IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a transient committed this crime.

Whoever did it had intimate knowledge, because "whoever" allegedly parked where only locals would park.

Let alone the isolation of the dump site.

:moo:

IIRC there was a search in the Dunkerton area, also a "witness" that lived there or near there.

This is the 2nd suicide in that area since the girls went missing. At least the 2nd one that's been mentioned on these threads.

Yep, very early on, when the FBI was still reporting that they thought the girls were alive, I predicted that they weren't and would be found near Dunkerton. I said in the hunting area east of Dunkerton, they would be found by hunters. . .but my jaw dropped when they were actually found so close to the area AND by hunters.

I will hold my tongue about that, but those things that made me predict that still way heavily on my mind.

ETA- just so nobody thinks I'm creepy, very early on in this case I read an article, I actually think it was an academic piece or study, about how FBI profilers are trained. As I worked my way through that reading, I just put in what my initial thoughts were here. At the end, when I asked, "If I was an FBI profiler, what would I conclude?" I ended up in the area of Dunkerton. . .someplace secluded, but known. So I picked the slightly wooded area to the east and figured if they were found it would be by hunters when the area opened back up to hunting. That was a dang good article!

Yes, earlier, right before the girls were found. Are we thinking about the same one where the man stepped in front of a train? Or the Radiologist who killed himself and his girlfriend (her parents knew Elizabeth and lived close to Meyers Lake)?

I forgot about the Radiologist. I was thinking of the man that stepped in front of the train. Tragic.

Yep, very early on, when the FBI was still reporting that they thought the girls were alive, I predicted that they weren't and would be found near Dunkerton. I said in the hunting area east of Dunkerton, they would be found by hunters. . .but my jaw dropped when they were actually found so close to the area AND by hunters.

I will hold my tongue about that, but those things that made me predict that still way heavily on my mind.

ETA- just so nobody thinks I'm creepy, very early on in this case I read an article, I actually think it was an academic piece or study, about how FBI profilers are trained. As I worked my way through that reading, I just put in what my initial thoughts were here. At the end, when I asked, "If I was an FBI profiler, what would I conclude?" I ended up in the area of Dunkerton. . .someplace secluded, but known. So I picked the slightly wooded area to the east and figured if they were found it would be by hunters when the area opened back up to hunting. That was a dang good article!

I'm no profiler, but my common sense has brought me to the same conclusion I suspect.

If you follow the evidence it all points one way, always has.

I'm no profiler, but my common sense has brought me to the same conclusion I suspect.

If you follow the evidence it all points one way, always has.

I share your interpretation of the evidence.

Many others disagree.

I wish there was more evidence to interpret . . .

Bumping the girls back to Page 1.

I wish I had some new topic of conversation to keep the discussion going.:banghead:

Did the article discuss areas of awareness and the likelihood that killers will act and dispose of bodies within those areas? I think I remember it and I know I remember nursebeeme linked a very good article about that subject in the Jessica Ridgeway case (austin Sigg was the perp in that one). Not sure if this is the article but if not it is similar and discusses awareness space.

The Spatial Psychology of Serial Offending
The serial offender’s operating location is vitally important to an investigator since that information can lead to the offender’s identity and arrest. This location is called an anchor point; it is the place from which the offender leaves to commit a crime, returns to after committing a crime, or both. Most often the anchor point is a residence, but it could also be a workplace or other central location. The offender’s anchor point is directly related to the locations of his crime scenes. The pattern describing this relationship can be simply stated as follows:

Offenders commit crimes close to their anchor points.
The frequency of offending decreases as the distance from their anchor point increases. http://www.wesleyenglish.com/geoprofile/geographic-profiling

Los Angeles LE made use of spatial psychology trying to track down the Grim Sleeper as well, though conventional forensics wound up playing a bigger role in the solution.

Did the article discuss areas of awareness and the likelihood that killers will act and dispose of bodies within those areas? I think I remember it and I know I remember nursebeeme linked a very good article about that subject in the Jessica Ridgeway case (austin Sigg was the perp in that one). Not sure if this is the article but if not it is similar and discusses awareness space.

The Spatial Psychology of Serial Offending
The serial offender’s operating location is vitally important to an investigator since that information can lead to the offender’s identity and arrest. This location is called an anchor point; it is the place from which the offender leaves to commit a crime, returns to after committing a crime, or both. Most often the anchor point is a residence, but it could also be a workplace or other central location. The offender’s anchor point is directly related to the locations of his crime scenes. The pattern describing this relationship can be simply stated as follows:

Offenders commit crimes close to their anchor points.
The frequency of offending decreases as the distance from their anchor point increases. http://www.wesleyenglish.com/geoprofile/geographic-profiling

That's not the article (I still can't find it. . .:banghead:). But the one I read did address anchor points. It was also full of statistics.

When Kathlynn Shepard was still missing, I used the maps from Lyric & Elizabeth's case to try to figure out where Kathylnn's body had been dumped (for whatever reason I was sure he went south not north with her). I was quite close based on my unprofessional, inexperienced logic. At the time it seemed quite likely that Klunder was responsible for Lyric & Elizabeth's deaths. I was sure that within a week we'd have confirmation, based soley on where Kathlynn was discovered in relation to where she was abducted, and Lyric & Elizabeth abduction & recovered maps.

With Lyric & Elizabeth they were discovered 22ish miles north of where they went missing. Kathlynn was discovered nearly the same distance south of where she went missing. Near water, in a wooded area.

Honestly, I don't have a great suspect. There are so many people in this case that seem suspicious of me, I have a top 10 list. My opinion has changed so many times.

I think I only have a top six. But basically, yeah.

You sure did say that. I remember. :)

God bless their souls. Still praying for their justice!

When Kathlynn Shepard was still missing, I used the maps from Lyric & Elizabeth's case to try to figure out where Kathylnn's body had been dumped (for whatever reason I was sure he went south not north with her). I was quite close based on my unprofessional, inexperienced logic. At the time it seemed quite likely that Klunder was responsible for Lyric & Elizabeth's deaths. I was sure that within a week we'd have confirmation, based soley on where Kathlynn was discovered in relation to where she was abducted, and Lyric & Elizabeth abduction & recovered maps.

With Lyric & Elizabeth they were discovered 22ish miles north of where they went missing. Kathlynn was discovered nearly the same distance south of where she went missing. Near water, in a wooded area.

Honestly, I don't have a great suspect. There are so many people in this case that seem suspicious of me, I have a top 10 list. My opinion has changed so many times.

Did they ever determine the site where they believe Klunder had put Kathlynn in the river before she was later found downstream under the bridge?

Did they ever determine the site where they believe Klunder had put Kathlynn in the river before she was later found downstream under the bridge?

I don't recall reading or hearing anything about that. If I run across that info I'll post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springfield, Missouri to Evansdale, Iowa - 7 hours north.

RIP Hailey Owens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members