IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've felt a little too picky to bring this up, but why was he watering between 12 and 3? Maybe Texas is different enough heat-wise that my experience is not theirs, but watering in the heat of the day isn't usually optimal.

and didn't it rain that morning??? gosh, I live here and can't even remember...anybody?

I've felt a little too picky to bring this up, but why was he watering between 12 and 3? Maybe Texas is different enough heat-wise that my experience is not theirs, but watering in the heat of the day isn't usually optimal.

The temperature that day ranged from 74 degrees at noon to about 80 maximum, so it was not too warm for yard work or watering that afternoon. ( according to hourly temperature records from Wunderground)

If that is, indeed, a picture from last night, I truly don't know what to say. But...honestly, please don't tell me that it is normal behavior. I can't believe it.

Okay, I have to admit this doesn't feel right. I've been defending Misty's demeanor all along, since she is a victim. But this just makes me cringe.

We had another poster here who was living on Fran and was actually moving that day. She said it was "gloomy" around that time.

Here is the weather history for Waterloo...

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ity=Evansdale&req_state=IA&req_statename=Iowa

It does show a lot of light rain and thunderstorms overnight the night before.

that's what I thought...why water again? I mean it has been dry, but I thought I remembered that because any time I don't have to water my garden I am estatic! :)

:what: I'm sure glad I never ran into you. I am the sweet old grandmotherly type and I would have been so very humiliated. JMO MOO

Me too. I am a teacher and always speak to children in checkout lines. With their folks, of course!

:what: I'm sure glad I never ran into you. I am the sweet old grandmotherly type and I would have been so very humiliated. JMO MOO

cops daughter=old habits. we were never allowed to talk to people we didn't know when we were kids. My dad was pretty overprotective, but it sure kept me from putting myself in dangerous situations that alot of my friends did.

Unless they were there for a benefit to raise money for the search, it's inappropriate to me. And I have no problem with bars or drinking. I can guarantee you though I wouldn't be smiling it up for the cameras regardless of my reason for being there. Weird.

Well they may have just gone to a restaurant that has a bar area with family after the vigil for something to eat. And it now appears that a relative took the picture. So it might not be as bad as it appears to be.

In the case of Victoria Stafford, her mother was an oxycontin addict and seemed to act very inappropriate when her daughter was missing too. She denied using the drug but it turned out she was using daily during the disappearance. She had nothing to do with her daughter's abduction, rape and murder.

But the person who did was a local, with a female accomplice. And he spent an awful lot of time obsessing over the case after the abduction and perpetuating rumours that the child was likely abducted due to the parent's drug ties. Which he learned of after the fact from MSM and the internet. Something to keep in mind.

MOO

I know...I've heard that people handle things differently, but this would feel right to them? I've felt as though every aspect of MCM's behavior has had to be explained...this puts me over the top. As a mother, I can't even imagine ever smiling again, let alone exactly one week after my child went missing. I'm sick :(

Maybe they were celebrating that the girls were not found in the lake? That would mean the girls are not (for sure) dead. Of course, IMO, being abducted is not really any better. I certainly wouldn't be tipsy/drunk (why else go to a bar?) in a bar if my child was missing. *** I have always heard that alcohol bring out a persons true feelings.**** Not looking good to me. IMO

Hi everyone, another first-time poster here. I'm wondering if there are neighborhood kids who regularly spent time outside playing or riding bikes with the girls. Seems they would be the ones to know the girls' daily routine and could answer some questions - like, had the girls ridden their bikes all the way to the lake before? Did they typically stay closer to home? Had the girls been talking to/hanging out with any older kids or adults? Are there any adults in the area who have tried to get kids to come into their house with the offer of a cold drink, snack, etc?

cops daughter=old habits. we were never allowed to talk to people we didn't know when we were kids. My dad was pretty overprotective, but it sure kept me from putting myself in dangerous situations that alot of my friends did.

Oh, I understand teaching your children not to speak to strangers. But I do not see the harm in teaching children manners. I have always taught my DD that if she is with me, it is okay to respond to an adult's question and also to be polite and courteous.

I guess I don't understand why the loud voice and pointed remarks if you were only teaching your children a lesson? Why embarrass the nice old lady?

Oh, I wasn't criticizing teaching children about strangers, it was the loud calling attention to "especially the sweet grandma types" that seems downright mean to me. I see no reason to think that is a good lesson to teach children.

Sorry for the O/T. This is of course JMO and MOO

Hi everyone, another first-time poster here. I'm wondering if there are neighborhood kids who regularly spent time outside playing or riding bikes with the girls. Seems they would be the ones to know the girls' daily routine and could answer some questions - like, had the girls ridden their bikes all the way to the lake before? Did they typically stay closer to home? Had the girls been talking to/hanging out with any older kids or adults? Are there any adults in the area who have tried to get kids to come into their house with the offer of a cold drink, snack, etc?

Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

Welcome Athena12 :welcome:

I myself have wondered what Elizabeth's brother was doing that day and who he hung around with and whether they knew the girls and where they usually hung out. Or perhaps he is one of the new breed of teens who sleep all day and play video games and only "talk" to their friends via text. LOL.

MOO

I think Misty's alibi would be very easy for LE to check, though. I'm sure Casey's has cameras inside and outside since it's also a gas station.

I have some thoughts about why Misty seems to act the way she does, but none of them include the idea that she kidnapped or killed her daughter. She reminds me a lot of Billie Dunn from what I'm seeing and hearing. An absent parent for most of her children's life. Maybe not as bonded to her kids as she should be, but not necessarily someone who would actually purposely hurt her kids.

All of this is JMO.

Why, oh why, would she post something like this?

This case is strange, strange, strange.

I hope someone here in the doc dumps has screen capped that twitter post and correspondence, please and thanks!
The scrutiny on the family is gonna grow and things are already missing from previous posts and pages.

(EDIT: LB facebook is open, but could be filtered. I DID NOT find this picture posted on her FB page, but it could have been removed, or never existed. FFT.)

done.

I was just told last night, by a pretty reliable source, that M had been partying during the last week and I couldn't believe it but after seeing that picture, it might very well be true.

Welcome Catty :welcome:

I think that Misty may have some serious addiction problems and just like liltexans posted, no bond with her daughter. :(

MOO

did Misty come home from work on her lunch hour that day the girls went missing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required