Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great advice to call and demand to talk to a detective. When I called the Grundy County IA Sheriff's Office last evening, it was sheer luck that I reached the detective working the case. He was very appreciative of the info and we all know the communication issues with jurisdictional linkage blindness... Thank you watcher9...

Missing you Foxfire!
Fox's last post on this thread.
:goldstar::goldstar::goldstar::goldstar::goldstar:

What a gem, Foxfire, actively trying to help til the very end.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/34423878/...-elizabeth-murals-shed-light-on-unsolved-case

Two artists are using their artwork to try and get new leads for the unsolved murders of Evansdale cousins Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins...

Their cold case inspired artists Jeff Sonksen and Christopher Leet to create murals of the girls, using what they know best - art - to bring awareness to their case...

The murals will soon go up in Angels park. Sonksen and Leet want the murals to face the Interstate, so that every time someone passed by, they are reminded.

"You'll be able to see the girls every single day, it's just keeping it in people's minds - that's our goal," said Leet.

From your link,

"This could maybe bring the straw that breaks its back, and somebody comes clean-you never know," said Sonksen.

The unsolved murder of cousins Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins have been lingering on the minds of both Sonksen and Leet.

"And it's heartbreaking, we just need this solved," said Leet. "We need it. We need an end. We need closure, for the community, for Drew, for everyone."

That's scary.

The girls even kind of resemble Lyric and Liz, facially anyway.

Besides the similarities of appearance, and the fact of two girls together, I came up with some other parallels:

Found in an isolated part of a public park (though Delphi park is nowhere near as far off the beaten path).

Found beside a stream

Rumor is saying the bodies were some distance apart

Meat packing plants near both scenes (I know, find a small midwestern town that doesn't have one...)

It's enough to be suggestive but certainly not enough to be conclusive. Probably coincidences, but you never know.

eta: side by side of the girls. Liz and Lyric on top, Abby and Liberty below. Click to enlarge

liz, lyric, abby, liberty.png

Besides the similarities of appearance, and the fact of two girls together, I came up with some other parallels:

Found in an isolated part of a public park (though Delphi park is nowhere near as far off the beaten path).

Found beside a stream

Meat packing plants near both scenes (I know, find a small midwestern town that doesn't have one...)

It's enough to be suggestive but certainly not enough to be conclusive. Probably coincidences, but you never know.

eta: side by side of the girls. Liz and Lyric on top, Abby and Liberty below. Click to enlarge

attachment.php

OMG

I am having an absolute meltdown.

This is the same perp - it HAS to be!

I'm having a fit.

Found beside a stream

View attachment 110080

The similarities are enough to make one wonder. However, if I recall correctly, there was a possible connection to Michael Klunder that was ruled out. Time will tell if there is a connection here.

When reading about the Delphi case I thought of this case immediately, as it is one that I've never been able to stop thinking about. Looks like the two cities are almost 4 hours apart (by car). Although with so much time between the two perp could have relocated to this part of the state.

I tried to quickly refresh my memory on Klunder. Anyone remember why the connection to him was ruled out?

I tried to quickly refresh my memory on Klunder. Anyone remember why the connection to him was ruled out?
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_647e7e0c-6ea1-5f71-80e8-8b56a9700c47.html
rbbm.

On Wednesday, authorities confirmed that Michael Klunder, the man who was once the top person of interest in the disappearance and death of cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, has effectively been ruled out.

“After we put everything together, and reviewed and re-reviewed and did more follow-ups, it just doesn’t appear that he had been in this area on that particular day,” said Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock.

LE just said they couldn't connect him to the area on the date the girls were taken. He was not on their radar and never questioned about L&L. He hung himself before he could be arrested for the Dayton dual kidnapping and murder of Kathlynn Shepard.

However, they have "no hard facts" to make that connection at this time. They are similarities between the two kidnappings but they want to be cautious because nobody is interested in naming the wrong person.
"This isn't the first time we have investigated a connection like this," Smock said. "At this point, we want to keep the community and families informed and everybody wants closure but they also want justice. We don't want to falsely implicate him (Klunder) if he's not involved. He's no longer alive but he has family and if we get the wrong suspect, the real one will go free."

http://www.thegazette.com/2013/05/2...in-dayton-abduction-case#sthash.YwKamrip.dpuf

If you are interested, here is a link to his thread in the Serial Killer forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-and-Suspected-SK&highlight=michael+klunder

ETA - Sorry dotr. I didn't see your post before I posted.

Found beside a stream

attachment.php

Just jumping off your post Carbuff, here are a few more coincidences.

Victims: L and L
States: Iowa and Indiana
Streets/Areas: Lafayette
Rivers: Wapsipinicon and Wabash
Fathers of victims: D and D
Time: References to 1:00 p.m.

Just jumping off your post Carbuff, here are a few more coincidences.

Victims: L and L
States: Iowa and Indiana
Streets/Areas: Lafayette
Rivers: Wapsipinicon and Wabash
Fathers of victims: D and D
Time: References to 1:00 p.m.

WOW!
Nice to see you roseofsharon, very intriguing parallels!

When reading about the Delphi case I thought of this case immediately, as it is one that I've never been able to stop thinking about. Looks like the two cities are almost 4 hours apart (by car). Although with so much time between the two perp could have relocated to this part of the state.

**Just correcting myself that this is not in same state. I was confused by the fact there are Evansdales in both Iowa and Indiana. These two cases are 400 miles apart.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 2.01.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 2.01.44 PM.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 176
Thanks, dotr. I didn't even think of bringing the photo over here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors