IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your points about the purse are part of why I suspect the scene with the bicycles was at least partly staged.

I've been poring over the threads on the case and finally just started way back at the beginning. There is so much to read through.

This case messes me up and it's really difficult to stomach the fear and pain these girls experienced.

Elizabeth Collins looks so much like my daughter, it's uncanny. I hope that LE knows more than they are letting on and can find justice for Elizabeth and her cousin, Lyric.

My questions after a few threads are:

1.) Why get off bikes where they did? Something caused that event. Were the bikes laid down nicely together or did it look like they were grabbed from their bikes?

2.) Did LE mention a chain off the bike? Is it possible one of them became immobile and "someone" came and assisted?

3.) Why weren't the bikes and purse taken? Girls left original location to check on something and perp only saw them and knew nothing of the bikes/purse?

4.) Purse is on lakeside. Why? Did it get dropped through the fence and the girls walked around to the wooded side to retrieve it and stumbled upon someone/something?[
/QUOTE]

There are several theories brought forward concerning the murders of the two girls. A few have thought it was an "inside job" perpetrated by family members. Others feel it is a sex-offender while others think the killings are the result of the drug dealings by one of the parents.

It is a very good chance that the bikes and the purse were placed where they were found to throw off the investigation. If the killer(s) were know to the girls, that may explain how they were able to get the girls off the bicycles.

Nothing to really base this on, but I have a hunch that LE knows exactly what happened and who did it, but do not have the evidence yet to bring them to trial. MOO

If the killer(s) were know [sic] to the girls, that may explain how they were able to get the girls off the bicycles.

Nothing to really base this on, but I have a hunch that LE knows exactly what happened and who did it, but do not have the evidence yet to bring them to trial. MOO

I'm unsurprised to hear this a lot in these threads, but based on all of the interviews I watched and all of the quotes I have read I don't think any of the parents are involved.

Also, if the police "do not have the evidence yet," then I assume you believe this not to be a sexually motivated crime, but a result of drug activity. In all honesty, what exactly do junkies think they'll get from children?

If this is a sexually motivated crime then there would be evidence. If LE had a hunch on who it was what would stop them from getting samples from said perp?

So, this leaves me with few options:

1.) This was a sexually motivated crime and LE does not know who the perp is.
2.) This was a drug-related crime and there is no evidence.
3.) This was murder-for-thrill and LE has no evidence.

On all fronts, very sad. Ok, back to reading.

I'm unsurprised to hear this a lot in these threads, but based on all of the interviews I watched and all of the quotes I have read I don't think any of the parents are involved.

Also, if the police "do not have the evidence yet," then I assume you believe this not to be a sexually motivated crime, but a result of drug activity. In all honesty, what exactly do junkies think they'll get from children?

If this is a sexually motivated crime then there would be evidence. If LE had a hunch on who it was what would stop them from getting samples from said perp?

So, this leaves me with few options:

1.) This was a sexually motivated crime and LE does not know who the perp is.
2.) This was a drug-related crime and there is no evidence.
3.) This was murder-for-thrill and LE has no evidence.

On all fronts, very sad. Ok, back to reading.

It may very well be a sex crime.

A minority of junkies are perverts. In all probability, the drugs around the home brought in several drug users and they came into contact with at least one of the girls while they were there buying or using drugs. This is just a theory and nothing more. I don't believe it was a "revenge" killing as some have suggested.

If it was a sex crime I think they would have a hard time establishing that. The evidence may have been compromised by the fact several months passed before they were found.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_19e89720-494b-52cb-95fb-a9003cef1724.html

Misty Morrissey pleaded guilty to two counts of delivery of methamphetamine in Fayette County District Court and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. She is the mother of Lyric Cook Morrissey, who disappeared July 13, 2012, while riding her bike with her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, in Evansdale...

The former Waterloo resident was arrested Nov. 25 after a search discovered that she was allegedly in possession of and selling controlled substances out of her West Union home.

omfg I cannot believe she didnt get clean n now will srve time!! 10yrs wow

Too harsh imo.she needs rehab, not taking up expensive space in jail, which is needed for the perverts and murderers.

One local article said she'll only serve 3-1/2 of those 10 years. She also gets credit for time served, so she'll be partying again in roughly 3 yrs, IMHO.

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth. :cake4u: I think about you and Lyric everyday. I pray justice will be served soon!

the law sure seems to treat Misty with leniency.
I guess we will have to wait and see how she writes the next chapter of her life.
What bothers me most about her is the lack of focus of finding out what happened to "HER" daughter and "HER" niece.

I found the girls on the fifth page. RIP Elizabeth and Lyric

I heard a PSA today on KWWL. Anyone with info to call.... Nice to hear every once in a while.

I wish someone with some information would call. Can't believe it's taking so long for LE to cross their T's and dot their i's in order to make their case against a known killer who may likely already be in prison... Soooo frustrating!

Happy Belated Birthday Elizabeth! You and Lyric should still be alive to celebrate many more birthdays.

If a sex offender is the perp, as Drew and Heather seem to believe, why haven't they caught him yet? I guess it's easier to keep a secret if there is only one of you. Besides us, who in that area, showed an unusual interest in the case? Why can't LE find that generic, older model, large, boxy white Chevy-type vehicle? :tantrum:

That is interesting dotr! What was the second trial outcome? I wonder if she even showed up. Can't believe the original decision was reversed and he was given a new trial based partly on those panties. She says she wore a small and the ones the PI found (or bought) were large.

Another double kidnapping happened - this time with two young Amish girls manning a vegetable stand by the roadside of their upper NY farm.
Fortunately, according to the latest news, these two girls were let loose and are now safe.
LE is continuing the investigation so don't know if there is a possible connection with our girls or not yet. Linking the two cases just in case.
Here is the link to their thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...13-August-2014/page14&p=10858263#post10858263

I was wondering about a possible connection too.

The way they left the girls makes it sound like maybe they didn't expect the police to be onto them so soon.

It's also interesting how quickly they were able to grab two girls and disappear with them. Gives some perspective on how fast Elizabeth and Lyric might have been taken.

The couple that abducted Delilah and Fannie Miller are being investigated for plotting and possibly kidnapping more kids. Hang in there Elizabeth and Lyric. We're gonna get there babies, I promise you! WE are gonna get there for you!

Stephen Howells Jr. and Nicole Vaisey, both of Hermon, were arrested Friday on charges they snatched the 7-year-old and 12-year-old girls from a roadside farm stand in front of their home near the Canadian border.

St. Lawrence County Sheriff Kevin Wells said at a news conference Saturday that investigators are looking into whether the pair had plotted or carried out other abductions.

We felt that there was the definite potential that there was going to be other victims," Wells said.
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/sheriff-pair-may-have-plotted-to-kidnap-more-kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member