45 am •
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_0aa203df-f03c-5322-87b6-194cb70a60a1.html

"Lyric will not be forgotten," Cook said. (Wylma)

The way they were: At the beginning of summer, Misty Morrissey and Lyric showed up at Brousseau's home every morning. Kaley, 11, and Lyric often went jogging and swimming, or did cartwheels with neighborhood children. "We did everything together," Tammy said. "Every day. We spent sun up till sun down together. I have been so blessed. I got to spend a lot, a lot of precious time with Lyric." Kaley treasures the memories of her cousin in their makeshift clubhouses, playing Zelda on their Nintendo DSi game systems and pushing each other around on a luggage cart through a hotel hallway. "I love Lyric," Kaley said. "She's, like, my best friend." Lyric especially enjoyed playing with American Girl dolls and once cut one's hair to match her own. "They're, like, $100 dolls," she added.

Lyric and Elizabeth also were close. Cook, their grandmother, said they loved painting their nails. "They were constantly changing colors," she said. "We've got so many pictures. And Lyric loved to pose."
... "Like in the morning when she got up, she'd run into my arms, 'Good morning, Grandma, I love you.' "And at bedtime, her and I would hold hands, we'd talk about the day, and we'd pray," she added.

Later on the evening of Dec. 5, (the day the news came the girls' bodies had been found) the group moved to Countryside Vineyard Church. Brousseau knelt at the altar with her daughter, Kaley Bertch, and Misty Morrissey. Heather and Drew Collins were on the other side.
--------
Countryside Vineyard Church - Posted July 14, 2012
"As many of you, we are heartbroken for these two wonderful girls, and their families. We are praying as a church for their safe return. Lyric has been a wonderful addition to my class (Pastor Joe). To Misty, Dan, Drew, and Heather, we are praying for and helping in the recovery process where possible. Misty, Jeff, and Lyric have been coming to church here for most of this year, and have been such a blessing to our family. Our hearts go out to you. "
https://www.facebook.com/CountrysideVineyard

Thank you, B4igo, for remembering Lyric in a special way imo before this weekend is over...

To All: Here's another way we can note our remembrance of Lyric before this weekend is over (originally provided some time ago by ws'er tlc) :

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=LCM

This statement speaks volumes. LE has been EXTREMELY meticulous about their statements in regards to this case. Keeping everything extremely close to the vest.

I really hope this isn't LE's way of slowly, gently, easing these types of statements to the public that LE isn't going to be able to make an arrest and it's best to look forward and not back. :please:

Yet I interpret it the opposite way! :moo:

I am reassured by his speech...heavily snipped by me to illustrate why -
"This was a very unique situation with those two girls, and hopefully one that will come to resolution here shortly...Smock emphasized people should not be scared to let their children play outside..."I don't think there's a need for parents to be scared. You certainly don't need to keep your kids indoors."

He speaks of a "unique situation".

Most folks assume two girls missing and murdered are a sexual predator type situation, but Smock clearly implies that was NOT what happened here...it is "unique", meaning there has been no other like it.

He also speaks of the crime as a "situation" which is a strangely soft word to use for a double abduction/rape/murder.

If there's no need for parents to be "scared" or keep their kids inside, it seems Smock does NOT expect a repeat crime any time soon, for whatever reason. Otherwise he would warn vigilance and advise the community of a predator, per Colorado when Jessica Ridgeway was found murdered.

There is a distinct lack of anxiety in his tone, in my opinion, and he expects a "resolution" rather than an "arrest"...again, strange wording, as if this is a board meeting rather than a double abduction/rape/murder of two children.

IMO they have their suspect/s, and the "resolution" is between LE and the DA and getting enough hard evidence to be permitted to arrest and charge the suspect/s.

:cow:

I find this discouraging:

"This was a very unique situation with those two girls, and hopefully one that will come to resolution here shortly -- and I don't know that (it) will, but we are certainly hopeful," said Smock.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/21941711/...f-says-stranger-danger-conversation-important

BBM

What I understand from that article is that this was a stranger abduction and that police are unable to solve the case at this time.

"Smock hopes this helps when parents approach the "stranger danger" conversation with their kids.

He says last summer was difficult losing Lyric and Elizabeth, but it serves as a reality that something like this could happen."

There are two dead children. If that does mean look forward and forget about it I feel like everyone on that force needs to be fired. You don't just "look forward" from the murder of children. Not only for Lyric and Elizabeth, but child murderers usually do not just murder once and retire.
I think it means a bit more like what Otto said-not necessarily stranger abduction, but I do think they don't know and don't have any promising leads right now. It is sad, but I do feel like they are going to continue to look, but there isn't much to work with.

Last time I said that they arrested someone within a week for a different case so let's hope the world proves me wrong again!

What I understand from that article is that this was a stranger abduction and that police are unable to solve the case at this time.

"Smock hopes this helps when parents approach the "stranger danger" conversation with their kids.

He says last summer was difficult losing Lyric and Elizabeth, but it serves as a reality that something like this could happen."

I suppose it's open to interpretation, since I took it to mean something different.

"This was a very unique situation with those two girls, and hopefully one that will come to resolution here shortly...Smock emphasized people should not be scared to let their children play outside..."I don't think there's a need for parents to be scared. You certainly don't need to keep your kids indoors."

Most folks assume two girls missing and murdered are a sexual predator type situation, but Smock clearly implies that was NOT what happened here...it is "unique", meaning there has been no other like it.

He also speaks of the crime as a "situation" which is a strangely soft word to use for a double abduction/rape/murder.

If there's no need for parents to be "scared" or keep their kids inside, it seems Smock does NOT expect a repeat crime any time soon, for whatever reason. Otherwise he would warn vigilance and advise the community of a predator, per Colorado when Jessica Ridgeway was found murdered.

There is a distinct lack of anxiety in his tone, in my opinion, and he expects a "resolution" rather than an "arrest"...again, strange wording, as if this is a board meeting rather than a double abduction/rape/murder of two children.

IMO they have their suspect/s, and the "resolution" is between LE and the DA and getting enough hard evidence to be permitted to arrest and charge the suspect/s.

Thank you for this. I have a tendency to be a Negative Nancy when it comes to LE in this case, and seeing a different perspective gives me hope. I hadn't looked at it in that way. It certainly brings a different perspective to the statement. :seeya:

I notice at :54 the camera focuses on him fidgeting with his bracelet.
Just something I noticed.

BBM

I agree with you. :rocker:

Jumping off your post, there is a place, outside of family, where the girls' lives intersected, and that is church. If someone targeted both girls, perhaps it's someone they knew from church. NNMO, but it's something to consider.

I agree. :seeya:

grasping at straws, wondering if tree farm peeps belong to the church?

I suppose it's open to interpretation, since I took it to mean something different.

Their comments seem to be well timed, by my observation.
Small town, too many people know each other, plans behind closed doors etc.
Makes me wonder.........

I think that's exactly what it means...sad to say.

I think that's exactly what it means...sad to say.

FYI: ID tomorrow night - FBI: Criminal Pursuit - Bound for Murder.
Two young girls vanish from a small town. The FBI searches for a serial predator.

Maybe this will be one of the cases our posters listed today ? It is supposedly new - but they repackage the same programs so many different ways it is hard to say who the girls in this program will feature.

Smock is advising the community to ensure that children are aware of the fact that strangers can be dangerous. He then says that losing Lyric and Elizabeth serves as a reminder that dangerous strangers can even happen in Evansdale.

It seems straight forward.

Smock is advising the community to ensure that children are aware of the fact that strangers can be dangerous. He then says that losing Lyric and Elizabeth serves as a reminder that dangerous strangers can even happen in Evansdale.

It seems straight forward.

Thanks Otto for your opinion. I disagree. His behavior is fidgety, and words carefully chosen JMHO. :fence:

Their comments seem to be well timed, by my observation.
Small town, too many people know each other, plans behind closed doors etc.
Makes me wonder.........

Sorry to quote myself, but I find the timing of released statements interesting. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell