IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that maybe Lyric is more like a little sister or a friend in Misty's eyes. Someone she misses now and loves to an extent, but not the way a mother loves her child.

My understanding of addiction is that the addict loves the drug more than another person. But that still doesn't make her a child killer.

Maybe they were celebrating that the girls were not found in the lake? That would mean the girls are not (for sure) dead. Of course, IMO, being abducted is not really any better. I certainly wouldn't be tipsy/drunk (why else go to a bar?) in a bar if my child was missing. *** I have always heard that alcohol bring out a persons true feelings.**** Not looking good to me. IMO

Isn't M on probation? She could get in trouble for drinking, I think. (I think that was one of the conditions of her probation). If I was in her shoes, I would certainly not be anywhere near a bar. Not too smart, in my opinion.

It just seems very distasteful to me. I would want to be at home in the event that Lyric and Elizabeth returned. I know that with mobile phones, one doesn't have to sit at home and wait for phone calls, but still; this looks very bad.

I think that maybe Lyric is more like a little sister or a friend in Misty's eyes. Someone she misses now and loves to an extent, but not the way a mother loves her child.

My understanding of addiction is that the addict loves the drug more than another person. But that still doesn't make her a child killer.

I agree liltexans. And seriously...what would the motive be? :waitasec:

MOO

I feel like Misty is still struggling with some demons, but I don't think that necessarily makes her guilty of harming her child.

I think there is obviously a creation of "family" dynamic in this case.

As far as Misty is concerned, she obviously comes from a place that needed a space filled, and it was done with recreational drugs (and etc). It's not unusual see addicts to have children, in some cases many, in order to fill this gap. Not saying that's the case here, but it does happen.

There is obviously a disconnect from having Lyric, since being gone, and in jail, on accord of having an addiction and craving to fill some void within (as most drug users do).

I just wonder where this comes from, you know? Makes me question everyone's role in this family -- and the constant bringing up "faith" when interviewed.

I don't mean any judgement on this family, cause I don't ever want to be in the spot they are in, but they are questions that have been on the tip of my tongue since hearing Grandma had custody of Lyric.

How unique is an individuals scent signature ? IF (big if, I know) a closely related family member/s had been at that locale prior to the girls disappearance, and IF (again, a big one, but humour me) their scent signatures were very similar, could the dogs have hit on someone other than the girls, ie. a sibling or close relative with whom they had frequent, daily, even physical contact ?

Oh, I understand teaching your children not to speak to strangers. But I do not see the harm in teaching children manners. I have always taught my DD that if she is with me, it is okay to respond to an adult's question and also to be polite and courteous.

I guess I don't understand why the loud voice and pointed remarks if you were only teaching your children a lesson? Why embarrass the nice old lady?

I wasn't trying to embarrass the nice old lady. I was trying to get the point across to my kids that nice looking people are strangers...and how do I know she was a nice old lady...she was a stranger to me too. not all strangers are mean. in fact Hubby used to work at the halfway house...the sex offenders were the most socialable, seemingly nice and well manner people in there.

Can any of the locals tell from this video where the girls were riding and what direction they were going? :waitasec:

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12072.shtml

Kamille, not local , but as best I can ascertain, the video is from a business backing to Brovan Blvd (street Collins live on)
the bicyclists appear to be traveling west, toward River Forest Rd. ( and the river is also that way)

also the 2nd bike does not appear to be a smaller girls bike, more like one with gears perhaps?

It's possible that I've spent my life surrounded by abnormal people, but I've known very few people in my life who cry 24 hours a day, even when first learning about the death of a loved one. I also know many people, and relatives who automatically smile when a camera points at them (although I'm more likely to cover my face.) My niece commented on a photo of her, her sister and her brothers at their aunt's funeral saying that she felt weird looking at them all smiling for a picture at the funeral.

I'm guessing that any "partying" that MCM has been doing has been because it's the best way she knows to deal with stress/depression more than it is her out having a good time. In the picture from last night, Tammy's mouth definitely looks more like it's smiling than her eyes do. She looks like someone who has cried recently, at least to me. I have personally known 100s of people who have died in my life, including several murders and suicides. One thing I have learned is that everybody grieves in his/her own way.

MOO

Very informative and clearly shows that Dan is a habitual meth user, even when out on bond with meth charges pending. Shows no ability to learn from past transgressions. I wonder if MCMs records show that same pattern. From her conviction record, I assume so.

And no, it doesn't mean they killed or sold these children. But meth users are notoriously volatile. Who knows whether their criminal pasts are related to the girls' disappearance?

BUT, why do they get to live with their children? Where are the safeguards for these kids?

I don't know if it is appropriate Mods to ask this here, please remove if warranted-
but is Wylma the mother, OR grandmother, of MC, HC, TB( who must have a different father??) and...
Okay purely my speculating, but has this ever been mentioned? DO any locals know? I guess I am just curious, as there could be a generation missing in there? I don't know if this would have any bearing on the girls being missing but at this point all avenues should be explored I presume.

and where are any grandfathers speaking up for their grand daughters?

Hi I know this is highly unlikely but is there any possibility that the girls got hold of some meth and something happened afterward to conceal the fact.

I am sorry I'm just grasping at straws and wondering what has happened here it is a mystery. What happened to these poor girls.

I totally agree going out to bars while your child is missing is not appropriate and highly distasteful.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think DM or MCM directly had a hand in the disappearance of the kids...BUT, I can surely understand why the police may be questioning them so hard.

To me that Twitter pic shows such a disconnect between MCM, her child and the current situation that it is shocking. She may very well have had nothing to do with Lyric and Elizabeth's disappearance but she has always came across as feeling positive on camera and that pic now makes me sick just looking at it. There are people on this thread, far removed from the situation, that are more torn up and glued to the screen for the tiniest bit of hope than this woman is.

I grew up with parents that had drug addictions. Whenever something would happen to my brothers and I (normal kid things) they would at least snap out of it, place unreal level of blame on themselves and things would change for a while. Yes, they always returned to old habits but my point is that in the moment they always took it so hard. I'm really just sick watching MCM smile her way through this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it is appropriate Mods to ask this here, please remove if warranted-
but is Wylma the mother, OR grandmother, of MC, HC, TB( who must have a different father??) and...
Okay purely my speculating, but has this ever been mentioned? DO any locals know? I guess I am just curious, as there could be a generation missing in there? I don't know if this would have any bearing on the girls being missing but at this point all avenues should be explored I presume.

and where are any grandfathers speaking up for their grand daughters?

As far as I know Wylma Cook is the mother of Misty Cook Morrissey, Heather Cook Collins, and Tammy Brousseau. I was assuming Tammy has her husband's (or maybe a former husband's) last name.

I would also like to know if there are any grandfathers or step-grandfathers.

I think there is obviously a creation of "family" dynamic in this case.

As far as Misty is concerned, she obviously comes from a place that needed a space filled, and it was done with recreational drugs (and etc). It's not unusual see addicts to have children, in some cases many, in order to fill this gap. Not saying that's the case here, but it does happen.

There is obviously a disconnect from having Lyric, since being gone, and in jail, on accord of having an addiction and craving to fill some void within (as most drug users do).

I just wonder where this comes from, you know? Makes me question everyone's role in this family -- and the constant bringing up "faith" when interviewed.

I don't mean any judgement on this family, cause I don't ever want to be in the spot they are in, but they are questions that have been on the tip of my tongue since hearing Grandma had custody of Lyric.

regarding the bringing up of faith. i have heard that the Collins family has been pretty much regulars at their church. as far as MCM since she is a new release from the facility (halfway house) it is pretty common for her to be working her steps (AA or NA) and i do know some churches even come and pick residents up from the facility for church services....what hs struck me odd all along is I have heard HC has severe health problems, but there seems to be no unification between the Collins and the Morrisseys.

Ok, this might be really off-the-wall, but I'll say it anyway.

Is it possible that the bikes seen at 12:27 weren't those belonging to the girls? If they were in the middle of the path, and nobody admits to moving them, could they have been placed there by someone waiting for someone vulnerable to stop and check them out or move them?

I keep thinking of someone (maybe at least one a woman or teen so they aren't so intimidating) could have called to them when they stopped with some kind of a ruse - puppies, kittens, needing help, whatever. Once the girls got over there, they could grab them, throw them and their own bikes in the back (of a van, maybe?) and left. It could have been any time between 12:27 when two bikes were seen and the time when the girls' bikes were found. That could also account for the sighting later in the day and the bikes being there earlier.

Or, maybe I've watch too many mystery movies...

I don't think this possible scenario is off the wall. It makes sense to me.

Where are these precious girls???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member