IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I have so much going through my head right now.

I'm assuming now they were sexually assaulted since they are only asking for MALES who have been to seven bridges. Or male DNA was found.

Anyone interested in looking up information on properties in Bremer County or Black Hawk County and crossing it to PIPL.com can utilize this Iowa Assessors tool.

Please remember not to post any names here.

http://www.iowaassessors.com/

My conclusion: They've got DNA on something.

They need to eliminate everybody else.

I sure hope so!

I'm wondering the same thing. Do they have a small group of potentials, and just need someone else to implicate one of them so they have the justification to continue investigating?

Latest Information on the suspect

The FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) has been involved in the case since July, 2012 and has offered it's assistance to investigators throughout the past two years. The below listed information as opinions based upon information available up until July 17, 2014 and assumes that the information provided in the case is valid and complete. Certain aspects of these opinions may be subject to modification or change, depending upon any new information that becomes available in the future.
The following items are possible characteristics the suspect may have, however should not be considered factual and the suspect or suspects may or may not possess one or all of the characteristics described here.

• [*]
    The offender most likely acted upon an opportunity to abduct Lyric and Elizabeth when they were seen in the Evansdale area.

• The offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake/Angels Park in Evansdale and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County. The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others.

• The offender likely used some form of “quiet coercion” to garner Elizabeth and Lyric’s initial compliance in leaving the park. This could have involved communication of a ruse or threats of violence.

• The offender blends in with and may be a part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities. It is unlikely that the offender is a transient or someone who was merely traveling or “passing through” the area.

• The offender may have experienced stressors in the offender’s life in the time period leading up to July 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012. These stressors may have included legal problems, psychological/mental health difficulties, conflict(s) with their significant other or spouse, employment difficulties or financial strain.

• The offender is likely following any media reports regarding the investigation but may deliberately avoid discussions with others about the case or any public display of interest about the investigation.

• The offender may have attempted abductions in the past and these attempts may have involved minor or adult victims.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the appearance of the offender’s vehicle. This may have involved cleaning the interior or exterior of the vehicle or permanently changing the appearance through painting or re-upholstery.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the offender’s physical appearance to include, changing hair style/color, growing/removing facial hair, etc.

BAU case experience indicates that the vast majority of these types of offenses are committed by one offender. However, there are cases in which more than one offender was involved in some part of the criminal act. Therefore, the public is strongly encouraged to contact law enforcement with any suspicion involving a single offender, multiple offenders or any individual they are suspicious of -- whether or not the person possesses any of the characteristics mentioned above.
This information is being released to the public in hopes it will assist the public to remember specific activities/characteristics of individuals around the date of the girls abduction and report it to investigators.
The public is warned to take no action on their own based upon these characteristics but are asked to report their suspicions to law enforcement so they may be properly investigated and individual’s rights protected.

http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html

They probably ought to look at birders, too.

You are SO right.

Killer Russell Williams was a birder, and he set up camera's on tripods and used binoculars often.

People thought he was birding, but, he was stalking his victims.

I think that wasn't a bad presser. It's my take that LE has some kind of general idea of the person they are looking for: someone that is both able to have kept the girls alive for a time and knows Seven Bridges. Laying a wide net by asking for anyone who has been to Seven Bridges or knows someone who has doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. It's not like LE has anything better to do besides sift potential suspects. And laying a snare for potential suspects (anyone who doesn't self report will be considered suspicious) is rather clever.

This! Wasn't here another poster that was here whose husband had been to seven bridges when he was younger, she convinced him to take her there after the girls were found and they got lost on the way there? I can't remember who it was, but I assume they fall into the category since he'd been there before. I wonder if this is more of a fishing expedition where they have a few people in mind but don't have enough to work with and need to know if they've been there before. Once they get the names they are looking for perhaps they can more forward with their investigation?

LOL....that was me. :) I made my husband take me up there to do the videos of the area for my fellow sleuthers. We got lost and ran into Cinder while we were there. He went there when he was very young, when his dad took him fishing as a kiddo. I would feel pretty silly making him call in since he wasn't even old enough to drive when he and his dad fished there...lol. I feel safe in assuring everyone he is in the clear. :)

The wording on that FBI profile seems to confirm that the murders were committed at Seven Bridges: "The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others."

The wording on that FBI profile seems to confirm that the murders were committed at Seven Bridges: "The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others."

I think this is key as well. This person is extremely familiar with this park. They frequent the park enough to know where in the park to go, and when people are there and when they aren't. I've said before that someone with vague knowledge of the park (partied there when they were younger) would not likely assume that a park would be unoccupied in the second weekend in July.

Maybe this person camped there regularly? They would then be able to watch the amount of traffic that came and went throughout the park during the summer. For this person to commit the acts within the park this would be like their own backyard. They would have to have 100% certainty that someone would not come upon this horrific act while it's taking place.

I think this is key as well. This person is extremely familiar with this park. They frequent the park enough to know where in the park to go, and when people are there and when they aren't. I've said before that someone with vague knowledge of the park (partied there when they were younger) would not likely assume that a park would be unoccupied in the second weekend in July.

Maybe this person camped there regularly? They would then be able to watch the amount of traffic that came and went throughout the park during the summer. For this person to commit the acts within the park this would be like their own backyard. They would have to have 100% certainty that someone would not come upon this horrific act while it's taking place.

BBM: Of course, that is assuming that the horrific act took place there, and 7 Bridges was not just a dumping ground.

LE said today, that the time between the girls going missing and being killed is the "heart of the case". This does make me wonder if the girls were actually kept alive immediately following the abduction. I tend to dismiss the idea in my head, because of statistical known facts on these types of abductions, being killed within 3hrs etc., and also, probably, because I want to think that they were not tortured, scared, etc.

However, there is very, very little about this particular case that follows "the rules of probability".

JMO

Did anyone get the impression that they are looking for someone middle aged?

Early on in the case, I thought the perp/s would turn out to be a very young person, but now, from the type of things said at the conference, it did seem like a middle aged person. Who knows, maybe it was one of each?
Wondering if the white SUV is still a factor in the case? Men often drive white trucks, but a certain type , might be inclined to drive a white SUV, imo.It is attention catching.

What about those who found the bodies? From the area? Liked to hunt and fish? Friends/co-worker with person who saw the bikes?........

I didn't get an impression on any specific age, but I have always thought the perp was someone who didn't work during the day which could somewhat narrow things down a bit more? Could be a high school or college aged kid off for the summer, could be someone retired, could be someone who worked 3rd shift. Could be someone who doesn't hold a job.

But people who work regular hours, Monday through Friday would likely have been noticed missing for a stretch during that day. Maybe they took vacation, but that too would have been something out of the ordinary and would be a red flag if someone had suspicions of anyone in particular.

I guess maybe this person could work during the day, but then my assumption would be that they lived alone or had somewhere to hold the girls where no one else would know. That's pretty risky though.

My guess is this person had no one to "miss them" during the day, or wonder why they weren't where they "should be".

They did mention "partying when you were younger" and other inferences of the like, so maybe they think the perp is older?

BBM: Of course, that is assuming that the horrific act took place there, and 7 Bridges was not just a dumping ground.

LE said today, that the time between the girls going missing and being killed is the "heart of the case". This does make me wonder if the girls were actually kept alive immediately following the abduction. I tend to dismiss the idea in my head, because of statistical known facts on these types of abductions, being killed within 3hrs etc., and also, probably, because I want to think that they were not tortured, scared, etc.

However, there is very, very little about this particular case that follows "the rules of probability".

JMO

Timing is everything! Thinking that if LE reveal info about timing, the perp and anyone possibly protecting him, would adjust/ tailor their alibis accordingly.imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy