IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my theory:

The girls were never at the lake. The dogs picked up their scent at the bikes and the woods just off the bike path because their bikes (with the girls' scent) were put there by someone else. So the dogs just ran to the bikes and then to the wooded area and then stopped. That was it. If the girls had been on that road (on bikes, walking, or by car) wouldn't that dogs have kept going? Someone planted those bikes/purse there.

I have a weird feeling about Aunt T and the witness she talked to at the lake at 2:45 stating he saw the girls riding their bikes heading east at 2:30. She really made a point to say she didn't know if that was true or if he was a suspect but that LE had his name/#. I think it is weird they did not find the bikes on the path themselves but rather LE did. If someone told me they saw them there I would walk all the way around the path. How long does that take? The 2:30 sighting does not seem possible with the 12:27 sighting. So do they know this man who says he saw them at 2:30? Is there really such a man? Is that info made up, or part of something else?

I believe the 12:27 sighting of the bikes.

I think she said they swim everyday - not ....they swim there everyday

Yeah, i think someone just misspoke. I'm sure Misty or Tammy mentioned that they swam elsewhere on JVM the other day too.

what does that mean exactly? the thrust is on the family?

IMO...the main focus is on the family (esp. Dan and Misty). it just looks like the focus is on the lake because the media is reporting on it and its a big visual thing.

(Someone posted a similar explanation earlier, but I can't remember who it was. Sorry for stealing your idea, other poster. :) )

I have been in full support of this family and would be shocked if they had anything to do with this. However, somebody needs to tell aunt T to zip it!!! She has diarrhea of the mouth. I'm worried she may do more harm than good. IMOO

Oh, IDK...maybe LE likes her to talk...a lot...JMO

Yep. See below.

Tammy Brousseau, the missing girls' aunt, said Thursday an attorney told Misty and Dan Morrissey, who are married but separated, to quit talking to police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, refuse polygraph tests and quit talking to the media. "Our feeling on it is we are requesting everyone participate and assist us 100 percent. This makes it a distraction for us when people decide to do things other than cooperate 100 percent. However it is their choice," Captain Abben said.http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisapp...rities-Call-Move-A-Distraction-163108866.html

Were they asked to take more polygraph tests?

Captain Abben thinks it is a distraction. However, people have rights in this country and by invoking them, they should not be criticised by police. This is not ok by me. Cooperation is one thing...but if 100% cooperation means getting dragged out of bed at all hours of the night or being detained without cause or being interrogated repeatedly that is bordering on illegal police conduct. These people need to utilize an attorney to not only protect themselves, but their sanity. Shame on Captain Abben for trashing them in public for this.

Here is my theory:

The girls were never at the lake. The dogs picked up their scent at the bikes and the woods just off the bike path because their bikes (with the girls' scent) were put there by someone else. So the dogs just ran to the bikes and then to the wooded area and then stopped. That was it. If the girls had been on that road (on bikes, walking, or by car) wouldn't that dogs have kept going? Someone planted those bikes/purse there.

I have a weird feeling about Aunt T and the witness she talked to at the lake at 2:45 stating he saw the girls riding their bikes heading east at 2:30. She really made a point to say she didn't know if that was true or if he was a suspect but that LE had his name/#. I think it is weird they did not find the bikes on the path themselves but rather LE did. If someone told me they saw them there I would walk all the way around the path. How long does that take? The 2:30 sighting does not seem possible with the 12:27 sighting. So do they know this man who says he saw them at 2:30? Is there really such a man? Is that info made up, or part of something else?

Moo, I think your theory is very likely. Nothing to base it on except my gut feelings. :)

Nancy saying her sources confirm dad was miles away, and the focus on family going on too long...minutes count...Grandmother was not afraid to come on and be interviewed...etc.

Epiph: IMO, NG may be playing devil's advocate and during her interviewing seeing if any inconsistency occurs.

IMO, she did same in the Cummings case.

Here is my theory:

Doubt that it is totally made up.Because she said that LE had his name ? MOO

Oh my, just joining in on this case. Haven't the parents passed polygraph exams, or has LE not commented in the results? The meth history is very disturbing IMO. Very. There are DV charges for the father (Dan).

And now, children have disappeared. I don't know...my gut is tangled up over this, especially considering MCM's bizarre demeanor (IMO of course). I can't foresee any type of happy ending.

Stated perfectly. Exactly how I feel.

With so much focus on the bio dad I have to wonder if the 16 year old son is the half brother of Lyric - it appears as though he lives with his paternal grandmother. Does anyone know? If he is her half brother, any mention of where is bio mother is? Not sleuthing here - just wondering.

Captain Abben thinks it is a distraction. However, people have rights in this country and by invoking them, they should not be criticised by police. This is not ok by me. Cooperation is one thing...but if 100% cooperation means getting dragged out of bed at all hours of the night or being detained without cause or being interrogated repeatedly that is bordering on illegal police conduct. These people need to utilize an attorney to not only protect themselves, but their sanity. Shame on Captain Abben for trashing them in public for this.

LOL no need to be argumentative. IIRC I got a finger shakin yesterday for reposting facts from a link here and from JVM about the meth connection to the families. It was MY right for stating the meth facts.

Captain Abben is NOT trashing the referred to person. That persons arrest record and his OWN comments are not off limits. Capt Abben didn't make things up, he stated facts.

If the girls accidently drowned, wouldn't something, anything surface by now? a week?
if weighted down, then foul play. IDK, JMOO

what does that mean exactly? the thrust is on the family?

Jim Spellman said this a couple of times today during his appearances on news updates. Paraphrasing, he said earlier that it wasn't quite fair to say that all the emphasis of this investigation has been on the lake-only a few individuals have been overseeing the situation at the lake. The thrust, the focus of the investigation, he said, has been on the family-not the lake.

WATERLOO, Iowa --- School counselors will be available Monday to support and address concerns of students after two girls disappeared last week.

Counselors will be at Kingsley Elementary School from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and at Poyner Elementary School from 4 to 8 p.m. Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, went missing Friday while riding their bikes around Meyers Lake in Evansdale. Cook-Morrissey attends Kingsley and Collins is a Poyner student.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/co...cle_e8874428-d1be-11e1-bda5-001a4bcf887a.html

Aunt T has stated a lot of things that Capt Abben has not confirmed though.

she has also said alot of things that LE says are not correct:

off the top of my head:

1)last seen time (was reconfirmed today it was 1215)
2)clothing descriptions (LE still does not know what they were wearing)

She is also the one that is talking about the attorney.

Okay so say some members of the family have retained an attorney.. wouldn't you think that attorney would issue a statement?

We don't even have a name of an attorney or really know if one has been obtained... We only have what Aunt Tammy is saying... which in this sort of a high profile case is odd... The reporters would be swarming over that attorney for a statement but we have heard nothing.
:moo:

LOL no need to be argumentative. IIRC I got a finger shakin yesterday for reposting facts from a link here and from JVM about the meth connection to the families. It was MY right for stating the meth facts.

Captain Abben is NOT trashing the referred to person. That persons arrest record and his OWN comments are not off limits. Capt Abben didn't make things up, he stated facts.

LOL...I am not arguing...I just get frustrated when LE comments (in many cases) about how people make things more difficult or create distraction, etc when people decide to use their rights to legal counsel, right to remain silent or not implicate owns self, etc...It is implied (through omission) that they are not cooperating fully. I just think his comment raised MORE speculation about the family in the general publics eye (seeing it as hiding something to use a lawyer, etc) and takes away from the investigation. LOL.

She failed a drug test and was violated.

She actually was charged with public intox which was a violation of her parole.

Do any locals here know if anyone else has ever drowned in this lake? If so, how long did it take to find them ?

No one has drown in the lake that I'm aware of.... At least in my lifetime.

Is the interaction between waterloo and e'dale residents pretty consistent and common or is it like two seperate worlds? I know waterloo is the bigger city and e'dale is the small town next to it...just wondering how intertwind they are. For example, I live in a smaller city outside of Los Angeles and even though we are a hop skip and a jump away from each other...we could be worlds apart.

There would be far fewer Waterloo residents coming to evansdale then the other way around. Evansdale has very limited shopping and jobs so most people work in waterloo/cedar falls and shop there as well.

Adding from a previous thread. Im going to guess that misty did not work at the elk run heights caseys. Im in there everyday and haven't seen any new faces.

I will also add that both schools tin evansdale have lots of outside camera many of which look towards the wooded areas behind them, and as of today, LE has not requested any of their video footage :(

I know its a long shot that there would be anything on it but why not take it just in case there is?

I think it's odd that Tammy is defending Dan so hard when he's been arrested for DV against her sister.

If he'd hit my sister, I'd be all like, "yeah, he's a crap person." ALLL over national TV.

she has also said alot of things that LE says are not correct:

off the top of my head:

1)last seen time (was reconfirmed today it was 1215)
2)clothing descriptions (LE still does not know what they were wearing)

She is also the one that is talking about the attorney.

Okay so say some members of the family have retained an attorney.. wouldn't you think that attorney would issue a statement?

We don't even have a name of an attorney or really know if one has been obtained... We only have what Aunt Tammy is saying... which in this sort of a high profile case is odd... The reporters would be swarming over that attorney for a statement but we have heard nothing.
:moo:

Excellent point!

LOL...I am not argueing...I just get frustrated when LE comments (in many cases) about how people make things more difficult or create ditraction, etc when people decide to use their rights to legal counsel, etc...It is implied that they are not cooperating fully. I just think his comment raised MORE speculation about the family in the general publics eye (seeing it as hiding something to use a lawyer, etc) and takes away from the investigation. LOL.

See above. Maybe the distraction LE was referring to was the aunt reporting this to the press. Seemed to me LE had no official notification regarding a lawyer, judging by today's presser. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member