IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to believe L's and E's DNA would not have been found in MK's vehicle if he is their murderer. LE has MK's vehicle.

imo

It's hard to believe L's and E's DNA would not have been found in MK's vehicle if he is their murderer. LE has MK's vehicle.

imo

the vehicle had a temporary tag on it, so not likely that he had it back in 7/2012...unless he was changing license plates for some other reason.

the vehicle had a temporary tag on it, so not likely that he had it back in 7/2012...unless he was changing license plates for some other reason.

And there is certainly a possibility that he could have owned a "white boxy SUV" in July 2012.

Please don't think that I'm ruling out anyone at this point. If Klunder does end up eventually being linked I won't be shocked, I simply don't want this thread shut down because discussions of Klunder keep eeking their way back onto this thread when the mods have made it clear they want discussions of him on the other thread. :(

I completely understand and appreciate the Klunder theory. I also follow the Klunder thread. Just because I don't personally feel he is responsible doesn't mean I am completely ignoring the possibility. I simply don't want this thread shut down for clean up for the 3rd time because Klunder conversations keep coming back over here is all.

:( No offense meant.

IMO, as we are speaking in terms of his connection to our girls, and he had been named a POI by MSM, we should be ok. Talking about MK without that connection, or as it relates to other cases, is probably off limits. But I do appreciate your concern.

Quick question: after a lot of analysis and discussion of the topography of the area where the remains were found, wasn't it decided the girls were well above the flood plain?

You can't take Klunder off the table. If it is well...that's not what I agree with. Everyone is still suspect and of anyone, Klunder is the only person besides Dan that has been named POI or potential suspect!

Discussing Klunder in this case became a problem in the past because the discussion went way off topic, and monopolized the thread. If the topic is limited to Klunder as regards the murders of Elizabeth and Lyric, then it's acceptable. Once it ventures beyond those parameters, then it has to move to the SK thread.

Quick question: after a lot of analysis and discussion of the topography of the area where the remains were found, wasn't it decided the girls were well above the flood plain?

http://www.ktiv.com/story/24138447/2013/12/04/exclusive-hunters-talk-about-finding-cousins-bodies

JMO, a few observations from the above video..

Due to the elbow in the Wapsipinicon River where the remains were located, as well as the very low elevation of the terrain on the east riverbank, coupled with the river's flooding history. It would have been likely that the perp chose this area knowing that it was a flood plain, and that the remains would eventually be scattered by scavengers and the residue carried downstream by flood waters. This indicates that the perp was not only familiar with the seclusion of the 7Bridges Park, but with the specific area for disposal of the bodies, imo.

In July when the girls were abducted the vegetation and full canopy of the surrounding trees would have provided more than adequate privacy to prevent detection at the very secluded 7Bridges Park. The 25 mile distance from the abduction site would indicate an experienced child predator with insight as to jurisdictional linkage blindness and abduction search & rescue procedures as relates to initial search distances..jmo

There is truly not much left we can discuss, suspect wise.

I seriously wonder what sort of forensics take over a year to analyse....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
Its a totally different crime Imo
Remember another little girl was taken in Colo the same week as Jessica - had to be the same prep too. ..except it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
The other girl in Colo? Are you thinking of the Wyoming case and Jesse Speer? Still, I know what you mean.

This is likely the two cases referred too. Contrary to statistical probabilities, both abductions were committed by stranger sexual predators..

http://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2...d-child-who-disappeared-on-her-way-to-school/
Oct 06, 2012 · (CO)-Jessica Ridgeway was abducted on October 5th, 2012. She was found 5 days later

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/F...ezing-conditions-in-Grizzly-country-I-1146038

FBI MAKES ARREST IN
CODY, WYOMING KIDNAPPING
Abductor left girl in freezing conditions
in Grizzly country
October 15, 2012
As of late Sunday the man had not been named but the FBI said agents believe he is the man who allegedly lured the girl into his SUV last Monday by telling her he was looking for a lost puppy.

Once he got her inside, he put pulled out a gun and put a bag over her head so she could not see, according to what the girl told investigators.

There is truly not much left we can discuss, suspect wise.

I seriously wonder what sort of forensics take over a year to analyse....?

It may not take that long to analyze the forensics - there could be a backlog of cases due to a heavy work load. JMO.

It may not take that long to analyze the forensics - there could be a backlog of cases due to a heavy work load. JMO.

I doubt it. Remember how many forces are involved, including the FBI.

A crime this heinous is escalated to the top Of the pile.

I think they're stalling for some reason.

I doubt it. Remember how many forces are involved, including the FBI.

A crime this heinous is escalated to the top Of the pile.

I think they're stalling for some reason.

Up-thread there is an article in which LE says evidence has been sent to a specialized FBI lab for processing. The FBI Laboratory has been under fire in the past for having a huge backlog of forensic DNA cases, so if it is DNA that was submitted to them it wouldn't surprise me if it took a year or longer to be processed. JMO.

The paper temporary license plate on MJK's vehicle has raises many important unanswered questions in my mind.. .

Did MJK own or have access to another vehicle on July 13, 2012? Did MJK have a company owned vehicle? Did MJK have associates/sidekicks? If so, did they have access to a clunky white, older model, full-size SUV? Was the timing of the new tip only coincidence?
Why isn't the ms media asking the hard questions and demanding answers after over 17 very long months?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...11e2-be6a-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true
<sniped & BBM from June 25, 2013 article>

New and old tips led to new appeal in abducted cousins case, chief says

Smock said the newly released information was a combination of old and new reports.

&#8220;Earlier on, within the first two or three months of the girls going missing, as we were interviewing people ... a couple of different people identified the vehicle as being on Arbutus,&#8221; Smock said. &#8220;A few months ago, we received some information from another party who had seen a similar vehicle on the east side of the lake.&#8221;

The latest information came from a woman who assumed police had already been told about what she saw, but they had not, Smock said.

He said no description is available of the person or persons in the vehicle.

Additionally, the abduction of two girls in Dayton and the subsequent murder of one of them grabbed investigators&#8217; attention just days after they received the latest information on the white SUV.

Officials are investigating if the suspect in the Dayton case, Michael Klunder, who committed suicide, is linked to Lyric and Elizabeth.

&#8220;We are still working on that,&#8221; Smock said.

The paper temporary license plate on MJK's vehicle has raises many important unanswered questions in my mind.. .

Did MJK own or have access to another vehicle on July 13, 2012? Did MJK have a company owned vehicle? Did MJK have associates/sidekicks? If so, did they have access to a white, older model, full-size SUV?
Why isn't the ms media asking the hard questions and demanding answers after over 17 very long months?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...11e2-be6a-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true
<sniped & BBM from June 25, 2013 article>

New and old tips led to new appeal in abducted cousins case, chief says

Smock said the newly released information was a combination of old and new reports.

“Earlier on, within the first two or three months of the girls going missing, as we were interviewing people ... a couple of different people identified the vehicle as being on Arbutus,” Smock said. “A few months ago, we received some information from another party who had seen a similar vehicle on the east side of the lake.”

The latest information came from a woman who assumed police had already been told about what she saw, but they had not, Smock said.

He said no description is available of the person or persons in the vehicle.

Additionally, the abduction of two girls in Dayton and the subsequent murder of one of them grabbed investigators’ attention just days after they received the latest information on the white SUV.

Officials are investigating if the suspect in the Dayton case, Michael Klunder, who committed suicide, is linked to Lyric and Elizabeth.

“We are still working on that,” Smock said.

Regarding MK's vehicle(s), I suppose he may have had access to company vehicles belonging to his in-laws.

Up-thread there is an article in which LE says evidence has been sent to a specialized FBI lab for processing. The FBI Laboratory has been under fire in the past for having a huge backlog of forensic DNA cases, so if it is DNA that was submitted to them it wouldn't surprise me if it took a year or longer to be processed. JMO.

'Go Figure, Marilynilpa, you may be on to something'.. 'Seems their priority over the past year has been to focus on wrongly convicted persons due to flawed forensic evidence'..

<sniped from article>

RE: In July 2012, the Justice Department and the FBI launched a review of thousands of criminal cases to determine whether any defendants were wrongly convicted or deserve a new trial because of flawed forensic evidence.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-09-25/national/35495654_1_dna-cases-dna-unit-crime-lab

FBI crime lab cuts down backlog of cases, report says
By Sari Horwitz,September 25, 2012

The FBI&#8217;s crime lab has reduced its backlog of forensic DNA cases by 87 percent over the course of two years, according to a report released Tuesday by the Justice Department&#8217;s inspector general.

In his 38-page report, Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz attributed the &#8220;significant&#8221; reduction to an increase in staffing and more automation.

The FBI lab in Quantico conducts DNA testing on biological evidence taken from crime scenes and items of evidence, including envelopes, clothing and drinking glasses. In an August 2010 audit report, the Justice Department watchdog said the lab had a large backlog of cases in both its nuclear DNA unit, which mostly analyzes biological fluids, such as blood and semen, and in its mitochondrial DNA unit, which examines evidence, such as naturally shed hairs, hair fragments, bones and teeth.

In his report, Horowitz found that the nuclear unit had effectively eliminated its backlog, reducing the number of its cases from 2,722 in March 2010 to 110 as of March 2012. The remaining cases are a &#8220;monthly work-in-progress,&#8221; the report concluded.

But the mitochondrial DNA unit continues to have a backlog, Horowitz said. The unit reduced the number of its cases from 489 in March 2010 to 293 as of March 2012, but Horowitz said the reduction could not be attributed to the number of completed cases. Rather, he said, it was mostly due to a change in the way the unit calculates its backlog and other policy changes.

The inspector general&#8217;s report said that the FBI lab still lacks a system capable of electronically managing laboratory operations, despite having spent at least $14 million since 2003 in two unsuccessful attempts to develop such a system. The lab is in the beginning stages of developing a new system, the report said.

The FBI crime lab in Quantico, VA, has an overall DNA backlog of ... DNA from missing persons cases can take on average 600 days to be tested at the lab, ...

http://www.forensicmag.com/news/201...-fbi-crime-lab?qt-most_popular=0#.UqXgRPRDsuc
08/22/2010

The FBI crime lab in Quantico, VA, has an overall DNA backlog of 3,211 cases&#8212;which would take two years to clear, even without the addition of new cases. Because missing persons cases often lack the urgency of a trial date, the backlog of over 1,400 missing persons cases is rarely prioritized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV