IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Commercial Horticulture The Commercial Horticulture program provides students with technical training in the broad horticulture field through classroom, greenhouse, turf lab, tree nursery and practical on-the-job employment experiences.

Could there be a link between pigman and the tree farm near 7-Bridges? Possibly tried to get a job there when he was released from prison.

Commercial Horticulture The Commercial Horticulture program provides students with technical training in the broad horticulture field through classroom, greenhouse, turf lab, tree nursery and practical on-the-job employment experiences.

Could there be a link between pigman and the tree farm near 7-Bridges? Possibly tried to get a job there when he was released from prison.

wow... you're quick w/searches.

And, yes, that's a good thought imo.

I'm still reeling from hearing that the pigman's ploy to get (2) young girls to get in his truck involved lawn mowing of all things!

wow... you're quick w/searches.

And, yes, that's a good thought imo.

I'm still reeling from hearing that the pigman's ploy to get (2) young girls to get in his truck involved lawn mowing of all things!

Yes, strange ploy indeed! I just read that he kidnapped the twin toddlers because he didn't like the way one of them behaved. The article shut down on me. Yahoo, I believe. Doesn't make much sense to me. :moo:

5/28/13 - Kathlynn Search UPDATE at wcf...

Investigators regroup in search for missing teen

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) --- Investigators searching for a missing 15-year-old Iowa girl met Tuesday to refocus their efforts as they examine the movements of the registered sex offender suspected of kidnapping her last week.

Dayton Police Chief Nick Dunbar said investigators from local, state and federal agencies "combined all of our notes, tips and leads" during the meeting, which was called to refine the scaled-back search for Kathlynn Shepard. Search efforts continued Tuesday in rural central Iowa but were hampered by heavy rains that left ditches and farm fields flooded and the Des Moines River at a high level, he said.

Analysts are trying to pin down the "definitive path" that Michael J. Klunder traveled after he abducted Shepard and her 12-year-old friend while they were walking home from school on May 20 in Dayton, a small town about 60 miles north of Des Moines, Dunbar said.

"We are trying to narrow down the path that he took after the abduction," Dunbar said.
<snipped>

5/28/13 - Kathlynn Search UPDATE at wcf...

Investigators regroup in search for missing teen

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) --- Investigators searching for a missing 15-year-old Iowa girl met Tuesday to refocus their efforts as they examine the movements of the registered sex offender suspected of kidnapping her last week.

Dayton Police Chief Nick Dunbar said investigators from local, state and federal agencies "combined all of our notes, tips and leads" during the meeting, which was called to refine the scaled-back search for Kathlynn Shepard. Search efforts continued Tuesday in rural central Iowa but were hampered by heavy rains that left ditches and farm fields flooded and the Des Moines River at a high level, he said.

Analysts are trying to pin down the "definitive path" that Michael J. Klunder traveled after he abducted Shepard and her 12-year-old friend while they were walking home from school on May 20 in Dayton, a small town about 60 miles north of Des Moines, Dunbar said.

"We are trying to narrow down the path that he took after the abduction," Dunbar said.
<snipped>

Wait...I thought he took them directly to the hog confinement office area.:waitasec:

What the what?

I suspect that I'm not the only one here who thought (and hoped) that poor little Kathlynn would be found w/in 48 hours of her cruel abduction.

Not only for the sake of justice for her, which is richly deserved, but for the sake of justice for our little girls as well.

IMO, it sooo hurt that our little girls' remains were not discovered sooner. And, I believe, that the sooner Kathlynn is found the better able LE will be able to make a comparison to what happened to her to any little amt of info they may have been able to find at 7bridges.

I wonder if our local LE has been able to determine what autos were avail to the pigman on July 13th? and/or if he could have been in E'dale on July 13th.

Wait...I thought he took them directly to the hog confinement office area.:waitasec:

What the what?

Oh gads... now you've got me scratching my head, too.

I had read it to mean that they were trying to find the definitive path the pigman took after leaving the pig confinement area?!?

Though, let's admit, we here would like to know the definitive path he took in order to p/u two innocent children... you know, the kind of "search pattern" or MO or whatever you would call it...

This is what the 12 y/o said in an interview:

Klunder drove the girls throughout the rural Dayton countryside before stopping at a hog confinement where he worked.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130522/NEWS/305220101/1001/?odyssey=obinsite

He must have been trying to confuse the girls so they would not know which way to leave if they did escape ? It's bizarre! He leaves his gun in the truck w/the 12 y/o while he takes Kathlynn away. Sounds like the 12 y/o remained in the truck until she felt like she could safely sneak out of the truck. She took the gun w/her and hid it. Smart kid!

Makes me wonder more about Lyric and Lizzie... Were their hands bound with zip ties? Did he kill them with his gun? And did pigman have access to a big freezer somewhere?

Oh gads... now you've got me scratching my head, too.

I had read it to mean that they were trying to find the definitive path the pigman took after leaving the pig confinement area?!?

Though, let's admit, we here would like to know the definitive path he took in order to p/u two innocent children... you know, the kind of "search pattern" or MO or whatever you would call it...

Yes, definitely would want to know the definitive path taken by pigman. It is my understanding he had abducted the girls at 4:00. By 4:30 the 12 y/o had escaped so how many paths could pigman have taken? I guess if you're abducted minutes seem like hours. Cannot imagine the terror the girls felt when they arrived at a pig confinement area!!! :scared: From cinder's description they're rather isolated, lonely places to be...

What the what?

My opinion is that they definitely know the girls were taken to the hog confinement after abduction. They are still trying to figure out the exact path he took when leaving confinement to dump the backpacks, Kathlynn and commit suicide.

My opinion is that they definitely know the girls were taken to the hog confinement after abduction. They are still trying to figure out the exact path he took when leaving confinement to dump the backpacks, Kathlynn and commit suicide.

Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks!

I guess I didn't realize she escaped from the truck either! I thought he took them both to the office area - he took Kathlynn to another part of the confinement - and D escaped from there and took the gun with her.

Wow...I gotta go back and re-read.

I wonder if he owns any other property beside the pig farm or if he has relatives in his area that owns farms, any kind of farms?

Was confused as to why I would get a google alert for an old article of 5/22/13: "Parents Can Help Preteens with Abduction Concerns" until I saw that a comment had been made today...

#1 - It's most likely my opinion only, however, of all the articles I've seen on same subj, this one didn't impress me...

#2 - What caught my interest, however, was the imho pretty much clueless comment...

I would bet he dumped the backpacks after he dumped Kathlynn. Sorry, the word dump sounds bad.

I would bet he dumped the backpacks after he dumped Kathlynn. Sorry, the word dump sounds bad.

This whole situation sounds bad and it is bad,
There's no way of stating facts and opinions on this case without making it sound "bad". There's no possible way to wrap any of this into a tight cute bow.
I admit I even cringed after rereading "dump" in my own comments.
It's easier for my mind to deal with cases that happened so far away because my mind treats it like an episode of Dateline.
I must admit that when Mickey Shunick disappeared in my neighborhood I started waking up with nightmares until BSL was caught.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130522/NEWS/305220101/1001/?odyssey=obinsite

He must have been trying to confuse the girls so they would not know which way to leave if they did escape ? It's bizarre! He leaves his gun in the truck w/the 12 y/o while he takes Kathlynn away. Sounds like the 12 y/o remained in the truck until she felt like she could safely sneak out of the truck. She took the gun w/her and hid it. Smart kid!

Makes me wonder more about Lyric and Lizzie... Were their hands bound with zip ties? Did he kill them with his gun? And did pigman have access to a big freezer somewhere?

OMG & OMG... I'm sooo looking forward to being able to get back here tomorrow...

This is ALL interesting news to me... not due to a lack of info on this brd, but to my lack of time/ability to study this brd.!

I had thought the 12 y.o. escaped from the pig confinement bldg!!

Days ago, thanks to Omms I believe, an intervw w/ the 12 y.o. was given by video (which I can't stream), but I was reluctant to ask if there was a written article of the same...

Gads again... now I have a written article, but am totally confused by the (video??) pic included w/the article.

Somebody please tell me that's not a pic of Kathlynn or Desi ????

OMG & OMG... I'm sooo looking forward to being able to get back here tomorrow...

This is ALL interesting news to me... not due to a lack of info on this brd, but to my lack of time/ability to study this brd.!

I had thought the 12 y.o. escaped from the pig confinement bldg!!

Days ago, thanks to Omms I believe, an intervw w/ the 12 y.o. was given by video (which I can't stream), but I was reluctant to ask if there was a written article of the same...

Gads again... now I have a written article, but am totally confused by the (video??) pic included w/the article.

Somebody please tell me that's not a pic of Kathlynn or Desi ????

The video won't stream on the link for me either. Kccl must have disabled it to protect her identity. I don't think that's a pic of Kathlynn or Desi. Looks like it was a woman talking about willing to help search... :moo:

I never watched the video interview, so maybe the information was different. . .

"Klunder drove the girls throughout the rural Dayton countryside before stopping at a hog confinement where he worked.

&#8220;I tried to be quiet in the truck,&#8221; <12 y/o> said. &#8220;He said that if we did what he said, he&#8217;d let us go. But I knew that we were a long way from other peoples&#8217; houses. When we got to the hog confinement, I knew that something was wrong.&#8221;

<12 y/o> said that Klunder zip-tied their hands and took Kathlynn to another location on the grounds.

&#8220;He had a gun, but he left it. I took it and hid in the woods. I ran through the woods and past a field. I found a cemetery and then I ran some more,&#8221; <12 y/o> said."

To me, the article reads like he left her in the truck, but like I said I did not watch the actual interview and it won't stream for me now. If someone does have a link to the live interview, I would appreciate it. TIA!

snipped> from your link

D said that Klunder zip-tied their hands and took Kathlynn to another location on the grounds.

OKay, bringing this over from Kathlynn's thread because I thought this was a good post. . . hope you guys don't mind!

Originally Posted by iamnotagolem
I'm trying to catch up after being on the road for 10 days. If I'm understanding correctly Klunder did not commit suicide at home, rather a different residence. Do we know whose residence this was? I don't need a name, just wondering if he had a connection to it, or was the house a random location.

Sorry for all of the questions, I've tried looking through news articles but am not finding what I'm looking for. Was he a suspect prior to his suicide? Was there a police presence at his home in Stratford that afternoon? I'm trying to figure out if he dumped Kathlynn after heading north from the backpack dump site or if he dumped her while still down south by the backpacks.

Squeeze replied

I was just looking for that information myself. I've read that he committed suicide at home, yet I found this article that gives a different address:

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/pi...pardUpdate.htm

3319 Taylor Avenue is owned by the same company that owns the hog confinement where he worked - at 3023 400th Street. Well, it's actually a realty company, Litchfield Realty in Ames.

I agree - she has to be near where the backpacks were found. I see that Barkley Memorial State Park is near there. And look where 144th Lane ends.... near the Des Moines River.

Goodness! I'm hopping like a jack rabbit running from a rattlesnake between two threads!!

I thought Squeeze's information was good too, especially the link Realty Company. Thinking back about how much we talked about the empty house at Lake Meyers being for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett