IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue ... but I will fix my post. Thanks.

ETA: The name could be short for lollipop for an old lady like me. :crazy:

I think he stated he is a grandfather, but i don't think it matters much. I just know he's bada** for taking the time to take those photos and share them with us! :D

If this family is involved, how would they eventually receive any reward money without being caught ... six degrees of separation, no way. imo

I don't understand all of the suspicions about this witness seeing the bikes at 12:27. Do people think he kidnapped two little girls, and then a couple of hours later, he went to the police station to report seeing their bikes? Why would the perp do that?

I brought it up..actually for the very reason you ask that question...so that he doesn't appear suspicious comes to mind. Should dogs hit on his scent..he has already claimed to be there. Also, he did not say he saw the bikes at 12:27, as I understand it. He called his daughter from somewhere else on his cell phone and the cell phone time is the 12:27 time. I think he said he saw the bikes at about 12:20 and was using the call to his daughter as a reference point.

I think all stones should be unturned until these girls are located. Moo

If this family is involved, how would they eventually receive any reward money without being caught ... six degrees of separation, no way. imo

They wouldn't. BUT, people do crazy things when it comes to money, and think they won't be caught or that everything will work out in their favor.

That's easy, I am not talking about "reasonable adults". I am talking about adults who, perhaps, come up with a scheme and stage an abduction, either for monetary gain or some sick way of getting attention. Most often, when someone tells a lie, the story they have come up with includes details that aren't needed, or details that are exaggerated. Bikes laying in a bike path, a purse on the other side of the fence, a voice mail that is discovered a week after a child goes missing COULD all be completely staged to appear as though an abduction happened. I don't think the girls left the bikes on that path, I think they rode them to another location, left them there, and went on a last minute trip with someone close to them. If they are camping somewhere, then that would ensure they would come across very few people, and they probably wouldn't have access to electronic or printed media. As for the purse, I would think that a 10 year old just has a purse to "have one", but it wouldn't be needed to carry ID or money necessarily, so it probably could be left behind without much thought, if it even was carried at all on that bike ride in the first place.

Like I said, this is solely a theory of mine, and in light of the last presser may not be completely out there.

I have been also thinking this, I am not sure if it is because I want to believe they are alive or if I just can't grasp the "emotions" of the parents.. (or the lack of Emotions)
However, I would think if they were hidden by the parents or someone close to the parents that the kids were NOT told this was going to happen before hand.
Maybe someone met them at the lake and said lets run get Ice cream and leave your stuff here we will be right back.

Maybe just a whole lot of wishful thinking on my part... Put it is what I "feel"

We have that system in place in my school district as well, but it can only really be enforced for checking a student out of school. After the kids are dismissed at the end of the day, if student is a "car rider", they go out to the car rider ramp where the looong string of cars are waiting at parent pickup. When their car pulls up, they get in it and go. There are teachers outside that work the ramp but only to keep it flowing smoothly and of course watch out for obvious abductions (like a screaming kid being snatched into a car). What the teachers do not do is look inside every car and make sure the driver is on the parent pickup list. It would take hours for the kids to get picked up every day.
This is just how it works at MY school. I'm not saying that that is the way it is at their school.

Your user name pretty much describes me also. Our school handles car picks up the same way yours does. We are a small rural county with not more than 3000 students total spread out in 1 primary school, one upper elementary, one PK-5, 1 middle school, and 1 high school. Staff assigned to car duty as we call it do so for a whole semester. They probably recognize most of the parents by sight because we have taught several generations from the same families. Even though we are vigilant, an abduction could take place. The majority of all students in my county are bus riders which poses yet another abduction risk. Our bus drivers are not permitted to allow students up to a certain age off of the bus without a parent/guardian/designee physically at the bus stop to receive the student or an older sibling on the bus. Children who don't have someone to meet them or older siblings on the bus, are taken to the bus shop and attempts to contact the parent are made. If the parent cannot be reached, LE is contacted to find the parent'guardian and tell them to go get their children. You can imagine the scene when an irate parent shows up to ultimately pick up the child. This procedure is printed in our county's school handbooks. Schools do what we can to protect our children, but indicents do occur such as the one with Kyron Horman. When a school related incident occurs, someone always makes the comment that the school should have done this or that. We are not all-knowing or all-powerful but we do the best we can. School systems learn through the bad things that happen at other schools. I've taught for 30 years. School security has surely been beefed up following the Columbine shootings. I did not mean to do a rant but I want readers who are not in education to know that we do recognize the potential safety issues that could involve one of our students and try to put safeguards in place to prevent them. Our summer vacation here will be over in a couple of weeks. May you have a good year with your upcoming students if you are a classroom teacher. I have 2 more years to go and am looking forward to retirement.

I have been also thinking this, I am not sure if it is because I want to believe they are alive or if I just can grasp the "emotions" of the parents.. (or the lack of Emotions)
However, I would think if they were hidden by the parents or someone close to the parents that the kids were NOT told this was going to happen before hand.
Maybe someone met them at the lake and said lets run get Ice cream and leave your stuff here we will be right back.

Maybe just a whole lot of wishful thinking on my part... Put it is what I "feel"

Totally agree with that! Hope we are right!

I don't think they would be that unthinking to try and collect reward money, but a few pictures sold to news networks and interviews paid and trips to big city's, and Limelight... You would be surprised at how some people love the lime light,

Wasn't there a case where the mother and daughter were so concerned about there cameos shots in the news paper, not even caring about little Caylee that was missing??:waitasec:

I don't understand all of the suspicions about this witness seeing the bikes at 12:27. Do people think he kidnapped two little girls, and then a couple of hours later, he went to the police station to report seeing their bikes? Why would the perp do that?

...and we wonder why people are reluctant to become witnesses in an investigation. This poor guy saw something he thought might be important, went to report it and now all this speculation about him being the perp and even a comment about his physique. :moo: MOO

I hate to say it, but the thought of this being a staged abduction has been running through my mind, too.

What pops out as a red flag to me is that Lyric and another cousin were late coming home just a week earlier and her parents immediately called the police. Could that have been a trial run, to see how quickly the police react when a child is missing?

Or could Lyric have genuinely lost track of time and been late getting home, and that planted the idea of a staged abduction in someone's mind?

Again, this is just a theory that keeps nagging at me, and I in no way want to point the finger at the family. This case is baffling to say the least and I hope we get some answers soon.

I have been also thinking this, I am not sure if it is because I want to believe they are alive or if I just can grasp the "emotions" of the parents.. (or the lack of Emotions)

Lyric had been exposed to repeated trauma and a chaotic lifestyle while in the care of her parents. Being that Lyric's parents have been incarcerated for a significant portion of her life, the parental bond would not be what is accepted as 'typical' and healthy. The lack of an appropriate parent child bond could explain the strange affect of the parents, Misty in particular.

...and we wonder why people are reluctant to become witnesses in an investigation. This poor guy saw something he thought might be important, went to report it and now all this speculation about him being the perp and even a comment about his physique. :moo: MOO

I may be wrong, but from what I've seen so far, LE hasn't even added his sighting to their timeline....I guess it has to be verified some other way besides word of mouth........

Lyric had been exposed to repeated trauma and a chaotic lifestyle while in the care of her parents. Being that Lyric's parents have been incarcerated for a significant portion of her life, the parental bond would not be what is accepted as 'typical' and healthy. The lack of an appropriate parent child bond could explain the strange affect of the parents, Misty in particular.

Yes, this is true, however, how many here of us cry for these children?

Stay up late trying to find them through posting and research..
go out of our ways locally to take picture...
speak about them to our family’s and anyone who will listen..
And none of us are even their parents?

I brought it up..actually for the very reason you ask that question...so that he doesn't appear suspicious comes to mind. Should dogs hit on his scent..he has already claimed to be there. Also, he did not say he saw the bikes at 12:27, as I understand it. He called his daughter from somewhere else on his cell phone and the cell phone time is the 12:27 time. I think he said he saw the bikes at about 12:20 and was using the call to his daughter as a reference point.

I think all stones should be unturned until these girls are located. Moo

I think by now LE has already unturned that particular stone. At no time has this biker been implicated by LE as being anything other than a good citizen reporting something he thought might be important. JMO

Also, he did not say he saw the bikes at 12:27, as I understand it. He called his daughter from somewhere else on his cell phone and the cell phone time is the 12:27 time. I think he said he saw the bikes at about 12:20 and was using the call to his daughter as a reference point.

It sounds to me as if he must have checked his cell phone to find out what time he called his daughter (12:27) from the nearby gas station and worked backwards to extrapolate the approximate time be saw the bicycles on the path (12:20).

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/r...cle_7dbadcc0-cfd1-11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html

'As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children. Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often. “I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.’

It sounds to me as if he must have checked his cell phone to find out what time he called his daughter (12:27) from the nearby gas station and worked backwards to extrapolate the approximate time be saw the bicycles on the path (12:20).

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/r...cle_7dbadcc0-cfd1-11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html

'As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children. Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often. “I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.’

Yeah, from everything I've gathered, 12:27 was the time he made the phone call to his daughter letting her know he was making a brief stop; he used that time as a reference to backtrack and estimate when he saw the bikes on the trail.

I've been giving some thought to Lyric's father's upcoming drug trial. The judge has increased his pretrial supervision. Could the girls have been taken and threatened to insure he does not roll over on people higher up on the meth food chain? I personally know two people who have been offered good plea deals if only they give names, etc of their suppliers. These people did not choose to take the lesser sentences and did longer time because they knew if they rolled that someone close to them would suffer for it.

I've been giving some thought to Lyric's father's upcoming drug trial. The judge has increased his pretrial supervision. Could the girls have been taken and threatened to insure he does not roll over on people higher up on the meth food chain? I personally know two people who have been offered good plea deals if only they give names, etc of their suppliers. These people did not choose to take the lesser sentences and did longer time because they knew if they rolled that someone close to them would suffer for it.

Does the meth community work that way? With the "higher ups" and whatnot? I could see that scenario playing out with more 'premium' drug rings like cocaine. Idk...I just always imagined meth users as squirrelly tweakers with a meth lab full of household cleaners to make the stuff in their home. I don't really know how it works, though. Interesting idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight