IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KWWL FB page under the article titled "Lyric and Elizabeth: Full Statement Released by Evansdale Police" has very interesting comments for anyone caring to peruse them.

KWWL FB page under the article titled "Lyric and Elizabeth: Full Statement Released by Evansdale Police" has very interesting comments for anyone caring to peruse them.

Under the post announcing the live feed there is a comment about looking into people who lived there three years ago but have since moved. Makes me wonder if that person has someone in mind, or just thinking that the perp may have moved away.

It seems a lot of the locals still very much feel Lyric's parents were involved, while others have tightened up the reins on their kiddos (which I think is a good thing).

LOL....that was me. :) I made my husband take me up there to do the videos of the area for my fellow sleuthers. We got lost and ran into Cinder while we were there. He went there when he was very young, when his dad took him fishing as a kiddo. I would feel pretty silly making him call in since he wasn't even old enough to drive when he and his dad fished there...lol. I feel safe in assuring everyone he is in the clear. :)

Not suggesting anything about your husband! But I think generally speaking this is exactly the kind of information they're looking for. Somebody who could remember the place from his past and revisit it as an adult.

Not suggesting anything about your husband! But I think generally speaking this is exactly the kind of information they're looking for. Somebody who could remember the place from his past and revisit it as an adult.

I agree. I would think voluntarily calling would be a good thing. Imagine if someone else called and said they recalled them having visited there?

This is quite interesting info. May I ask, is it known that the perp kept the girls alive after abducting them?

I find it interesting that they said it if you are innocent we will easily be able to clear you. Do you think that means they have dna or fingerprints? (I don't know how long fingerprints would last)

Also interesting that they say the timing is the heart of the case. I guess I assumed it took so long to find them because the area was remote and it wasn't hunting season. But, mayeb there weren't there that whole time? Are there any buildings in 7 Bridges? Cabins or boat houses or anything where you could hide 2 girls for awhile? I know we've been camping at parks before and you can randomly come across little buildings that look like they never get used. I've never been to 7 Bridges though.

Smock confirmed that authorities have checked hunting licenses linked to the area and said Bremer County deputies have continued to monitor the park, but he declined to discuss other steps they have taken in relation to Seven Bridges.

“There have been a multitude of people who have risen to the top, who we watch, who we investigate. … Do we have a person who we definitely are targeting? At this time, no we don’t,” Smock said.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_1f51e14d-850f-5d41-a0dc-294cd6bcd295.html

My theory has always been:
*crime of opportunity
*one male, probably at least 50+, a "grandpa" type
*male lived alone OR had access to an empty place where he could keep them
*male kept them for months and had to kill them and dispose of them because either someone was going to be staying with him (if he had them in his home) or someone would be around the area he was holding them
*male disposed of them in 7 Bridges because he knew they would eventually be found although it would take a while, because he cared for them in his own sick way
*male wouldn't have seemed out of place had someone seen him around 7 Bridges
ETA I also think if he's ever found, it will definitely discovered he has done this over and over

Thanks everyone for having my back here. He is calling just to appease me. :) I said I didn't want the feds at my door. Lmao

I am so frustrated that they won't release just a bit more information. Knowing whether the girls were sexually assaulted or not is everything. Why not release that information to the public? We're either looking for a sex offender (known or unknown), or someone did this to hurt the parents. I'm still assuming this was sex-related crime, because it seems like it would be so easy to narrow down suspects if it were related to revenge. If that's the case then there is a HUGE possibility that the perp will re-offend. LE has done a terrible injustice to local citizens. They have always downplayed the risk to the rest of the community. I don't get it. It makes me mad.

I'm ranting, but the core of it is this...

If the girls were sexually assaulted, it's just a matter of time until someone else's girl(s) are sexually assaulted and thrown away. LE has never come out and said, "Hide your daughters!" That makes me crazy. I feel like they should have.

The tone of the press release and profile is certainly that they're looking for a sexual predator, but I've often wondered whether the girls had seen or heard something that caused someone to think he had to kill them to protect himself.

I am so frustrated that they won't release just a bit more information. Knowing whether the girls were sexually assaulted or not is everything. Why not release that information to the public? We're either looking for a sex offender (known or unknown), or someone did this to hurt the parents. I'm still assuming this was sex-related crime, because it seems like it would be so easy to narrow down suspects if it were related to revenge. If that's the case then there is a HUGE possibility that the perp will re-offend. LE has done a terrible injustice to local citizens. They have always downplayed the risk to the rest of the community. I don't get it. It makes me mad.

If the girls were sexually assaulted, it's just a matter of time until someone else's girl(s) are sexually assaulted and thrown away. LE has never come out and said, "Hide your daughters!" That makes me crazy. I feel like they should have.

IMO, LE didn't tell people to "hide your daughters" because they knew there was no danger to the public. I don't think this was a sex-related crime.

I know many of my WS friends have a different opinion, this post is just how I interpret the facts of this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO, LE didn't tell people to "hide your daughters" because they knew there was no danger to the public. I don't think this was a sex-related crime.

I know many of my WS friends have a different opinion, this post is just how I interpret the facts of this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Until this presser I didn't think it was a sex crime. But if they are only looking for males.....

Also would explain Drew's dedication to sex crimes now.

I know what you mean. Originally I thought it was more of a revenge thing, but after Drew in particular got so involved in speaking out about sex offenders I thought it must have been a sex crime also. I missed hearing today's press release but after reading the transcript I think even more it must have been a sex related crime, which makes my heart ache even more for the girls. The time between the kidnapping vs. them being killed makes me shudder, too. Those poor girls.

If it was a sex-related crime I find it hard to believe the perp HASN'T re-offended yet or at least tried to. That's pretty scary because I got the impression people were kind of relaxing and getting "back to normal" in the area, just based on posts here from locals to that area.

It seems like LE has something/someone(s) fairly specific in mind. I hope this press conference pans out the way LE seems to hope it will.

I finally found an old article about the white truck parked by the bike trail on Arbutus Ave and again on the lane close to the girls and their bikes.

Two of the witnesses say they saw the white SUV parked between these two bike trail signs.

The other witness told police they saw the vehicle parked near the woods on the east side of the lake -- only a few hundred feet from where the bikes were found.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22671327/2013/06/24/evansdale

I wonder why they didn't include Fayette County which is across the river from 7B and was very accessible by a bridge at one time before it was washed away?

The man who claimed to see the girls last is still the person I would concentrate on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe