IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot, I just get so frustrated with this case, I feel like nothing is ever going to be done and we will never hear anything from LE. Sorry I'm ranting.

I know exactly how you feel cinder! I'm juggling several things this morning, but let me assure you there is A lot of scanner activity. We may need a scanner thread soon. You can listen here: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/8665/web/?rl=rr

and here: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/3776/web/?rl=rr

Can't post what is said on the scanners though! I don't have time to transcribe in a scanner thread right now. I will be able to later tonight though.

Hang in there!

So, when and if a scanner thread is opened up, will we get a link??

Yes I also have noticed the increase in animal abuse reports. I have also noticed the increase in child abduction attempts, at least in Iowa. I think society has lost all it's morals. It just seems like anything goes anymore. I watch the news way too much and it is so filled with people doing things unimaginable a few years back.

I honestly don't think that this is happening more. I think we are just more aware of it, with all of the media attention, internet, etc. It used to be that kids were kidnapped and nothing was done about it. The same with animal abuse. I hate hearing about it, but at least now it's being dealt with, and there are serious penalties for those crimes.

I pm'd a mod! There is a LOT OF ACTIVITY GOING ON AT THE GRUNDY AND BLACKHAWK COUNTY SCANNER FEED. Maybe somebody with more influence than I could PM a mod to get a scanner thread. I'm almost off work and I can listen and transcribe.

I pm'd a mod! There is a LOT OF ACTIVITY GOING ON AT THE GRUNDY AND BLACKHAWK COUNTY SCANNER FEED. Maybe somebody with more influence than I could PM a mod to get a scanner thread. I'm almost off work and I can listen and transcribe.

I wonder if the activity is caused by preparation for the burial service tomorrow for Lizzie?

I wonder if the activity is caused by preparation for the burial service tomorrow for Lizzie?

Great thought Marilyn! I think it is probably a combination of the burial service AND LE is looking for the people that tried to abduct the 9-year-old in Waterloo too. You rock Girlfriend! :rockon:

I was hoping we would at least get a sketch from the description the girl gave. I also wonder if the little girl had heard about Lyric and Elizabeth and tried hard to give a good description. Ergggg! This is frustrating!

I was hoping we would at least get a sketch from the description the girl gave. I also wonder if the little girl had heard about Lyric and Elizabeth and tried hard to give a good description. Ergggg! This is frustrating!

That's probably why she fought so hard to get away, and how she, or someone, got a partial plate. Nothing like an abduction happening so close to home to keep the kids on their toes. And, it being 4 digits in the.license plate, that tells me that its not an Iowa plate. We have 3 digits and 3 letters.

That's probably why she fought so hard to get away, and how she, or someone, got a partial plate. Nothing like an abduction happening so close to home to keep the kids on their toes. And, it being 4 digits in the.license plate, that tells me that its not an Iowa plate. We have 3 digits and 3 letters.

"Pillack says the van is described as black with no windows. A possible license plate on the van includes the numbers similar to "1050."

Black with no windows - pretty distinctive - commercial van?

Middle aged black man and white woman. Would both have a records?

"Pillack says the van is described as black with no windows. A possible license plate on the van includes the numbers similar to "1050."

Black with no windows - pretty distinctive - commercial van?

Middle aged black man and white woman. Would both have a records?

Well at least its not a white van. Probably long gone by now, though.
:(

This funeral service was not possible before Saturday as the state medical examiner was conducting on autopsy on both Elizabeth and her cousin, Lyric Cook, whose bodies were found in December.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22154662/2013/05/03/missing-cousin-funeral-service

ETA: Now certain things make sense. Dan had a trial scheduled for April 29th. Since he didn't know this trial would be delayed, maybe he felt he would be unable to attend a service for Lyric after her body was released. So he requested a service for Lyric last month, which the family held privately. JMO.

http://www.yellodyno.com/pdf/OJJDP_Child_Molesters_Who_Abduct Children.pdf

They did not talk about the variables of animal abuse and arson, specifically, unless it was in one of the case studies. Most abductors are not adept at finding access to children because they do not function socially well enough. They obtain access through abduction. The exception is the organized sadistic psychopath who may have adequate enough social skills to use lures. I would think this type of person would be more likely to have a history of arson and animal abuse. The article said that the most likely suspect in an abduction would be the inadequate loner type even more than someone with a history of sex offenses.

I wish there would be better weather for Elizabeth's burial tomorrow. It makes me so sad that they had to wait this long and now the weather won't be good.:(

I wish there would be better weather for Elizabeth's burial tomorrow. It makes me so sad that they had to wait this long and now the weather won't be good.:(

I just hope LE is undercover and watching...

Good luck to everybody tomorrow.

I keep asking myself what can I do? So I decided something tonight.
I know several high level people in scouting (both girls and boys). Im
going to be at a picnic with all of them tomorrow, and others including
several corporate executives of note. Somewhere in the course of the
evening I'm going to ask for people's attention and remind them of the
girls, and I'm going to ask these scouting people and anyone else who can,
to institute some kind of program in their companies or organisations, to help
teach children and parents to be 'aware and protective'. I don't know what
reaction I will get. I hope it's positive. But I am going to bring this matter
up for the sake of the children ... and our girls. I think people need
reminding ...

Thanks for listening.

So, when and if a scanner thread is opened up, will we get a link??

I know exactly how you feel cinder! I'm juggling several things this morning, but let me assure you there is A lot of scanner activity. We may need a scanner thread soon. You can listen here: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/8665/web/?rl=rr

and here: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/3776/web/?rl=rr

Can't post what is said on the scanners though! I don't have time to transcribe in a scanner thread right now. I will be able to later tonight though.

Hang in there!

I re-opened the last scanner thread. It was closed when the girls were found. With this latest abduction attempt, it's a good idea to have it open. Just remember the very strict rule: what's posted in the scanner thread remains in the scanner thread.

Scanner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member