IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence linked to Kathlynn being investigated now south of Ogden Iowa.

This may be approaching critical mass for any prosecution!

The more time they take, the more hoops and what if's LE/Abben is relying
on, the more holes a defense can poke in any potential prosecution
regardless of who it is, or when, or if anyone is ever charged. They had
better have evidence that is unimpeachable or you can almost kick the
can on this case.

When is Abben up for re-election? Is he solely responsible and calling all of
the shots?

Abben is not elected. His boss, Sheriff Tony Thompson, is elected. When ive emailed Tony Thompson with questions, he referred me to Evansdale police chief Kent Smock.

I think its bad news it has been way too long.

Not the news we wanted.

I wonder if zip ties were found at 7 Bridges?

The work these people did at Boone and Dayton is really impressive! Against all odds.

The waters delivereth.

Rest in peace Dear Kathlynn.

This is so unbearable, I'm so tired of men hurting children. I'm just sick.

Locals- how far from where Kathlynn was found is it from Seven Bridges? How far from Evansdale?

Not the news we wanted.

I wonder if zip ties were found at 7 Bridges?

The work these people did at Boone and Dayton is really impressive! Against all odds.

The waters delivereth.

Rest in peace Dear Kathlynn.

Bolded by me.

I wonder this, too. And at this point, if they were & that info is being held close to the vest, what would be the point in not releasing such info since Klunder is dead?

Locals- how far from where Kathlynn was found is it from Seven Bridges? How far from Evansdale?

Not a local but google maps says from Ogden, IA to Readlyn, IA it's 144 miles. It's 124 miles to Evansdale.

Georger, The zip ties are interesting. It could be something like that which is in common with the girls.

Not a local but google maps says from Ogden, IA to Readlyn, IA it's 144 miles. It's 124 miles to Evansdale.

Georger, The zip ties are interesting. It could be something like that which is in common with the girls.

Yes its a little strange we've been sitting here all these months and 'zip
ties' never came up 'in this context'. Another poster brought zip ties up
months ago but in a general way. It's just a point to keep in mind.

Ogden is about 23 miles almost due south of Dayton. Then maybe 2-3
miles to the DM River east of Odgen, if that is where she was found. If
Klunder put Kathlynn in north of Dayton then its some distance south to
where she was found by the fishermen. Thank God though she was found
if it had to be this way - at least there is closure.

These guys did a remarkable piece of work out there at Dayton and Boone!

I think a lot of people are wondering just how many lose ends of Klunder's
there are to tie up. That investigation will continue -

BTW! Thanks for the streaming link (KCRG). I never would have found that
without a lead -

Take care.

Bolded by me.

I wonder this, too. And at this point, if they were & that info is being held close to the vest, what would be the point in not releasing such info since Klunder is dead?

After this long LE has to be absolutely sure that IF he is involved they have a solid case. What if there were zip ties in both but he wasn't the perp and the DNA didn't match? This particular police force seems to have always gone forth with an abundance of caution. I suppose they never know what will be the one piece of information that will crack the case until the time comes. I do think there is a good possiblity it is Klunder.

anyone know what home for troubled youth they are referring to and what its proximity is to the areas of interest regarding our gals (E'Dale, Waterloo, 7 bridges)?

I'm googling different things trying to find out the name of the home, nothing concrete yet.
There is a Woodhaven Shelter which is part of Bremwood Residential Treatment Center, Grundy Center, Bremwood Lutheran Children's Home? Not sure what type of facility that is. Pathway's Behavioral Services in Bremer County. Will keep trying.

I feel so sickened by the horrors caused by people like Klunder, and by the legal/parole system. RSOs cannot be rehabilitated, countless studies have proven that. Once imprisoned, they should never be freed.

I don't know what kind of stole Lyric and Lizzie from their families, but if he is ever caught, tried and convicted, I hope he'll rot in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj