IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/SUV-Crashes-into-Cedar-Falls-Mobile-Home-233926571.html

I think a Chevy Tahoe could be similar to a Chevy Blazer or a Ford Bronco, just trying to broaden my search for the white SUV.

"A chase started around 10:30 Friday night after a trooper with the Iowa State Patrol tried to pull over a Chevy Tahoe on Highway 218 near George Wyth State Park."

George Wyth State Park also caught my eye.

Wow! Good eye!
That looks just like an old white clunky looking truck from the front. I wonder what year this is and better yet, who owns it?
It will be interesting to find out why the ISP tried to pull it over.

Wow! Good eye!
That looks just like an old white clunky looking truck from the front. I wonder what year this is and better yet, who owns it?
It will be interesting to find out why the ISP tried to pull it over.

The only other article I found said they are not releasing the names of people arrested at this time, and could not find any info why these people were pulled over.

OT-Welcome back to me, lol. I had a heck of a time finding the website today! I like the new arrangement, though.

The only other article I found said they are not releasing the names of people arrested at this time, and could not find any info why these people were pulled over.

It probably doesn't matter anyway.
I started to do a search on Black Hawk Sheriff's who's in jail section to see if I could find something out, but when I checked back on the article to see the date, I realized I had missed that this was an old story and that you were pointing out the truck in the picture. Sometimes I just get overly excited about the thought of a new clue that would finally solve this horrific crime.

It probably doesn't matter anyway.
I started to do a search on Black Hawk Sheriff's who's in jail section to see if I could find something out, but when I checked back on the article to see the date, I realized I had missed that this was an old story and that you were pointing out the truck in the picture. Sometimes I just get overly excited about the thought of a new clue that would finally solve this horrific crime.
I didn't notice the date at first either, but now I'm VERY curious for several reasons. There was never any more info released on this???? WHY was the article updated in April 2014?? What changed?? And I can't find any arrest reports that go back that far. Cedar Falls doesn't, and I can't find any at all for the ISP. No Courier article (I'll have to look deeper). If the vehicle description matches one they were looking for in the L & E case, did they follow up???? I think I'll email Smock.....

I sent an email to the Iowa missing girls email. Couldn't find an email for Smock... We'll see.

Came across this interesting book, fwiw..
bbm
http://books.google.ca/books?id=-Kd...of+more+than+one+victim&source=gbs_navlinks_s

"Kidnapping: An Investigator's Guide to Profiling is based on a three-part analysis of 100 randomly selected kidnapping cases prosecuted in the United States that have survived Supreme Court appeal. The results of the analysis are incorporated into each chapter as part of the exploration of the inductive profile of each kidnapping subtype, thereby offering a statistically based tool that can inform investigative strategies and the allocation of limited resources. The analysis includes standardized input from four levels of professional law enforcement including a forensic psychologist, a crime analyst, a detective, and a city prosecutor.

In addition to chapters pertaining to the kidnapping subtypes – Domestic Kidnapping, Predatory Kidnapping-Adult Victim, Predatory Kidnapping-Child Victim, Profit Kidnapping, Revenge Kidnapping, Staged Kidnapping, and Political Kidnapping - an introductory chapter is dedicated to the evolution of U.S. kidnapping law and intervention strategies, including a review of relevant case law (Megan's Law, Amber Alert). Appendices include a concise summary of all the subtypes and Tabletop Drills that law enforcement can use to support potential kidnapping victims prepare and better respond to a kidnapping threat. The second edition also includes a discussion of the relationship between kidnapping and human trafficking, as well as a new Appendix focused upon effective interview strategies with the victim-witness."

Thanks OkieGranny. Wow. I remember the first "Ride & Drive" and I sure never thought it'd be an annual thing, or that I'd be seeing it happen again before someone's in jail for what happened to these girls.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of it, I just never thought it'd be "Annual Ride & Drive" time again. :(

It is nice to see that we're still talking about our girls.

For those who are somewhat new to this thread, I figured I would state my theory. Those of you who have been here a while have heard it before!

I believe the girls went willingly with someone they knew and were probably taken from the lake. I feel they were taken directly to 7 Bridges and were walked into the area where their bodies were eventually discovered. I do not think sexual assault was the primary motive. I do believe the primary motive was drug-related. I definitely feel the perp(s) were back in Evansdale before the search at the lake took place and that at least one perp participated in that search and other searches. I think the perp's absence would have been noticed had he/she/they not been present at the searches, vigils, etc.

I still cannot decide if the bikes were staged but at this time, I tend to think they were,

All JMO, of course, and I always enjoy reading and discussing all theories.

Just wondering - does anyone believe this was a random crime committed by someone just passing through Evansdale? If so, do you think the perp(s) had prior knowledge of the area?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/mo...5760-af2e-67b128702d89.html?comment_form=true

Black-and-pink clad bikers, despite dark skies and the threat of rain, gathered at Lofty's Lounge before leaving on a ride to Waverly, Reinbeck and La Porte City. Proceeds from registration and raffle tickets will benefit Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers and Angels Memorial Park under development at Meyers Lake.

Rodger Day summed up the event in one word: awareness.

"The last thing I'd ever dream of is that I'd be up here two years later knowing that Elizabeth's and Lyric's killer has not been caught and still walks the street," Day said. "Let's continue spreading awareness throughout Iowa and here."

Just wondering - does anyone believe this was a random crime committed by someone just passing through Evansdale? If so, do you think the perp(s) had prior knowledge of the area?

Personally... no I don't think it was random, but yes I do think the person had knowledge of the area. Both the lake, and where the girls were found.

Personally... no I don't think it was random, but yes I do think the person had knowledge of the area. Both the lake, and where the girls were found.
I agree. I think the perp/perps were very familiar and comfortable with both the lake and 7 Bridges.

I was in Waverly today while the ride was going through. There was an awesome turnout despite the threat of rain. I saw both Heather and Drew. She is looking quite healthy now.

Here are some photos fr10403014_892045347478982_3006084799599623114_n (2).jpg10556279_892045314145652_5460599730492819362_n.jpg10538661_892045277478989_583937593008639210_n.jpgom today's fundraiser:

Attachments

• 10411196_10152238865381947_8045456441483477913_n.jpg
    10411196_10152238865381947_8045456441483477913_n.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 264
http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/c...cle_47da26db-6de0-5cf5-88f3-1e6e45d0c32c.html

The Collinses have lobbied to speed up public notification in child abduction cases and campaigned to raise money for missing children groups. The couple are part of Team Hope, which counsels parents whose children have disappeared, and in May Drew Collins traveled to New York to participate in a bike ride to raise money for the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children.

But they are also turning their focus inward.

“A lot of what we are trying to do is put our lives back together, me and Heather and the kids,” Drew Collins said. “All of that becomes harder and harder as time goes. Holding your marriage together, holding your family together. It’s hard on marriage, it’s hard on day-to-day life. All around a tough situation.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi