IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tone of the press release and profile is certainly that they're looking for a sexual predator, but I've often wondered whether the girls had seen or heard something that caused someone to think he had to kill them to protect himself.

Car buff I have a thought that combines your two thoughts... I was initially shocked that this happened in Evansdale because the police border on (if not fully cross over into) harassment because they watch everyone so closely. The police presence is, and always has been, very well known in Evansdale as well as the surrounding areas. I very much believed that this is not the kind of community that you can get away with this in. Right or wrong, I would think another local would have the same kind of intimidated assumption. Maybe he's offended against kids before and been able to go undetected. I wonder if he decided to end their lives when it went so public so quickly, and he knew that this time he was definitely going to get caught.

Here is the list of questions callers are being asked - does this give us any information to chew on?

1. Name of POI
2. Approximate age of POI
3. All known telephone numbers of POI
4. Address of POI
5. POI's ties to Seven Bridges (did they hunt, camp, etc.)
6. Occupation of POI
7. Vehicles used by POI
8. Has POI been engaged in previous criminal activity? If so, what?

Here is the list of questions callers are being asked - does this give us any information to chew on?

1. Name of POI
4. Address of POI
6. Occupation of POI
7. Vehicles used by POI
Look like standard questions to me. Thanks for posting

This is great news. Maybe they'll take it back to the beginning and start by eliminating family as suspects, we know they've cleared Dan & Misty, but I'd love to see the rest of the family cleared starting with Elizabeth's parents and working out from there. Hopefully they can then revisit the initial suspects and witnesses.

Wanted to bring your comment forward just for bookmarking sake. I am starting back at the beginning AGAIN (for the love of all that is Holy) and found this article about Dan and Misty NOT being suspects and I am bookmarking it for reference.

http://thegazette.com/2012/07/23/mo...le-girl-to-take-second-polygraph-test-monday/

SBM:
Black Hawk County Sheriff's Capt. Rick Abben said last week that investigators were examining "every aspect" of the criminal histories of Cook-Morrissey and her estranged husband, Dan Morrissey, so that they do not overlook any possible leads. He said they were not suspects in the disappearance. But he acknowledged authorities sought a judge's order last week requiring Morrissey to submit to supervision by parole agents while he awaits trial on charges of making and dealing methamphetamine that carry the prospect of decades in prison.

Can someone provide me the link to the video of the hunters that found the girls please? It's been awhile and there are many threads. Thank you.

The department has received 150 calls since the news conference and some are coming from outside the state. All calls will be assigned to an investigator and that it will likely take some time to go through all of the calls to make sure that all information is properly analyzed.

http://www.cbs2iowa.com/news/featur...ansdale-police-see-increase-calls-33755.shtml

With that many calls so far, it sounds like there are a lot of people either familiar with Seven Bridges themselves or know other people who are. Maybe it's not so remote after all.

I hope they do receive the call that will solve this case and that it doesn't take as long as they anticipate.

I was trying to find out when the bridges at Seven Bridges were washed away and found a site apparently where people find and take pictures of bridges. Some include the name of the person submitting info. It's a very interesting site for those interested.
Let's add bridgehunters, photographers, and even birdwatchers to the list.

http://bridgehunter.com/ia/

CMF? I haven't been following this thread as actively as I used to, but I have his name and mugshot imprinted in my brain. I've never been able to shake it. Too many coincidences.
Yep! From what I remember, his alibi was another RSO.

Doesn't mean much at all, however, in this screenshot from the video from Tuesday's article on the presser, obviously using old footage from the recovery location, an evidence flag is shown in the fields on the road leading into 7 Bridges - I believe.

Maybe this evidence is related to this case (or maybe it was just garbage etc.???), but, if it was evidence, perhaps this shows that the perp stopped outside the park, dropped something, maybe was going to leave the girls there and then continued on.

Much ado about nothing, in all likehlihood. Food for thought however.

flag.jpg

flag-2.JPG

http://www.kcci.com/news/police-to-give-update-on-evansdale-cousins/31065070

From this new video coverage:

"The NCMEC suggested that Smock and his team focus MORE ATTENTION on the 7 Bridges Road Wildlife Area and that's why he put a plea out to the public"

*****Can someone please tell me if we have seen this footage of the recovery location, with the yellow police tape running that long of distance, before?*********

http://www.kwwl.com/story/28027882/...dale-tipline-after-lyric-and-elizabeth-update

After listening to that news report I just linked, something has popped into my wee brain.

Maybe LE needs to ask people who are familiar with 7 Bridges something specific. Something about the terrain or some other detail that would help them. Something that the public does not know about.

They might not do that on the first tip call, but, may have LE do it at a later time.

1. Name of POI
4. Address of POI
6. Occupation of POI
7. Vehicles used by POI

If someone was to submit an anonymous tip through Tip Submit, to Cedarvalley Crimestoppers Iowa, here is the form. This is a standard tip form, and there is even a feedback portion so you can log back and in and converse with LE if necessary using the anonymous chat feature

Crimestoppers Anonymous ONLINE TIP SUBMIT LINK:

https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=1435&HR=http://www.tipsoft.com/index.aspx?p=webtips

Please forgive me with these questions as I'm coming in 36 threads deep and haven't had time to read very much yet.

What did these 3 people that found the girls do for a living? The girls were taken on a Friday afternoon & they were found on a Wednesday afternoon? What were they hunting? Plus these three participated in the initial search for the girls and never thought they would be the ones that actually found them....too many things throwing up red flags for me.

I was one that called into the tip line. Does anyone have the actual link to the hunters who found the girls interview? I have searched and searched and cannot find the video anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333