Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, there we go. Bremer County Males.

Call in and eliminate yourself from the suspect list.

25,000 people is a very searchable database.

Narrow that further to males, white SUV, hunt/fish/camp.......

Might be former resident of Bremer County living elsewhere but close enough to go there with the girls.....

I think they are doing an organized round-up here.

Have to agree with SeriouslySearching. They promise new details would be released, but then just make their plea for more tips.

That they haven't ruled out a drug angle is interesting, but unsurprising.

Was there any mention of Klunder? I don't think it was him, but if I was a reporter, I'd be interested in learning what the group of investigators whom Evansdale PD presented to thought of him.

Guys, you're not going to believe this, but I woke up this morning and just wasn't feeling well and had to stay home from work today.

:shame:

:giggle:

I could tell from your posts yesterday that you definitely were coming down with something!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My conclusion: They've got DNA on something.

They need to eliminate everybody else.

Don't worry if you are a loved one of the perpetrator, or a past romantic partner, we will determine you were not involved or implicated. Please come forward with the information you know.

That's an interesting comment. I know we have discussed this before, the idea that someone might suspect a spouse, boyfriend, relative, etc., but might be afraid to turn them in. Now if LE offered to provide protection, that might generate a response!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did anyone from EITHER of the girls families spend time in the 7 Bridges area? NOT willing to speak about that.

I assume they're using "family" in the broadest sense here, including the aunts and uncles etc., but it still struck me as...odd.

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock said in a news conference Tuesday morning that the department is asking area residents to call in and report anyone who may be familiar with the Bremer County wilderness area. Smock, who stood among a group of 13 prosecutors and local law enforcement officers, said such a person may have fished, camped or gone to party there.

"We are asking that everyone think about anyone they know who is familiar with Seven Bridges ... they may have hunted there," Smock said.

Smock understands that the department's request may be uncomfortable for people faced with reporting friends, family members or significant others. However, all information gathered will be kept confidential, he said. Anybody with information can call the case tip line at 319-232-6682.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...wa-girls-case-focus-wilderness-area/22794367/

I assume they're using "family" in the broadest sense here, including the aunts and uncles etc., but it still struck me as...odd.

I can see this in one of two ways:

1. They are actually protecting the family. Can you imagine the kind of speculation that would go on if it came out one of the family members knew Seven Bridges? That'd be pretty messy. And yet they did bring it up, which only attracts attention, which leads to...

2. I agree, it is odd. And with them not ruling out the drug angle either, one wonders what kind of criminal activity may have gone on out in a remote wildlife refuge. From meth cooking site to body dumping site...

Which leads back to something I've felt has been a key since day one: Dan rejecting his plea deal. I have no idea how that fits in, but it's just too weird to exclude from the pieces we're trying to fit together to solve this.

Lyric and Elizabeth: Full statement released by Evansdale Police

BBM

<snip>

We are asking that everyone think about anyone they know who is familiar with Seven Bridges. At some point in their life, they may have hunted there. They may have fished there. At some point in their life, they may have camped there. They may have gone there to "party" when they were younger. They may have gone mushroom hunting there. We want to know about anyone who is familiar with Seven Bridges.

I know I am asking a lot from you all to call us about a person you know...

http://www.kwwl.com/story/28012264/...h-full-statement-released-by-evansdale-police

The citizens of Bremer County, specifically the males, will do well to call LE to tell them they have spent time at 7 Bridges.

If YOU know someone who has EVER spent time at 7 Bridges, CALL the TIPLINE.

PLEASE.

LE will very easily rule out innocent people.

Call in TIPS to 319-232-6682

Only Bremer County? Not Blackhawk?

When I heard 7 Bridges for the first time. I immediately changed my mind. I initially thought that the person was likely a traveling g construction worker, but once they announced they found the girls at 7 Bridges, I was sure it was a local. Again, it was my snap assumption, but I think this is what they're communicating as well. It's a significant place for locals, but probably not likely to be discovered by people who aren't already familiar with it. I, myself, have a stack of pictures from high school from Senior Skip Day at 7 Bridges. It's pretty remote... That's why we could get away with plopping a keg down and not get caught skipping school ;)

Isn't it kind of worrisome though? That, because you all were at Seven Bridges, someone could potentially call in all of those names. Anyone you went to school with who'd ever gone hunting, fishing, etc. (or even their dads, uncles, etc.) is potentially a suspect? That's a TON of people to weed through. I wish they would have been a smide more specific as to not spend the next few months weeding through every single person who had been ever been there. I know it may be necessary, but goodness...the # of people who could be suspect is just daunting...

I believe he mentioned Black Hawk as well during the PC - he said this person may now live in the Black Hawk county area, but is familiar with the Bremer County area as well.

EVANSDALE (KWWL) -Evansdale Police gave a news update on Lyric and Elizabeth's abduction and murder case on the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 3.

The full text of their statement is below:

------------------------------------

As previously reported, we traveled to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children last week to discuss this investigation. We met with a group of experts from the National Center, the FBI, NCIS, and United States Marshals Service and engaged in lengthy discussions about this crime. In the end, the experts were very impressed with our investigative efforts to date and are committed to assisting us in this investigation until justice is served for Lyric and Elizabeth.

Despite tens of thousands of hours of investigative work by the Evansdale Police Department, Iowa DCI, FBI, Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office, Waterloo Police Department, Cedar Falls Police Department, Black Hawk County Attorney's Office, Bremer County Sheriff's Office and Bremer County Attorney's Office and countless other local and state law enforcement agencies, this case remains unsolved.

However, this case is an open and very active investigation with a team of investigators from all of these agencies following up on every lead received. That said, the answer is still out there and we are confident that a member of our community can help us. We are here today asking for your help.

Every single person in the room at the National Center remarked on the importance of Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in this investigation. As many of you know, Elizabeth and Lyric's remains were found in the Seven Bridges Wildlife Area on December 5, 2012.

I am a lifelong resident of this community. I was born and raised right here in Evansdale, Iowa. I think you will all agree with me that Seven Bridges is extremely remote and you must know it is there to get there. We have no doubt that the person or persons responsible for this crime are very familiar with Seven Bridges.

We are asking that everyone think about anyone they know who is familiar with Seven Bridges. At some point in their life, they may have hunted there. They may have fished there. At some point in their life, they may have camped there. They may have gone there to "party" when they were younger. They may have gone mushroom hunting there. We want to know about anyone who is familiar with Seven Bridges.

I know I am asking a lot from you all to call us about a person you know. We will leave no stone unturned in eliminating those who are not responsible. Remember why we are doing this. The families of these girls from our community deserve closure. And, more importantly, Elizabeth and Lyric deserve to rest in peace.

Kent Smock
Chief of Police
Evansdale, Iowa
02/03/15

http://www.kwwl.com/story/28012264/2015/02/03/lyric-and-elizabeth-full-statement-released-by-evansdale-police

Lyric and Elizabeth: Full statement released by Evansdale Police

BBM

<snip>

I know I am asking a lot from you all to call us about a person you know...

http://www.kwwl.com/story/28012264/...h-full-statement-released-by-evansdale-police

BBM: I have found a few interesting men using the mushroom hunting angle. It is one worth exploring, IMO

I believe he mentioned Black Hawk as well during the PC - he said this person may now live in the Black Hawk county area, but is familiar with the Bremer County area as well.

Yes, he did say Black Hawk, and I edited my post 3 times, and I have put it back to include both Bremer and Black Hawk.

I believe it is entirely POSSIBLE that the perp currently lives in Evansdale, in Black Hawk County, but, may be originally from Bremer County which is where 7 Bridges is.

The killers FAMILY may still live in the area of 7 Bridges or in Bremer County.

Anticipated time between kidnapping and time of killing - they have an idea of how much time but won't discuss.

Isn't it kind of worrisome though? That, because you all were at Seven Bridges, someone could potentially call in all of those names. Anyone you went to school with who'd ever gone hunting, fishing, etc. (or even their dads, uncles, etc.) is potentially a suspect? That's a TON of people to weed through. I wish they would have been a smide more specific as to not spend the next few months weeding through every single person who had been ever been there. I know it may be necessary, but goodness...the # of people who could be suspect is just daunting...

This! Wasn't here another poster that was here whose husband had been to seven bridges when he was younger, she convinced him to take her there after the girls were found and they got lost on the way there? I can't remember who it was, but I assume they fall into the category since he'd been there before. I wonder if this is more of a fishing expedition where they have a few people in mind but don't have enough to work with and need to know if they've been there before. Once they get the names they are looking for perhaps they can more forward with their investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy