IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no link to neighbors seeing Lyric outside so by all means take what I say with a grain of salt. The drug house seizure was 7 months prior to the girl's murders so I can't confirm what you want confirmed other than the foreclosure information is on iowa courts online under both Misty's and Wylma's names and I did look at the assessor's page prior to the house being sold and at that time both names were listed as owners. The new owner's info is now showing so I can't prove that for you either other than to say I did see the info. If you choose not to believe me not much I can do and I won't lose sleep over it.

I thought the article I quoted about Dillin being in the meth home that was busted was self explanatory that it was Dan's bust being referenced and that was why the judge commented on the parenting. Have a nice evening!

Janie - I'm wondering if one time you and I were on the same board... because I remember this same neighbor saying this... and actually another neighbor confirmed it to me in PM. I know personally the other neighbor.... not the one on the chat board. So - I guess - believe it if you want, don't if you don't - but just confirming - I did hear that too.

Me too. It must be looking pretty good though. I saw in one of the local obits that someone's memorial service was held there. (sorry I don't remember anything else about it) but iirc it was an older person.

Last time I was there it hadn't changed much from what I could see from the park area.... they still had "construction zone" marking - so you aren't supposed to be going out there - so kinda' surprises me that they had a memorial there - but maybe they just got special permission. it is still just a lot of dirt, new trees/bushes, the gazebos... One of these days I'll get out there and take a picture - I live very very close.

This is what jumps out at me:

"“Since you were released from custody after your daughter’s unfortunate event, you were utilizing other women you knew to go to stores to buy or steal pseudoephedrine so you could manufacture methamphetamine,”

What does that mean?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_6e223240-1c9c-11e3-9c93-001a4bcf887a.html

Utilizing as in using? Maybe giving them some of the meth for their efforts? I am guessing some of what the judge was expressing takes into account the information he heard in the closed session in judge's chambers.

This is what jumps out at me:

"“Since you were released from custody after your daughter’s unfortunate event, you were utilizing other women you knew to go to stores to buy or steal pseudoephedrine so you could manufacture methamphetamine,”

What does that mean?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_6e223240-1c9c-11e3-9c93-001a4bcf887a.html

I just thought it meant "other" as in other than yourself or other than Misty... but you got me thinkin... wonder what he did mean!

Utilizing as in using? Maybe giving them some of the meth for their efforts? I am guessing some of what the judge was expressing takes into account the information he heard in the closed session in judge's chambers.

I'm wondering what was meant by "other" women, in other words, it seems the judge may be referring to Dan having used someone else, and then after the "unfortunate event", was using "other" women. Just sounds strange. Maybe it is just the way it was said.

I just thought it meant "other" as in other than yourself or other than Misty... but you got me thinkin... wonder what he did mean!

Now that you say that, maybe he meant having dating/girlfriend relationships to get them to do his bidding, like buying ingredients?

Morrissey’s 17-year-old son was with him when police saw Morrissey drop a package of fake meth. He said the son was also at a meth lab at a Kingsley Street home when police raided it in December 2011.

The fact that your child was in your home when you were arrested on these events show that you don’t use very good judgment concerning yourself as a parent, to subject them to those conditions, to those situations, to those individuals and to that behavior is certainly not good parenting.

If the above is true, then why was Daniel allowed to even live in same residence as Dillin (at Vicky's)??!! <shaking my head on that one>

Allegedly Lyric grew up with a meth lab in the house...still waiting for confirmation on that.

We know it was Wylma's house, and we know Wylma saw a lot of H & D's children.

At the very least they were exposed to a drug manufacturer, regularly.

Too sad.

:cow:

I had never seen this recent article; notes the son was in that home...not sure where Lyric was at the time.

He said the son was also at a meth lab at a Kingsley Street home when police raided it in December 2011.

I would have thought the fbi or a community help group would have provided him with grief counseling. Sad, if he never had that.

I know DM is not an angel. I do agree that the judge should have admonished DM strongly regarding allowing his teenage son to be a part of DM's illegal drug activity. That is another tragedy in this whole saga. I hope DM's mother does everything within her power to ensure that Junior does not follow in his father's footsteps.

However, the facts remain that the girls' abduction happened in Elizabeth's town of Evansdale and not Waterloo. Do I think drugs could have been involved? Absolutely. Do I think DM supplied those drugs? No. By the sound of it, there meth labs and meth dealers are plentiful in Evansdale and Waterloo. I think most people who abduct children are under the influence of some kind of drug. John Couey, Jessica Lunsford's killer, was heavily into drugs. Ottis Toole, Adam Walsh's murder, again drug and alcohol abuser. In both of these cases (and there are plenty more), sadly, the parents were considered prime suspects in their children's disappearances. To sum it up, I don't think DM played any role in his daughter and niece's abduction and murder. Did this family's involvement in drugs become a side show in the girls' investigation? Yes. And that too is a tragedy because I believe the real killer still walks free. Until a POI is named or a suspect is arrested, Misty, Dan and Wylma will continue to receive the same sympathies that I feel for Drew and Heather for their losses.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale...a4bcf887a.html

&#8220;He is getting pseudoephedrine and lithium and other items for manufacturing methamphetamine while the (Tri-County Drug Enforcement) Task Force is following him around ... He&#8217;s doing this where you&#8217;d think Mr. Morrissey would have some idea that people might be following him or watching what he&#8217;s doing,&#8221; Walz said."

Each time I read the above article I see new things that pop out at me. Dan's mother claimed he doesn't have a driver's license and doesn't drive in the following interview. I guess the Tri-County Drug Enforcement team knew differently since they were following him around?

I also find it interesting that he was under police supervision per the article below yet they were following him around while he was doing illegal activities rather than arrest him on the spot. Could that be a sign that they wanted to let him run loose hoping it would give them leads about the missing girls? I do not believe he harmed the girls but I do think it is very possible that those in his drug world he was connected to did.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...of-involvement-Lyric-Cooks-disappearance.html

"A judge has ordered Daniel Morrissey, a father with a lengthy criminal record, to be placed in a pre-trial supervision program a week after his 10-year-old daughter and her 8-year-old cousin vanished.

Morrissey&#8217;s sister-in-law, Tammy Brousseau, also said that Iowa authorities have already accused the 36-year-old and told him they had proof of his connection.

The change means Morrissey, 36, who has been free on bond for other charges, will be supervised by parole officers who will make sure he shows up in court and does not violate the terms of his release."

Here is the video of Dan's mother in which she says at the .35 mark that he doesn't drive.

MISSING IN IOWA: Grandma says 'It's absolutely no family' - YouTube

Morrissey’s 17-year-old son was with him when police saw Morrissey drop a package of fake meth. He said the son was also at a meth lab at a Kingsley Street home when police raided it in December 2011.

The fact that your child was in your home when you were arrested on these events show that you don’t use very good judgment concerning yourself as a parent, to subject them to those conditions, to those situations, to those individuals and to that behavior is certainly not good parenting.

If the above is true, then why was Daniel allowed to even live in same residence as Dillin (at Vicky's)??!! <shaking my head on that one>

I really don't get that either! Really, with both of these parents' history lifestyles... I do not understand why the kids are allowed with them -that seems to be a huge break in our "system." Maybe if more kids were taken out of those homes they'd have a chance.

I really don't get that either! Really, with both of these parents' history lifestyles... I do not understand why the kids are allowed with them -that seems to be a huge break in our "system." Maybe if more kids were taken out of those homes they'd have a chance.

Look at all that kid has faced! Part of a meth lab bust which had to be traumatic, having his sister missing and murdered and his family plastered all over the internet. It's hard enough being a teen under normal everyday situations, but add all of that to it?

Now he won't have a father to be in his life and his mother must have chosen to let Vicki raise him? I just don't understand why Misty wouldn't sit there and think, OMG, I lost one child, I'm not going to lose another and spend every moment she could with her remaining son to make sure he knew he was loved and to help him through his trauma.

“He is getting pseudoephedrine and lithium and other items for manufacturing methamphetamine while the (Tri-County Drug Enforcement) Task Force is following him around ... He’s doing this where you’d think Mr. Morrissey would have some idea that people might be following him or watching what he’s doing,” Walz said."

Each time I read the above article I see new things that pop out at me. Dan's mother claimed he doesn't have a driver's license and doesn't drive in the following interview. I guess the Tri-County Drug Enforcement team knew differently since they were following him around?

I also find it interesting that he was under police supervision per the article below yet they were following him around while he was doing illegal activities rather than arrest him on the spot. Could that be a sign that they wanted to let him run loose hoping it would give them leads about the missing girls? I do not believe he harmed the girls but I do think it is very possible that those in his drug world he was connected to did.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...of-involvement-Lyric-Cooks-disappearance.html

"A judge has ordered Daniel Morrissey, a father with a lengthy criminal record, to be placed in a pre-trial supervision program a week after his 10-year-old daughter and her 8-year-old cousin vanished.

Morrissey’s sister-in-law, Tammy Brousseau, also said that Iowa authorities have already accused the 36-year-old and told him they had proof of his connection.

The change means Morrissey, 36, who has been free on bond for other charges, will be supervised by parole officers who will make sure he shows up in court and does not violate the terms of his release."

Here is the video of Dan's mother in which she says at the .35 mark that he doesn't drive.

More than likely Dan had people driving him around in an attempt to keep on the DL.

I think this could also explain why others were bringing brought down right along with Dan. These "women" (or any other individuals that he was using along the way) more than likely drove him around to where he needed to go to get what he needed in return for drugs.

COPS follow Dan...but Dan also leads them to his "runners" as they call them...which can lead them to higher ups and other participants in the chain.

When COPS follow runners they know damn good and well they are letting them get away with illegal activities in the hopes of being led to a much higher up in their drug "ring" if you want to call it that.

“He is getting pseudoephedrine and lithium and other items for manufacturing methamphetamine while the (Tri-County Drug Enforcement) Task Force is following him around ... He’s doing this where you’d think Mr. Morrissey would have some idea that people might be following him or watching what he’s doing,” Walz said."

Morrissey’s sister-in-law, Tammy Brousseau, also said that Iowa authorities have already accused the 36-year-old and told him they had proof of his connection.

Why is it so much in this case NEVER adds up!?!? You are right... No license - yet they follow him... They just kept following and following and following. Several things don't make sense - and there's gotta be a legal reason:
1. the cops were waiting to get beyond resonable doubt for their case - so they had to get enough.
2. They weren't as concerned about the revoked license as they were about a major drug bust.
3. For some reason they were being very very quiet - even allowing a child to reside in the situation for a period of time.
4. Wouldn't Dan be thinking he's possibly be followed - esp. since they barged in on him and misty at the Cassino like a day or so after the disappearance?
5. Why would dan through caution to the wind and risk being followed?

Baffling!

I do have a friend who is a cop - I'm gonna try to ask him hypothetical questions on why they'd follow someone next time I see him.

Look at all that kid has faced! Part of a meth lab bust which had to be traumatic, having his sister missing and murdered and his family plastered all over the internet. It's hard enough being a teen under normal everyday situations, but add all of that to it?

Now he won't have a father to be in his life and his mother must have chosen to let Vicki raise him? I just don't understand why Misty wouldn't sit there and think, OMG, I lost one child, I'm not going to lose another and spend every moment she could with her remaining son to make sure he knew he was loved and to help him through his trauma.

I think that the love Misty knows is not the love that you or I would equate with that of a "normal" mother. (I know that sounds bad, but I'm hoping you know what I mean).

Misty didn't have custody of these kids for a large part of their lives. They have continually been raised by others due to her (and their father's) drug addictions.

I do believe that continued drug use can not only change a persons personality but also desensitise them emotionally as well.

Misty may say she loves Dillon (or however it's spelled) but her idea of love, and what you or I would equate to a mother fighting for her kids...could be VERY different. :(

I don't get that either- nothing about her mothering skills seems normal.

I think that the love Misty knows is not the love that you or I would equate with that of a "normal" mother. (I know that sounds bad, but I'm hoping you know what I mean).

Misty didn't have custody of these kids for a large part of their lives. They have continually been raised by others due to her (and their father's) drug addictions.

I do believe that continued drug use can not only change a persons personality but also desensitise them emotionally as well.

Misty may say she loves Dillon (or however it's spelled) but her idea of love, and what you or I would equate to a mother fighting for her kids...could be VERY different. :(

Interesting perspective, 3Crazy... I didn't think into that... Her "mothering" is more "birthing" to a great degree... Let me ask a question though: Why V and not W for him to stay with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV