IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any statement this employee worked on the Cook-Collins case?
Not to my knowledge.

Sixteen years is more than enough time for an employee to burn out
and start making mistakes or taking shortcuts under the stresses of
employment of this kind. Something in the system brought his errors to
light -

RE: Something in the system brought his errors to
light

My point in the prior post is that the article doesn't give a name or gender of the fired employee..

Well that's a pretty low level error. Either the guy wasn't trained or he was a
slacker. The good news: they caught it (and him). This does not minimise the
grievous consequences even low level errors can lead to.

Reading between the lines, s/he sounds like a slacker. The 9 cases they found after reviewing the cases s/he'd worked on all involved partial prints, which are more difficult to work with and take more time.

It was bad but at least not as bad as the FBI forensics scandal that affected literally thousands of cases across the nation.

ETA: made my post gender neutral after reading and totally agreeing with Foxfire's point.

Just waiting for justice for Elizabeth and Lyric.

cindersoot, we all want Justice for L & L. Imo, due to the silence strategy in L & L's investigation, perceived hypothesis, and various other reasons. Justice may never be achieved, only answers, due to the probable suspect taking his own life..
"The American Public is a very valuable resource in missing/murdered persons investigations"..
Predators are recidivist.. Why would investigators squander such an invaluable tool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2K36Ujt6Uts

Fugitive number 500 was arrested just one day after publicity began, proof that the success is largely dependent on the public. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2K36Ujt6Uts - 500th Fugitive Added to Ten Most Wanted List

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ns-death-details-kept-confidential-by-police/

Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins case: Iowa cousins' death details kept confidential by police

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock told The Des Moines Register on Wednesday that the causes and other details about the deaths of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric will be kept confidential in order to protect the investigation.

Smock says "the only people that are going to know this information are the people who are responsible."

Just a few thoughts on the white SUV.
If this was reported early on as a suspicious vehicle at the site, I would imagine it would not be hard to spot or check.
I just can't imagine why this wasn't released early on. :banghead:

To me, a van is very different from an old boxy SUV, It's one or the other.

Something just feels off about so many things. :moo:

Hope something breaks soon and the truth is revealed. :please:

Yes. Anyone should know the difference between a van and SUV.

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock told The Des Moines Register on Wednesday that the causes and other details about the deaths of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric will be kept confidential in order to protect the investigation.

Smock says "the only people that are going to know this information are the people who are responsible."[/quote]

people !

dos hombres?

cinco hombres ?

:banghead:

Smock says "the only people that are going to know this information are the people who are responsible."

people !

dos hombres?

cinco hombres ?

:banghead:

Smocks statement fits my theory to a T.

By which I mean, I have always thought that the perp did not act alone.

There are more people involved and this is one reason why the arrests are taking so long.

This was carefully planned. It's not Klunder. He acted entirely alone.

Reading between the lines, s/he sounds like a slacker. The 9 cases they found after reviewing the cases s/he'd worked on all involved partial prints, which are more difficult to work with and take more time.

It was bad but at least not as bad as the FBI forensics scandal that affected literally thousands of cases across the nation.

ETA: made my post gender neutral after reading and totally agreeing with Foxfire's point.

The average tea bag stuffer lasts only 13 months. After 16 years!, you
would be seeing the floor come up to meet the ceiling, and divine
revelations in finger prints! And thinking about investing in condos and
trips to Aruba and Antarctica, and taking leave to try Ice Road Trucking!
And shop politics, wage and insurance issues, and other forms of stress
too numerous to mention ... some people would be lucky to be able to walk
a straight line and identify THE MOON! (if you weren't 100lbs over weight
and borderline diabetic and having to now deal with your friendly HMO) ???

Consult the DHS Dictionary of Occupational Titles.

:seeya:

Smocks statement fits my theory to a T.

By which I mean, I have always thought that the perp did not act alone.

There are more people involved and this is one reason why the arrests are taking so long.

This was carefully planned. It's not Klunder. He acted entirely alone.

(They) have had more than enough time to link and nail Klunder if it was him.
If there was obvious provable connections.
:moo:

(They) have had more than enough time to link and nail Klunder if it was him.
If there was obvious provable connections.
:moo:

I would think that too, they have to know the vehicle he had at the time, phone records, interviews to family and friends where he was at that time and maybe more by now.
I would think that would be enough to point one way or another, but they supposedly still sent more stuff to the lab.
so, go figure...

I agree you, but why the silence?

IMO because they have nothing else. If they reveal that they know Klunder is not involved they should be asked the same old questions "who did this?" and they haven't a clue. MOO IMO JMO etc etc

IMO because they have nothing else. If they reveal that they know Klunder is not involved they should be asked the same old questions "who did this?" and they haven't a clue. MOO IMO JMO etc etc

Amen.

I'm tired of hearing LE don't have a clue...no snark intended but come on...it hasn't even been a year. I would rather they take it slow and do it right. I think that is what is happening.

They do have a clue, it is obvious from the way the investigation has been run in my opinion.

Study the Daniel Morcombe case in Australia. The perp first came to attention two weeks after the crime, was under strong suspicion from then on, but it took 8 years to press charges.

Turns out part of the investigation involved an undercover operation, the old tactic of placing an agent posing as a cell mate. Folks talk in lock up but gaining their trust is not instant. It takes time.

:cow:

true, "If you give someone enough rope, they'll hang themselves"

Not far away from being a year since they disappeared. :(
I think about them every day. I hope their murderer is found and charged. imo

Yes. Anyone should know the difference between a van and SUV.

Discrepancies in eyewitness testimony are quite common. Both witnesses may well be remembering to the best of their ability and both may be completely convinced they are correct.

I keep wondering if a discrepancy in eyewitness reports is the reason they haven't released a vehicle image.

Purely hypothetically, in the hypothetical case of the disappearance of Jenny Hypo-Thetical, say one witness reports seeing a dark SUV. Another witness at around the same time but down the street a way, reports seeing a black pick up truck with a customised black topper on the bed. A third witness reports seeing a midnight blue full sized van.

Every human being's individual expectations and experiences influence their memory of a given event. And the truth of the matter is that Jane Hypo-Thetical was actually grabbed by a perp driving a white four door sedan which blended in better with the surroundings than the black SUV that stood out like a sore thumb.

The SUV driver just remembers feeling impatient because this light coloured car was stopped in the middle of the street while the driver fiddled around with their cell phone. What really happened was that the driver was holding a stun gun that had just been used to subdue Jenny Hypo-Thetical. The SUV driver didn't see a stun gun because he was expecting to see yet another yahoo playing with their cellphone while driving; that expectation biased his recall.

None of the above happened in Lyric and Elizabeth's case but all of those things are from things that have been reported in other cases I've followed over the years.

my understanding is that the two witnesses came forward pretty promptly (within the first month of the abduction) and that the third witness came forward a few months later.

Certainly the previous reports indicated that the SUV tips are not new or recent by any stretch. Interesting catch that.

and unless I am dreaming, people reported it here -

No. I have not gone back to find each and every post where these sitings were reported here - but I think they were ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV