IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: 3CK, you were right! I'm only on the second day of the abduction and I'm getting a new perspective and dry eyes! I'm reading comments on some of the earlier news reports and just saw a familiar name - y'all will never guess! :floorlaugh: Starts with a c and ends with soot. I should be getting to the interviews today some time God willing and the creeks don't rise. Praying for Colorado! Horrible flooding and I feel so badly for everyone there and all the poor little animals. :notgood:

Off topic again, but is anyone going to see the premier of Hugh Jackman's Prisoners? I've been watching the trailer and it just gives me cold chills, especially when you learn that 2 little girls have been taken prisoner. Ironically, dotr posted that great article about Hugh being in Iowa tonight for the premier. I know seating was very limited, but to everyone that made it in, "you lucky dogs!" Thinking of Hugh makes me a :hot: mess! :winkkiss:

BBL! I love all y'all! Thanks for being so patient with me. :please:

:eek: 3CK, you were right! I'm only on the second day of the abduction and I'm getting a new perspective and dry eyes! I'm reading comments on some of the earlier news reports and just saw a familiar name - y'all will never guess! :floorlaugh: Starts with a c and ends with soot. I should be getting to the interviews today some time God willing and the creeks don't rise. Praying for Colorado! Horrible flooding and I feel so badly for everyone there and all the poor little animals. :notgood:

Off topic again, but is anyone going to see the premier of Hugh Jackman's Prisoners? I've been watching the trailer and it just gives me cold chills, especially when you learn that 2 little girls have been taken prisoner. Ironically, dotr posted that great article about Hugh being in Iowa tonight for the premier. I know seating was very limited, but to everyone that made it in, "you lucky dogs!" Thinking of Hugh makes me a :hot: mess! :winkkiss:

It's insane isn't it?!! :facepalm:

I watched news reports, as well as read the transcripts off CNN (just google "Elizabeth Collins/Lyric Cook transcript" and they come up). That gives you a quick way to read through instead of watching the full videos. Have fun with that! :floorlaugh:

I can't WAIT to see that movie! It looks awesome!!! I wish I could have gone to the premier and gotten the hot seats with Hugh...how great would that be?!

Prayers to everyone in Colorado...how scary. :(

Just wanted to say that I believe that in the interview with Dan's mother, Vicki, she says that "they" came over to clean the house everyday. I think, but I'm not sure, that she was talking about Wylma and maybe Lyric. I've always thought that the reason Lyric was upset with Dan's scolding, and packed her bag to run away shortly before the abduction, was a reference to chores that were an issue at Vicki's house. So, I would suggest listening to that video. MOO

Wylma and Lyric went to Heather's every day to clean.

Lyric got in trouble with Dan for not doing her "chores" around the house - ie, the house she herself lived in.

You do chores around your own house, you "clean" someone elses.

Lyric got in trouble with Dan, and Wylma talked her down.

I take that to mean, Lyric got in trouble with Dan at her own house of residence (Wylma's) and Wylma calmed her down.

It follows then, that Dan was living (at least part time) in the house that Wylma and Lyric lived in.

Why would one mother-in-law clean another mother-in-law's house? That just goes against the laws of nature. :scared:

Dang - now I want to do that - abotu a week into it I was wishing I had started writing down details! Well, we'll see what next week holds... or someone can give me their cliff notes. ;)

Lyric got in trouble with Dan for not doing her "chores" around the house - ie, the house she herself lived in.

I take that to mean, Lyric got in trouble with Dan at her own house of residence (Wylma's) and Wylma calmed her down.

It follows then, that Dan was living (at least part time) in the house that Wylma and Lyric lived in.

Why would one mother-in-law clean another mother-in-law's house? That just goes against the laws of nature. :scared:

And Lyric tried to run away from Wylma's after Dan disciplined her for not doing chores. A man does not discipline a child over chores at a house he doesn't live in! At least no man ever better try that at my house, with my daughter! And a kid can't "run away" from a place they don't live. Lyric, Dan, Misty and Wylma (and DM, the son) were all living together.

Is Prisoners based on this case?! Or is it just a coincidence that it was filmed in Iowa?

I agree Lyric got in trouble for not doing chores in her own home but Wylma is who cleaned Heather's house due to the health issues with the pacemaker needing to be surgically moved or replaced and Wylma is Heather's mom, not mother-in-law or am I misunderstanding what you wrote?

Go watch Vicki's interview and see what you think she is saying. Just sayin'. MOO

I remember reading this Misty, Heather, Tammy are all three sister's mother to them is Wilma cook . I also recall that Dan received a message phone Message from Lyric telling him she was sorry and loved him very much do any of you recall that? right after two or three days they found the message for Dan Lyric's blood Father.

I remember reading this Misty, Heather, Tammy are all three sister's mother to them is Wilma cook . I also recall that Dan received a message phone Message from Lyric telling him she was sorry and loved him very much do any of you recall that? right after two or three days they found the message for Dan Lyric's blood Father.

It was Drew that received a phone message from Elizabeth on his phone message service/machine saying she missed him and loved him or words to that effect. Drew spoke about it on KWWL I believe, but that video is now gone. In the old threads on this site, you can find reference to the message that she left. It was allegedly left the day before the girls were abducted but not found for several days. MOO

It was a message on Drew's phone from Elizabeth.

It's talked about on this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179408&page=24

But the video in the links seems to be gone. It was a week after the girls went missing, but the voicemail was from before they went missing.

And Lyric tried to run away from Wylma's after Dan disciplined her for not doing chores. A man does not discipline a child over chores at a house he doesn't live in! At least no man ever better try that at my house, with my daughter! And a kid can't "run away" from a place they don't live. Lyric, Dan, Misty and Wylma (and DM, the son) were all living together.

Misty and Dan were not living together. Dan was living with his mother. That is where Lyric helped clean the house. That is where he was when the children vanished.

Misty and Dan were not living together. Dan was living with his mother. That is where Lyric helped clean the house. That is where he was when the children vanished.

No, Lyric helped "clean the house" at Heathers.

Also, we don't actually know where Dan was when the girls vanished. Testimony is contradictory.

He claimed to be at Vicky's "sleeping" but then why did it take him 2 hours to get to the lake?

Here's what Wylma said about the "chores" incident -

Wylma Cook on Wednesday confirmed that Lyric had tried to run away from home several days before the cousins were reported missing. She said Lyric packed a bag after her father got mad at her for not completing her chores."She headed for the door, and I grabbed her," Cook said. "She dropped the backpack and I hugged and kissed her and I said it'll be OK."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328855/3/Search-for-missing-Iowa-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise

Clearly, Lyric went to run away from her own home, because she got in trouble with Dan. She wouldn't be packing her bag at anyone elses' home, including Dan's house...she was packing her own bag at her own house.

:moo:

Maybe they were at "home" at Wylmas, and maybe Dan called on the phone and complained about something. Vicki clearly says that they cleaned her house everyday. Wylma also cleaned Heather's and babysat, because Heather was not well. The girls were reported missing in a counter call at the PD at 2:48. Dan was without a car (even though there are "rumors" that he had access to someone elses car), and Misty called him and when Vicki got off work, she picked up Dan and brought him to Evansdale. He arrived at about 5:00. MOO

No, Lyric helped "clean the house" at Heathers.

Also, we don't actually know where Dan was when the girls vanished. Testimony is contradictory.

He claimed to be at Vicky's "sleeping" but then why did it take him 2 hours to get to the lake?

Here's what Wylma said about the "chores" incident -

Wylma Cook on Wednesday confirmed that Lyric had tried to run away from home several days before the cousins were reported missing. She said Lyric packed a bag after her father got mad at her for not completing her chores."She headed for the door, and I grabbed her," Cook said. "She dropped the backpack and I hugged and kissed her and I said it'll be OK."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328855/3/Search-for-missing-Iowa-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise

Clearly, Lyric went to run away from her own home, because she got in trouble with Dan. She wouldn't be packing her bag at anyone elses' home, including Dan's house...she was packing her own bag at her own house.

:moo:

Dan and Misty were separated when the children vanished. He lived with his mother in Waterloo. Lyric lived with her grandmother Wylma. Dan, Misty, Wylma and Lyric did not cohabit a meth house.

Dan was in Waterloo, at his mother's home, when the children vanished. He called his mom at work to ask that she give his son and him a ride to the park in Evansdale.

What "contradictory testimony" is there suggesting that Dan was not at his mother's house?

Sister of Misty: "And they (Dan and Misty) have been separated for some time ...

As a matter of fact, you know, as we were coming down here and came to the lake to look for the girls, he didn`t even know about it. He was at home with his 16-year-old son, Dillon. And the mother, Misty, his wife, she was at work here in Evansdale, Elk Run, which is -- they`re connected. And when Misty got down here to the lake with me and my mother -- Grandma, you know, Misty called Dan immediately. Dan doesn`t have a vehicle. Dan`s mother -- he called his mother. She got off work real quick, went and grabbed Dan and Dillon and brought them down here."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

Interview with Vicki Weikert: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-816543?hpt=hp_c1

Dan and Misty were separated when the children vanished. He lived with his mother in Waterloo. Lyric lived with her grandmother Wylma. Dan, Misty, Wylma and Lyric did not cohabit a meth house.

Dan was in Waterloo, at his mother's home, when the children vanished. He called his mom at work to ask that she give his son and him a ride to the park in Evansdale.

What "contradictory testimony" is there suggesting that Dan was not at his mother's house?

Sister of Misty: "And they (Dan and Misty) have been separated for some time ...

As a matter of fact, you know, as we were coming down here and came to the lake to look for the girls, he didn`t even know about it. He was at home with his 16-year-old son, Dillon. And the mother, Misty, his wife, she was at work here in Evansdale, Elk Run, which is -- they`re connected. And when Misty got down here to the lake with me and my mother -- Grandma, you know, Misty called Dan immediately. Dan doesn`t have a vehicle. Dan`s mother -- he called his mother. She got off work real quick, went and grabbed Dan and Dillon and brought them down here."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

Interview with Vicki Weikert: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-816543?hpt=hp_c1

Both points of view are valid. I'm open to both yours and SS's. There's no proof. Just words written by a reporter or HLN. Not always the complete statement as many have witnessed via MSM or facts.

I just try to keep an open mind. Thanks to both of you for your input and others as well.

:seeya:

Both points of view are valid. I'm open to both yours and SS's. There's no proof. Just words written by a reporter or HLN. Not always the complete statement as many have witnessed via MSM or facts.

I just try to keep an open mind. Thanks to both of you for your input and others as well.

:seeya:

It has been suggested that there are reports that Dan was not at his mother's house when the girls vanished and it has been suggested that Dan, Misty, Wylma and Lyric all lived in one house.

I have posted two links, one quoting Misty's sister and the other quoting Dan's mother, where it is stated that Dan was at his mother's house when Misty contacted him about the missing children. The links also state that Misty and Dan were separated, so they were not living together.

Unless there is a link quoting a reliable source stating that Dan was not at his mother's house when the children vanished, and stating that Misty and Dan were happily married and living under the same roof, it's simply not true.

I'm a little confused about where these claims (Misty and Dan living together at Wylma's house, Dan not at Vicki's house when Misty told him that the children were missing) are coming from. It only takes a few minutes to search the net for information and determine the facts of the case.

Otto, I have no pony in where DM was or not, if it was him or not. I have seen video and read the news since they disappeared. I also remember his alibi was he and his son were napping per whomever. I'll have to dig but it was the first week.

Otto, I have no pony in where DM was. I have seen video and read the news since they disappeared. I also remember his alibi was he and his son were napping per whomever. I'll have to dig but it was the first week.

The quote is in comment #416.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member